Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11598213 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
Goater is one of Iheanacho's biggest fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Obaje Breaks Silence Over Spartak Moscow Move – I Did A Two Hour Medical After Scoring Twice In Test Games But…..

The top scorer in the recently concluded Nigeria Professional Football League Godwin Obaje of Wikki Tourist has broken his silence over the true state of his proposed move to Spartak Moscow of Russia.

Various reports has claimed that the 19 year old failed his medical while some are of the opinion that he didn’t impress the coaches during his trial period, but the forward insist none of that happened.

In an EXCLUSIVE chat with Owngoalnigeria.com in Kaduna, when he came to watch Wikki Tourist pre season game against local side KJ United, the soft spoken forward lifted the lid on his planned move abroad.

” I scored twice in a test game despite the cold, which I must say wasn’t easy for me to cope, but God almighty made it possible for me to do well in the game” Obaje told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The club invited me over for a medical which lasted two hours, they say am fine I don’t have any issue but instead there are issues surrounding my impending transfer base on negotiations with my club in Nigeria.

” Am shock to read that I failed trials, some said I failed medicals. I have the medical report here with me to prove people doubting my story, but I won’t go that far.

” There’s a time frame for Spartak Moscow and I to conclude talks on a deal, if it doesn’t happen, I have other options lined up which the world will get to know very soon”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/03/obaje-breaks-silence-over-spartak-moscow-move-i-did-a-two-hour-medical-after-scoring-twice-in-test-games-but/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
German-Nigerian 1860 Munich Defender Uduokhai Wins MOTM Award As Super Eagles Call Up Looms

Highly rated German born Nigerian defender Felix Uduokhai won the Man Of The Match Award (MOTM) after a commanding performance for 1860 Munich in their 1-0 win over Dynamo Dresden.

Uduokhai frustrated the forwards of Dynamo Dresden with interceptions, blocks and tackles to help his side keep a clean sheet and pick up all three points.

Rated as one of the best upcoming defenders in Germany, he has made six appearances this season for the 2. Bundesliga side in what is his first season with the first team.

The 19 year old is one of the players coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is keeping a close eye on for subsequent invitation to the Nigeria national team, even though he has played for Germany at youth level.

However Nigeria are hopeful that the German coach of the team will be able to convince him to have a change of heart and represent the Super Eagles at senior level.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/03/german-nigerian-1860-munich-defender-uduokhai-wins-motm-award-as-super-eagles-call-up-looms/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icon4s:

No fex. But what happened to ur boi yesterday na? His Worst game of the season plus he turned Hulk Hogan.

The game was ove when KDB missed an open net. I can't be too hard about the scuffle becos he was standing up for Aguero. Infact i believe this will gain him more respect from his team. I expect them to rally around him and for him to score alot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
kentAire:
Good day everybody!!!

Did anyone notice the flaws in the 3-4-3 system in the game yesterday?
At a point in the second half Chelsea could not hold the ball and string passes (could it be the absence of matic?) cus aside the pass fabregas gave to Costa, it think he had a average game (match rusty?).
Chelsea's wing back where cut high up the pitch several times anytime man city hit on a fast break (Moses run like Jackie them need to increase that guy pay).
I think pep lost the game , the occasion got to him and he lost it. You are winning 1 nil against an inform Chelsea and u are still pressing with ur defense playing a high line ? u going to get punished. Check out Chelsea's first goal (Costa is a Badt Guy).
Gundogan should have been out since yesterday (I no notice am for second half) bring Kelechi in about 65 min Kelvin should have come to the midfield.

Happy Sunday everyone God's blessings!!!
Chelsea midfield collapse at some point in the 2nd half, fabregas was just not in the game save for the pass to Costa.
I also notice nancho took one. Wayward shoot with his right foot, is that part of the training
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ideye just scored a terrific overhead kick goal...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
zicky:
Chelsea midfield collapse at some point in the 2nd half, fabregas was just not in the game save for the pass to Costa.
I also notice nancho took one. Wayward shoot with his right foot, is that part of the training

That shows the coach is encouraging him to take more outside shots like you all complain that he is not doing...I'm even happy he attempted that shot with his right foot even though it was wayward...That shows progress...pep has been teaching this boy, trust me...kelechi is a player who is fiercely determined, and that is his greatest strength, not his talent. pep or no pep iheanacho will make it in football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
Got my account back!

Big shout out to thegoodjoe for calling on the powers that be and to semid4lyfe for responding appropriately. I appreciate your efforts

@Icon4s, I no watch the match o, I dey school. Just saw two red cards on live scores, I come dey wonder which kain gbege happen. Aguero take style no get sense sha, just dey collect unnecessary red card. As for Kelechi, like I said, moment of madness. Heard twas Pep that pulled him out of the fray? (Before dem red him two forwards cheesy). He doesn't come off as someone with a temper or anything like that, so hopefully, he assessed his behaviour later in the day and realised his error.

@kentAire, yes o, na me be that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ideye just scored a terrific overhead kick goal...

Congrats to him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
safarigirl:
Got my account back!

Big shout out to thegoodjoe for calling on the powers that be and to semid4lyfe for responding appropriately. I appreciate your efforts

@Icon4s, I no watch the match o, I dey school. Just saw two red cards on live scores, I come dey wonder which kain gbege happen. Aguero take style no get sense sha, just dey collect unnecessary red card. As for Kelechi, like I said, moment of madness. Heard twas Pep that pulled him out of the fray? (Before dem red him two forwards cheesy). He doesn't come off as someone with a temper or anything like that, so hopefully, he assessed his behaviour later in the day and realised his error.

I think he is easily frustrated sha. There was this thing he did during our match with Egypt, I think the ref blew for a foul and he threw the ball away, a yellow card offence all day long but he got away with it. He needs to work on that.

By the way, which university?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
safarigirl:
Got my account back!

Ok i see.

Bt at times i wonder how u students of these days cope combining watching of football with lectures/studies. During our time DSTV no even dey sef talkless of watching live EPL matches.

I remember we used to watch UEFA champions league on AIT back then in the 90s in Lagos and na only one match u fit watch.

The only other competitions we watched then were FIFA WCs, AFCON & Olympics which were nt yearly competitions.

That time na jacking sure pass if u want to excel.

I wish u excellence my sister.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mickael2:

I think he is easily frustrated sha. There was this thing he did during our match with Egypt, I think the ref blew for a foul and he threw the ball away, a yellow card offence all day long but he got away with it. He needs to work on that.

By the way, which university?
University of Abuja, where there are more 'models' than students smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icon4s:

Ok i see.

Bt at times i wonder how u students of these days cope combining watching of football with lectures/studies. During our time DSTV no even dey sef talkless of watching live EPL matches.

I remember we used to watch UEFA champions league on AIT back then in the 90s in Lagos and na only one match u fit watch.

The only other competitions we watched then were FIFA WCs, AFCON & Olympics which were nt yearly competitions.

That time na jacking sure pass if u want to excel.

I wish u excellence my sister.

when I'm in school, I don't watch any games, I just follow on Twitter and livescores. I actually don't watch a lot of games, even at home, I no dey watch TV at all sef, didn't watch Olympics and haven't watched any FIFA-organized international competitions since the 2015 U-17 World Cup (just watched the semifinals sef)

There is a viewing center center in front of school, that's where most guys watch games, I dey fear to reach that side alone, before dem go mistakenly break my head in the middle of argument cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
safarigirl:

when I'm in school, I don't watch any games, I just follow on Twitter and livescores. I actually don't watch a lot of games, even at home, I no dey watch TV at all sef, didn't watch Olympics and haven't watched any FIFA-organized international competitions since the 2015 U-17 World Cup (just watched the semifinals sef)

There is a viewing center center in front of school, that's where most guys watch games, I dey fear to reach that side alone, before dem go mistakenly break my head in the middle of argument cheesy

Good.

Even when we watched so much football then they were very few live games.

I always ask my nephews what time dey have to read their books. Always advice them against watching too much football. I tell them i watch plenty of football today bc i can afford to do so.

U need ur focus now. Time will come u can even visit etihad for live matches wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icon4s:

Good.

Even when we watched so much football then they were very few live games.

I always ask my nephews what time dey have to read their books. Always advice them against watching too much football. I tell them i watch plenty of football today bc i can afford to do so.

U need ur focus now. Time will come u can even visit etihad for live matches wink

lol...school wahala no go even gree you enjoy the match sef

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
safarigirl:
Got my account back!

Glad you got your account back. You rock.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Glad you got your account back. You rock.
thanks a bunch bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
goldfish80:

Let's push semantics and not elevate Ferguson like he knew it all.
Ferguson have in his time had world class players stagnate under his watchful eyes.

Iheanacho is facing same problem Diego Forlan faced at Man Utd.
Forlan had decent goal to game ratio for man utd but he found himself perpetually on the bench for Rud Van Nisteroy.

Forlan left for Villareal and later Athletico Madrid where he won more than 3 pichichi's.

I could not have said it better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Train is not the same thing as sit down and watch. Get it.

Sit down and watch. Unless you can show me Pogba sitting down to study Pirlo's game style and a coach who trained players like Scholes and Pirlo. You can not prove Pogba had the kind of training Ferguson had in mind for Pogba.

Ferguson noticed Pogba had the talent to be an all round midfielder. Brought Scholes back from retirement and wanted Pogba to study Scholes. He refused and went to shine. Today, it is accepted, he did not learn the lesson.

Finito.

I do not know Pogba personally but I was privy to a lot of the back room shenanigans that were going on. Pogba's ability was never in doubt however, Ferge considering his ego accepted adverse reports from some of the coaching staff who had different agendas.

However, I did meet his twin older brothers one was playing quite shockingly for Crew and one was at Sedem in France. And i tell you that's not the story they told me.

There is so much hidden agenda, who is your agent and out right deal cutting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Welcome back@ Miss Safarigirl.

The gr8 achievement on Sir. TheGoodJoe's path.
Kindly do us a favour by calling out to Pep to feature kelechi-you seem to have a thunder-like voice.

Did anyone watch liverpool's game today? Need an all round assessment on J. Ibe game. Is d lad worth fighting for?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
TheSuperNerd, a Special Thanks to you for updating this thread regularly. Means a lot to me that people the time to keep such a special thread alive.

Yara Yara Throways Salute too. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.
It's such a stressful job, but he does it with a lot of passion. He has put a lot of energy into it.

Seriously the way he does it, you did notice his passion for it.

Great job

Great analysts

Great followers

Am always proud to associate my self with Nairaland especially Sportslanders.

I have come to learn a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
A certain Nathan Ake scored the winning goal for Bournemouth. He was loan at Watford and now at Bournemouth. Playing his second season of Top flight professional football.

The question is should he have waited in Chelsea, training and learning from the top managers or get some football under his belt? I think that going on loan was a good decision for him. There is a good chance that he will be snatched by a premier league team soon or Chelsea will give him a chance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
tbaba1234:
A certain Nathan Ake scored the winning goal for Bournemouth. He was loan at Watford and now at Bournemouth. Playing his second season of Top flight professional football.

The question is should he have waited in Chelsea, training and learning from the top managers or get some football under his belt? I think that going on loan was a good decision for him. There is a good chance that he will be snatched by a premier league team soon or Chelsea will give him a chance.

Nathan Ake was another player who showed promise under Benitez. Liked him because he looks so much like a young Ruud Guulit.

What I am talking about is not just playing time but becoming a World beater. When we talk of players like Thiago Alcantara, Pedro, Busquets they stood out from their peers.

Ake is not in that level and I do not want to see Iheanacho operating on a winning goal as his achievement.

I am talking of creating World football stars like Suarez, Forlan and Falcao.

Guidance and nurturing plays a big role in such growth. Ake unfortunately like most talented Chelsea youngsters, lost out because of the quick fire sacking of managers at Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Nathan Ake was another player who showed promise under Benitez. Liked him because he looks so much like a young Ruud Guulit.

What I am talking about is not just playing time but becoming a World beater. When we talk of players like Thiago Alcantara, Pedro, Busquets they stood out from their peers.

Ake is not in that level and I do not want to see Iheanacho operating on a winning goal as his achievement.

Guidance and nurturing plays a big role in such growth. Ake unfortunately like most talented Chelsea youngsters, lost out because of the quick fire sacking of managers at Chelsea.

This is his second game winning goal i believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

This is his second game winning goal i believe.

Does not make him a World beater or one of the best of his peers. Wish the young man the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
AIG07:
Welcome back@ Miss Safarigirl.

The gr8 achievement on Sir. TheGoodJoe's path.
Kindly do us a favour by calling out to Pep to feature kelechi-you seem to have a thunder-like voice.

Did anyone watch liverpool's game today? Need an all round assessment on J. Ibe game. Is d lad worth fighting for?

Well, i watched the full 90mins of that game.
Ibe was a second half sub., just at commencement of second half.

Truth be told *In TheGoodJoe's voice* 'Aibe' is a 'Hype'. I only saw a flash of him in the whole 45mins. He tried to make 1 run at the edge of Liverpool's 18yards box bt was dispossesed.

See, Ibe is nt as good as any of the wings options we have in the Super Eagles. That is why i have problems with all these crave for Anglo-Nigerian players. We should invite them bc they are English born and elligible to play for us? They should be invited only if they are better than the players we currently parade.

Who is 'Aibe' better than from this list of wings options:

V. Moses
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Imoh Ezekiel
Isaac Success
Recall also that Etebor and Iheanacho can be played as wings options.

Even if we form 3 Super Eagles teams Ibe cannot make any of the teams. Let us go after better prospects abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

....becoming a world beater.

Hmmm let me comment my reserve.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icon4s:

We did not desert the thread. We dey.

You can start up a controvercial topic like Mikel is not.....Iheanacho is not....Onazi is not....or Ajagun is not..... and you'll see all the Lions come out to form Voltron(the defender of the players) grin

Happy Weekend all.

Oga oooo.
You no be just oga experience oo
Na oga 'bad boi' too. gringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Does not make him a World beater or one of the best of his peers. Wish the young man the best.

U said u didn't want Iheanacho operating on a winning goal as an achievement and i was just pointing out Ake had more than one. If he keeps at this rate he will be back to chelsea, i liked him at watford.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
terzurum5:

Oga oooo.
You no be just oga experience oo
Na oga 'bad boi' too. gringrin

Na lie I talk? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
terzurum5:

It's such a stressful job, but he does it with a lot of passion. He has put a lot of energy into it.

Seriously the way he does it, you did notice his passion for it.

Great job

Great analysts

Great followers

Am always proud to associate my self with Nairaland especially Sportslanders.

I have come to learn a lot.
He was absolutely awesome with the updates. Please you guys should prevail on him to come back. We need everyone's input.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icon4s:

Well, i watched the full 90mins of that game.
Ibe was a second half sub., just at commencement of second half.

Truth be told *In TheGoodJoe's voice* 'Aibe' is a 'Hype'. I only saw a flash of him in the whole 45mins. He tried to make 1 run at the edge of Liverpool's 18yards box bt was dispossesed.

See, Ibe is nt as good as any of the wings options we have in the Super Eagles. That is why i have problems with all these crave for Anglo-Nigerian players. We should invite them bc they are English born and elligible to play for us? They should be invited only if they are better than the players we currently parade.

Who is 'Aibe' better than from this list of wings options:

V. Moses
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Imoh Ezekiel
Isaac Success
Recall also that Etebor and Iheanacho can be played as wings options.

Even if we form 3 Super Eagles teams Ibe cannot make any of the teams. Let us go after better prospects abeg.

Unfortunately for Aibe, He plays a position that is already full of options. Maybe he can play right back.. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.