Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11872627 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:11am On Oct 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Continue attacking. Continue arguing. Do not learn. Call people you do not know Illiterates. I have no link with Iheanacho. Iheanacho is Owerri. I am based in Port Harcourt. I have been called Keshi's agent, Siasia's agent, Odemwingie's agent. This is not the first.

If you like learn or argue.
I should learn what exactly? That his goal against Man Utd from 1yard off Kevin De Bryan shot wasn't a tap in?

Well, for his people to advice him to stay back in England to qualify for a British passport after Brexit tells me he's not surrounded by intellectuals exactly.

Did I say you were his agent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:15am On Oct 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Now you are being Incoherent. What does that have to do with Iheanacho not being a tap-in merchant. Is it painting you that Iheanacho was rightly awarded a goal? Or, you do not know that a deflected shot by a fellow teammates gets the goal.

But you were gyrating up and down with examples of the few goals he scored outside the box.
Now I have brought up his tap ins, you've gone hysterical.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:17am On Oct 21, 2017
Wishing Uzoho another clean sheet.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:26am On Oct 21, 2017
PDPGuy:
Could Osimhen and Tammy Abraham be the Super Eagles front two at the world cup?

They both stand at 6'1'' and 6'4'' respectively, which could be useful during aerial duels with opposing center-halves; and Osimhen is quite pacy too, as evidenced at the last U-17 tournament.

Or should Rohr stick to fielding just one striker?
Lol, Osimhen and Tammy? You must be referring to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar grin

Oga, we are not going for U20 World Cup...eez Senior World Cup sah, eez for senior boys

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:54am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
Finidi for under 17
Paul Aigbogun for under 20
Kennedy boboye for under 23

Finidi has vast experience coaching youth football so i believe he will be an asset in the under 17.

I know Paul Aigbogun coached Warri Wolves and Enyimba... Kenneth Boboye, league champions with Plateau United.

nff have started again...can someone tell me Paul aigbogun achievements...I don't know why his appointment...the man has done nothing to get this job...maikaba of awka United should be given this job instead....

another appointment of man know man...I remember after the demiss of kadiri ikhana he was called to manage enyimba...prior his appointment enyimba won the league wit a record of 70 points...only for him to start leading enyimba on a downward spiral....

to be honest...his appointment to me...is a square peg in a round hole...

for Baboye I understand perfectly well...but this aigbogun only God knows....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:43am On Oct 21, 2017
safarigirl:
Lol, Osimhen and Tammy? You must be referring to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar grin

Oga, we are not going for U20 World Cup...eez Senior World Cup sah, eez for senior boys

Safari! you have joined the 'Experience' crew?.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:56am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
"In the last five weeks I saw plenty of promo for the Aeito cup from everybody. Please excuse me if I did not get the spelling right. Brought in the caf president for the grand finale, and a whole lot of people. So the stage was set, for a wonderful show. The whole world was watching again and the outcome was nonsense, and this is not for the first time. A lot of local bloggers believe we should only say positive things about our league to promote it, and sell it to the outside world. My question is? What is positive about our league? Since the inception of the LMC what has changed in our league? Certainly not the quality of football, because the whole world saw that in the just concluded Aeito cup. So if the quality is bad? What do you want to sell?"

- Jonathan Akpoborieā€¸ @akpoborie Oct 18

League advocates, respond to Jonathan Akpoborie..

God Bless you Jonny.

Plus I wonder why that final was played at the Agege stadium?

Why not the Nest of champions? or National stadium Abuja? What of the new Adokiye stadium in PH?

Or they didn't want to give Akwa united the home advantage in Uyo? What ever happened to fixing the venue of the final right from the kickoff of the competition? Chelsea played Bayern at Alienz Arena in UCL final a couple of years back.

That final game was a poor publicity of the NPFL and Nigerian football as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:52am On Oct 21, 2017
First Friendly...
Nigeria vs Argentina
Nov 14
in Russia

With Balogun and Moses out, good chance to test players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
First Friendly...
Nigeria Argentina
Nov 14
in Russia

Nigeria 0 messi 4 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2017
Nigeria va Argentina confirmed by the Argentinian fa twitter handle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2017
We should discuss about Algeria and Argentina games. These are essentially 2 friendlies. What is the team, you want to see? Who do you want to see tested?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2017
Friends, Countrymen, Nairalanders!!! (Hmm, this my sloagan greeting no go cause wahala)

English premiership is the most watched league in the whole world ... but also highly over rated and overhyped. Yeah I said it!
Enough of all the noises we make about EPL. If they were that good, EPL teams will be thrashing fellow giants like barca or Juve every chance they get. In fact it will be a miracle if any of the so called top 4 reach quarter final stages of the UCL.
That said, whether someone plays in an obscure league, backwater league, front water league or moon league, as long as there is talent/quality inherent in them, I dont think its supposed to matter.

Let us stop thrashing people based on where they play. I feel its wrong. I mentioned sometime ago, we are all Nigerians and desire better lives or should I say better living conditions hence any opportunity away from home is siezed seeing that the Country has abandoned its duties to its citizenry. Lets ask ourselves between playing for Enyimba of aba and FC NoName in Turkey, which will you choose? I see us thrash our players a lot but the truth is if we were presented with such options I am not sure we will choose differently.

We have no leg to stand on. Until we take sports seriously and not only that; every sphere of Nigeria, things will always stay the same. We build monuments that we cannot maintain, we cant even plan upgrading the infrastructures we have. No plans as to making sports a career for youths. Everyone wants to go to school, graduate with 1st class so he can rub it in for his neighbor that scored 2nd class lower. We all want to live in Lekki, Banana island, Eko atlantic and so on , forgetting the vast undeveloped lands in Ijebu Ode, akure, Benin, Kwara, and the East.

We focus on how people see me than how the country fares. We super selfish. I remember the rich used to live in Dolphin estate back then. I passed by the same dolphin a couple of months back and I almost puked! What does that say? All the stuff we think are important now are all junk! Human lives matter. Build lives and build people, then we have a robust nation. But if all we ever think about is how to have a mansion in Abuja or Banana Island so we can be with the creme de la Creme, I am afraid, it just wont cut it.

Sports today is huge business and frankly an avenue to build careers for younger generations. In some countries like South Africa (they also have their problems too. ) Their varsities have soccer teams. They dont have to wait for their own version of NUGA games before they play. The ones that excel sometimes get into the league as well. They play hockey tourneys, they have swimming competitions etc. What is worse is that they arent as talented as we are in Nigeria but they are working at it. What are we doing?

Were it not for the murder case on Oscar Pistorious, the dude is a legend in south Africa. If it were in Nigeria, na wheel chair candidate. Let us put more value on the human life, value on what we do, be it MD CEO or as 'low' as a vulcanizer.Thats where our problem starts. Looking down on people. The day your car gets stuck on the expressway, the supposed low life mechanic is the one that will come to your rescue. The ones u regard as riff raffs. And we wonder why mechanics charge crazy fees? Its cos thats where they are the boss, the all important CEO. Treat people with respect.

I am sorry I had to digress from soccer but all these things are interlinked. I have more to say but I would stop here.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:10am On Oct 21, 2017
kennysville:
Friends, Countrymen, Nairalanders!!! (Hmm, this my sloagan greeting no go cause wahala)

English premiership is the most watched league in the whole world ... but also highly over rated and overhyped. Yeah I said it!
Enough of all the noises we make about EPL. If they were that good, EPL teams will be thrashing fellow giants like barca or Juve every chance they get. In fact it will be a miracle if any of the so called top 4 reach quarter final stages of the UCL.
That said, whether someone plays in an obscure league, backwater league, front water league or moon league, as long as there is talent/quality inherent in them, I dont think its supposed to matter.

Let us stop thrashing people based on where they play. I feel its wrong. I mentioned sometime ago, we are all Nigerians and desire better lives or should I say better living conditions hence any opportunity away from home is siezed seeing that the Country has abandoned its duties to its citizenry. Lets ask ourselves between playing for Enyimba of aba and FC NoName in Turkey, which will you choose? I see us thrash our players a lot but the truth is if we were presented with such options I am not sure we will choose differently.

We have no leg to stand on. Until we take sports seriously and not only that; every sphere of Nigeria, things will always stay the same. We build monuments that we cannot maintain, we cant even plan upgrading the infrastructures we have. No plans as to making sports a career for youths. Everyone wants to go to school, graduate with 1st class so he can rub it in for his neighbor that scored 2nd class lower. We all want to live in Lekki, Banana island, Eko atlantic and so on , forgetting the vast undeveloped lands in Ijebu Ode, akure, Benin, Kwara, and the East.

We focus on how people see me than how the country fares. We super selfish. I remember the rich used to live in Dolphin estate back then. I passed by the same dolphin a couple of months back and I almost puked! What does that say? All the stuff we think are important now are all junk! Human lives matter. Build lives and build people, then we have a robust nation. But if all we ever think about is how to have a mansion in Abuja or Banana Island so we can be with the creme de la Creme, I am afraid, it just wont cut it.

Sports today is huge business and frankly an avenue to build careers for younger generations. In some countries like South Africa (they also have their problems too. ) Their varsities have soccer teams. They dont have to wait for their own version of NUGA games before they play. The ones that excel sometimes get into the league as well. They play hockey tourneys, they have swimming competitions etc. What is worse is that they arent as talented as we are in Nigeria but they are working at it. What are we doing?

Were it not for the murder case on Oscar Pistorious, the dude is a legend in south Africa. If it were in Nigeria, na wheel chair candidate. Let us put more value on the human life, value on what we do, be it MD CEO or as 'low' as a vulcanizer.Thats where our problem starts. Looking down on people. The day your car gets stuck on the expressway, the supposed low life mechanic is the one that will come to your rescue. The ones u regard as riff raffs. And we wonder why mechanics charge crazy fees? Its cos thats where they are the boss, the all important CEO. Treat people with respect.

I am sorry I had to digress from soccer but all these things are interlinked. I have more to say but I would stop here.

Good points. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:24am On Oct 21, 2017
goldfish80:

Even Chicarito scored a fee goals outside the 6yard box. Still doesn't make him any lesser than a tap in merchant.

Better tell the young man to get his acts together,otherwise he could end up like Macheda.

I have a feeling he's surrounded by a lot of illiterates and buisness men who just want to milk the cow.

sometimes arguing with thegoodjoe about NACHO, is like trying to find the coefficient of x in 2=2 grin,

you know what that mean cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Safari! you have joined the 'Experience' crew?.

boss e surprise me ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

Any date for the game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
We should discuss about Algeria and Argentina games. These are essentially 2 friendlies. What is the team, you want to see? Who do you want to see tested?

Thank God we are not in the Keshi era where we would parade a team that has likes of Gambo Mohammed,Chima Akas and Gbolahan Salami in a high profile friendly of this nature. I hope to see our 'A' team lined up

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Any date for the game?

Nov 14
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
Wishing Uzoho another clean sheet.

Chai Akpeyi the jittery goalie, I hope u can see this tweet. Kog45, join me to shout keep soaring my boy, u r lion hearted!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2017
A high profile friendly without our big boys? Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
Henry should be called to replace V Moses...also Dennis should be looked into as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Icon4s:

Thank God we are not in the Keshi era where we would parade a team that has likes of Gambo Mohammed,Chima Akas and Gbolahan Salami in a high profile friendly of this nature. I hope to see our 'A' team lined up
yes sir....I hope to see Henry make the team, he has the pace and guts just like Moses...also we have etebo as well and for the defense....I will love see awaziem test his gots....hope he keeps fit wit Nantes...
likewise Aina replace Elderson and ebuehi test some minutes of action in the Algeria match....

I believe the least we gonna get from that match...Will be a draw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2017
ChrisKels:
A high profile friendly without our big boys? Smh
and so....this should be a litmus test to those other players hoping to break into the team....a solid performance from any will be a break through....

we have got players we can play good football...just take a look at Henry had it been he played with SE players same way he played against PSG.....his efforts would have been more yieldful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2017
Joebie:
I agree that u20 is a big step ahead of U17. Solanke has a more impressive youth record compared to Osimhen. However, at the moment,
they are both at par, as neither have been able to get on the scoresheet at their respective sides. The club and league your play is irrelevant. When they start performing, we can start making that comparing as regards the quality of the opposition, league etc.

So, Solanke's goals at the Eredivise is also youth record?

If you you really believe the club and league you play in is irrelevant, fast fast consider Solanke's goals in the Eredivise to the equation, and consider he did that at 17, then tell me if they are still par.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:30am On Oct 21, 2017
elyte89:

Nigeria 0 messi 4 grin
what do you think you wrote up there?
same Argentina that managed to qualify
I think that should tell you how poor they've been lately.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
Awoniyi's goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBQp4e7c5EE
just that English work permit thing.... I see him as someone that should be in the epl next season....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:33am On Oct 21, 2017
;Dhello @esose9
how are you doing?
happy weekend rest....caught you :
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:36am On Oct 21, 2017
Humility017:

yes sir....I hope to see Henry make the team, he has the pace and guts just like Moses...also we have etebo as well and for the defense....I will love see awaziem test his gots....hope he keeps fit wit Nantes...
likewise Aina replace Elderson and ebuehi test some minutes of action in the Algeria match....

I believe the least we gonna get from that match...Will be a draw

There is allowance for 6 substitutions. So more opportunities for upcoming players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2017
Icon4s:

There is allowance for 6 substitutions. So more opportunities for upcoming players.
okay...thats perfect.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2017
goldfish80:

I should learn what exactly? That his goal against Man Utd from 1yard off Kevin De Bryan shot wasn't a tap in?

Well, for his people to advice him to stay back in England to qualify for a British passport after Brexit tells me he's not surrounded by intellectuals exactly.

Did I say you were his agent?

Does saying Iheanacho score a tap in goal make him a tap in merchant? Seriously. I have given you multiple goals and you are saying one goal. SMH. I wonder if you understand what tap in merchant means at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Humility017:

and so....this should be a litmus test to those other players hoping to break into the team....a solid performance from any will be a break through....

we have got players we can play good football...just take a look at Henry had it been he played with SE players same way he played against PSG.....his efforts would have been more yieldful

Nothing like that. This kind of friendly is to test the strength of your 'A' team. It should be an insight as per how our team would fair against an 'A' opponent. This could give us the mental strength to face big teams in the world cup.

If we want to test the fringe players we play against an average opposition.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, ddone, maidaboi(m), victornoah(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.