Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11663165 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zopaks: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree. The ten cut my eyes immediately as Onyekuru. That guy at the back roll will never catch my eyes as Onyekuru.

You guys can go to instagram and confirm from onyekweru ... The two guys kinda look like onyekweru though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:15am On Feb 26, 2018
somehow:
You will win if you are better.

Unfortunately, most aren't better than their host and the mentality of already losing before arriving at the venue is another problem + the insecurity concerning the officials in some venues.
Including the hours spent on bad roads while going to play away games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
Loogan:

Dude sorry to disappoint you but I don't think you really understand football. This same Moses gave morata an assist with a wonderful cross against newscastle, your complaining he dosent go forward a lot, it's seems you fail to notice Chelsea defenders overlap to the wings and push up further, when they are caught on the counter Azpi, kante and Moses are tasked with recovering the ball because of thier pace, Moses is the faster, stronger and more defensive of the wing backs, it's only logical for the slower wing back to push a lot of the attacks because he push further with knowledge he is being protected! Haven't you ever wondered why Moses who is a natural attacker converted to a wing back is always sitting deeper than a trained left back.
To you he had a bad game because he didn't do enough in the final third, I was frustrated to but that dosent rule his overall game as BAD, if you know the role of a wing back you will know Moses did his job very well, his coach values him, he must be doing something right and I'm damn sure Conte is a better coach than you.
It's guys like you that appreciate hazard for all the dribbling and flair but desist guys like matic who has an unflashy style of play, bro that's not how coaches think.

Actually it is the quicker wingback who is tasked with joining the attack. For example you have Alba who is faster than Roberto, Roberto attacks timidly but Alba has the freedom. You also have Marcelo and Carvajal, Marcelo has more pace and is allowed to attack more. I used Madrid and Barca because both teams run a 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 formation when on the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Dem no dey do. Agreed. Why? Is there a reason whether scientific or legal as in FIFA policy?I really don't know and would like to be enlightened.

I don't know if the MRI scans are accurate or not but I do know that they have significantly helped us from taking Chrisantuses to the u17

I am only talking about what is possible given the kind of society we live in but from your first response to this second one you have interpreted what I posit as possibilities to be fact.

Granted I don't know even any of those players but I know Nigerians and what we have been doing and what we do and can do.

I don't discuss players ages. I only strayed today. I cannot debate where for instance somebody says Nigeria is corrupt. It's not perception. I might not have evidence but many, the overwhelming majority of our players are age cheats cos if they are not we won't always gripe about players ages.

Oga, Chrisantus is 27, EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
Kai Oga forgiveness we already end it,so no need for him to ride on.

Sir you seems busy nowadays,how ya end.

Hahahahahah! I just saw it.

Yeah bros, too busy thsw days and I think there's no need to argue on who stands btw the stick and who goes to the world Cup because it seems I am making up my mind to support whosoever gets the nod, provided there's fair play devoid of mago mago. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mickael2:

Oga, Chrisantus is 27, EOD
I agree without hesitation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2018

Golden Eaglets To Hold Domestic & Foreign Training Camp, Screening Starts March 4

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the newly appointed coach of Nigeria's U17 National Team Manu Garba has submitted his program to the Nigeria Football Federation ahead of the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations qualifiers.
If the training schedule is approved by the Nigerian Federation, Manu Garba will begin monitoring the Golden Eaglets invitees on Sunday, March 4.

The former Gombe United helmsman has already drawn up a list of invitees, the bulk of invited players are the youngsters that he has scouted in the last few months and the Nigeria schoolboys (U15s) that traveled to Morocco for friendlies last August.
This means there will be no 'controversial open screening sessions' for now as Garba wants to form a standing team first before inviting new players in future.

Just like it is done in some French speaking African countries, Manu Garba and his lieutenants will hold a get-together in Europe for foreign-based players of Nigerian descent and the outstanding players will be drafted into the team.
Meanwhile, the Flying Eagles will face either Sierra Leone or Guinea-Bissau in the second round of the 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The first leg will be played on 11-13 May, while the second leg will take place 18-20 May 2018.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

source: ANS

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Good cos even those who passed MRI.......Mujtahida no need to go into age issues as oga kokmne always saying let's respect their ages just to protect Nigeria's image even if it was falsified.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Again, I will agree. But saying it and proving it are two different things. As midfielder, Joel Obi is not in the mold of Yaya Toure or Michael Essien, in their primes. He tends to keep his game simple. Hence, I can understand if Rohr decides to overlook him because he'd feel that he isn't losing anything by not inviting him. It's similar to the same problem Obi Mikel had at Chelsea. It takes a technically astute coach, like Guus Hiddink, to really figure out the difference such players make in a team.

O pari

komekn:

From what I can see comparing thier pedigree past, present and as well as consistency. Joel leaves them eating dust, Joel Haa continously played in Seria A apart from Injury has been very consistent.

None of Agu or Ogu players have reached the heights Joel has reached. They are all playing in the backwaters of Europe Turkey and Isreal. Furthermore, they are not the most outstanding players in thier respective leagues.

Joel for me first choice it's a no contest but this is the NFF and nothing will suprise me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Wow. This Gernot Rohr is amazing. The most visionary and most committed foreign coach we've had in Nigeria since the Dutchgerian, Clemence Westerhof. He deserves a lifetime contract!

O pari

tbaba1234:
Guess who is working with Uzoho in Spain to get him to WC level... Super eagles goalkeeping coach, Enrico Pionetti

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
KPOM!

Oasis007, I will make you a prominent member of my fan club once we can get you off of Daniel Akpeyi's bandwagon. Bros, Daniel Akpeyi is NOT a good goalkeeper. Short and simple! He's a horrible keeper who's a nervous wreck in goal and flaps his crosses at elementary school level.

Again, I stand ready to welcome you into my crew once we can see eye to eye on the above F-A-C-T-S.

O pari

Oasis007:

grin

.......... but before Oliseh signed for Juventus he was a Regular at Ajax where he won the Eredivisie and KNVB Cup Twice. He spent just two Seasons with Ajax, won 3 Titles and had 54 Caps, 8 Goals as a DM - fantastic Stats I say. Let me also remind you he was a Regular at FC Cologne - 54 Caps, 4 Goals as a DM. Guess you know he joined Ajax after his outstanding and consistent Performance with FC Cologne in two Seasons consecutively?!

Did he flop at Juventus? No..... rather he had already established Players in the Team like Zinedine Zidane, Antonio Conte, Simone Perotta, Edgar David, Enzo Maresca to contend - for a Spot in the starting XI, I guess you and I know his Competitions ain't Rookies or average Players. He spent just a Season and leave for Dortmund because he didn't get enough Chances to prove himself not FLOP!

He played 22 Times in his first Season (2000 - 2001) at Dortmund, bar Injury and Suspension he was a guaranteed Starter - that wasn't FLOP. In 2001/2002 Season that Dortmund won the Bundesliga and a Runner up in UEFA Cup, he had 18 Caps while fiercely competing with an emerging Talent - Tomas Rosicky.

He lost his starting Berth to Tomas Rosicky in 2002/03, thus he sought for a Loan to Bochum in January of 2002/03 Season where he played 12 Times (Regular for the Team). He was still with Club for the following Season, 2003 - 2004 with a regular Spot in the starting XI and played 22 Times.

He returned to Dortmund, had 11 Caps before he was sacked in March 2004 for head butting teammate Vahid Hashemian while on loan at VfL Bochum allegedly over racial remarks. He wasn't released by the Club because he FLOPPED but for a disciplinary Reason.

In a nutshell, Oliseh Stats ain't average but controversial. The present Eagles are on the right Track, but they ain't on par or better than Eagles of 90s. We do not need to argue this, coz it's basically my personal Submission based on Stats and Figures.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
I grant you that, but it beats me why his detractors tend to pick on that particular mistake without also mentioning that he did save our brushes in that game, including saving a point blank shot from Abubokar. Let's just keep it fair and balanced, folks!

Having said that, Ezenwa lost my vote by his performance in the return leg game against Algeria. He was piss poor in that game.

O pari

MetalJigsaw:
True talk. Ezenwa really messed up in that game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
And I will agree with the highlighted as well. The problem with an average Nigerian player is that they often refuse to leave football when the ovation is loudest. But you can't cheat old age ... if you refuse to leave football when time calls, football would eventually leave you. Kanu Nwankwo fell into the same mistake as well. And by the way, somebody informed me a few days ago that YAK is still playing pro football somewhere grin

O pari

Kog45:
My point is simple and i based it on being a flop at Juventus and Dortmund but am seeing you trying to tell me he wasn't a flop at Juve and Dortmund which i disagreed.

I followed Oliseh's career to the letter even before he made his debut against Ethopia and ended Friday Ekpo,s career with national team.

Sir am not saying Oliseh was not solid as a player,he was exceptional talented player from Leige to Regianna and Ajax but what do we called a player that find it difficult to break into a team and had 8 appearance mostly as substitute and released after a season?it's called FLOP.

At Dortmund,i think have analysed it in a very simple way,53 appearance in five season should tell you something and even loan to Bochum for playing time,what do you call such player?FLOP.

Sunday Oliseh had a good and solid career from 92 to 2000 but from 2000,it wasn't the same Oliseh again,so calling him a FLOP at Juventus and Dortmund does not belittle him as a good player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:
Wow. This Gernot Rohr is amazing. The most visionary and most committed foreign coach we've had in Nigeria since the Dutchgerian, Clemence Westerhof. He deserves a lifetime contract!

O pari

And some folks on here are dreaming of Ayenugba.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Humility017:

Golden Eaglets To Hold Domestic & Foreign Training Camp, Screening Starts March 4

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the newly appointed coach of Nigeria's U17 National Team Manu Garba has submitted his program to the Nigeria Football Federation ahead of the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations qualifiers.
If the training schedule is approved by the Nigerian Federation, Manu Garba will begin monitoring the Golden Eaglets invitees on Sunday, March 4.

The former Gombe United helmsman has already drawn up a list of invitees, the bulk of invited players are the youngsters that he has scouted in the last few months and the Nigeria schoolboys (U15s) that traveled to Morocco for friendlies last August.
This means there will be no 'controversial open screening sessions' for now as Garba wants to form a standing team first before inviting new players in future.

Just like it is done in some French speaking African countries, Manu Garba and his lieutenants will hold a get-together in Europe for foreign-based players of Nigerian descent and the outstanding players will be drafted into the team.
Meanwhile, the Flying Eagles will face either Sierra Leone or Guinea-Bissau in the second round of the 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The first leg will be played on 11-13 May, while the second leg will take place 18-20 May 2018.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Direct it here ooooo........

https://www.nairaland.com/4351630/golden-eaglets-nigeria-thread-2019

Samw way Super Falcons issues should be directed here too ooooo....

https://www.nairaland.com/3400356/nigeria-female-national-teams-thread/20#65342376

Make una take una time ooo... No be only Super Eagles we go give attention to biko. angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Haha!!! Something tells me that Uzohor would be our starting goalkeeper in Russia.

As per Dele Ayenugba, he can always start on the fantasy team for those folks ... he aint starting for my dear Super Eagles.

O pari

Truidstar:

And some folks on here are dreaming of Ayenugba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Bolton Wanderers Trialist Chinedu Obasi Omitted From Squad To Face Crewe

Chinedu Obasi has been omitted from the Bolton Wanderers squad for their Professional Development League match against Crewe Alexandra on Monday afternoon, contrary to speculations that the striker was set to play his second trial game.
A copy of the teamsheet sighted by allnigeriasoccer.com confirms that Obasi is not in the 18, while Crewe's young Nigerian defender Rio Adebisi is on the bench.
The Nigeria international came off the bench to net the winner for Bolton Wanderers as they claimed a 1-0 win over Burnley last Wednesday.

The winter transfer market closed for business on January 31 but Obasi can still join a new club in the United Kingdom as he was a free agent at the end of last month.

As previously reported by this website, the attacker is in the possession of a German passport and will therefore escape the strict work permit requirements to play in England.
Obasi previously wore the jerseys of Lyn Oslo, Schalke 04, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Shenzhen and AIK.

He trained with Sunderland in October 2015 .

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26743

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 108 days to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!!! Something tells me that Uzohor would be our starting goalkeeper in Russia.

As per Dele Ayenugba, he can always start on the fantasy team for those folks ... he aint starting for my dear Super Eagles.

O pari

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Humility017:

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Why tag the open screening sessions that has been successful in unearthing rare gems for the country controversial? Also, I hope Manu Garba still carries out open sessions later. I believe in that system.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kelechi Iheanacho's Target Is To Play In The World Cup Final On July 15

Super Eagles and Leicester City of England forward, Kelechi Iheanacho is fired up and looking forward to the 2018 world cup in Russia with great expectations.

Kelechi's image rights manager, Kingsley Ogbodo made the declaration from Cyprus where he had gone to attend an international scouting seminar put together by Wyscout, a world renowned football platform that offers scouting, match analysis, networking, training and player transfers.

"Kelechi is eagerly waiting for the world cup so he can prove himself once again,'' Kingsley Ogbodo said.
"Every time we chat about Russia 2018, you could see the eagerness in him."
"He says he can't wait for the Super Eagles to shock the world in Russia."
"Right now people think we are underdogs, but Kelechi's target is to play in the World Cup final.''

Kingley whose pet project Cityzens Football Academy recently won the FCT preseason tournament in Abuja, Nigeria, says he is not surprised by the progress made by the academy.

"I'm not surprised that they are FCT preseason champions, because we had an extensive scouting programme to bring the best players on board."

"My desire for the players is for them to continue to develop, get clubs in our local leagues and abroad, if we manage to get them
offers, '' he added.

Cityzens football academy, beat Nigeria National League team, NAF Rockets 2-1 in the final of the 2018 FCT preseason tournament which was concluded in Abuja on February 23, 2018.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26738

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 108 days 7mins to go

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
Good cos even those who passed MRI.......Mujtahida no need to go into age issues as oga kokmne always saying let's respect their ages just to protect Nigeria's image even if it was falsified.
If you notice you'd discover that I don't discuss player's ages. Yesterday was kinda my first time. One cannot discuss the issue because it's murky and our information is all hearsay. None of us can actually prove that a particular player is overaged, so its better to do siddon look.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
Victor Moses Becoming One Of Chelsea's Top Tacklers, Passing Accuracy Is Another Matter

For the second straight game, Victor Moses was ranked as one of Chelsea's top tacklers in their 2-1 loss to Manchester United in the English Premier League on Sunday, February 25.
Against Barcelona, the Nigeria international was Chelsea's top man in tackling with five successful tackles, two more than the next player Cesc Fàbregas, and he proved his performance against the Spanish side was no fluke by winning the second most tackles at Old Trafford.
Moses completed three tackles to place second behind defensive midfielder N'Golo Kanté, who had four.

The right wing-back is far behind the Premier League's finest in tackling Wilfred Ndidi, the number 15 has racked up 27 tackles in 20 matches, the sixth best Chelsea player out of the 21 players handed game time in the top-flight by manager Antonio Conte.

Prior to Moses's conversion to a right wing-back, he finished the 2015-16 campaign with 13 tackles while wearing the jersey of West Ham.

However, the 27-year-old has to improve his passing, he had a passing accuracy of 64.5 percent against Manchester United, the worst completion rate of the 27 players that were in action at Old Trafford.
Excluding the two goalkeepers, the Nigeria Player of the Year was the worst passer in the Champions League meeting between Chelsea and Barcelona last week, having completed only 52.4 percent of his passes.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com.

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26739

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 108 days 1 min to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Uzoho Denied 11th Clean Sheet As Valladolid Beat Real Deportivo Fabril
By Johnny Edward

Nigeria goalkeeper Francis Uzoho conceded twice while in action for Real Deportivo Fabril who lost 2-1 to Real Valladolid II in Sunday’s Segunda Division B league game, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Goals from Mario Robles and Luis Javier Suárez denied the Nigerian international his 11 th clean sheet of the season in the Spanish third tier.
The 19-year-old who will be named in Nigeria’s squad for next month’s friendlies against Poland and Serbia has now conceded nine goals this season in 15 league games for Real Deportivo Fabril.
Despite losing their 13 th game this season, Real Deportivo Fabril are still third in the table with 47 points from 27 games.
Real Deportivo Fabril will face 14th-placed Coruxo F.C in their next game.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/uzoho-denied-11th-clean-sheet-valladolid-beat-real-deportivo-fabril/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 107 days 23 hours 53 mins to go

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
Humility017:

that's not a reason to shed the recent released under 20 list by the grade team coaches...

how possible is it for a player who has featured over 2 years in the league to still be 18 years of age?

sometimes we should always tell ourselves the truth....

Are you saying you don't know there are a lot of 15 -17 years olds currently playing in the NPFL?

Two notable clubs: MFM and Kano Pillars.

I am also sure you know the 15 years old Nur of Elkanemi.

2 years from now, will those boys still not qualify for to play the U20?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
Humility017:

what if I know more than 90%....?
You don't!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

If you notice you'd discover that I don't discuss player's ages. Yesterday was kinda my first time. One cannot discuss the issue because it's murky and our information is all hearsay. None of us can actually prove that a particular player is overaged, so its better to do siddon look.

You just nailed it.

I hate it when people accuse players of overage when they don't have any concrete evidence.

Bring up a valid evidence and not hearsay and let's drop the player simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Moses Becoming One Of Chelsea's Top Tacklers, Passing Accuracy Is Another Matter

For the second straight game, Victor Moses was ranked as one of Chelsea's top tacklers in their 2-1 loss to Manchester United in the English Premier League on Sunday, February 25.
Against Barcelona, the Nigeria international was Chelsea's top man in tackling with five successful tackles, two more than the next player Cesc Fàbregas, and he proved his performance against the Spanish side was no fluke by winning the second most tackles at Old Trafford.
Moses completed three tackles to place second behind defensive midfielder N'Golo Kanté, who had four.

The right wing-back is far behind the Premier League's finest in tackling Wilfred Ndidi, the number 15 has racked up 27 tackles in 20 matches, the sixth best Chelsea player out of the 21 players handed game time in the top-flight by manager Antonio Conte.

Prior to Moses's conversion to a right wing-back, he finished the 2015-16 campaign with 13 tackles while wearing the jersey of West Ham.

However, the 27-year-old has to improve his passing, he had a passing accuracy of 64.5 percent against Manchester United, the worst completion rate of the 27 players that were in action at Old Trafford.
Excluding the two goalkeepers, the Nigeria Player of the Year was the worst passer in the Champions League meeting between Chelsea and Barcelona last week, having completed only 52.4 percent of his passes.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com.

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26739

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 108 days 1 min to go

I said this to someone recently, Moses is becoming more of a full back than winger. It is great for Chelsea but I'm not so sure about the Super Eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Uzoho Denied 11th Clean Sheet As Valladolid Beat Real Deportivo Fabril
By Johnny Edward

Nigeria goalkeeper Francis Uzoho conceded twice while in action for Real Deportivo Fabril who lost 2-1 to Real Valladolid II in Sunday’s Segunda Division B league game, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Goals from Mario Robles and Luis Javier Suárez denied the Nigerian international his 11 th clean sheet of the season in the Spanish third tier.
The 19-year-old who will be named in Nigeria’s squad for next month’s friendlies against Poland and Serbia has now conceded nine goals this season in 15 league games for Real Deportivo Fabril.
Despite losing their 13 th game this season, Real Deportivo Fabril are still third in the table with 47 points from 27 games.
Real Deportivo Fabril will face 14th-placed Coruxo F.C in their next game.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/uzoho-denied-11th-clean-sheet-valladolid-beat-real-deportivo-fabril/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 107 days 23 hours 53 mins to go

Does anybody have the video highlights of the game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:
KPOM!

Oasis007, I will make you a prominent member of my fan club once we can get you off of Daniel Akpeyi's bandwagon. Bros, Daniel Akpeyi is NOT a good goalkeeper. Short and simple! He's a horrible keeper who's a nervous wreck in goal and flaps his crosses at elementary school level.

Again, I stand ready to welcome you into my crew once we can see eye to eye on the above F-A-C-T-S.

O pari

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:
I wanted to sue you on his behalf but..... Go and sin no more grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Are you saying you don't know there are a lot of 15 -17 years olds currently playing in the NPFL?

Two notable clubs: MFM and Kano Pillars.

I am also sure you know the 15 years old Nur of Elkanemi.

2 years from now, will those boys still not qualify for to play the U20?
Oga icon4s i think some people see it as a sin to be in NPFL for so long even if the player is damn good.

Pls check out Sunday Rotimi,do we say Akpeyi,Ezenwa and Ajiboye are better than him?NO but if Rohr call him,the first question that would be on people's lips is age forgetting that he is a solid keeper with experience of NPFL and European football.

I think we need more update on truly young players in NPFL league so that even if they spent 4 years in the league nobody would cry foul when they are call to national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Why tag the open screening sessions that has been successful in unearthing rare gems for the country controversial? Also, I hope Manu Garba still carries out open sessions later. I believe in that system.

I think, this way we avoid losing too many players close to playing a game.

With open screening, you increase the number of overage that get in. And they are more likely to fail MRI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.