Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11691339 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MsMayhem: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2016
So, I disappeared for 3 days, I no talk anything when Kelechi had his moment of madness and nobody could ask "where is safarigirl?"

Now I know the kind of threadmates I have, una well done cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2016
Kog45:
Pls stop this or are u a lawyer,what is my business with Isco or kovacic.This thread belong to super eagle and we must express our opinions on how our players should grow to have smooth qualification and good world cup.

My opinion still remain a better ihenacho playing even 20 to 30 mins and learning under Guardiola not nacho sitting on bench straight 5 matches.

Stop what. You are the one breaking your head over a simple point. I would prefer Iheanacho playing weekly but I am more interested in his training daily under Guardiola.

So I am against the opinion of Iheanacho leaving on loan or permanently for Glory over a search for playing time. He should keep working with Guardiola and take his chances when he gets his time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 04, 2016
tbaba1234:
Kelechi skills after drills. grin

Na the only thing Baba don learn be this. He has gone five(?) matches without playing, during those weeks I would assume he has been training, but dude could have easily been the flop of the match and he played just 20 mins.... So much for drills. I hope he turns out well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2016
Kog45:
With due respect,pls stop comparing what is not comparable.Did i hear u saying pogba learnt nothing and using it to justify your opinion on Iheanacho issue is not acceptable.

Am of d opinion that pogba is overrated but that did not take my respect for d Young man rise in football.He left man utd for juve and got d opportunity to learn a lot by playing with great player like pirlo and coached by world class coach.

Pls tell me a player that Iheanacho gona learn from at man city!i mean a player like a coach on d field of play like pirlo,telling me pogba learnt nothing on how to control midfield is absurd or are u saying d guy should remain at man utd learning under a coach that did not give him much respect and rejected juve first team calling

I do agree with your most opinions but on Iheanacho,my guy i disagreed.

I do not get what you are writing there. Get the point before running.

I said, Pogba left Manchester United to Juventus in search for Glory. He is a brilliant talent and felt he was ready for the big stage. Sir Alex Ferguson knew Pogba was a brilliant talent but wanted him to learn more.

Note, I was among those who was against Ferguson's decision to keep Pogba on the bench for another season.

Pogba left and the talent we knew he had shone. He got the glory. On his return, it was clear he never learnt how to control the midfield.

So, I am not disrespecting Pogba. I believe he is one of the best talents in the World today. However, if he does not learn how to control the midfield, he would not perform on the level of Zidane who was the ultimate architect in midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:
So, I disappeared for 3 days, I no talk anything when Kelechi had his moment of madness and nobody could ask "where is safarigirl?"

I did not see you write but I noticed your moniker viewing the thread. So, I thought you were following in silent mode.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29am On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:

Please check your email.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2016

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MsMayhem: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I did not see you write but I noticed your moniker viewing the thread. So, I thought you were following in silent mode.
For where?

They banned my account since Friday, they said it was compromised and I had to change my password. I've changed it multiple times and have been sending mails to Seun and the mods, no answer.

Sometimes, I wonder how NL is run. They just banned my account with an ambiguous reason and have conveniently ignored me since then, but if it's to deactivate accounts, they'll be swift.

That's how my 7-year old account will go with no explanation. I've built a reputation with that account and someone bans it till 2026 for something I didn't do?

Seun and co please, if you won't release my safarigirl account, just leave this one for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:
For where?

They banned my account since Friday, they said it was compromised and I had to change my password. I've changed it multiple times and have been sending mails to Seun and the mods, no answer.

Sometimes, I wonder how NL is run. They just banned my account with an ambiguous reason and have conveniently ignored me since then, but if it's to deactivate accounts, they'll be swift.

That's how my 7-year old account will go with no explanation. I've built a reputation with that account and someone bans it till 2026 for something I didn't do?

Seun and co please, if you won't release my safarigirl account, just leave this one for me.

Sean, lalasticlala, OAM4J, Ishilove I beg you. Do the needful. safarigirl is one of those that people follow her opinions on nairaland. Restore her account, so she can continue doing what she does well. Thanks in advance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Support David Harry in the on going Mr Tourism https://m.facebook.com/273393949373931/photos/a.1278027498910566.1073741851.273393949373931/1279239918789324/?type=3&source=54
Done! He's a handsome guy. Hope he wins.

Be careful about Kelechi. I don dey watch you with one eye. TheSuperNerd, where is Yara yara's stick? I want to borrow it. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:
For where?

Your safarigirl account was banned for spamming the forum. It posted an embedded spam url continuously from 1.43pm - 2.00pm in nine front page threads that cut across Politics, Religion, Celebrities, Food, Crime & NYSC sections hence the ban.

Change your safarigirl account password, send me a PM from my monicker and let me act on it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Stop what. You are the one breaking your head over a simple point. I would prefer Iheanacho playing weekly but I am more interested in his training daily under Guardiola.

So I am against the opinion of Iheanacho leaving on loan or permanently for Glory over a search for playing time. He should keep working with Guardiola and take his chances when he gets his time.
I dont need to break my head on your simple point but your last paragraph summed it all(He should keep working with Guardiola and take his chances when he gets his time)hope things goes according to your thought on Iheanacho career under Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:

You that you've been viewing the thread.

About Kelechi, I'm too unhappy to say much. You watched the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I do not get what you are writing there. Get the point before running.

I said, Pogba left Manchester United to Juventus in search for Glory. He is a brilliant talent and felt he was ready for the big stage. Sir Alex Ferguson knew Pogba was a brilliant talent but wanted him to learn more.

Note, I was among those who was against Ferguson's decision to keep Pogba on the bench for another season.

Pogba left and the talent we knew he had shone. He got the glory. On his return, it was clear he never learnt how to control the midfield.

So, I am not disrespecting Pogba. I believe he is one of the best talents in the World today. However, if he does not learn how to control the midfield, he would not perform on the level of Zidane who was the ultimate architect in midfield.
If u can't get my point then am as well confused with your point here and stop assume what is not coz he did not left man u to juventus for personal glory.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51am On Dec 04, 2016
joseph1013:
Done! He's a handsome guy. Hope he wins.

Be careful about Kelechi. I don dey watch you with one eye. TheSuperNerd, where is Yara yara's stick? I want to borrow it. grin

Thank you very much.

Let see how the next games go. I wonder how long it will take before Guardiola fuses Gabriel Jesus with the team. However, I hope Iheanacho plays three of the four games Aguero is to miss. If he gets all four starts, that will be wonderful.

Thanks again and do not worry about the plank because I have Safety Helmet on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentAire(m): 11:58am On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:

Wait first!!!

Na u dey ur profile pic?

Omo men! C fine girl wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you very much.

Let see how the next games go. I wonder how long it will take before Guardiola fuses Gabriel Jesus with the team. However, I hope Iheanacho plays three of the four games Aguero is to miss. If he gets all four starts, that will be wonderful.

Thanks again and do not worry about the plank because I have Safety Helmet on.
If he start then u prove us wrong with your philosophy that he w get his time but if he doesn't,then I w banish u from this thread to political thread or u pay 5k dollar fine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
Kog45:
If he start then u prove us wrong with your philosophy that he w get his time but if he doesn't,then I w banish u from this thread to political thread or u pay 5k dollar fine.

I owe you a big apology for sounding rude when I said I did not understand your point. There is no room for such statement.

Let me see If I can find a post on this issue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentAire(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Good day everybody!!!

Did anyone notice the flaws in the 3-4-3 system in the game yesterday?
At a point in the second half Chelsea could not hold the ball and string passes (could it be the absence of matic?) cus aside the pass fabregas gave to Costa, it think he had a average game (match rusty?).
Chelsea's wing back where cut high up the pitch several times anytime man city hit on a fast break (Moses run like Jackie them need to increase that guy pay).
I think pep lost the game , the occasion got to him and he lost it. You are winning 1 nil against an inform Chelsea and u are still pressing with ur defense playing a high line ? u going to get punished. Check out Chelsea's first goal (Costa is a Badt Guy).
Gundogan should have been out since yesterday (I no notice am for second half) bring Kelechi in about 65 min Kelvin should have come to the midfield.

Happy Sunday everyone God's blessings!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I owe you a big apology for sounding rude when I said I did not understand your point. There is no room for such statement.

Let me see If I can find a post on this issue
No wahala my guy,u are one of d pillar here,so thumb up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
kentAire:
Good day everybody!!!

Did anyone notice the flaws in the 3-4-3 system in the game yesterday?
At a point in the second half Chelsea could not hold the ball and string passes (could it be the absence of matic?) cus aside the pass fabregas gave to Costa, it think he had a average game (match rusty?).
Chelsea's wing back where cut high up the pitch several times anytime man city hit on a fast break (Moses run like Jackie them need to increase that guy pay).
I think pep lost the game , the occasion got to him and he lost it. You are winning 1 nil against an inform Chelsea and u are still pressing with ur defense playing a high line ? u going to get punished. Check out Chelsea's first goal (Costa is a Badt Guy).
Gundogan should have been out since yesterday (I no notice am for second half) bring Kelechi in about 65 min Kelvin should have come to the midfield.

Happy Sunday everyone God's blessings!!!
U really watched d match,honestly u are on point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
MsMayhem:

No fex. But what happened to ur boi yesterday na? His Worst game of the season plus he turned Hulk Hogan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
joseph1013:
Please guys, let's all come down to earth.

TheSuperNerd and bigblangston, please let's end this. I understand what caused the little discord but as humans, we can resolve this and move on.

All of us love the Super Eagles, and like I always say, let's know that we will not always agree. It's important to consider that in all our discussions.

Let's bring the love back. Thanks
Supported.
I think we all have to learn one or two things from some of the elders/personalities on this thread.

They always employ a tune that is fair and welcome to all at all times.

I am sorry to say, I just have to say it. Please don't take it so personal. ''one of us has lost that tune''

I mean at times we may not be overly insultive, but we may still need to watch our choice of words or expression.
#Peace#

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
iwobi done open door for sir forgiveness boys every player is saying #i am a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
The goodjoe I understand your point but what every other person is saying which I agree with is that Iheanacho's footballing destiny and development is not and should not be tied to Gaurdiola. Icon4s gave out a yoruba proverb that says it is not one Road that leads to the market. In Iheanacho's case there are several other options as good as what Gaurdiola and Mancity are offering. Let the young man explore other possibilities because what I saw yesterday doesn't look good at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mujtahida:
The goodjoe I understand your point but what every other person is saying which I agree with is that Iheanacho's footballing destiny and development is not and should not be tied to Gaurdiola. Icon4s gave out a yoruba proverb that says it is not one Road that leads to the market. In Iheanacho's case there are several other options as good as what Gaurdiola and Mancity are offering. Let the young man explore other possibilities because what I saw yesterday it doesn't look good at all.

I do not think few minutes is enough to judge Iheanacho's improvement under Guardiola. He started with a blast, especially his games against Bournemouth and Manchester United.

I am not saying his destiny is tied to Guardiola but that the Spanish tactician has a history of improving good players. This improvement happens on the training pitch and not in game time.

In 2002, Ronaldo De Lima had an atrocious game. When the Inter Milan coach substituted Ronaldo, he wept like a baby because his poor performance caused Inter Milan their first Serie A title in decades. The Inter fans attacked Ronaldo's car to let out their anger.

Few months from then, Ronaldo went on to light up the World Cup in 2002 with some of the best attacking display by a striker in the history of the World Cup.

The poor performance does not mean he is not developing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mujtahida:
The goodjoe I understand your point but what every other person is saying which I agree with is that Iheanacho's footballing destiny and development is not and should not be tied to Gaurdiola. Icon4s gave out a yoruba proverb that says it is not one Road that leads to the market. In Iheanacho's case there are several other options as good as what Gaurdiola and Mancity are offering. Let the young man explore other possibilities because what I saw yesterday doesn't look good at all.

Guardiola is not long at Manchester City. He I still few months in. I do not think this is the time for Iheanacho to explore options but keep working hard in training to break into the starting line-up.

He is up against one of the best strikers in the game today. For a youngster, that is not so bad.

If you look at Solanke for instance. I did not see what was the benefit of his sojourn to Holland. The playing time did not do much for him.

I prefer Solanke working his socks off to prove the coach can count on him. When he reaches a particular level and the chance does not come, then he can leave.

I always believe playing time is overrated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
My advice for Iheanacho is not try play under pressure these few matches he will player in d absence of Aguero,

And there is nothing anybody can do to alter Thegoodjoe's stance on Iheanacho case,he will continue to say d same thing till tomorrow.
You guys should just change the Iheanacho topic to another thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2016

The Amazing Statistic That Shows How Well Victor Moses Performed Against Man City

Chelsea wingback Victor Moses didn’t have the type of influence he had offensively in Chelsea’s last two games but the 25 year old put in a defensive shift that helped his team beat Manchester City 3-1.

Statistics put together by Owngoalnigeria.com during the course of the game can prove that the 25 year old was one of the best player on display for the Blues.

Moses didn’t do enough in the final third but he defended like a veteran full back even though he is only playing as a full back for the first time in his career.

Victor Moses’s game by numbers vs Man. City

100% Take-ons completed

98% Tackles Won

4 Clearance

3 Interception

1 block

0 fouls

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/03/the-amazing-statistic-that-shows-how-well-victor-moses-performed-against-man-city/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
How the hell does someone play as a Wing back in such a game without committing a foul.

Can Victor Moses introduce me to his Jazz man. The guy knows work.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
Aguero’s Suspension – Time To Unleash Iheanacho, City Legend Tells Guardiola

Former Manchester City forward Shaun Goater believes the expected four match ban for forward Sergio Kun Aguero will give Pep Guardiola enough reason to play Nigerian teen Kelechi Iheanacho.

Iheanacho has played few times this season as Aguero has put aside his fitness issues, but his sending off in yesterday’s 1-3 defeat at the hands of Chelsea could see him miss as much as four games.

The red card was the second of the season for the Argentine and he will be out for an additional one game after the mandatory three games for the dismissal.

” He is like the heart and soul of the team in attack, but when you have a youngster like Iheanacho waiting on the wings, you worry less about his absence” Goater said.

” Iheanacho has a crazy record, a respected one for a 20 year old in a team like Man City and the Premier League. This could be the time he has been waiting for to enhance his reputation.

” Guardiola knows him and I believe his faith in him will be tested now that Aguero is to serve a four game suspension”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/04/agueros-suspension-time-to-unleash-iheanacho-city-legend-tells-guardiola/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), RichardKajola(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.