Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,245 members, 7,856,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11908591 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) ... (16313) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mickael2:

I saw your first reply before you modified it and wanted to ignore, but you changed it so let me make some things clear.

I can come to an engineering gathering and start saying things that are not accurate and an engineer will tell me to keep quiet that I do not know what I am saying, it is not an insult just the truth, I said keep quiet not shut up, if you took it as an insult then sorry.

Has Nantes played against PSG? Monaco? No. Has Hibernian played against Celtic? Yes. The outcome? A draw? The hero? Ambrose.

What position does Nantes currently occupy?

Nantes is number 5 in the league after 9 games. Awaziem has played in most of these games. He has played in the center of defence several times.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mickael2:

He is probably going to play a 3-4-3 against us and it is a shame really because we can't exploit it. Our forwards are not the fastest forwards ever and none of our forwards can bully Mascherano. Let's wait for the game though
Not when we have Onyekuru and Victor Moses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
Joebie:
I've always been of the opinion that most of us are jumping the gun. 8 months is far away and many things could still happen.

However I'm hoping these boys will stand up to the test.

My man 8 months is not far away when it comes to WC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
G
TheGoodJoe:

Gabriel Jesus exposure has to do with the Brazilian system where young kids are groomed the old fashion way to fit big shoes.

Nwakali and Osimhen, are good maybe far better than some of the English lads getting easy pathways to the EPL.

If a player is not born into the system or put in early, it is difficult for the child. So like comparing Solanke's path to Osimhen does not add because Solanke is having an easy ride due to him born into the system. Not just talent.

Even a young Yaya Toure with all his talent was denied work permit. He was better than most but denied a work permit.

If Gabriel Jesus was to come as a young chap before him blowing at Palmeiras, he would not find it easy.

Where you are born matters a lot. When you compare Solanke's path to Osimhen and Nwakali.

Mbappe came to Chelsea on trial at about age 11 but he didn't make the cut even played with Tega against Charlton Athletic.

So will you say it was nationality that prevented him.

I was at a premiership academy last night with the Director there were some guys doing thier badges coaching and had to observe the youth teams training.

These were U10 players majority had been there since age 5. In that group was a Nigerian boy on trial who had just relocated from Italy to England with his parents.

You know about drills, forms, philosophy and technical football. This boy didnt know the drills or the technical skills he was completely out of his depth. It's possible that after the 6 weeks trial he may improve and tune in and get a contract although highly unlikely. What I am saying at that young age your nationality is irrelevant. Consider that these boys are getting coached 4/5 times a week.

That's the first stage or first major hurdle to get past. At the age of 4/5 years old. There are no age group teams so how do you get in. Simply by network or as we say who no man. So let's say you had very little natural talent but after being coached 3/4 times a week after a two years talent and ability have been created. That's an unfair system.

I will talk about this in depth another time.

But I can assure you that boys of Black and or African origin are being discriminated against all the time. But much more pronounced in the North of England than the south.

So it's not easy for Solanke as you presume.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Look at Awo. If he was born in England, his treatment would have been better by Liverpool. Same for Nwakali. Due to where they were born, they are treated badly. Worst is even Arsene Wenger.

These are incredible assumption with multiple variables to make any kind of futuristic projection is entirely flawed.

If Awoniyi had not been born in Nigeria and played U17 he would not have been known.

If he was born in England he may have chosen, athletics, basketball, rugby, cycling, boxing, etc etc.and not football.

If he chose football who says he would have made the cut. Let's say he was born in Dalston Hackney and decided to be a drug dealer, and gun totting gangster. Or in the alternative be a musician.

Or study and become a Doctor, accountant or lawyer.

You simply cannot make those kind of futuristic assumptions because you are born in England. Was it not that idiot Michael Adebanjo that in his misguided fanaticism beheaded a off duty soldier in broad day light in London. He was born in London if he was born in Nigeria that would never have happened.

So you see using futuristic probables based on location of birth is simply not feasible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
PDPGuy:
Could Osimhen and Tammy Abraham be the Super Eagles front two at the world cup?

They both stand at 6'1'' and 6'4'' respectively, which could be useful during aerial duels with opposing center-halves; and Osimhen is quite pacy too, as evidenced at the last U-17 tournament.

Or should Rohr stick to fielding just one striker?

Oghene- Tega Abrahams is the best young striker in the premiership GBAM.

Who is Osimhen a youth player of two years ago who has done absolutely nothing currently in a low level team warming the bench and sometimes not even able to get on it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kog45:

It is actually in football terms very far away.

It took months for Rashford to catapult himself into the England team from nothing beyond academy football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Joebie:
Celtic was held at home by Hibernian with Efe in the thick of things. Same Celtic at UCL. Not a big feat but the guy is not finished as some will want us to believe.

The Scottish League is a one team league with Celtic winning everything and anything year in year out for the past donkey years. It's not a small feat for Hibernian to hold Celtic to a draw.

Bt the way if not for work permit issues I can assure you 100% Efe Ambrose would be playing in the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Humility017:

i have to modified it....reason to be polite as much as i can even though I see those words you put up there as trash...

let me tell you...you're not an expert in this field...your opinion of football facts are mere yours...and should not think you better know than everyone else...hence no need for the engineering analogy.

regarding your question in Nantes FC.....they're currenrly occupying the 5th spot on the league table...same points wit Marseille and saint-etenne and wit even a game at hand...

let me say this....Celtic is not in same level wit Bordeaux or Montpellier and nantes have played both....

PSG I think on the 18 next month...
if PSG could humiliate Celtic that much right in their stadia before their home fans....I don't think they're better than any middle level placed team in French ligue 1

Again you still do not want to learn. I do not care about your opinion as regards to Ambrose and Awaziem, it's your opinion and should be respected. Why I said you should keep quiet was because you wanted to reduce Hibernian to a low-level, relegation contender which is false, they are 6th and they held Celtic..

PSG beat Bayern by....4? That means Bayern isn't any better than the mid table teams in the Ligue1 I guess.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

Nantes is number 5 in the league after 9 games. Awaziem has played in most of these games. He has played in the center of defence several times.

Now see my point, Nantes has always been a midtable team even before Awaziem came into the team, he can even sit on the bench in some games. But Hibernian were in the Division2 without Ambrose, infact they won't turn up for any game if Ambrose is suspended. This is not me comparing Hibernian to Nantes, rather trying to point out that Ambrose being instrumental to their surge up the scottish table is a phenomenal achievement

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kog45:
The two league are apart and d two players in question are apart,one had seen it all and d other one is just coming up.

Personally i w never go back to Ambrose coz am one d school of thought that don't believe in Martins,IK Uche recalls but Awaziem still yet to prove if he is capable in eagles colour though good games with Nantes.

Simple, his last game wasn't good. Ambrose was forming a strong partnership before he got dropped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Are we not tired of this unnecessary comparisons? I do agree that Abraham with no doubt at the moment is above Solanke and Oshimen.

But as for Solanke and Oshimen,,,,, they are same yet to prove anything. Both of them are doing no extraordinary thing just to subbed in when match is already been lost or won.

Abeg who know when papa Rohr go release list?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mickael2:

Now see my point, Nantes has always been a midtable team even before Awaziem came into the team, he can even sit on the bench in some games. But Hibernian were in the Division2 without Ambrose, infact they won't turn up for any game if Ambrose is suspended. This is not me comparing Hibernian to Nantes, rather trying to point out that Ambrose being instrumental to their surge up the scottish table is a phenomenal achievement

Apart from Celtic, most teams in the scottish league will struggle in ligue 1. Ambrose played at a level lower than his ability and he shined. He might still be relevant to the national team due to his performances and experience but Awaziem right now is playing well at a better level.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
Context. Some of these boys will be tested further

Modified
It will only take one flop in a match for us to start calling for their heads
Kog45:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kog45:
Pls don't tag me Uzoho hater,i take God beg u o coz anything on Uzoho na for u to mention Kog45 despite acknowledged you for good analysis on d boy.

Habi wetin u want again.

Wishing d boy successful career.

Hahahaha my man dun vex oo. Pele bro but I no mean to annoy u oo Chai. Hw ur weekend dey go jor?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
That Richarlison is fire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nigeria Watches On As FIFA Considers Updating Change Of Nationality Rules
October 21, 2017

World football governing body FIFA is currently mulling over some changes on the rule governing ‎players eligibility for national teams, particularly the rule on switching from one nation to another.

According to Victor Montagliani, who is the head of FIFA’s stakeholders committee, the present rule on eligibility for national team contains some restrictions, which are mainly aimed at frustrating players from playing for teams they have no connection with.

He also said the present rule governing players who want to switch allegiance from one nation to another has provisions, which has stopped players from switching from one country to another with ease.

The Canadian, who is also the president of the North, Central America and Caribbean Federation ( CONCACAF) particularly mentioned Africa, Asia and his own region as continents battling with the issue of nationality switch for eligible footballers.

Nigeria have been very active in luring players with dual nationality to switch allegiance to the senior national team, and the proposed amendment of the rules could make things easier for them, but at the same time it could also tighten issues.

“There are nationality issues that pop up all over the world, in Africa, there are issues in Asia and CONCACAF, so it’s a good time to have a look at this and see if there are solutions, without hurting the integrity of the game.”

“There are so many issues that have popped up over the years because the world is changing, immigration is changing”, Montagliani concluded.

Shedrack Obi

--OwnGoalNigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
Joebie:
That Richarlison is fire

Badluck to success grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
A collision of Nigeria journalist including collin udoh, jk ojekere and Ralph chidozie George have gone to twitter and have created a trend mounting unnecessary pressure on tstv and exposing a lot of issue

Which the public should not be aware of
To what gain

To see tstv an indeginous company fail so that they can get to keep their jobs

Funny how u see them on their show lamenting how the stadiums are poor this this and that

Dstv has had the broadcast rights for the npfl for long now have the increased the sponsorship if so can it be compared with the sponsorship they give to the PSL
The PSL all games are shown on dstv every week

Npfl just one game I'm very very low quality and stupid commentary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
PROVERBZ:
A collision of Nigeria journalist including collin udoh jk ojekere and Ralph chidozie George have gone to twitter and have created a trend mounting in necessary pressure on tstv and exposing a lot of issue

Which the public should not be aware of
Yo what gain

To see tstv an indeginous company fail so that they can get to keep their jobs

Funny how u see them on their show lamenting how the stadiums are poor this this and that

Dstv has had the broadcast rights for the npfl for long now have the increased the sponsorship if so can it be compared with the sponsorship they give to the PSL
The PSL all games are shown on dstv every week

Npfl just one game I'm very very low quality and stupid commentary

What's dis one saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
Joebie:
That Richarlison is fire

Missed 2 sitters today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
ChrisKels:

Hahahaha my man dun vex oo. Pele bro but I no mean to annoy u oo Chai. Hw ur weekend dey go jor?
No wahala,weekend cool my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
tbaba1234:

He has played 5 games and how many did he start He is not the first choice CB with those stats if the truth must be told.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mickael2:

Agreed without reservation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mickael2:

Again you still do not want to learn. I do not care about your opinion as regards to Ambrose and Awaziem, it's your opinion and should be respected. Why I said you should keep quiet was because you wanted to reduce Hibernian to a low-level, relegation contender which is false, they are 6th and they held Celtic..

PSG beat Bayern by....4? That means Bayern isn't any better than the mid table teams in the Ligue1 I guess.
but you saw what bayern did to same Celtic...
let them play bayern first at their homeground then you will tell me of that...

that's how parochial your mind is....
next time don't thrive on assumptions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
elyte89:

What's dis one saying
I am ranting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
komekn:

He has played 5 games and how many did he start He is not the first choice CB with those stats if the truth must be told.
see how you shift goal post...

if we should go wit your postulations....of highly ranked leagues in the world...
what position is Scottish league and French league...then compare both.

you've fogotten that same Scotland prefer their players to be drawn from the English championship and probably only Celtic...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kog45:
Yea Jobie with Awaziem, Ekong,Balogun even Omeruo and Agbo,no need for Ambrose.
God bless you for this....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kelechi sitting it out against Swansea today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Missed 2 sitters today.
good he missed it.... Chelsea loosing that mAtch would have ruin my weekend

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Joebie:
That Richarlison is fire
Yea Bro!
He's a good hustler but with little tweaks here and there the guy will blow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
This is what Rohr has to learn from Conte. Change of tactics and formation in a course of a game. In addition, proper substitution and to identify players able to play multiple roles.

When Conte realised his 3-4-3 formation was completely neutralized by Watford and was very vulnerable to Watford's constant attack/pressure, he changed the formation to 4-4-2. Immediately, the impact was felt and Watford puzzled.

Before then, he yanked out Morata and brought on Batshuayi because the former struggled against the physicality of Watford defence. That takes guts to remove your most potent striker for the unwanted.

Rohr should try out different formations during our friendlies and check how efficient some players who we assume play multiple roles.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) ... (16313) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), Gajagojo, akwesenana, GMBOFASIA, lovewins, Truidstarr and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.