Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682236 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:05am On Jan 19, 2018
Kog45:
I read your comment and am happy but do we need to appeal to anyone on how he or she make comment again cos we have been doing this all over and over again and is not working,so better to leave it and let the attacks continue.I know when times come it would mellow down naturally.

On Iheanacho, well I don't have much to say cos i see him they way i see other players and as i always said we must respect these players personality, respecting their personality does not stop us from expressing our views on them but such views should be in a well constructive manner.As it stand Kelechi deserves our support and he too should not relent cos we want the best for him.

I don't want to mention names but am not happy the way we make comments here especially personal attacks,if i may ask on what,football matters especially Super eagles which we all love.We should always have it in mind that eagles brought us to this thread,nothing more and everyone's opinion must be respected,it's not compulsory we should be on the same page,being on the same page we won't be at 2k plus pages.

My man as i said there is no need to apeal again cos we have had enough, so let it continue cos i don't expect a mature minds to resort to personal attacks when it comes to discussion.It's uncalled for

The main Iheanacho man here is thegoodjoe and i have great respect for this gentleman cos he always based his views on Nacho with constructive analysis and never look emotive to express his view on those who have contrary opinions which i always appreciate and i take a cue from him regards my approach to anything on Mikel cos is a player i love so much,Michael2 will understand better.

I still remember how some guys came in and made the thread heated up that some regulars have to be on ghost mode,they turned this thread up and down,i know icon4s will remember what am talking about,also how TheSuperNerd went on AWOL and some honourable member of this thread appealed to him to come back cos we missed him dearly.

One thing we should note there see things to gain from this thread that even football that brought us together,i don't think going to London and move around shouldn't be an issue to any of us here cos Komne is on ground or going to US and move around with the presence of icon79,better for us to take it softly the way we address ourselves cos we still have a lot to do together.

As i said personally i will not appeal for peace to reign again,we are mature enough to know what is right and wrong,what brought us here is eagles and it would be foolish of anyone here to hate or wish the team bad irrespective of the criticism.

Respect to all members of this great thread and Up Super Eagles.

well said.

On theGoodJoe, there is a way that he calls you a hater that will even make you laugh, totally expressing the fact that it was just a playful banter and he gets along with everybody else. I remember when we had that discussion about Mikel and it lasted for 10pages or even more, it was predominatly between me and you guys(you and theGoodJoe) and I am not sure we recorded a single insult. Also when I argued Isco with theGoodJoe, 3 straight pages and no single insult and we ended it amicably.

But you saying that we should not call everybody to order is false. This particular episode has an annoyingly familiar feel about it. On that matchday, when the Iheanacho debate started you could see I was including smileys in my comments to show that I was at ease, then theSuperNerd started the insults and some random guys joined him, kudos to people like Kennysville and one other guy who actually engaged me without insults, and ofcourse Icon4s and my main man Mujtahida. I tried to reply theSuperNerd peacefully but he kept up with the insults and when I stopped replying him he started attacking goldfish80 personally, you see just because we like to be gentle does not mean everyone will be, he'd probably go and insult another person and the person will start insulting his mom and he will come around to cry wolf, which is why the calling to order seems a nice idea for me. If someone wants to celebrate two goals against Fleetwood then you are free to, you don't see me calling anybody a fanboy or a plastic fanboy or something, it's your opinion and it remains solely that. But just because I said two goals against Fleetwood isn't exactly a mountain mover(which was supported by goldfish80 and Komekn) people start the attack and it is quite shameful that it has been championed by theSuperNerd.

I do not intend to reply any further issue on this but the internet never forgets, just so that when someone starts saying that we are against him I will dig up this comment and show it to everyone. Thank you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:05am On Jan 19, 2018
Mickael2:

Christ, Mujtahida come and see what I am talking about, a kid who has been praised as a world class player plays badly for games straight and scores two goals(AGAINST FLEETWOOD)and for three days straight he has been praised more than Drogba was praised for winning the champions league, is that the encouragement or celebration of mediocrity?
jeez! You are such a bitter person.

Why is it paining you this much that people are celebrating the little success of a boy you and your cohorts have been bringing down over the last weeks? You have had free reign over this thread, attacking the boy for not playing well, and just because a few people decided to praise him for a good performance, you are crying like a baby whose sweet was snatched.

If you cannot admit that he has improved (and he has, his first touch did not magically improve because he is playing against Fleetwood), then just face your front without rearing this your ugly envious head.

It is difficult to refrain from personal attacks with the likes of you because it is obvious your attacks on Kelechi are more personal than objective.

Stop hating on small boys, hating on people drains you emotionally and physically.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2018
safarigirl:
I never used a harsh tone now. Haba angry

I think it was just because he saw one of your comments recently and he just added your name. But I'm pretty sure everyone knows you didn't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:08am On Jan 19, 2018
Mickael2:

I think it was just because he saw one of your comments recently and he just added your name. But I'm pretty sure everyone knows you didn't
I did now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2018
safarigirl:
jeez! You are such a bitter person.

Why is it paining you this much that people are celebrating the little success of a boy you and your cohorts have been bringing down over the last weeks? You have had free reign over this thread, attacking the boy for not playing well, and just because a few people decided to praise him for a good performance, you are crying like a baby whose sweet was snatched.

If you cannot admit that he has improved (and he has, his first touch did not magically improve because he is playing against Fleetwood), then just face your front without rearing this your ugly envious head.

It is difficult to refrain from personal attacks with the likes of you because it is obvious your attacks on Kelechi are more personal than objective.

Stop hating on small boys, hating on people drains you emotionally and physically.

there is something you need to understand here.

Ok let's use an example, last two seasons Ademola Lookman was unknown, now if he was the one that scored two goals against Fleetwood the drinks would have been on me, because we didn't exactly know what he was capable of. On the other hand, this is someone who has played a whole lot better for Mancity and we know what he can do(if I didnt know what he can do I wouldn't advocate for his inclusion as our first choice striker ahead of Ighalo come the world cup). We have seen him score winners against ManU and similar stuffs, then he stopped and started declining. We all know he is way way better than Fleetwood, probably all their players combined wouldn't be worth more than 10million, on the other hand Iheanacho was the most expensive striker bought by any team currently outside the top 8 or something like that, for someone commanding that fee I am not sure two goals against Fleetwood should really linger for more than an hour in his or anybody's head. If you still don't get my point then we can agree to disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:21am On Jan 19, 2018
Mickael2:

there is something you need to understand here.

Ok let's use an example, last two seasons Ademola Lookman was unknown, now if he was the one that scored two goals against Fleetwood the drinks would have been on me, because we didn't exactly know what he was capable of. On the other hand, this is someone who has played a whole lot better for Mancity and we know what he can do(if I didnt know what he can do I wouldn't advocate for his inclusion as our first choice striker ahead of Ighalo come the world cup). We have seen him score winners against ManU and similar stuffs, then he stopped and started declining. We all know he is way way better than Fleetwood, probably all their players combined wouldn't be worth more than 10million, on the other hand Iheanacho was the most expensive striker bought by any team currently outside the top 8 or something like that, for someone commanding that fee I am not sure two goals against Fleetwood should really linger for more than an hour in his or anybody's head. If you still don't get my point then we can agree to disagree
you are focusing on the goals and the opposition

Kelechi did not do anything out of the ordinary scoring two goals, like many have already mentioned, scoring goals is what he does, so, if you think we are praising his brace, you are wrong.

We are praising an overall general improvement in his play. Has anyone here ever complained that Kelechi does not score? No! That has never been the bone of contention

Our recent complaints have had to do with his FIRST TOUCH, that was what many were most concerned about and that is what majority were looking out for against Fleetwood and people are excited because his first touch improved A LOT.

Watching the highlights of that game, do you know what I kept rewinding to see? His first touch for the first goal he scored, I did not care so much for the goal, but that first touch and every commentator in whichever highlight you played said the same thing "Good first touch" "Great first touch"..... They noticed the first touch.

So, brother, stop harping on the fact that he scored two goals against lowly Fleetwood and their mediocre defenders, for, we are not celebrating the goals as nuch as we are celebrating the first touch.

BTW, I don't know about World Class, but virtually everyone agrees that Kelechi has CLASS

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2018
I guess it doesn't get any harsher than Sir Realpoacher's grin

Dude is not even me but he sounds like me a bit when it comes to tackling the negativity bearers on this thread. No matter how much we try to be peaceful these odorous folks especially Komekn runs around the thread with his mediocre mindset trying to pollute the atmosphere with his lies about our Super Eagles players especially Iheanacho.

And I have always known the championship to be tough. I don't need a Komekn to tell me that. I don't need his analysis to tell me what I have known for years. This is simple psychology. He uses the fact that he can actually make knowledgeable comments about certain matters to chip in his bowel of lies and half truths about our players.
He never sees things holistically when it comes to our players. It is like a disease for him. Even in the face if superior facts and figures, Komekn will still tell you that the people making those stats are missing the main point.

Nacho, most lethal finisher/deadliest striker in terms of goals per mins ratio. He refused to see what those stats meant.

Nacho, slayer of Argentina. He stepped back and never came out to critically admit how wrong he was about Nacho.

I will respect his opinion much more if he can learn to balance his views. If he was on air, believe me, even the producers will question what his agenda is. He repeatedly throws shades at rhe others not standing with his negative views and praised his fellow band wagon as negative propagators as the analysts.

Komekn is not a f**king analyst. He is a bloody agent who just knows how to market and talk a good talk. He uses the fact he can say something right about certain matters to hide and utter his hate and full bias speech against our players. He attacks not only Nacho but also Osimhen and other young Nigerian players that are not borough-bred. He knows no jack about the beautiful game from a holistic view point. He is too limited. So damn limited. When I came back this year... I told myself this...

"TheSupernerd moniker is gonna be like a two edged sword... to some I will be the sun who cracks open the clay ground. To some others still, I will the sun who also shines on the plants and make them grow. I am like the sun... to some, I will heat up, scorch and burn up stuffs, while to others I will nurture and make grow. The sun does both at that same time."

This is a new year. And I know some of these negative talkers were among those happy to see me leave initially when my mother was insulted. None of them condemned the act. In fact, some were bold to speak trash about it and subtly support the act. That speak volumes of the kind of people they are. They don't give a sh*t about humanity and truth. All they care about is passing across their message of hate and smiling when the ones who oppose them are attacked even by their mothers' name.

I won't allow their message linger.

This is why I have no issues anymore with Forgiveness. He can criticise Nacho all he wants but I don't mind much, you know why? It is because, at least, he does his in a manner that explains his own passion. He has been one to suggest the likes of Ebuehi, Aina, Idowu long before now and they are now strong candidates for the world cup party because of what they add to the team.
This is why in Forgiveness, I find a worthy opposition. A worthy antagonist. One who I don't mind rolling with even though we share opposing views sometimes. I gat no problems with his "nacho is not better than these" most times now. So long as he argues along the line of facts and figures.

But Komekn, he goes as far as calling our young players over-aged and criticising their super talents. In the face of facts, he takes off and turn a blind eye. Even condemning the Bundesliga and making it at par with the championship when quality wise the gap is much.

Omo... this new year ehn... this rubbish won't be tolerated. I expect that as grown men as they are, they should know how to balance things and keep to being holistic on matters as sensitive as Iheanacho or any of our golden young players. Shameful how they want a young guy like me to be the one to straighten them out. smh.

Let Komekn learn to be more expansive. Let him go read up. He is too limited to be commenting on Football matters. He is just an agent. He knows nothing outside of his English-coated cerebral cortex. It is sadly the truth.

TheGoodJoe:
Please, safarigirl and TheSuperNerd, no harsh tones again. Not everyone will agree with you but someway, somehow they have their reasons of opposing ideas. Maybe, using the term haters created this negative explosion but I want us to control ourselves from personal attacks. I apologize for this.

Last week, for the first time, I took a critical look at the fixtures of the Championship league and I admitted that komekn was right telling us the league is tough. Maybe due to his total devotion, he feels football competition does not exist outside England. That does not mean we should attack.

For instance, a fixture that caught my attention was the game between Bristol City and Norwich City. Before that match, both teams played top Premiership sides. Bristol City held Manchester City for ninety minutes before Aguero rescued the team and we saw over two legs, Chelsea could not stop Norwich. Chelsea won through penalties. Norwich won Bristol in the end and there were other tough fixtures.

If not komekn, I would not have noticed how tough the Championship league is.

So please my friends, reduce the personal attacks.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2018
Ever the liar and twister.... lol

After Nacho nailed fletletwood, plsss where did I insult you? cheesy

Was it the gaffe you made about Nacho scoring against a 7th tier team or was it the fact you didnt know how to spell Fleetwood two days before that match day... wink

Many people quoted you on your gaffe and came for your head.
All was obviously playfuk banter because I recall also putting up a message soon after telling guys to cool down on you and excuse you for a bit... then I want on to quote how you brought out madam Eseose9 from ghostmode again... cheesy I called it the Mickael2 effect.

Mehn.. is it that humor is lost on you? looollll.... so you were actually bitten by how people came for that gaffe? na wa...

I told them to cool down on you or didn't I? You wanna lie you didnt see that comment?

Well it is no surprise... you have been known to twist things Mickael. You cannot even say the truth to save your own life. lol

Mickael2:

[s]well said.

On theGoodJoe, there is a way that he calls you a hater that will even make you laugh, totally expressing the fact that it was just a playful banter and he gets along with everybody else. I remember when we had that discussion about Mikel and it lasted for 10pages or even more, it was predominatly between me and you guys(you and theGoodJoe) and I am not sure we recorded a single insult. Also when I argued Isco with theGoodJoe, 3 straight pages and no single insult and we ended it amicably.

But you saying that we should not call everybody to order is false. This particular episode has an annoyingly familiar feel about it. On that matchday, when the Iheanacho debate started you could see I was including smileys in my comments to show that I was at ease, then theSuperNerd started the insults and some random guys joined him, kudos to people like Kennysville and one other guy who actually engaged me without insults, and ofcourse Icon4s and my main man Mujtahida. I tried to reply theSuperNerd peacefully but he kept up with the insults and when I stopped replying him he started attacking goldfish80 personally, you see just because we like to be gentle does not mean everyone will be, he'd probably go and insult another person and the person will start insulting his mom and he will come around to cry wolf, which is why the calling to order seems a nice idea for me. If someone wants to celebrate two goals against Fleetwood then you are free to, you don't see me calling anybody a fanboy or a plastic fanboy or something, it's your opinion and it remains solely that. But just because I said two goals against Fleetwood isn't exactly a mountain mover(which was supported by goldfish80 and Komekn) people start the attack and it is quite shameful that it has been championed by theSuperNerd.

I do not intend to reply any further issue on this but the internet never forgets, just so that when someone starts saying that we are against him I will dig up this comment and show it to everyone. Thank you[/s]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2018
safarigirl:

Kelechi did not do anything out of the ordinary scoring two goals, like many have already mentioned, scoring goals is what he does, so, if you think we are praising his brace, you are wrong.

We are praising an overall general improvement in his play. Has anyone here ever complained that Kelechi does not score? No! That has never been the bone of contention

Our recent complaints have had to do with his FIRST TOUCH, that was what many were most concerned about and that is what majority were looking out for against Fleetwood and people are excited because his first touch improved A LOT.

Watching the highlights of that game, do you know what I kept rewinding to see? His first touch for the first goal he scored, I did not care so much for the goal, but that first touch and every commentator in whichever highlight you played said the same thing "Good first touch" "Great first touch"..... They noticed the first touch.

So, brother, stop harping on the fact that he scored two goals against lowly Fleetwood and their mediocre defenders, for, we are not celebrating the goals as nuch as we are celebrating the first touch.

BTW, I don't know about World Class, but virtually everyone agrees that Kelechi has CLASS

you should probably use 'I' and not 'we' because majority of these guys don't even know this part of what you just said.

If this is your view of the entire issue then of course I agree he has improved there. I can remember the game against Egypt his first touch wasn't bad so that means he has it in him. Now at the risk of being called a pessimist let me ask you a question, you know people have on days? Where everything they do they excel. So do you see why I asked for consistency? We already know he used to have a good touch, the ability is inside there just like goldfish80 pointed out that he can strike the ball way since time immemorial. So is it bad for me to call for caution? If he can replicate the same first touch for 3 matchdays I promise to publish Iheanacho's biography and records and try as much as I can to push it to front page.

Like I have been pointing out since, consistency is the key. Ronaldinho(skill for skill) was probably 10times better than Pele but that counts for nothing because he wasn't consistent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2018
kennysville:
Honorable house,
I hereby present a bill and move for its sporadic adoption. This bill seeks to address the bias/ hate for or against Iheanacho Kelechi. This bill seeks to put a stop to every form of heated argument, name calling over this innocent soul.
We are all witnesses to this brouhaha that has seemingly come to epitomize the collective unionity in a frivolous brigandage and militia cum ......(ok that was a lame attempt at trying to be Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon)

My word! If this is goin on in a forum like Nairaland. Jabs here and there, Name calling, ever wondered what could be happening in the senate? The magnitude of it? Remember the àjekún ìyà ni yó je saga? We can deal with issues without having to resort to insults. I am sorry MrSuperNerd. I know you are pissed right now but let us leave personal perceptions of other people out of the discussion. Lets not have a pissing contest in here. You just returned shey? Sofri sofri abeg.

Therr is nothing we can do or say to change any human being and once we realize that, we need to respect people's views, however illogical, radical, methodical or downright stupid they may seem. This is the reality. Some people love black as a color, others love red. Those who love red cant ever u derstand or see reason why any sane minded person will ever love black as a color and ones that love pink believe it is the best. Discussions in here arent military instructions where you have to obey the last word of command. I believe the cliche is "that's an order, soldier" (even if it is to neutralize someone dear to us)

We are all different however inconceivable our opinions may seem. To this end, I enjoin you sir SuperNerd to read through your posts and wherever you feel u went above and beyond on this matter, kindly make amends. You were sorely missed when you went on exile. Lets not have a repeat. Thanks

Kog45 I read your direct response on the above comment. Respect to you.

On the issue of Kelechi Iheanacho's debate, those of us who started this thread know I started that debate.

safarigirl, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, joseph1013, tbaba1234, bascovanveli and a couple of non-regulars were on my opposite side of that debate. I even received a ban for it.

Just like the hate accusation being meted out to the current Iheanacho critics, same was said of me.
My argument was clear: 'the boy was being overhyped' and 'the boy is not yet there'- a once epic comment here grin.
I guess I would have won the award of most controversial and most critic if there were any such awards that period. I know what someone like safarigirl felt towards me then grin. I received plenty of her blows so I know how it feels when she is kicking someone else's' asses here grin.

However, we have moved on. As we said then "time will tell" and time has started telling.

One thing I want those in the pro-Iheanacho camp to understand is none of our analysts here hates Iheanacho !
I say so again because I was once on the opposite side of the fence. I never hated Iheanacho but they thought I did.

We all want the best for all Nigerian players. I understand it is normal for peeps to have favorite players. I mean, what Iheanacho is to some of us here today was what Kanu Nwankwo was to me back then. I never saw anything wrong in anything he played. I am an Arsenal fan today because of Kanu. Same goes for a good number of Arsenal fans of my generation.

And to those critics of Iheanacho, we need to do it with modesty. Even when I was a strong critic of the hype on him when ever he played well I acknowledged it.
I spoke with Cerezo (Eguavoen) a couple of years back in my office. We discussed Iheanacho and he also downplayed his hype. That was the same night Iheanacho scored a brace against Crystal Palace in a mid-week EPL fixture. That was also the game that prompted Oliseh to rescind his decision of leaving Iheanacho out of the Eagles. I came here that night to acknowledge Iheanacho's abilities as a young striker. I didn't say we should wait till he scored against Chelsea or Manunited before acknowledging. And we moved on.

I for one can criticize anybody here. If you know how close Emma Amuneke and I are you would wonder why I would ever criticize him for anything. But when he failed with the U20s I raised my big stick towards him. You wonder how I would criticize him after supporting him all the way to win at the U17? My love for the GWG.
When a player or coach does not do well we should be free to criticize and vice versa but where it is bad is when we pay blind eyes to either the good or bad sides of the entity we are criticizing or defending.

Arguments here no be do or die o. Some times your predictions or expectations can be right and some other times can be wrong.

Arguments are not bad. I mean, that is what keeps this thread going. It is Very important that we need to know when to withdraw from an argument when the heat is approaching boiling point grin
That is one of the safest ways to stay away from insults. wink

One Love everyone. smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2018
I asked if you are one of them. Did i call you one? A simple question... smh

Well, it's okay. Have a good day.

Taliban:

If you call me a hater because I tried to make peace then I am a hater. Thank you sir. God bless us all and May the Eagles continue to make us proud.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2018
safarigirl:

you should probably use 'I' and not 'we' because majority of these guys don't even know this part of what you just said.

If this is your view of the entire issue then of course I agree he has improved there. I can remember the game against Egypt his first touch wasn't bad so that means he has it in him. Now at the risk of being called a pessimist let me ask you a question, you know people have on days? Where everything they do they excel. So do you see why I asked for consistency? We already know he used to have a good touch, the ability is inside there just like goldfish80 pointed out that he can strike the ball way since time immemorial. So is it bad for me to call for caution? If he can replicate the same first touch for 3 matchdays I promise to publish Iheanacho's biography and records and try as much as I can to push it to front page.

consistency is the key. Ronaldinho(skill for skill) was probably 10times better than Pele but that counts for nothing because he wasn't consistent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:55am On Jan 19, 2018
Icon4s:

On the issue of Kelechi Iheanacho's debate, those of us who started this thread know I started that debate.

safarigirl, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, joseph1013, tbaba1234, bascovanveli and a couple of non-regulars were on my opposite side of that debate. I even received a ban for it.

Just like the hate accusation being meted out to the current Iheanacho critics, same was said of me.
My argument was clear: 'the boy was being overhyped' and 'the boy is not yet there'- a once epic comment here grin.
I guess I would have won the award of most controversial and most critic if there were any such awards that period. I know what someone like safarigirl felt towards me then grin. I received plenty of her blows so I know how it feels when she is kicking someone else's' asses here grin.

However, we have moved on. As we said then "time will tell" and time has started telling.

One thing I want those in the pro-Iheanacho camp to understand is none of our analysts here hates Iheanacho !
I say so again because I was once on the opposite side of the fence. I never hated Iheanacho but they thought I did.

We all want the best for all Nigerian players. I understand it is normal for peeps to have favorite players. I mean, what Iheanacho is to some of us here today was what Kanu Nwankwo was to me back then. I never saw anything wrong in anything he played. I am an Arsenal fan today because of Kanu. Same goes for a good number of Arsenal fans of my generation.

And to those critics of Iheanacho, we need to do it with modesty. Even when I was a strong critic of the hype on him when ever he played well I acknowledged it.
I spoke with Cerezo (Eguavoen) a couple of years back in my office. We discussed Iheanacho and he also downplayed his hype. That was the same night Iheanacho scored a brace against Crystal Palace in a mid-week EPL fixture. That was also the game that prompted Oliseh to rescind his decision of leaving Iheanacho out of the Eagles. I came here that night to acknowledge Iheanacho's abilities as a young striker. I didn't say we should wait till he scored against Chelsea or Manunited before acknowledging. And we moved on.

I for one can criticize anybody here. If you know how close Emma Amuneke and I are you would wonder why I would ever criticize him for anything. But when he failed with the U20s I raised my big stick towards him. You wonder how I would criticize him after supporting him all the way to win at the U17? My love for the GWG.
When a player or coach does not do well we should be free to criticize and vice versa but where it is bad is when we pay blind eyes to either the good or bad sides of the entity we are criticizing or defending.

Arguments here no be do or die o. Some times your predictions or expectations can be right and some other times can be wrong.

Arguments are not bad. I mean, that is what keeps this thread going. It is Very important that we need to know when to withdraw from an argument when the heat is approaching boiling point grin

God bless you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2018
Nope. Chief Icon4s.... your case is way different. You still have your conservative views on Nacho but at least, you still come out to say things as they are concerning the young man. You have acknowledged many times how good Nacho have come to prove himself overtime despite having much to still do to improve.

But lots like Mickael2 and Komekn... looolll... they will even bury their heads in wells and let the time of Nacho's finest performance pass so that they can rise up and continue their blind destructive criticism.

None of them said a word of great good after Nacho's heroics against Argentina in Nigeria's last game. They disappeared like ghosts and came up again later when the euphoria surrounding the game had died down. Such shameless acts.

Mickael2 stands for mediocrity sorry to say. He is only coating it. I know he is the kind of person who is just trying to play catch up to those ahead of him in his field. This explains his attraction for Kayode. He wants a Kayode ahead of Nacho who is obviously better in the team. He once exposed himself here on NL when he mentioned why he doesn't rate Nacho and he made reference to Hus medical school experience. He was not the best in his time or among the best... he loathes the fact that someone seen as the best or among the best is being given so much time and patience and love while what he wants is someone else is actually not as good to come take over. He has a problem with his mindset. I can smell it. The psychological side of me cannot be wrong on this. I know Mickael2's kind. I've seen them at medical school and I still see them as I climb up the ladder of my field of focus. It is sad but he has a problem with his mindset as regards excellence. He feels better if he can bring someone down to his level. Not gonna happen.

To komekn... I know who he is and what he is. For the sake of NL's policies, I cannot and will not reveal his true identity. I have read his profile even before I returned. I know what he stands for and how he will never deviate from his stand no matter how wrong they are. He is limited. So very limited. He has subtly attacked Kelechi becos of His age many times even calling into question the ages and true potentials of members of the 2013 class and 2015 class of Nigeria U-17s. He sees nothing good with them but always talk up the borough Nigerians and them the black foreigners.

He has lied in arguments so many times... he had said things that even made TheGoodJoe of all people come out one time and ask if he has an evil agenda or something with the consistent way he keeps deriding our home grown players who go out after the U-17s. To him, success is only when you play for an English side be it in the championship or even league 1.

They are not like you as conservatives on Iheanacho Chief Icon4s.... they don't know how to acknowledge truth. It is a pain for them. It is as if when they do acknowledge truth then they will die.... it is that bad.

Well... Me, I don't have a problem with people expressing opinions. But do it with some conscience. Even Forgiveness gets my vote now if he wants to argue against anything Iheanacho. I don't mind engaging him because I know now how to tow the lines with him. This guy have seen some calls he stood for proven right in the long run for the good of our team. But Mickael2 and Komekn... naahh.. not even one suggestion has helped us. All are so destructive we I even doubt if they truly love the GWG.

One thing you must recognise here is this: Not everyone in church actually came to hear the word or came for God. Not everyone in the mosque came to actually pray or get Allah's blessings.

Same too, that not everyone here on this thread actually wants the progress of the team. Not everyone wants to see our finest, they want to see lees than our best so that they feel good about themselves. It is like a drug to them.

Chief Icon4s, I know I still have a long wat to go in life... but I have seen life well enough so far at my age to understand that what I say is true. Not everyone here is a true fan of the super Eagles and they know themselves. You don't expect anyone here to blatantly come out and say, "Yes it is true, I just don't like Nacho and iwobi and I also dislike Mikel being skipper. I want them out. I am not a true fan" cheesy

It won't happen but there is a tide in ways of discussions on this thread that keep bringing them out. For the sake of peace, we say Everyone here wants the success of the team. lol... for the sake of truth which is sometimes bitter and can cause chain reactions... it is true that not everyone here truly wants rhe success of the team. I rest my case Dad.

P.S: I still don't understand how you got banned. I was shocked when you said you were banned. It is past shaa but I wonder who would have done such a thing. We were just having a bloody argument back then. undecided It is well.

Icon4s:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:24am On Jan 19, 2018
Is Canada colder than Russia or other eastern European countries that they hardly promote football?
tbaba1234:

Canada is really cold so naturally winter sports are very popular. Football does not enjoy that same status in North America.

Maybe they're trying to toll the once old line the Americans tolled by leaving out football for baseball, they ended up making a big U-tune after seeing how left behind they were against the rest of the world.

Apart from the US and maybe Mexico, I don't think any other country in NA can Succulently host the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:30am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Nope. Chief Icon4s.... your case is way different. You still have your conservative views on Nacho but at least, you still come out to say things as they are concerning the young man. You have acknowledged many times how good Nacho have come to prove himself overtime despite having much to still do to improve.

But lots like Mickael2 and Komekn... looolll... they will even bury their heads in wells and let the time of Nacho's finest performance pass so that they can rise up and continue their blind destructive criticism.

None of them said a word of great good after Nacho's heroics against Argentina in Nigeria's last game. They disappeared like ghosts and came up again later when the euphoria surrounding the game had died down. Such shameless acts.

Mickael2 stands for mediocrity sorry to say. He is only coating it. I know he is the kind of person who is just trying to play catch up to those ahead of him in his field. This explains his attraction for Kayode. He wants a Kayode ahead of Nacho who is obviously better in the team. He once exposed himself here on NL when he mentioned why he doesn't rate Nacho and he made reference to Hus medical school experience. He was not the best in his time or among the best... he loathes the fact that someone seen as the best or among the best is being given so much time and patience and love while what he wants is someone else is actually not as good to come take over. He has a problem with his mindset. I can smell it. The psychological side of me cannot be wrong on this. I know Mickael2's kind. I've seen them at medical school and I still see them as I climb up the ladder of my field of focus. It is sad but he has a problem with his mindset as regards excellence. He feels better if he can bring someone down to his level. Not gonna happen.

To komekn... I know who he is and what he is. For the sake of NL's policies, I cannot and will not reveal his true identity. I have read his profile even before I returned. I know what he stands for and how he will never deviate from his stand no matter how wrong they are. He is limited. So very limited. He has subtly attacked Kelechi becos of His age many times even calling into question the ages and true potentials of members of the 2013 class and 2015 class of Nigeria U-17s. He sees nothing good with them but always talk up the borough Nigerians and them the black foreigners.

He has lied in arguments so many times... he had said things that even made TheGoodJoe of all people come out one time and ask if he has an evil agenda or something with the consistent way he keeps deriding our home grown players who go out after the U-17s. To him, success is only when you play for an English side be it in the championship or even league 1.

They are not like you as conservatives on Iheanacho Chief Icon4s.... they don't know how to acknowledge truth. It is a pain for them. It is as if when they do acknowledge truth then they will die.... it is that bad.

Well... Me, I don't have a problem with people expressing opinions. But do it with some conscience. Even Forgiveness gets my vote now if he wants to argue against anything Iheanacho. I don't mind engaging him because I know now how to tow the lines with him. This guy have seen some calls he stood for proven right in the long run for the good of our team. But Mickael2 and Komekn... naahh.. not even one suggestion has helped us. All are so destructive we I even doubt if they truly love the GWG.

One thing you must recognise here is this: Not everyone in church actually came to hear the word or came for God. Not everyone in the mosque came to actually pray or get Allah's blessings.

Same too, that not everyone here on this thread actually wants the progress of the team. Not everyone wants to see our finest, they want to see lees than our best so that they feel good about themselves. It is like a drug to them.

Chief Icon4s, I know I still have a long wat to go in life... but I have seen life well enough so far at my age to understand that what I say is true. Not everyone here is a true fan of the super Eagles and they know themselves. You don't expect anyone here to blatantly come out and say, "Yes it is true, I just don't like Nacho and iwobi and I also dislike Mikel being skipper. I want them out. I am not a true fan" cheesy

It won't happen but there is a tide in ways of discussions on this thread that keep bringing them out. For the sake of peace, we say Everyone here wants the success of the team. lol... for the sake of truth which is sometimes bitter and can cause chain reactions... it is true that not everyone here truly wants rhe success of the team. I rest my case Dad.

P.S: I still don't understand how you got banned. I was shocked when you said you were banned. It is past shaa but I wonder who would have done such a thing. We were just having a bloody argument back then. undecided It is well.

Calm down TheSuperNerd.

I do not appreciate some comments you made here. I chose not to bolden them so as not to rub salt on injuries.
Please and please we should try to stay away from comments targeted at our individual lives. You should know how that hurts.

Arguments here are no do or die.

Please e no reach like that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:32am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

On the bolded, I received a ban for comment made on sports section. I only commented on that thread. Someone obviously reported me to the moderators and I was placed on a one week ban.

The thread enjoyed peace for one week at least. grin
But that was before more Iheanacho critics arrived. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:33am On Jan 19, 2018
All because of a player who might not even know you exist?

Are some people for the super eagles or for their loved players?

Would their love for the SE continue if their loved players aren't in the SE?

Will they comment here as they do all the time if their players (loved ones) aren't in the SE?

Blind fanatism is kinda bad to one's sense of reasoning if not curtained.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:34am On Jan 19, 2018
BTW, some of una comments too long na haba!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2018
I know they hurt. I am not insensitive to how it will make them feel. Fact is I want them to feel their shame. I want them to rethink their state of mind.
Talking about individual lives, is Iheanacho not human? This guy is someone's son, someone's brother, someone's nephew even... I don't know his family or any member of his extended lots but I am a Christian and I have empathy.

The heartless manner in which this boy's name is being dragged here and labelled in all manner of degrading gestures only becos he is one of our golden boys trying to emerge out of a rough patch is only a part reflection of the state of life these guys are in and the psychological emptiness they feel within as regards self-validation. I have a psychological pull and big time hunch Chief Icon4s, so I couldn't help but tackle it deeper from that angle too. It goes deeper than just analysis. Mindsets are involved here.

Why does it hurt some to see one of our finest being shown more of trust, patience and encouragement during a chapter of his that hits a nadir state?

It is not my fault that someone mentioned his medical school experience... I was there and licked up all the little details he spilled. I knew that sooner or later, one of them wikk have to state the source of their disgust with Iheanacho and I can indeed confirm that it is more psychological than football related.

On the other one in borough ville.... lol... his is far worse.

Icon4s:

Calm down TheSuperNerd.

I do not appreciate some comments you made here. I chose not to bolden them so as not to rub salt on injuries.
Please and please we should try to stay away from comments targeted at our individual lives. You should know how that hurts.

Arguments here are no do or die.

Please e no reach like that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:48am On Jan 19, 2018
somehow:
All because of a player who might not even know you exist?

Are some people for the super eagles or for their loved players?

Would their love for the SE continue if their loved players aren't in the SE?

Will they comment here as they do all the time if their players (loved ones) aren't in the SE?

Blind fanatism is kinda bad to one's sense of reasoning if not curtained.

Ur 1st point is what I want to stress on....

I doubt if iheanacho/kayode knows anybody in this thread in person....so I wonder where dis fanatical view for or against iheanacho/kayode is coming from.what do we stand to gain throwing insults at each oda over players dt dont even knw maybe we exist or not

Abeg,if anyone like,talk say iheanacho/kayode is better Dan messi, dts ur opinion, wc u re entitled to it.I can as well say both players dont deserve to b a ballboy at deir respective clubs let alone of being a player in deir club.its my opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by techvsentz(m): 10:51am On Jan 19, 2018
Download The Latest first touch soccer 2018 (fts 18) Apk + Obb mod , With Unlimited Coins To Manage your team easily.

Features:

- Updated Teams
- New Grass
- New Kits
- Unlimited Coins up to 1million +
- Latest Jersey
- Coach Stand Upgraded
- player transfer

Read more about this game from https://tecxploit.com/first-touch-soccer-2018-fts-18/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2018
This Nacho thing is getting boring. It's quite simple - all Mickael2 is saying/trying to imply is while Nacho had a good game and scored 2 great goals, he isn't getting carried away by it as it was against a weak side and doesn't in anyway signify that "Nacho is back" or he has made drastic improvements. He's merely just being cautious.
Personally, I loved his first goal as it was great finish and it's one of the reasons why I want him to improve as a lone striker. He's easily the best finisher we have in SE and honestly, I can't think of a SE striker whose finishing excites me as much as Nacho with that left foot of his.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Gentlemen and ladies of the house.... I know you are not enjoying this but neither am I. It is just that I have this sense of justice to always wanna put things straight without coating things. I know how to be polite but I also know how to be blunt and straight to the point in the face of so much negativity.

This thread was not created for Iheanacho and if he was not existing as a player of the Super Eagles I bet you, this thread will still go on just as strong and will still have a standout player we all will be harping about.
It happened to KANU and Okocha in their time... and it happened to Mikel... many wanted Mikel out. It was always Mikel this or Mikel that but his class shone through and we see his relevance to the team years after and having a sense of appreciation for all his service so far. Hindsight... wink

Now, the same is happening in the case of Iheanacho. Exact same pattern.. smh.

Look ,this is the Super Eagles thread and we are looking at the bigger picture here which is for the good of the team. In fact the best of the team.... not good. I believe Good is an enemy to Great. Good is common but not best or great.

If the likes of Ndidi, Iwobi or even Victor Moses were being derided this way for too long, I will also stand in the gap.

You saw how the arsenal fans came for Iwobi..... you saw how hateful things were being said about him across England. I called it out and I will still speak against such injustice anytime and anywhere. THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT IHEANACHO... THIS GOES SO WAY BEYOND HIM. THIS IS A REFERENCE FOR ALL OUR PLAYERS ESPECIALLY OUR KEY PLAYERS. Lash out at any one of them unjustly or cross the line and you will feel the heat.

Players come and go... we have seen KANU and Okocha come and go..... we saw Yeking... we saw Adepoju the headmaster, and even Finidi and Amuneke... we saw so many come, retire and move on.... but the Super Eagles live on.

This is about the team.... and the truth is there is no team without her pillars and key players. Iheanacho is unfortunately for some among the team's key stars and one of the touch bearers of the new generation of Super Eagles for the post-Mikel era. This is why his matter concerns me because we are only deriding a key component instead nurturing it and supporting it.

Criticise to build and never to tear down.... point out weaknesses but also acknowledge strengths.

Flog them when they mess up but also praise them when they perform.... that is the true way things are done.

I have done all these to Nacho, Iwobi and any other player when the need calls for it. I flog, I criticise and I praise. I keep things balanced... learn to do the same.

In all, The Super Eagles is bigger than just one player. Focus on discussing more of the team and not just one player.

Players come , players go.... Players rise, players fade... some outlast others, some are made for history (eg Sunday MBA)... All are for the team and it is the team we must focus on. That is what this thread was created for after all at its core.

Note: Don't bother liking this post. Please just get the message.

Likes and shares are some of the thread's subtle ways of misunderstanding things one said... someone can say truth and get likes and someone can still say trash and get likes... it tells you we have different kinds and mindsets of people viewing the thread. I get likes on posts and I am like, "Hope they got the message and didnt just click the like button". "Hope they really read through".

Get the message and apply it and all will be well. Thank you. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2018
I always miss the party cos the venue never pleases me!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2018
He has been as cautious since the first day he stepped in here attacking Mikel and calling him irrelevant to the team.

Mickael2 have always never had a good thing to say about Nacho. Never and never... nacho has a bad game, he is cautious... Nacho has a good game, he is still cautious... nacho has a blitzkrieg of a game and he is still f**king cautious... abeg who is deceiving who?
Is he more cautious than Chief Icon4s? Is he as genuinely conservative? very funny indeed.

I recall your comments on Nacho too from all those time man, how you also undervalued his potentials speaking only of his finishing... so it is no surprise seeing you take sides with Mikael's views. Wehdone. wink

edi287:
This Nacho thing is getting boring. It's quite simple - all Mickael2 is saying/trying to imply is while Nacho had a good game and scored 2 great goals, he isn't getting carried away by it as it was against a weak side and doesn't in anyway signify that "Nacho is back" or he has made drastic improvements. He's merely just being cautious.
Personally, I loved his first goal as it was great finish and it's one of the reasons why I want him to improve as a lone striker. He's easily the best finisher we have in SE and honestly, I can't think of a SE striker whose finishing excites me as Nacho with that left foot of his.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2018
Iwobi's form against Chelsea made me know what he's capable of Being the top pivot of the SE.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
He has been as cautious since the first day he stepped in here attacking Mikel and calling him irrelevant to the team.

Mickael2 have always never had a good thing to say about Nacho. Never and never... nacho has a bad game, he is cautious... Nacho has a good game, he is still cautious... nacho has a blitzkrieg of a game and he is still f**king cautious... abeg who is deceiving who?
Is he more cautious than Chief Icon4s? Is he as genuinely conservative? very funny indeed.

I recall your comments on Nacho too from all those time man, how you also undervalued his potentials speaking only of his finishing... so it is no surprise seeing you take sides with Mikael's views. Wehdone. wink

Loool I try to have a balanced view of Nacho. I didn't watch the 2013 U17 tournament, but I was genuinely excited when I heard about Nacho. Watched some of his game at preseason and I noticed 2 things - his final pass and good finishing. I honestly didn't see much to suggest he was going to be a 10 or a messi like "alien kid" like you used to call him.
He's a great striker but I'll never say he's better than Mbappe, Jesus and would get into Arsenal's first 11 like you said then because it's simply not true.
Nacho's main strengths are his final pass and finishing. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:46am On Jan 19, 2018
daveP:
Iwobi's form against Chelsea made me know what he's capable of Being the top pivot of the SE.
If Iwobi doesn't work on his end product, he'll start having problems. Mkhitaryan is coming. People are pushing for Reiss Nelson who is stalling on a new deal as Psg and madrid are rumored to be looking at him.
He needs to be more assertive and take more risks. He's certainly way better than anything he's shown this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportxclusive: 11:49am On Jan 19, 2018
I think it is important we support our players and encourage them for us to attain a reasonable level of success in the forthcoming world cup. most importantly, our NFF need to be in top of their game to make sure all neccessary support are provided. Hopefully, we can achieve more if we come together.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2018
edi287:

If Iwobi doesn't work on his end product, he'll start having problems. Mkhitaryan is coming. People are pushing for Reiss Nelson who is stalling on a new deal as Psg and madrid are rumored to be looking at him.
He needs to be more assertive and take more risks. He's certainly way better than anything he's shown this season.
Mkhi won't and can't displace Iwobi cos they don't play the same position. But agreed, he's a time bomb waiting to explode at Russia if he just shows an iota of what he showed Vs Chelsea in the Carabao Cup. Those were world class Midfielders he was passing thru asif twas mere amateurs. I'll give him that credit. And yes, he can get better too..... But I don't have a problem with him(shrugs), inasmuch as he scores in the GWG without hassle. Let's always remember the Brazilians..... Club under perform, Country dazzling performance. I'm still of the school of thought that club performance doesn't equate to country performance.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
Hmmmm... wait maybe you mistook me then for someone else on Arsenal's first 11. I know TheGoodJoe also said same thing. And I said based on the goals output of Arsenal back then and Nacho's showing for man City, he stands a great chance of making the first 11 with Sanchez moving to the left and Ozil just behind in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 or in a 3-5-2 (this formation was not even in discussion then). I agreed with theGoodJoe because truth is back then, Giroud was misfiring and I supported that thought because if you constantly create chances for nacho he will bury most of them. Sanchez and Ozil behind Nacho sounded really sweet to my ears coz it will all suit Nacho nicely.

And you try to have a balanced view... plsss don't stop. You must keep at it until you get there. You didnt watch UAE 2013? wow... and you still know some things about this lad to some extent... cheesy You dey try. But if you had really watched. you will see little more vital details.

And yes, he is still the alien kid... I believe he has the traits of many great footballers whom I have studied, which is what makes him hard to define really. He can score, he can create. He is not the fastest but he is also not the slowest. He has very good pace but does not run much.... A deeplying hybrid of a forward I can say for now and nothing more.
He is intelligent with the use of the ball and has got great Vision to create openings or plays for teammates. He knows how to bring others into play even out of nothing. His finishing is well... great. Nuff said on that.

But his strengths lie beyond just finishing. His Vision is key. That is what enables him to give a final pass. And his reading of the game is also exceptional , he knows when he needs to run or when he needs to slow down... ofcos you also didn't mention his positioning.

Nacho still has to work on his first touch despite the encouraging show. He needs to keep practicing more freekicks so as to build on what he let the world take notice of received against Argentina and also need to increase his workrate levels. Mbappe's workrate levels and skills are bad ass and he is more physical and faster than Nacho. Mbappe is like the complete teenage athlete. But Nacho is simply more brains than brawn. That is the truth and he should just keep working harder to get better. His situation at Leicester is not encouraging at all.

edi287:

Loool I try to have a balanced view of Nacho. I didn't watch the 2013 U17 tournament, but I was genuinely excited when I heard about Nacho. Watched some of his game at preseason and I noticed 2 things - his final pass and good finishing. I honestly didn't see much to suggest he was going to be a 10 or a messi like "alien kid" like you used to call him.
He's a great striker but I'll never say he's better than Mbappe, Jesus and would get into Arsenal's first 11 like you said then because it's simply not true.
Nacho's main strengths are his final pass and finishing. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), comodo, chrisooblog, Longneck and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 258
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.