Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,404 members, 7,850,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11864055 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) (3292) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2018
Omeruo was the best rated of all the 5 Nigerians on the pitch in the Buraspor Vs Kasimpassa game last night.
The Ekong/ Awaziem forced partnership must stop if Rohr knows what he's doing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2018
goldfish80:

I think you should define what you mean by calling someone a "nobody" because the William you mentioned was well known in Europe while at Shaktar Donesk.
William, Douglas costa and Fernandinho were part of the Shaktar team that dominated the Europa cup and caused lots of upsets in the champions league, William was not an unknown when Chelsea got him.

Salah was an upcoming 21-year-old who was earning good reviews around Europe. He was a highly sort after by various clubs at the time thats why he cost Chelsea 12 million.

Moses have worked with many top class coaches in his career including Rogers, Mourinho, Martinez and Conte. If it will take only Simione, Guardiola and Klopp to get the best from him, then maybe he is not that good after all.

I mean they were no World class players and were not in the top 20 best players in the world as at the time they came to Chelsea. That is my point.

Is it not the same Mourinho that sent Salah, Kevin Bruyne, Lukaku and other talents packing from Chelsea after they flopped under him?

Victor Moses was injured under Rodgers but seriously, is Rodgers a top class coach? I am just asking.

Do you know it was under Martinez, Victor Moses was rated the best dribbler in Europe and it was under him he was bought by Chelsea? Even Martinez told the world Victor Moses was very good and needed to develop before he moved to Chelsea.

Is it not under Conte Victor Moses was nominated for Apoty and BBC player of the year?

Simione, Guardiola and Klopp will improve Victor Moses and could make him more better than Salah.

In my own personal opinion Victor Moses is more talented than Salah but Salah is more refined and matured. That's all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2018
goldfish80:
Omeruo was the best rated of all the 5 Nigerians on the pitch in the Buraspor Vs Kasimpassa game last night.

Awaziem is Over-rated in my opinion.

This was a player that was once tagged our best CB on this thread. That was even before he got invited.
Na so we no hear word about Mikel Agu here. Las-las we have seen what he can offer.

Hyping of players on this thread is too much abeg.

They have started hyping Samuel Kalu now. We dey watch.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 10:31am On Apr 09, 2018
Icon4s:

This was a player that was once tagged our best CB on this thread. That was even before he got invited.
Na so we no hear word about Mikel Agu here las-las we have seen what he can offer.

Joel obi too

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2018
goldfish80:

I think you should define what you mean by calling someone a "nobody" because the William you mentioned was well known in Europe while at Shaktar Donesk.
William, Douglas costa and Fernandinho were part of the Shaktar team that dominated the Europa cup and caused lots of upsets in the champions league, William was not an unknown when Chelsea got him.

Salah was an upcoming 21-year-old who was earning good reviews around Europe. He was a highly sort after by various clubs at the time thats why he cost Chelsea 12 million.

Moses have worked with many top class coaches in his career including Rogers, Mourinho, Martinez and Conte. If it will take only Simione, Guardiola and Klopp to get the best from him, then maybe he is not that good after all.

You dey mind that guy? na only epl him know,how do you expect him to know willian? That same shaktar donesk with willian knock chelsea out of the champions league in the group stage,chelsea could not beat them home and away with the exploits of willian fernandinho and co

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2018
safarigirl:
my brother, leave all these people wey sabi pass Rohr.

Anybody that could not see why Ebuehi played 90 minutes, even though he wasn't 100% fit, has not been paying attention to the coach
Till now the young man is still struggling to regain his fitness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:50am On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

I mean they were no World class players and were not in the top 20 best players in the world as at the time they came to Chelsea. That is my point.

Is it not the same Mourinho that sent Salah, Kevin Bruyne, Lukaku and other talents packing from Chelsea after they flopped under him?

Victor Moses was injured under Rodgers but seriously, is Rodgers a top class coach? I am just asking.

Do you know it was under Martinez, Victor Moses was rated the best dribbler in Europe and it was under him he was bought by Chelsea? Even Martinez told the world Victor Moses was very good and needed to develop before he moved to Chelsea.

Is it not under Conte Victor Moses was nominated for Apoty and BBC player of the year?

Simione, Guardiola and Klopp will improve Victor Moses and could make him more better than Salah.

In my own personal opinion Victor Moses is more talented than Salah but Salah is more refined and matured. That's all.

I don't know if Rogers is a good coach or not but at least under him, Suarez rose and became the best striker in the world a feat he hasn't managed to achieve since leaving for Barca. Players like Philip Coutinho, Sturridge and Sterling blossomed under Rogers, so I believe he must have known a thing or two about developing players.

I totally understand why Debryne and co left Chelsea. The club is structured on shape in or ship out, fire brigade, win or you're out, trophy mongering policy. When a club is structured on such quick fix ideals, talents wouldn't be groomed or encouraged to blossom. It wasn't Mourinh's fault entirely those guys left the club, Chelsea's policy is chiefly responsible for that.

My opinion is that Moses have worked under some very fantastic managers throughout his career that it will be demeaning if we say that he could only be improved to Sala level by only 3 managers in the world. It doesn't even make sense.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Na so we no hear word about Mikel Agu here las-las we have seen what he can offer.

Honestly, he's the most overrated player in this current team. He's not better than any of the Chan defenders. That's the harsh truth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2018
femianski:

Joel obi too

Joel Obi performed well in the Gwg before he went on sabbatically due to injures.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Joel Obi performed well in the Gwg before he went on sabbatically due to injures.
...but not really convincing in the last friendlies despite the hype.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2018
Loogan:

You are the one saying thier yardstick to comparing them both is flawed but yours is worse!
You should not judge quality based on how many matches played some players are naturally gifted. Willian had played alot of matches won trophies but if they tell you to choose between him and Asensio who I'm not sure has racked his 50app who would you choose? There is levels to this game. I love them both but cmon don't you k
1. umar is better than awoniyi on the air not just because he's taller but It's a proven strong point of umar amoury, his first serial a game for Roma at age 19 was a nice well placed header, the coach who gave him his break in the first team got sacked and since then he went on loan to bologna where injuries and lack of play time saw his game stall. The seria a is not a league for youngsters it's more experienced players. He had a wonderful preseason at Roma and was sent to be the second striker to Italy's first choice striker, he had limited game time but he still played but did not score, now he's in the edisevere where awoniyi actually struggled.
2. Umar is more direct, more skillful, more unpredictable and faster.
3. Awoniyi is the better team player and works his socks off for the team. Both of them are good at hold up plays.
I want you to watch these two players without sentiment, if you are a real football lover it's not hard to identify who the better talent is.
As regards to umar lack of game time, he has played in an Olympic competition against the very bests in the world as the top striker for us, scored and won a bronze medal trust me that exposure and experience has improved him drastically. He has 4goals and 3assits in 8games where he didn't start all

Bros I read all what you wrote and is difficult to pin point how Umar is better, how can you say Umar is faster than Awoniyi? big lie, Awoniyi is a beast

I am not judging quality by how many matches played, They are both young, umar is alittle bit older, when I said Awoniyi played has played more matches(61 matches in European football) it means he has more exposure and can be trusted in GWG.

Umar has been in Europe since 2013, played for spezia,lavagnese,Roma, bologna,you Torino and now Nac breda and can only boast of 18( 5 coning this season at Nac)matches at 21 years that's no progression.

And who told you young players don't succed in Seria A

1. Frank kessie - 21years ( a.c. Milan)....one of the best midfilders in Seria A
2. donnarumma -19 years( a.c. milan)
..been first choice keeper since 3 or 2 years now
3. Joel obi - at 21 was playing for inter already
4.Cengiz under - 20years( roma) arguably Roma best player this season

I don't see were Umar holds advantage over Awoniyi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2018
goldfish80:

Honestly, he's the most overrated player in this current team. He's not better than any of the Chan defenders. That's the harsh truth
I will never picked him ahead of Omeruo,him and Ekong lacks the experience as CB and their pairings always backfire, so better to pair Ekong and Omeruo or Awaziem and Balogun in case Balogun and Ekong pairing is not available for selection.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:30am On Apr 09, 2018
goldfish80:

Omerou should be our 3rd choice CB, he plays every week, while AwaZiem is not a sure starter in his club, Omeruo is also better experience than him. we dont have the luxury of players with worldcup experience.

Maybe Rohr likes AwaZiem because of the Nantes connection
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Na so we no hear word about Mikel Agu here. Las-las we have seen what he can offer.

Bros I agree with what you said but not the Kalu statement, in as much as I dont believe he will make the worldcup team because of his position is all taken but his a very good player and soon will get his chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2018
goldfish80:

I don't know if Rogers is a good coach or not but at least under him, Suarez rose and became the best striker in the world a feat he hasn't managed to achieve since leaving for Barca. Players like Philip Coutinho, Sturridge and Sterling blossomed under Rogers, so I believe he must have known a thing or two about developing players.

I totally understand why Debryne and co left Chelsea. The club is structured on shape in or ship out, fire brigade, win or you're out, trophy mongering policy. When a club is structured on such quick fix ideals, talents wouldn't be groomed or encouraged to blossom. It wasn't Mourinh's fault entirely those guys left the club, Chelsea's policy is chiefly responsible for that.

My opinion is that Moses have worked under some very fantastic managers throughout his career that it will be demeaning if we say that he could only be improved to Sala level by only 3 managers in the world. It doesn't even make sense.

Suarez already became the best striker in the world when he was in the Eredivise before he went to Liverpool. Fact

It was not under Brender Rodgers he became the world best striker. Fact.

Suarez still became the world best striker in Barcelona after he left Liverpool. Fact

Sturridge already blossomed before he left for Liverpool.

Sterling is better than when he was under Brender. Fact

So, if you think Chelsea is hire and fire, why did Victor Moses suddenly became a world class player under Conte when he was nobody under Mourinho?

Na Chelsea's fault?

Chelsea doesn't like discarding players like that.

The truth remains that when Victor Moses worked under World class coaches known to develop players his stock rised. GBAM

Martinez and Conte are two case study.

Give Victor Moses chance under Guardiola, Simione or Klopp, he could be better than Salah. GBAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2018
Kog45:
...but not really convincing in the last friendlies despite the hype.

Rohr and myself were statisfied with his performance. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Rohr and myself were statisfied by his performance. grin
Oh you and Rohr satisfied but am not satisfied cos i know what he can offer the team,hope to see more convincing Joel in GWG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2018
Martz101:

Bros I agree with what you said but not the Kalu statement, in as much as I dont believe he will make the worldcup team because of his position is all taken but his a very good player and soon will get his chance

I understand your view but some are already making it seem as if Samuel Kalu is currently the best winger we have.

No doubt he will get his time maybe even before or after the World Cup but having so much expectations on a player who is yet to be capped at the national team level is a no-no for me. I thought some of us ought to have learnt by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

You know what makes Salah more popular and more regarded than Moses? its the goals he score... Moses might even equal Salah for pace and dribbles but he isn't known for scoring a lot of goals...even when he was playing his normal position at Chelsea and on loan, he scorer few goals...

Nigeria is well known for producing some of the fastest and best dribblers in football but goalscoring is a problem for them..look at Musa,Simeon,Imoh Ezekiel.. even Okocha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

We hear.... If he isn't listed in the 35 man list later,hope u won't start screaming that Rphr has collected bribe?..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
tbaba1234:

Umar is a serious talent... He is above all our striking prospects at the moment in my opinion.

When i started mentioning Ebere Eze, Many dismissed it. Now he is courting the interest of major clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham. If he continues impressing, he will most likely be in the premier league next season. Then we will be in a battle with Scotland to cap him. Hopefully, the people in charge are paying attention.

Identifying talent early would save us from the hassle of battling with wealthier countries. Imagine if Dele Ali was picked early when he was showing serious talent before he moved to the premier league. We can't always wait till they get established.

totally agree with you Sir Tbaba1234!!! We need to cap that guy early b4 we loose him...I know a lot of guys on this thread know a serious talent when they see one, sometimes when the talent is just obvious you just have to admit this guy is good...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
andrew444:

You dey mind that guy? na only epl him know,how do you expect him to know willian? That same shaktar donesk with willian knock chelsea out of the champions league in the group stage,chelsea could not beat them home and away with the exploits of willian fernandinho and co

U know,if De Bryune and Salah hadn't returned to the EPL after they left Chelsea, egbon forgiveness and Southgate would have said the EPL was too big for them to flourish. .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

In mmy own personal opinion Victor Moses is more talented than Salah but Salah is more refined and matured. That's all.

Na wa o. Lol, I dare you say that in other public forums like twitter or Chelsea FB account grin grin. You surely cannot be serious?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
Kog45:
Oh you and Rohr satisfied but am not satisfied cos i know what he can offer the team,hope to see more convincing Joel in GWG.

Ok na. Let us wait and see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2018
Danielnino00:

You know what makes Salah more popular and more regarded than Moses? its the goals he score... Moses might even equal Salah for pace and dribbles but he isn't known for scoring a lot of goals...even when he was playing his normal position at Chelsea and on loan, he scorer few goals...

Nigeria is well known for producing some of the fastest and best dribblers in football but goalscoring is a problem for them..look at Musa,Simeon,Imoh Ezekiel.. even Okocha

As at today, Salah is miles better than Victor Moses and he could be crowned the best player in the world if Liverpool wins the UEFA Champions League or reaches the finals.

But before now Victor Moses was better and popular. That is my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Martz101:

Omerou should be our 3rd choice CB, he plays every week, while AwaZiem is not a sure starter in his club, Omeruo is also better experience than him. we dont have the luxury of players with worldcup experience.

Maybe Rohr likes AwaZiem because of the Nantes connection

I still back Efe Ambrose to shine if given the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
The guys on this thread can be funny sometimes.

Let me get a pen and paper and send all these suggestions to Rohr, he must blood another 8-12 players into the team before June
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
Danielnino00:

U know,if De Bryune and Salah hadn't returned to the EPL after they left Chelsea, egbon forgiveness and Southgate would have said the EPL was too big for them to flourish. .

lol I swear

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
andrew444:

lol I swear

Abi... All this issue of downgrading a player because he flopped at a particular club or league makes no sense... Some players just find it difficult to adjust to their new clubs/league... Its the same way humans and even animals find it difficult to adjust to new environments... But unfortunately, most club managers,owners and fans of this era are impatient.. if u don't perform well,u get kicked out.

Imagine if Mourinho had been patient enough with Salah,Lukaku and De Bryune and mentored them well....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
safarigirl:
no be small voice mail.
Na me carry my mumu self wan help pesin wey dey in need. Bros claimed he had an urgent job he needed to travel fa he needed TP, since then, he just dey post me.

No be say I even get money before, but because I have been in urgent need of money, I thought to help someone.....e no go happen again sha. Learnt my lesson, there is no shred of integrity in this country
Ash!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Suarez already became the best striker in the world when he was in the Eredivise before he went to Liverpool. Fact

Suarez still became the world best striker in Barcelona after he left Liverpool. Fact

So, if you think Chelsea is hire and fire, why did Victor Moses suddenly became a world class player under Conte when he was nobody under Mourinho?

Na Chelsea's fault?

The truth remains that when Victor Moses worked under World class coaches known to develop players his stock rised. GBAM

Give Victor Moses chance under Guardiola, Simione or Klopp, he could be better than Salah. GBAM

Suarez was nothing more than an interesting upcoming player while at Ajax.
He became a force and came into his full element while at Liverpool. Ajax was just a starting point for him. It's just like saying C Ronaldo was world class at Sporting Lisbon.

Youre being economical with the truth or of the hand ignorant if you believe Sturridge blossomed before Liverpool. This was a kid who couldn't find his feet at Chelsea and Man city. He hardly kicked a ball in anger at both clubs until his career turn around at Liverpool where himself, Sterling and Suarez formed a dynamic attacking trident who nearly won the league.
This unraveled before our very own eyes, but somehow to suit a narrative, you want to twist facts.

Did Salah work with Klopp, Guardiola or Simione while at Roma where he contributed something like 18 goals and 14 assists? A number Moses have failed to hit at any point in his professional career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Na Chelsea's fault?

What are you saying

You mean Suarez ? Has been the best from his time in Ajax?

Remember he joined Liveepool in 2011 when Eto'o and Drogba still have strength?(Africa)

When Van persie and Roney.....(EPL)

A player from black water league that is below league one??

You re not serious at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) (3292) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, Oasis007(m), kellycute(m), jihday(m), Impeccable5248(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.