Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11689343 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

If I say Messi will walk into our first XI it is not a disrespectful statement to anyone, it is just what it is. If Joel Obi is invited Ndidi, Etebo, Onazi, Ogu and anyother backwater midfielder we invite will have to either contest for the DMF role(i favour Ndidi here) or sit on the bench for Joel, it's so simple.

Meanwhile Joel Obi has always performed in the GWG, it isn't hype at all, just the fact.
Thank you. Joel Obi is hands down better at the CM position than either one of Ndidi or Onazi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2017
sontoly:

joel obi case is different, i wont like him to go to worldcup he is injury prone, he shld try and see how to fix his injury cases, i dont know how arjen robbin turned from injury prone to iron man, let Joel obi learn what he did.
Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Remember that he plays on the left side of the attack for this club and that he was a cf last year when he had those monster numbers though in division 2.
So how does your observation reflect on him? As in is it to his credit or discredit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2017
Na so una hype Aina o....say d guy dey ball for Championship.....I nor see wetin e don play for our 2 games o.....

Na Ebuehi dem gve just 45mins and we know wat he can do....

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

If I say Messi will walk into our first XI it is not a disrespectful statement to anyone, it is just what it is. If Joel Obi is invited Ndidi, Etebo, Onazi, Ogu and anyother backwater midfielder we invite will have to either contest for the DMF role(i favour Ndidi here) or sit on the bench for Joel, it's so simple.

Meanwhile Joel Obi has always performed in the GWG, it isn't hype at all, just the fact.
Hmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2017
edi287:

I respect them, but Joel Obi is simply more talented. I'm not downgrading anyone but truth is a fit and in form Joel Obi CAN break into our first 11.
I like your emphasis:CAN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2017
Mujtahida:

So how does your observation reflect on him? As in is it to his credit or discredit?

credit, scoring from the wings is tougher

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2017
sontoly:

To be honest this two is performing better than kayode, but the leagues they play in cannot be compared to the one kayode plays thats the reason.

cyriel even plays in a tougher league compared to paul denmark which is less competitive, may be thats why the stats is in favor of him, he needs to move to a tougher league to be considered.
What a good comment.

Shehu Abdullahi play in Cyprus league doesn't mean any player playing in Obscure league must be good for Eagles.

Honestly Onuachu stats crazy but what about the competition in Danish league.

Peter Ijeh remain one of the best Nigerian to play in Scandinavia leagues scoring goals but got the invitation and flopped.

Dessers look solid and his stats too is awesome and i believe he deserves invitation but hope he w make it cos eagles don't wait for any player,come in and perform.

I w never rate Peter Onuachu and Dessers ahead of Kayode cos what they are doing now Kayode did it last season in Austria league before moving to Man city and loaned to Girona in LA liga.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
My man you said Messi but here we are talking of Joel Obi.

I remember the same Joel Obi failed to make the cut when invited by Keshi prior to WC.

I respect him as a player and even agitating for his recall.I watched him yesterday with what i saw he cannot walk straight into eagles first eleven.

That's my opinion and i stand by it.

he just came back from an injury, played a game before the international break and scored a goal. Then he played very well in the first half and by the second half you could see him playing with some form of discomfort which is expected of someone who just came back from an injury. But the fact that he just came back from an injury and walked straight into the Torino first XI has answered all your questions, I mean this is Torino, not Trabzonspor or Bursaspor or Figuerense or even Leicester(yes they are relegation contenders now).

I repeat that Joel Obi has never disppointed in a GWG jersey before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2017
Mujtahida:

Hmmmm

See Wilshere's injury record, Arsenal has been sending him out on loan. Despite Joel's records he still is a sure starter whenever he comes back, that says everything
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2017
kingphilip:
both of them are second tier sides

Both of them moved up and one is constantly doing it and the other isn't

So what's your argument
Both aloft them are not the same that's my argument
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2017
edi287:

I respect them, but Joel Obi is simply more talented. I'm not downgrading anyone but truth is a fit and in form Joel Obi CAN break into our first 11.
Am not disputing his talent or saying he cannot break into super eagles but walking straight into eagles first eleven is my dispute.

He w need to work and displace Onazi or any other midfielders.

Why i say hype is too much,was telling us only INFORM Mikel can stop him.

I watched him yesterday,good before he was subbed off,based on yesterday match his first eleven is not guaranteed.

My man the present eagles of Rohr not that easy as we are seeing it and it w take a very hard working players inclusive Joel Obi to break into the squad not to say first eleven even it reached a point Iheanacho place was not guarantee in the XI.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

See Wilshere's injury record, Arsenal has been sending him out on loan. Despite Joel's records he still is a sure starter whenever he comes back, that says everything
Arsenal and Torino?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
Arsenal and Torino?

ah, Oga don't tell me you don't know about the Turin derby? Torino is more like the.....Everton of the Seria A, they are always found between 4-8, that is a top club if you ask me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

he just came back from an injury, played a game before the international break and scored a goal. Then he played very well in the first half and by the second half you could see him playing with some form of discomfort which is expected of someone who just came back from an injury. But the fact that he just came back from an injury and walked straight into the Torino first XI has answered all your questions, I mean this is Torino, not Trabzonspor or Bursaspor or Figuerense or even Leicester(yes they are relegation contenders now).

I repeat that Joel Obi has never disppointed in a GWG jersey before
Pls which club is Sadiq Umar playing for presently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

ah, Oga don't tell me you don't know about the Turin derby? Torino is more like the.....Everton of the Seria A, they are always found between 4-8, that is a top club if you ask me
Oh u should know that we watched Italian league when the league was number one in the World.Great follower my man,hope you remember Abedi days in Torino if am right.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
Pls which club is Sadiq Umar playing for presently

Nna eh, Sadiq na serious benchwarmer like I know he should be. He played two games for Torino without a single shot on target and Torino sent him back to the feeder team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
Oh u should know that we watched Italian league when the league was number one in the World.Great follower my man,hope you remember Abedi days in Torino if am right.

that was back then when no single italian match used to end with 22 players on the field, I loved those days grin nice memories
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2017
Mujtahida:

Just try and watch him but I doubt you'd see anything beyond what you want to see. You seem to have already made up your mind.
It was also on this thread that I heard about dessers,onuachu and Dennis . I took my time and watched them and I must say that I was impressed by desser and onuachu. I know dessers still at the lower levels so to speak but he's got it. He has the thing.
Its about having an eye. We cannot all be singing his song if he doesn't have 'it'.
Meanwhile nobody is saying he's all gold. Do you know who discovered dessers for Nigeria? Rohr himself. It was rohr who told him to move higher.he has and he's still hitting goals.
Read this:http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/04/rohr-convinced-dump-belgium-super-eagles-dessers/
No disrespect to Dessers but he has only performed in the Dutch second league so he doesn't deserve a call up so soon. Let's see what he comes up with now that hes in the Eredivisie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

that was back then when no single italian match used to end with 22 players on the field, I loved those days grin nice memories
Pls compare and contrast the old Torino and present Torino
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:04am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

Nna eh, Sadiq na serious benchwarmer like I know he should be. He played two games for Torino without a single shot on target and Torino sent him back to the feeder team
WOW.. He's refused to improve and that's a typical Nigerian players habit.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2017
mumemma:
Na so una hype Aina o....say d guy dey ball for Championship.....I nor see wetin e don play for our 2 games o.....

Na Ebuehi dem gve just 45mins and we know wat he can do....
No mind them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

Sadiq Umar had a goal this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2017
sontoly:

joel obi case is different, i wont like him to go to worldcup he is injury prone, he shld try and see how to fix his injury cases, i dont know how arjen robbin turned from injury prone to iron man, let Joel obi learn what he did.
True talk. But O think Robben is still injury prone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:12am On Nov 20, 2017
ChrisKels:
So far this season, the top scorer in the Eredivisie has 9goals and 3assists in 832mins while Dessers has 5goals and an assist in 695mins.

Lozano plays in a better team PSV Eindhoven

PSV tops the league with 33points while Utrecht is in the fifth position with 20 points ahead of teams like feyenord, ebuehi's Adodenhag, Chelsea extension "vitesse" etc. It has been Dessers and Zakaria's goals keeping his team up there.

If we go by komekn's logic ; Be the best in your club and one of, if not the besdt in the league in order to merit an attention, then Dessers is worth the whole hype considering his age, his team and his numbers.

Agreed as potential, should be given an opportunity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
Pls compare and contrast the old Torino and present Torino

wel...I would say they have gone back slightly. There was a time when they defeated Juventus in the Turin derby almost 6 times straight but recently the Turin derby has been a walkover. But this season they are doing well, I fancy them to finish 5th ahead of Inter. Napoli wins the league, Juve second, Lazio third, Inter 4th
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
Sadiq Umar had a goal this season

preseason goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2017
komekn:

One question is Nwaekeme better than Obagoal presently.
No o not comparable.Nwakaeme made his debut at the age of 28 tells it all.

Obafemi already done with eagles at 28,and still kicking. Obafemi far better.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2017
Mujtahida:

Don't be too fast komekn. Don't think that I like the changes ooo in today's football which emphasises functionality over creativity. I prefer flair abeg. What is football if we do not have our ooo ohhhhhh lala moments, that moment when a player does something magical and wows us?
Here's my favourite football quote from Socrates of Brazil, the great master of jogo Bonito 'beauty is important;victory is secondary. What matters is joy.'

I just endure the trend nowadays not that I enjoy it.

If you read my first post you would understand that my FIRST PREFERENCE IS SKILL & FLAIR not necessarily hard work, bulldog mentality and endeavour.

There are two issues that converge what the fans want and what the clubs want. The fans in Spain want sublime skillful technically advanced football.

English fans appreciate endeavour and work ethic too over skill, flair, etc.

My preference us totally irrelevant in pushing a player forward. It's what the Manager and club wants, if you are 5"5 and Maradona Tony Pulis will not even look at you. So I have to advise my players accordingly so that can have competitive edge and advantage.

Which European countries nationals and associated derived players seem to walk straight into the EPL

When you answer that question it explains it all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2017
Mickael2:

preseason goal
Ni he had pre season with his parental club AS Roma.Hope you know he was on loaned to Tofino,already scored a goal this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2017
Kog45:
Am not disputing his talent or saying he cannot break into super eagles but walking straight into eagles first eleven is my dispute.

He w need to work and displace Onazi or any other midfielders.

Why i say hype is too much,was telling us only INFORM Mikel can stop him.

I watched him yesterday,good before he was subbed off,based on yesterday match his first eleven is not guaranteed.

My man the present eagles of Rohr not that easy as we are seeing it and it w take a very hard working players inclusive Joel Obi to break into the squad not to say first eleven even it reached a point Iheanacho place was not guarantee in the XI.

I meant only Mikel is better than an inform Joel Obi and that's the truth. He has the work rate to go with his technical ability. He is superior to Onazi and Ndidi in terms of TECHNICAL ABILITY. That's the edge he has over both Onazi and Ndidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2017
yes!!! You are correct Sir, that was when Tbaba and Forgiveness started saying he should be considered for the world cup, please forgive my memory loss. Yes I think he scored as a sub then, recently their main striker got injured and he was called upon to lead the lines and he didnt register a single shot on target for two games straight and he was sent back to the bench. The boy is not quality, simple and short, but for him we would have been in that Olympics final against Brazil

Kog45:
Ni he had pre season with his parental club AS Roma.Hope you know he was on loaned to Tofino,already scored a goal this season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, jieta and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.