Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711851 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:10pm On May 23, 2018
Wale Ojo was not bad in that Athletico game I guess the presence of the Nwakali brother dwarfed his performance... I think I am watching the game for the 5th time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Henry Onyekuru news

There are strong rumors of Henry Onyekuru being on Besiktas' wishlist this transfer window for a loan arrangement of course.

Of course, I doubt Onyekuru will consider Turkey.

Besiktas is a big club, but his quality deserves a better League . I hope he moves Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:11pm On May 23, 2018
By revelation, I'm speaking contextually. Did you know they could play well at that level before that game?

tbaba1234:

The attackers yesterday were more alive than those we took for CHAN.

Samadi was the only real revelation for me. I already knew about Omoyele and Udo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2018
Joebie:
My friends.. Usman Muhammad has played only 1 minute this season in Europe. K.Nwakali had a meager run of games. However, these two players were one of the stand out players for SE Team B yesterday, in fact they scored the goals for Naija. Should we have a standard of giving players with potentials but less productivity, over players with better productivity at the club level then? Ezenwa is behind other keepers in the NPFL but he is ahead of his contemporaries in the national team. Is it good for our football in the long run?
The point is there has to be a standard. For me I think Nigeria needs a Team B, C, and D also, and it should be based purely on performance. Special talents should be allowed to train with the higher grade teams regardless.
Yeah.This pertains well to our footballing mentality.

Some are not good at club, but once in GWG, they just spark.

I for one rest on the opinion that local players that are plying trade abroad do learn one or two. Eager ones. But it's not enough, but they are learning still.

Musa has this stint of not too good club time, but is something else in the GWG no doubt.

I agree with the team levels. We have too much on our hands that we are bloated.

The thing is, the NPFL and the players therein better wake up fast. They are so snaily that scouts may not wanna look their way like before. They better wake up so that the NPFL would be producing Team B and C with eye catching performances.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:12pm On May 23, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! I am glad more people are beginning to realize that obvious truth. A few weeks ago, I challenged someone to show me a thread where forgiveness has ever promoted an non-Yoruba player. And I am still waiting ....

O pari

Hahahahahah! Look at this one! Pot calling kettle black. Oya! Take the lead by listing all the players you have promoted in your entire stay here. I don't want to use because you will be found wanting.

I am waiting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:13pm On May 23, 2018
By revelation, I'm speaking contextually. Did you know they could play well at that level before that game?

Modified
Ajana the number 6, and Duru were also pretty good IMO

tbaba1234:

The attackers yesterday were more alive than those we took for CHAN.

Samadi was the only real revelation for me. I already knew about Omoyele and Udo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:13pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Nothing in life is guaranteed Sir Mank. But it is never a crime to dream and be optimistic for tomorrow especially when it comes with one giving himself to a plan and a willingness to prepare and be ready.

And Sir Mank, it was you who walked in here sounding so sure of Nigeria's triumph in Russia. That also is not guaranteed... but you say you believe it is gonna be so. So let Pinnick dream... like you, I believe he has his "substance" for believing. wink

Very aptly put but my point is: why dreaming of 2022 when you can do it now. Lion is not the biggest of the animals in the jungle. It just outwit others because of sheer might. We can win it this year: we've got everything going in our favour. For me, talk of 2022 only shows that he doesn't believe that we can win the world cup this year.

PS: sometimes in tournament the best teams fall by the way. Greece wasn't the best side in 2006. Holland was clearly the best team in 1982.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2018
All over twitter, gotv is being blasted for that roadside welder work they presented to El Nino as parting gift. what a shame!!! A big one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:14pm On May 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Wale Ojo was not bad in that Athletico game I guess the presence of the Nwakali brother dwarfed his performance... I think I am watching the game for the 5th time

Wetin happen u wan write exam concerning d match grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:19pm On May 23, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That's rubbish forgiveness has promoted plenty non-Yoruba players please let us stick to football.

Abeg, no mind that fellow. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:20pm On May 23, 2018
elyte89:

Wetin happen u wan write exam concerning d match grin

Bros,that game sweet die cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:23pm On May 23, 2018
Well the NPFL should be our baby. It's not the fault of the players really.

daveP:
Yeah.This pertains well to our footballing mentality.

Some are not good at club, but once in GWG, they just spark.

I for one rest on the opinion that local players that are plying trade abroad do learn one or two. Eager ones. But it's not enough, but they are learning still.

Musa has this stint of not too good club time, but is something else in the GWG no doubt.

I agree with the team levels. We have too much on our hands that we are bloated.

The thing is, the NPFL and the players therein better wake up fast. They are so snaily that scouts may not wanna look their way like before. They better wake up so that the NPFL would be producing Team B and C with eye catching performances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:23pm On May 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Bros,that game sweet die cheesy cheesy

OK,if u say so,but what's ur verdict does nwakali jnr deserves a call up to russia18 cool?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:24pm On May 23, 2018
Joebie:

I always rated Omoyele and Udo but I do not think, we can read too much into performances in that game. Athletico were not really pushing.

Some people want to take Nwakali to the WC on the strength of that performance. I think we should apply the brakes here. Nwakali in competitive games, this season has not been outstanding.

We should not raise him so high until he performs less than expected in competitive outings. The same thing holds with Usman. We saw Usman in the Olympics.

I want to see Nwakali step up his game and perform in the top flight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On May 23, 2018
Okay. I get you. And I understand why you are feeling this way about this year's edition. I told you way back then when you walked in that I understand your reason for saying so because I have also been noticing the signs and the patterns of the lines being aligned not just for our team but for others going to Russia.

Anyway shaa... all the same. I think it is still okay to have one's eyes on the future even though he tries and does everything to make the present a memorable one.

And yeah... Greece was not. You mean 2004. Yeah.. I understand your points and where you come from. I understand your angle.... it is well shaa. We got 21 days and 17 hours more to The Big Kickoff in Russia. wink

mank1234:

Very aptly put but my point is: why dreaming of 2022 when you can do it now. Lion is not the biggest of the animals in the jungle. It just outwit others because of sheer might. We can win it this year: we've got everything going in our favour. For me, talk of 2022 only shows that he doesn't believe that we can win the world cup this year.

PS: sometimes in tournament the best teams fall by the way. Greece wasn't the best side in 2006. Holland was clearly the best team in 1982.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:28pm On May 23, 2018
kennysville:

I am tempted to say his persistent rants is probably the reason Kayode got dropped from the squad. Its not impossible. For instance, how are we sure that those close to the national team are not on this thread? What if Gernot Rohr himself is just an unregistered observer on this thread? There is no way to monitor who is viewing this thread if all we look out for is just the names of monikers online only.

Sentiments apart, I love Kayode. But it looks like frustration has already set in to his game. I recall when Forgiveness used his hand to type that even if Kayode scores1000 goals, he wont be at the world cup. And true to his words, he wont be. Question is when he knew all these, why is he still ranting? Why is he acting like he is shocked and disappointed?
If the bible says the expectation of the "righteous" ( and trust me, he and Komekn are very righteous) shall not be cut off, why the petulance? The things we say or think are very weighty. They reveal who we are. I am so sure the stakeholders are here on this thread. You may just not know.

So if you are an agent and you want to market your player, learn from these folks how not to go about player hyping or coercion down the throats of authorities...... My opinion.

Disclaimer: I dont hold any brief for Rohr or NFF or the coaching crew of the Super Eagles. The views above are strictly my opinions. You dont like it, then I am sorry you dont. You should open a bottle of Green Sands Shandy and take wash it down.

Hahahahahaha! Expectation of the righteous is not Kayode going to the world Cup or not oooo. Aha!

Expectation of the righteous is the coming of Christ and making heaven. In, addition, the fulfilment of his promises. grin

Kayode name dey for Bible? grin

However, it's only a black man mentality that will do bad belle for anyone that challenges. The same can't be said in a civilized world.

Anyway, I am not after Kayode making the world cup, I am after the two faced double standard fellows. Are you one of them? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:34pm On May 23, 2018
elyte89:

OK,if u say so,but what's ur verdict does nwakali jnr deserves a call up to russia18 cool?

Bia this man..... Lol... You don dey go round the mansion in subtle manner seeking votes for Nwakali K. abi?

Be kiaful... Let that boy grow into his time... Abeg.

I just dey notice your movements from my corner here... I dey see everything. kwantinue...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:34pm On May 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

I always rated Omoyele and Udo but I do not think, we can read too much into performances in that game. Athletico were not really pushing.

Some people want to take Nwakali to the WC on the strength of that performance. I think we should apply the brakes here. Nwakali in competitive games, this season has not been outstanding.

We should not raise him so high until he performs less than expected in competitive outings. The same thing holds with Usman. We saw Usman in the Olympics.

I want to see Nwakali step up his game and perform in the top flight.

Usman could just be another flash in the pan. One thing about him is that he always sometimes put in a breathtaking performance and soon he will disappear. However, K Nwakali and his brother C. Nwakali are legit but I will not take neither to world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:37pm On May 23, 2018
elyte89:

I am tempted to take him and I probably would if there wasnt enough supply of midfielders but he can wait. Agu is even ahead of both brothers as at this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:38pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Bia this man..... Lol... You don dey go round the mansion in subtle manner seeking votes for Nwakai K. abi?

Be kiaful... Let that boy grow into his time... Abeg.

I jjst dey notice your movements from my corner here... I dey see everything. kwantinue...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,lol,baba don catch me grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:40pm On May 23, 2018
Ebube Duru gives me a lot of hope on that left back...Tall,strong and a solid baller but above is his calmness and confidence when he is with the calll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:41pm On May 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Bros, dont let anybody deceive you. The percentage of Nigeria women who are wearing their hair natural is not even up to 5% of the whole female population. Most Nigeria girls I hve spoken to about it says the black woman natural hair is ugly,mgbeke-ish, nappy and the white womans weave ons are classy. The only place you see women wearing natural hair proudly is in the north and this applies to only the poor.

Every body living on this planet knows the black woman hate her skin color thats why she bleach, hate her eye color thats why they add contact lens, hates her hair thats why she buys a fake piece of hair and glue or stich it into a natural hair. These are all signs of low self esteem...The Koreans that made the hair feels the blacks have inferior hair thats why they cover it up. The whites feel pity for their insatiable nature and obsession about hair and how they walk around with fake hair hanging on their heads.....this sshit is so funny,it took my wife a while to understand how silly she looks with those European-ish on her head. She cut her hair and went natural,now all her friends want to go natural because of how beautiful her hair looks and our daughter's and I have to learn how to make hair because I have a wife and two daughters. I can count up to 4 girls who blocked me on FB because of this matter.
the funniest part of it is that the money spent on these foreign hairs if saved for a year can give Nigeria a dualised express road that spans from Lagos to Maiduguri.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:43pm On May 23, 2018
andrew444:

He will never bench stuani and he is not better than stuani we all know that,they play a 5-3-2 formation,why cant he bench the other striker? I am not saying he is a bad player,please can you push this question you just ask me to forgiveness because he is in a better position to answer

You don't yet arguing blindly. Carry your cross.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:44pm On May 23, 2018
I can see why Salisu changed Alhassan, he was shaky and lost few posession, however, he should have been given more time to settle in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44pm On May 23, 2018
I agree because he definitely improved as the game wore on. He started shakily but began showing his stuff.

So Hon. OdenigboAroli... (I have missed that moniker of yours grin ) ... What sayest thou on Ebere's replacement in the second half, Ikuowem Utin Udoh?

OMANBALA1:
Ebube Duru gives me a lot of hope on that left back...Tall,strong and a solid baller but above is his calmness and confidence when he is with the calll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:45pm On May 23, 2018
andrew444:

So being a player of the week just once change a player from being a flop? Clap for your self

The same forgiveness called nwakali a flop for only scoring 4 goals all season and he his a midfielder,but the same kayode scored 4 goals all season and he is not a flop, player of the week look like a trophy in your eyes.

Where did he score the 4 goals? In Eredivise or lowly Eredivisie second division?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2018
elyte89:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,lol,baba don catch me grin grin grin grin grin

I see it all my good man... I see it all... cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:50pm On May 23, 2018
Joebie:
madam my wife today has been a TeamNatural for over four years. But my point is if ladies in naija have lots of money would they rather go TeamNatural, or would they buy the really expensive hairs? And there is a reason why I mentioned Afrohair wigs.. I know all about the problem of maintenance and all those stuff. Most of our ladies today that wear wigs, do they have AfroWigs on? You seem to be talking only about your school, and what is trendy. i'm only exploring the mindset, what we have done in the past, and what we would do all things being equal.

is your wife in Nigeria permanently? Is her natural hair loose or is it in locks?

Of course, there are wealthy ladies who have been team natural for years, they fix at times as well. Is Adesua Etomi not in that league?

I am talking about my school because that is the small pool I am in, and it is not a private school, so many of them going natural no be because dem get bastard money

People are different, you cannot hold everyone to your standards, can you? And sincerely, nobody should be telling anyone how to best prove they are proud of their race or their colours, if not, let us kuku say that people who leave the shores of Africa are not proud of their race undecided

The white girls doing botox to have full lips, let us say, they are not proud of their features, same as the white people who tan their skin. They are no better than black bleachers.

My point is, a joke is just that, a joke. It should mean nothing to you, it should be viewed and forgotten. If you take everything to heart, you'll have a heart attack......I should remember this the next time I feel like explaining myself grin

Good night Joe smiley

BTW: I'm watching Samson, and for some ridiculous reason, the lead male and female are nowhere near the level of beauty those in the Bible are reputed to have had. Watching some ugly Samson and basic Delilah undecided. They should have gotten Jason Momoa to play Samson

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:50pm On May 23, 2018
andrew444:

Lol so he was not played in the right position in girona? Lol

My prayer is that he should be signed permanent at shaktar not all this team of the week issues you are talking about.

When ndidi won leichester city player of the year for the second time in a row i didnt hear noise oo,but just because one player was in team of the week we no go hear word.

Why are all praying he signs permanently with Shahktar Donetsk?

You still don't believe he can play in Man City but you believe some players can make Real Madrid team? grin

Be deceiving yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:52pm On May 23, 2018
AIG07:
the funniest part of it is that the money spent on these foreign hairs if saved for a year can give Nigeria a dualised express road that spans from Lagos to Maiduguri.

The weave industry in America is worth well over 600 million dollars!! And who owns these businesses.....Koreans. That are making a killing off the black peoples insecurity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:56pm On May 23, 2018
andrew444:

If ndidi na yoruba boy forgiveness no go allow us hear word,ordinary laliga team of the week be like balon d or award

I see. Joel Obi is Yari.ba, ba?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:57pm On May 23, 2018
AIG07:
foreign hair get range and most girls cannot afford the range you are talking of. E no pass 3% of girls that can buy that range of foreign hair.

Maintaining natural hair is far more expensive than what 80% of ladies can afford

Abeg leave us with our foreign hair, na so una go dey bobo pesin for here about natural hair as if most Nigerian guys appreciate such. Anything girls do in this country, it's because of Nigerian men, to gain the approval of one man or the other. Y'all created the monsters you see today, so, enjoy them grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), chuks404, iamdynamite(m), Iview1 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.