Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,887 members, 7,821,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11707609 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

spot on. But wait for them to say you are jealous too, that's the new trend

It not difficult ignoring those set.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:
What is going on here?

it's the new trend, we are all jealous of he-who-must-not-be-named
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
EPL should not be the yardstick.
We can still do better than countries who have many players in the EPL even if we dont have any.
Most of England's players are in the EPL. e epp them?

komekn:

My comments was that Ebuehi not getting into the SE may seem somewhat unfair. But in reality his quality is limited and to buttress that point I said he would struggle to get in the U21 of the top EPL clubs.

Then it was claimed that the EPL quality is being overstated by me.

Hence the write up to explain and inform.

I was suppose to go to Burton but couldn't get anyone to come with me and I didn't fancy the Lord drive by myself on the M6.

However, it's not much of a game as Burton are already loosing 4 zero to Villa. Really wanted to see Hope Akpan and Tega.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Derik is going down with Bolton Everyday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Chrismario:
@do4luv14:

I and nerd's banter started when i quoted him jokingly not to compare rash to ndidi for they no mates and playing different wing.

He told me to stop shifting that he new where i belonged, he went on to say he doesn't have time for me and my likes who are epl fan boys obsessed with fantasies of foreign players.

Then i told him that he is blind biased patriot.

He started saying that i didnt caution my friend rico who insulted his mother.

I told him that i dont support wat rico said but he first drew the sword,,,,

Kindly go read up and stop dragging my nane along on what i had moved from.
I understands nerd is ur friend butt he isnt my enemy

Infact he was sad because safari criticize his conduct about the whole thing.

All i said is just to make to understand better. We are all here to give input and there must be varying opinion. Now he had created rival thread commenting and quoting himself and that was one of the funniest i have seen on this forum.

I hope you do read as i said. If you have problem with me lets settle but you must be dreaming to think that i will kneel and apologize to nerd.

I could remember when you told him to stop picking up fights and then fault everyone else for not separating them. I laughed reading that, and that was the best advice he could have gotten at that point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
I see that there were fightings here. That's elementary.
Let us continue with what is at hand -- The battle of Uyo part 2

Mickael2:

it's the new trend, we are all jealous of he-who-must-not-be-named

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:
Just like wishing Zapacosta starts ahead of Moses.
We all need to swallow the bitter truth.
Shehu has cemented his spot at right-back FOR NOW.

@the bolded. That was even after a good performance.
Someone thinks Aina will just walk in because championship is better than Cyprus or whateva

Actually NOT AT ALL.

However, we know that Aina is considered to be the best right back in the championship. That translates to being premiership quality and a hefty price tag.

The most expensive left back in English football currently plays in the championship for Fulham, Ryan Ssegnon.

The quality of the league and team you play for cannot be ignored.

We only know how good Shehu is we do not know how good Aina is. Therefore the idea that he has cemented his position as the number 1 right back is premature.

Every coach is constantly looking to improve his team that quest never ends in the pursuit of Excellence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
Did he play today? I read he is injured.

Chrismario:
Derik is going down with Bolton Everyday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
Chrismario:

Im just seeing this and and i dont know how i missed it.

Bia Oga do4luv, it seems you re mistaking this for gala carring it all around. I will advise you to go and read from beginning because im really get tired of you and your incurable problem saying what you know nothing about.

For clarification purpose, lemme explain what led to I/nerd misunderstanding since you chose to continue being awake and dreaming that i will apologize to nerd.
Nerd by nature is wonderful guy who has passion for SE but sentimental and emotional when analyzing players in comparison to ours.

(1) It started on Saturday concerning nacho and Rash who is better at the moment. Everyone gave his opinion but nerd was hard on those that chose Rash just like muah.

(2) On Saturday, the shit escalated to conflict because of pietrorico's refusal to accept nacho as better guy and nerd start using "dollophead, lobotomy, etc .
When all this was going on, here was some Rico's and nerds comment......

While all this was going on, basco,goodjoe,etc tried to calm nerd down but he was boasting that he was wrong guy to mess up with. That after dealing with rico, he will understand who he is.

(3) Rico then quoted himself about beeing too low to insult him, then he canceld the statement and said this, i quote

"ou are one very unintelligent motherfúcker. No let being book smart delude you anymore.
You lack basic skills necessary for intelligent social interaction.
You can brag about your John Hopkins achievements again but it means nada.

You are not just very unintelligent, you are also a very childish, self absorbed, myopic idiot who cannot see beyond his shapeless nose. And you exhibit all the characteristics of an inbred cretin was had an abusive childhood

What makes your deluded life think you like the Super Eagles any more than me or any other person here?

You really want to play in the mud, be my guest.. You dolt"

And

the smartest thing you have done your whole life.

By the time i finished with you, you would have taken up a gun, entered a supermarket, shot at a few people before ending your miserable life.
I have been trying to play cool, but your leprous fingers have been running faster than your lopsided brain, from pillar to post.
You microcephallous son of a village próstitute, who was so ugly at birth the doctors didn't know what end to slap as
Your ăss looked identical to your head.

The next time you see a PietroRico post, be wiser than the recipient of the y chromosome that formed you when she decided to not swallow, and run as fast as you can.

Idiot

Also

"your mother needed a hysterectomy more, many years before you were born, to save the world from your miserable existence."

Mind you, while rico was saying this, komekn,I,gudjoe were trying to calm thing down.

Nerd was also replying dat he needed lobotomy.

Note: All the quotes above was selected randomly since its too long to type more than 5 pages.

Goto page 1566 upwards to read better

I will upload what gave birth to I and his banter very soon so that you should stop masturbating on this rubbish topic that almost crippled this thread.

you can insult me all you want, its everyone that's my friend here, my only point is that insult towards his mom,

so wen replying put it in layman English , cos you aren't the only one you sabi grammar, grin,

Go ask HON PATRICK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
It appears our players are performing badly in the championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:
Did he play today? I read he is injured.

I dont really know.

But you know,, whether he play or not, he is going down with his team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
And you think he will start ahead of Shehu for those reasons.
Someone that performed excellently against Cameroon.
Keep dreaming oh.
It's not going to happen against Zambia. In future? maybe

komekn:

Actually NOT AT ALL.

However, we know that Aina is considered to be the best right back in the championship. That translates to being premiership quality and a hefty price tag.

The most expensive left back in English football currently plays in the championship for Fulham, Ryan Ssegnon.

The quality of the league and team you play for cannot be ignored.

We only know how good Shehu is we do not know how good Aina is. Therefore the idea that he has cemented his position as the number 1 right back is premature.

Every coach is constantly looking to improve his team that quest never ends in the pursuit of Excellence.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
do4luv14:

you can insult me all you want, its everyone that's my friend here, my only point is that insult towards his mom,

so wen replying put it in layman English , cos you aren't the only one you sabi grammar, grin,

Go ask HON PATRICK

Apology if you say na insult.
I hope you go read from page 1566 and advise him.

Grammar ni grin
U take style insult me cos im sure i dae bad in english

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:
EPL should not be the yardstick.
We can still do better than countries who have many players in the EPL even if we dont have any.
Most of England's players are in the EPL. e epp them?

Outside of Nigeria there is no other place where we have more potential stars than in the UK.

There are way over 1000 Nigerian origin players from age of 5 upwards in the English league system football academies.

That is an unprecedented amount of potential talent to harvest present and future players from. If you add all the local football and private football academies the numbers are massive.

What would be the game changer is to pick up players excluded from the academy system because of corruption and other political considerations. Essentially unknown but still exceptional quality. That would be giving English FA a bloody nose and show real commitment and loyalty to Nigerian kids in the diaspora.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Tega(On loan from Tottenham) scored for Villa against Burton Albion, quality midfielder making waves in the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
http://aoifootball.com/2017/09/21/azubu ... in-
turkey/

Olympic Bronze medal winning midfielder, and
former captain of Nigeria’s U-23 team to the Rio
2016 Olympics, Azubuike Okechukwu has been
rated second highest passer of the ball in the
Turkish Super Lig, according to latest statistics
AOIFootball.com gathered that the Nigerian
international, who has had two caps for the
Super Eagles and who currently plays for newly
promoted club Yeni Malatyaspor, has completed
a total of 269 passes with a 90 percent accuracy
after just 5 games in the Turkish Super Lig.
The stats was courtesy of a top European
statistics and scouting set up, Tofe T. Stats.
The former Bayelsa United defensive midfielder
is second to Galatasaray midfielder, Fernando,
who has completed 353 passes this term with 90
percent accuracy also after 5 games in the
league.
Zubby, as he is fondly called among teammates,
was one of the top best passers of the ball last
season in the Turkish Super Lig 2 and was
instrumental to his team’s eventual promotion to
the elite division.

With Agu's horrendous showing in Yaounde and presently in the Turkish league, plus Onazi's inability to give a simple pass both in d league and here in the SE, I don't get why these two still get the nod ahead of Zubby.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
Chrismario:

Apology if you say na insult.
I hope you go read from page 1566 and advise him.

Grammar ni grin
U take style insult me cos im sure i dae bad in english

go advice wetin, you want mak first lady Para for me abi?

grammar nah, lik LOBOTOMY, mobotomy and za oza rum por hauz. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
ChrisKels:
http://aoifootball.com/2017/09/21/azubu ... in-
turkey/

Olympic Bronze medal winning midfielder, and
former captain of Nigeria’s U-23 team to the Rio
2016 Olympics, Azubuike Okechukwu has been
rated second highest passer of the ball in the
Turkish Super Lig, according to latest statistics
AOIFootball.com gathered that the Nigerian
international, who has had two caps for the
Super Eagles and who currently plays for newly
promoted club Yeni Malatyaspor, has completed
a total of 269 passes with a 90 percent accuracy
after just 5 games in the Turkish Super Lig.
The stats was courtesy of a top European
statistics and scouting set up, Tofe T. Stats.
The former Bayelsa United defensive midfielder
is second to Galatasaray midfielder, Fernando,
who has completed 353 passes this term with 90
percent accuracy also after 5 games in the
league.
Zubby, as he is fondly called among teammates,
was one of the top best passers of the ball last
season in the Turkish Super Lig 2 and was
instrumental to his team’s eventual promotion to
the elite division.

With Agu's horrendous showing in Yaounde and presently in the Turkish league, plus Onazi's inability to give a simple pass both in d league and here in the SE, I don't get why these two still get the nod ahead of Zubby.
But we need to know what sort of passes. People can't be rating side passes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is not about jealousy or pride or ego, i think some folks here are not acting matured enough... A brother left us to go live in isolation and no one seems to feel the negative effect/impact it portrays for everyone here.
Now if SuperNerd leaves, (like he already did), Safari leaves, tbaba leaves too, and everyone else leaves gradually, you know what will happen here? I'll tell you guys! STAGNATION. Yes. This thread will die a natural death just because some folks want to display some ego. Now y'all should man up and mend this broken bridge. Stretch your hand of friendship to your brother and bring him back home.

SuperNerd, Rico, and anyone else that felt offended or insulted in this thread, on behalf of everyone here, accept our apologies!

We are sorry!

Let us drop the bullets and shake hands. Life is too short to be a wussy! #Gracias

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
komekn:
Tega(On loan from Tottenham) scored for Villa against Burton Albion, quality midfielder making waves in the Championship.

Put Muazam or Mathews in the same championship team with Tega, and the later would hardly make the match day squad. Waffy bwoy, u over hype these English born Nigerian kids

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 12:01am On Sep 27, 2017
ChrisKels:

That username just surfaced and exhibited one of the Nerd's habit, so don't be surprised that was Nerd in a different moniker. Nigga always feel he is better than everyone and that everybody is jealous of his achievements. If u were here when he had a fight with da Bigblangston, u would understand this better. This guy (Nerd) went as far as calling Blangston a low life riff raff who was jealous of his achievements as a youngster. A guy above 25 still called himself a youngster? was the question and correction from one of the thread members. He feels he has better career than everyone else whereas he doesn't have the slightest idea what each and everyone of us does for a living neither does he know our achievements in life. Just because we lot don't come here reeling out our achievements in life like he does, doesn't make us underachievers. Throughout my stay here, I have noticed one thing about him... Nigga is so full of himself and he has no regards whatsoever for whoever has a different opinion from his. He always wants everything to go his way. He is too emotional and saucy, reason he gets into quarrels more often than not, Safari had same trait (emotional and saucy) but turned a new live after the invasion some months ago. Seriously, if that guy doesn't change his way, he would have more enemies than friends even in real life.

He fought Blangston, he fought da Forgiveness and now this new dude and...counting. Who else gets into fights like he does? Too much reading of the book called "the secret of power" He ain't no kid no more but he is too puerile for my liking.

But above all, guy is a great analyst and knows the game inside out. But his attitude remains his undoing.
Lol... Dr. Chriskels still remembered that feud. when he called me a low life riff raff, I wanted to tell him who I really was but I thought within me "who my introduction go epp". I can remember vividly from his rebuttal that he said I call mickael2 as Dr. Mikael2 and others too but I don't reckon him as such, then I discovered he felt hurt by me not recognizing him as such. I know icon4s to be a geologist, I have followed his moniker for long but he doesn't know and I called him a doctor in one of my interactions with him but he tacitly evaded the title telling me he is not one then but very soon he will be, that's what I call humility and it was one of the things I remembered that I refrained from telling him who I was. Even komekn still keeps his identity(I'm about to unmask him) and we still respect him and other notable monikers here. I have been monitoring safarigirl's post since 2013 where I was privileged to know that she was a law student in uniabuja but she doesn't come here to show it in our faces.

Let's just sweep all what might have happened under the rug and let's move on. Thesupernerd is a great guy, I am sure he has learned some important things from what has happened.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:15am On Sep 27, 2017
PurpleHouse:
This is not about jealousy or pride or ego, i think some folks here are not acting matured enough... A brother left us to go live in isolation and no one seems to feel the negative effect/impact it portrays for everyone here.
Now if SuperNerd leaves, (like he already did), Safari leaves, tbaba leaves too, and everyone else leaves gradually, you know what will happen here? I'll tell you guys! STAGNATION. Yes. This thread will die a natural death just because some folks want to display some ego. Now y'all should man up and mend this broken bridge. Stretch your hand of friendship to your brother and bring him back home.

SuperNerd, Rico, and anyone else that felt offended or insulted in this thread, on behalf of everyone here, accept our apologies!

We are sorry!

Let us drop the bullets and shake hands. Life is too short to be a wussy! #Gracias
you must be new here, because if you were an old member of this thread, you would know that the altercation between Supernerd and Rico has played itself out numerous times between most if us and nobody has left.

You think we got to 1600 pages by talking about the EPL and our matches? We don quarrel tire for here, we have thrown insults at each other, the type to make any reasonable man cringe, but did anybody leave?

Bikonu, i take God beg you, if you want to apologise on behalf of yourself, by all means do that, but the rest of us should be left out of your apology. You no like Supernerd pass me and you certainly no sabi am pass me or Goodjoe or Sir Icon, so, if someone should be talking of apologies, it should be we wey sabi am.

If all of us that are his allies on a normal day have refrained from aligning with him, it should tell you something

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:25am On Sep 27, 2017
safarigirl:
you must be new here, because if you were an old member of this thread, you would know that the altercation between Supernerd and Rico has played itself out numerous times between most if us and nobody has left.

You think we got to 1600 pages by talking about the EPL and our matches? We don quarrel tire for here, we have thrown insults at each other, the type to make any reasonable man cringe, but did anybody leave?

Bikonu, i take God beg you, if you want to apologise on behalf of yourself, by all means do that, but the rest of us should be left out of your apology. You no like Supernerd pass me and you certainly no sabi am pass me or Goodjoe or Sir Icon, so, if someone should be talking of apologies, it should be we wey sabi am.

If all of us that are his allies on a normal day have refrained from aligning with him, it should tell you something
No, I'm not new here!
And your reply just points to the first line of my post above.
And I didn't literarilly say everyone was gona leave, just an analogy to drive my point across.
Bottomline: pride stinks here too much. Everyone wants to show off and belitle another. Nerd isn't perfect, infact, he's go so many flaws, but heck that goes around for me and you and everyone else here. You can take this to the bank, you guys continue like this, this thread will become boring and loss its taste. Infact, I'm already finding it boring self, and I guess same goes for other folks too. I mean, all you guys do is fight and fight like kids. Grow up dudes!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 12:31am On Sep 27, 2017
Mickael2:

how has he not convinced Rohr enough? Has he played at all? No be if you play you go showcase your skills? I keep on hammering on it, Rohr is not a fantastic coach and recently we have also discovered that his assistants too aren't tactical or technical one bit.

Now Akpeyi is back, and I am almost certain he will get plugged right back into the mix. We have Aina, Awaziem and Ebuehi plus Shehu who have all been playing very well as fullbacks for their club but Echejile again will start, we have all forgotten the number of times he got skinned during our last match against Zambia, next month might even be worse.

Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind inviting Uche Agbo(who is even a midfielder) ahead of Omeruo, Otigba and even Taye Taiwo(since our LB is weak)?

Can someone explain to me how Musa(who has been playing for the U23, same thing we accused Omeruo of) and Iheanacho(who hasn't been fit and still isn't fit) ahead of Kayode and Onyekuru(who has 4 goals in 6 games for Anderletch)? Can someone explain to me why we have not started integrating another Cmf in the team who can be a competent sub for Mikel?

I know we will beat Zambia, albeit a slim victory, but these questions will come back to haunt us against top teams, foreign coaches are usually reverred for their lack of sentiments but these recent lists have not been supporting that at all.
this is a crucial match not a friendly, you didn't change a winning team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 12:40am On Sep 27, 2017
edi287:

Seriously I'm getting tired of seeing Musa on the team. We have Onyekuru, Bonaventure, etc playing well and we keep picking Musa because of "experience". I don't know what he brings to the table that we can't get from Kayode, Onyekuru and Bonaventure
it is musa times ,their time will come

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:42am On Sep 27, 2017
PurpleHouse:

No, I'm not new here!
And your reply just points to the first line of my post above.
And I didn't literarilly say everyone was gona leave, just an analogy to drive my point across.
Bottomline: pride stinks here too much. Everyone wants to show off and belitle another. Nerd isn't perfect, infact, he's go so many flaws, but heck that goes around for me and you and everyone else here. You can take this to the bank, you guys continue like this, this thread will become boring and loss its taste. Infact, I'm already finding it boring self, and I guess same goes for other folks too. I mean, all you guys do is fight and fight like kids. Grow up dudes!
we have been together since 2013...going fromghread to thread. We have a UNIT....I don't know if you were around then, so, when I say we have been together for long, I don't just mean 1600 pages long.

And since then, only Nerd has gone, only him, why? Because apparently, he was the most prideful of the bunch and couldn't stand a hurt ego. And you know who chased him away? A non-regular, a guy he could have EASILY ignored like I did, but of course, he no reason am like that.

Now wey e don go, you think he's fulfilled in that his desert thread? Nobody even follow am go, so, who was wrong? If he was right, he would have had at least threw converts

But like I said, you don't know Supernerd more than we wey start thread with am, and you certainly have never stuck your neck ou for him like I have, so, na you go come tell me if I suppose apologise to am?

Nothing lasts forever, so this thread will not be everlasting and neither will the members. Anybody that wants to leave can leave, there will be new entrants. Soldier go, soldier come, barracks remain.

If we start begging everybody that wants to leave, when will we stop? After all, I have been repeatedly attacked on this thread multiple times, who beg me? Who apologise?

People dey even tell Supernerd sorry, he still dey form. Make e dey there, maybe e get boyfriend for here wey dey look him face.

I will tackle anybody that thinks we owe anyone an apology. He has gone, he has forfeited his right to an apology, let it rest

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2017
Napoleon55:
then explain why and how below average players like IWOBI,IHEANACHO AND INDIDI according to u kept making the list of the best young footballers in the world.
Ogbeni forget dt one,na humans like u dey do ratings wc to me,it is not free of been faultless
D question is aw does it translate into d pitch of play
Where re dis guys playing at d moment Are dey 20top clubs?asyde iwobi,mostly on reserves
Can u compare d an iwobi with asensio?
An iheanacho with mbappe/dembele
B4 u start quoting me,if u re gud,u re gud
Gone re those days wen d S.E midfield rub shoulders week in week out with d best in d world.players were in PSG,Juve,inter Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, in a starting 11 line up den and not what we av now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:52am On Sep 27, 2017
safarigirl:
we have been together since 2013...going fromghread to thread. We have a UNIT....I don't know if you were around then, so, when I say we have been together for long, I don't just mean 1600 pages long.

And since then, only Nerd has gone, only him, why? Because apparently, he was the most prideful of the bunch and couldn't stand a hurt ego. And you know who chased him away? A non-regular, a guy he could have EASILY ignored like I did, but of course, he no reason am like that.

Now wey e don go, you think he's fulfilled in that his desert thread? Nobody even follow am go, so, who was wrong? If he was right, he would have had at least threw converts

But like I said, you don't know Supernerd more than we wey start thread with am, and you certainly have never stuck your neck ou for him like I have, so, na you go come tell me if I suppose apologise to am?

Nothing lasts forever, so this thread will not be everlasting and neither will the members. Anybody that wants to leave can leave, there will be new entrants. Soldier go, soldier come, barracks remain.

If we start begging everybody that wants to leave, when will we stop? After all, I have been repeatedly attacked on this thread multiple times, who beg me? Who apologise?

People dey even tell Supernerd sorry, he still dey form. Make e dey there, maybe e get boyfriend for here wey dey look him face.

I will tackle anybody that thinks we owe anyone an apology. He has gone, he has forfeited his right to an apology, let it rest

You raise some points, but my points is that, in life, when we lose people, we shouldn't alwats wait for them to come to us, we MUST try to make an attempt to stretch a hand to them and accept them back like prodigal sons and daughters. Now that's maturity!
And that's the message i'm trying to pass on. We should try to make the moves first, and when we do make the moves and they still acting like a Boss or an OgaMadam, then we can leave them to go rot in wherever they want to rot in!
But for us, we should always be #PeaceMakers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:02am On Sep 27, 2017
PurpleHouse:
You raise some points, but my points is that, in life, when we lose people, we shouldn't alwats wait for them to come to us, we MUST try to make an attempt to stretch a hand to them and accept them back like prodigal sons and daughters. Now that's maturity!
And that's the message i'm trying to pass on. We should try to make the moves first, and when we do make the moves and they still acting like a Boss or an OgaMadam, then we can leave them to go rot in wherever they want to rot in!
But for us, we should always be #PeaceMakers
you can stretch your hand.

I will not condemn myself to another insult from Supernerd, I am yet to recover from the first one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:57am On Sep 27, 2017
libero808:
Just like wishing Zapacosta starts ahead of Moses.
We all need to swallow the bitter truth.
Shehu has cemented his spot at right-back FOR NOW.

@the bolded. That was even after a good performance.
Someone thinks Aina will just walk in because championship is better than Cyprus or whateva

I know Shehu is likely to start and i think he will do a good job. Aina offers more attacking threat in my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 4:43am On Sep 27, 2017
safarigirl:
you can stretch your hand.

I will not condemn myself to another insult from TheSuperNerd, I am yet to recover from the first one.

Abeg no vex madam. It seems like the mention of TheSuperNerd activates a switch in you that gets you angry. The guy is a friend who has stood up for you a number of times and I don't recollect him using any words that could be generally termed as "insulting" on you in this "saga". He is a great guy and please let's not see his starting a thread as a deliberate attempt to bring this one down. He was always bound to do that as he clearly has a passion for Nigerian football. His enthusiasm is commendable (though I must say some o us who witnessed the birthing of the golden era from 1993-1999, will always apply caution for good reason) and that passion will push him to return here in due course. I also think we shouldn't discourage people from contributing to his thread if they so wish. It is not a competition. Let's move past this please...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:40am On Sep 27, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Before CMR everyone was talking of how the pace of CMR would kill us. Bassagog Bassagog, Moukandjo Moukandjo was all I heard. My brother pace met pace on that day. That pace you saw from the Zambians against Algeria was cos Algeria didn't have their own pace to trouble them. There's a kinda pace you'd be faced with that you'd have to channel most of your own pace in defending. Zambia need to be worried about the 2 Moses. If God wan come punish Zambia to the fullest that day, and allow Rohr mistakenly play Aina in LB, then it would be the same pace that attacks that would also defend against Zambia.... Bro leave matter for Matthias, Zambia would see the kinda speed they have never seen before in this qualifiers. Every coach has complained against Nigeria's style due to our coordinated speedy plays.

You too sabi

(1) (2) (3) ... (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), Taazenga(m), elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.