Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11663918 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Oga, again, I say dem no dey do MRI for players at the U20 age category. At that age MRI results are mostly not accurate.I

Is it not Nur(15 years old), Nazifi(Former U17 even passed MRI), and the former U17 captain(also passed MRI) that I saw on that list? I don't know most of the other last U17 players by name, some may also be on that list.

All these your allegations of overage are just based on your perception. You don't know 90% of those players.

If you don't want us to pick from the NPFL where do you want us to pick from?

This is just the early phase of camping, foreign based players would be added as the preparations and qualifiers proceed.
Dem no dey do. Agreed. Why? Is there a reason whether scientific or legal as in FIFA policy?I really don't know and would like to be enlightened.

I don't know if the MRI scans are accurate or not but I do know that they have significantly helped us from taking Chrisantuses to the u17

I am only talking about what is possible given the kind of society we live in but from your first response to this second one you have interpreted what I posit as possibilities to be fact.

Granted I don't know even any of those players but I know Nigerians and what we have been doing and what we do and can do.

I don't discuss players ages. I only strayed today. I cannot debate where for instance somebody says Nigeria is corrupt. It's not perception. I might not have evidence but many, the overwhelming majority of our players are age cheats cos if they are not we won't always gripe about players ages.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Dem no dey do. Agreed. Why? Is there a reason whether scientific or legal as in FIFA policy?I really don't know and would like to be enlightened.

I don't know if the MRI scans are accurate or not but I do know that they have significantly helped us from taking Chrisantuses to the u17

I am only talking about what is possible given the kind of society we live in but from your first response to this second one you have interpreted what I posit as possibilities to be fact.

It's okay. I don't discuss players ages. I only strayed today. I cannot debate where for instance somebody says Nigeria is corrupt. It's not perception. I might not have evidence but many, the overwhelming majority of our players are age cheats.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a radiological technique to project images of the bones(anatomy). There are certain fusion of bones not expected for boys that are 17 years old or less. Which is why it is used for U17. At ages above 17 such bone fusions would have taken plays in most boys. This is why the MRI cannot be applied at the U20 level.

Please this age cheating allegations without even knowing the boys is a distraction. Let the NFF and the coaches sort out the players' documentations and start preparations and playing series of friendlies.

Niger will not be a push over as they took part in the last U17 WC.

Any player that is found to have controversies with his age should be dropped. And we move on please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a radiological technique to project images of the bones(anatomy). There are certain fusion of bones not expected for boys that are 17 years old or less. Which is why it is used for U17. At ages above 17 such bone fusions would have taken plays in most boys. This is why the MRI cannot be applied at the U20 level.

Please this age cheating allegations without even knowing the boys is a distraction. Let the NFF and the coaches sort out the players' documentations and start preparations and playing series of friendlies.

Niger will not be a push over as they took part in the last U17 WC.

Any player that is found to have controversies with his age should be dropped. And we move on please.

Aight. Thanks for the info. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mujtahida:
Aight. Thanks for the info. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
UWC.
We can only wish the team well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
Likewise those stand out players u mentioned that was farmed from the Scottish league.

komekn:

I had not even heard of him until he was highlighted here.

But I noticed he gets a lot of accolades in the Eredivisie and in the context of the Eredivisie he is a stand out player.

The term Outstanding is ambiguous because it has to be in context. Is he Ebuehi among the top10 or even top 50 RB in the world

When you play well in your league no matter how low the league is you get noticed. So far Benfica have noticed him unfortunately not one La Liga, Bundesliga, EPL, club has noticed him. Hopefully he will have a storming World cup and get noticed even more.

The Eredivisie has the highest number of goals scored among the top 20 leagues in Europe. That's a sign of a less competitive league not a strongly competitive one.

The Eredivisie is ranked below the Turkish, Swiss, Austrian leagues. So we can clearly see he is outstanding in League but we measure that outstanding in comparison to other much higher leagues and it's not so clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Victor Moses was so terrible for Chelsea today, I felt like crying. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Icon4s:

UWC.

We can only wish the team well.

I do wish them well.
We should shift our focus from winning at u17 and u20 levels to unearthing talents. Look at the Manu u17 set. See how a good number of them are in the SE. Not that we should not win ooo but let that be secondary. We can concentrate on winning for the u23 and SE. U20 and u17 should be used to freshen the dream team and SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
Shukusheka:
Victor Moses was so terrible for Chelsea today, I felt like crying. cry cry
My God if I didn't watch the match that's how this guys comment would make me feel Moses was trash.
Moses had a solid game, was one of Chelsea best players in the game.
When Alonso misplace passes nobody will talk, the very few mistakes Moses had which is normal for footballers, they will come and say crap like Moses had a bad game. The fact that he was subbed early does not mean he had a bad game.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
Loogan:

My God if I didn't watch the match that's how this guys comment would make me feel Moses was trash.
When Alonso misplace passes nobody will talk, the very few mistakes Moses had which is normal for footballers, they will come and say crap like Moses was trash! The fact that he was subbed early does not mean he had a bad game, the way we bring our players down is shocking .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
Loogan:

When Alonso misplace passes nobody will talk, the very few mistakes Moses had which is normal for footballers, they will come and say crap like Moses had a bad game. The fact that he was subbed early does not mean he had a bad game.
Lol, obviously you only watch football you probably do not understand the game. Moses time after time found himself in good positions but his decision making and his delivery were very abysmal. For a former winger he should be in double figures of assist by now with the space he gets game after game.

Moses is currently even trending on Twitter, everyone is talking about his poor performance today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Shukusheka:
Lol, obviously you only watch football you probably do not understand the game. Moses time after time found himself in good positions but his decision makingand his delivery were very abysmal. For a former winger he should be in double figures of assist by now with space he gets game after game.
Moses is currently even trending on Twitter, everyone is talking about his poor performance today.
players can have bad days .. Victor Moses is not a robot he is human and bound to make errors

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
samtol4:
players can have bad days .. Victor Moses is not a robot he is human and bound to make errors
Well he makes them too often. He is not a bad player, he is pretty decent but bro dammit for someone who plays from the wings, Moses is terrible at crosses.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mujtahida:
Please is there a FIFA law that prohibits a country FA from carrying out MRI test on its own u20? Or I presume it's all about biology whereby at that age MRI cannot be effective.

Cc
Tbaba1234 and komekn

MRI is not effective for older than 17.. By 20, the wrist bones have fused.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

MRI is not effective for older than 17.. By 20, the wrist bones have fused.
Okay I see. It would have been wonderful to apply a scientific screening method to this age issue. At least at the U17 level we can see vast improvement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
Let them come with the documents they submitted when they first started professional football.

You will see most submitting new passports and affidavits.
Mujtahida:

Okay I see. It would have been wonderful to apply a scientific screening method to this age issue. At least at the U17 level we can see vast improvement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
Please who else noticed aguero's goal against arsenal in today's final.

Ezenwa should watch and beware what rushing out without thinking can result in; especially against a world class player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
I saw the chipping.

Aguero, Messi and even Dybala are very good at chipping.

With a short Ezenwa at goal, if he goes with his rushing out attitude to the worldcup, na 4:0 e go Chop.
darkelf:
Please who else noticed aguero's goal against arsenal in today's final.

Ezenwa should watch and beware what rushing out without thinking can result in; especially against a world class player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Guess who is working with Uzoho in Spain to get him to WC level... Super eagles goalkeeping coach, Enrico Pionetti

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

I do wish them well.
We should shift our focus from winning at u17 and u20 levels to unearthing talents. Look at the Manu u17 set. See how a good number of them are in the SE. Not that we should not win ooo but let that be secondary. We can concentrate on winning for the u23 and SE. U20 and u17 should be used to freshen the dream team and SE.

That has always been the focus-to unearth talent.

But a team need to do creditably well first before you will notice any talents among them. Look at the last Manu's U17 that crashed to the same Niger we are facing in the U20 qualifiers. How many talented players did we discover from there?Why? because they crashed out too early.

No youth player should be denied the privilege of playing for the U20 team because of perceived age-cheating allegations. If any player is found guilty of age falsification, with valid evidences, that player should be dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
maidaboi:
what about moses simon first 45 matches stat in belgium?

Do u have it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
thank God iwobi is not part of this team that is collecting anal from city cheesy

where 're those Twitter warriors
who art thy new troll

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Loogan:

Oga, moses was the worst player on the pitch after morata, defensively he was fantastic but going foward he was so blunt, i wonder if this is what he his going to play at world cup, am beginning to think that position has really affected his mentality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
tbaba1234:
Guess who is working with Uzoho in Spain to get him to WC level... Super eagles goalkeeping coach, Enrico Pionetti

Some people won't like this grin

Omo c height, Rohr knows his first choice and he is already working round the clock to give him the needed fortifications before the Mundial proper. Soar on my first choice

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
sontoly:

Oga, moses was the worst player on the pitch after morata, defensively he was fantastic but going foward he was so blunt, i wonder if this is what he his going to play at world cup, am beginning to think that position has really affected his mentality.

Moses is a different player for Nigeria. He plays with more freedom.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
Shukusheka:
Lol, obviously you only watch football you probably do not understand the game. Moses time after time found himself in good positions but his decision making and his delivery were very abysmal. For a former winger he should be in double figures of assist by now with the space he gets game after game.

What will you say of Hazard and Morata? William was the only Chelsea forward in the game. You people are always quick to criticise your own when they have a not so good game but turn blind eye to others who had a bad game also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

Another one

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
Icon4s:

That has always been the focus-to unearth talent.

But a team need to do creditably well first before you will notice any talents among them. Look at the last Manu's U17 that crashed to the same Niger we are facing in the U20 qualifiers. How many talent did we discover from their?Why? because they crashed out too early.

No youth player should be denied the privilege of playing for the U20 team because of perceived age-cheating allegations. If any player is found guilty of age falsification, with valid evidences, that player should be dropped.
It's true sha. Only quality wins. If they don't win their quality would be doubted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
Arsenal is shyte mehn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
Dennis and awoniyi with goal today in the belgium league

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Some people won't like this grin

Omo c height, Rohr knows his first choice and he is already working round the clock to give him the needed fortifications before the Mundial proper. Soar on my first choice

Believe me, if Uzoho puts up a good showing in the March friendlies, he is very much likely going to be the first choice at d WC... all these talks of him being a rookie or playing in a low league won't matter to Rohr...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
somehow:
Let them come with the documents they submitted when they first started professional football.

You will see most submitting new passports and affidavits.
They are very smart. If you go like this, they will go like that. But the days are numbered for such guys. Even through Facebook they can be pegged. Imagine if a player opened his Facebook account in 2009 but is claiming 20 years. So that means he opened his account when he was 10. In the future we go catch them easily.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
A Nigerian (& English) right back Mandela Egbo made his Bundesliga debut today for Borussia Monchengladbach

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.