Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709648 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:57pm On May 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I am tempted to take him and I probably would if there wasnt enough supply of midfielders but he can wait. Agu is even ahead of both brothers as at this time
But agu can't make good splitting passes like nwakali?
we need a midfielder that can pass the ball close to the way mikel does...someone that can connect the midfield with the attack...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:02pm On May 23, 2018
Martz101:

bros, performance and preference will always come in place when choosing, a player like Kalu of gent should be there too if we are talking about performance alone.

The coach will only choose 30 and then 23, there is so many good players, he just have to tailor it down.

let me give you an example France constantly play Giroud ahead of Lacazette in the qualifiers while lacazette kept him on the bench in arsenal, the coach preferred giroud because of his system.

Is Samuel Kalu among the top 3 performers in the Belgium pro league this season that he should be there?

I don't think so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:04pm On May 23, 2018
If black men did not spend their waking moments uplifting the beauty of the white woman and spitting at the beauty of the black woman, maybe black women wouldn't spend their own time trying to be like these women their men adore so much.

If black men had appreciated black women, rather than throw aspersions at them, maybe they wouldn't be trying so hard to get someone's approval

Let us not act like it wasn't black men who said Serena Williams looked like a man, they dragged her so much, she ended up with a white man that appreciates her muscles and fake hair.

We can talk about all the ills of the black woman today, but what we will not do, is exonerate the black man from his own role in what became of the women he should have uplifted.

Today, they still call their women ashawo, olosho, and other such names, but they expect to marry a virtuous woman. Call someone a fool long enough, and they start to act like a fool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:05pm On May 23, 2018
Martz101:

oga stuani was recruited just about time they got kayode, kayode had more goal than stauni prior to the move, younger and was expected to perform better than him.

This is the first tine stuani is scoring double figure in europe

Olodo. When did they join Girona?

Person wey join few days to the opening of the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:06pm On May 23, 2018
Martz101:

don't be deceived kayode is still not a starter in Ukraine

Time will tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:07pm On May 23, 2018
somehow:
What are you saying na? Did Stuani ever underperformed while getting started ahead of Kayode? if not, why then would the coach have benched him for Kayode? he scored 21 goals in 33 games.. meaning he was delivering so had no need to be benched.

No mind the two faced double standard fellows.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:08pm On May 23, 2018
safarigirl:
foreign hair get range and most girls cannot afford the range you are talking of. E no pass 3% of girls that can buy that range of foreign hair.

Maintaining natural hair is far more expensive than what 80% of ladies can afford

Abeg leave us with our foreign hair, na so una go dey bobo pesin for here about natural hair as if most Nigerian guys appreciate such. Anything girls do in this country, it's because of Nigerian men, to gain the approval of one man or the other. Y'all created the monsters you see today, so, enjoy them grin.

This is not exactly true but it is a common misconception because most people do not know how to take care of natural hair.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:09pm On May 23, 2018
safarigirl:
foreign hair get range and most girls cannot afford the range you are talking of. E no pass 3% of girls that can buy that range of foreign hair.

Maintaining natural hair is far more expensive than what 80% of ladies can afford

Abeg leave us with our foreign hair, na so una go dey bobo pesin for here about natural hair as if most Nigerian guys appreciate such. Anything girls do in this country, it's because of Nigerian men, to gain the approval of one man or the other. Y'all created the monsters you see today, so, enjoy them grin.
double posts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:10pm On May 23, 2018
tbaba1234:
Eric Cantona and David Ginola were dropped before France 98. Two huge names. They still won the title.

None of the players dropped by Nigeria is as big as either player. Let us focus on the players, we have.

The difference is France and Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:11pm On May 23, 2018
forgiveness:

At 19, he scored 1 goals to help his Isreali team win the league to gain promotion to the top tier. The next season he was the third goal scorer in the Isreali first division.

no, he was struggling with ogunjobi, he was in Asec mimosas
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:12pm On May 23, 2018
Martz101:

Using your words, what makes you think kayode is in Rohr plans, if a very good player can be discarded and all you could say was his not in his plan, then I'm very sure kayode is not in Rohr plan for worldcup.

abi you wan force an to dey him plan?

Is Samuel Kalu among the top 3 Nigerian performing players in the Belgium pro league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:13pm On May 23, 2018
kai.. its not that serious na to cause heart attack.. let me not go on with this.. but I will come hard on the white ladies doing it, as much as the black ladies who are still going through those medical procedures to "boost" their looks..

enjoy your movie jare..

safarigirl:
is your wife in Nigeria permanently? Is her natural hair loose or is it in locks?

Of course, there are wealthy ladies who have been team natural for years, they fix at times as well. Is Adesua Etomi not in that league?

I am talking about my school because that is the small pool I am in, and it is not a private school, so many of them going natural no be because dem get bastard money

People are different, you cannot hold everyone to your standards, can you? And sincerely, nobody should be telling anyone how to best prove they are proud of their race or their colours, if not, let us kuku say that people who leave the shores of Africa are not proud of their race undecided

The white girls doing botox to have full lips, let us say, they are not proud of their features, same as the white people who tan their skin. They are no better than black bleachers.

My point is, a joke is just that, a joke. It should mean nothing to you, it should be viewed and forgotten. If you take everything to heart, you'll have a heart attack......I should remember this the next time I feel like explaining myself grin

Good night Joe smiley

BTW: I'm watching Samson, and for some ridiculous reason, the lead male and female are nowhere near the level of beauty those in the Bible are reputed to have had. Watching some ugly Samson and basic Delilah undecided. They should have gotten Jason Momoa to play Samson
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:14pm On May 23, 2018
somehow:
Because Rohr invited him multiple times unlike Kalu. that says it all.

That he didn't make the 30 man list is based on preference and not performance.

EOD.

GBAM. EOD.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:15pm On May 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Is Samuel Kalu among the top 3 Nigerian performing players in the Belgium pro league?

YES
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2018
Camp Update

Super Eagles now 27 in camp.... awaits Ogu, Moses and Mikel.

The initial report of Ogu hitting camp was made in error.

#2018FIFAWorldCup.
In: Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Ekong, Aina, Echiejile, Ebuehi, Eze, Lokosa, Onazi, Omeruo, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Awaziem, Etebo, Idowu, Joel Obi, Agu, Balogun, Simy Nwankwo, Ighalo, Agbo, Simon, Musa, Shehu.

#SoarSuperEagles.

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 21 days 16 hours 43 mins to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:16pm On May 23, 2018
Guys better news dun land but plz, e no concern d German boys.

Chukwueze to join Villarreal first team for preseason with the view of getting him promoted permanently to the first team

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:16pm On May 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Olodo. When did they join Girona?

Person wey join few days to the opening of the league.

i will assume the olodo was not for me, kayode was in the match day squad for this match against athletico Madrid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On May 23, 2018
Joebie:
Exactly, and you rise through the grades based on your performance on national assignments. Guy, if you are not pulling weight in Team D, but u just started banging goals in your club, should you be promoted to team A automatically?

Just as TheSuperNerd pointed out. There should be indices to select players. Club form can act as a boost. Just as a good and regular quality performances in the grades of the Eagles can push a player up the ladder. Club performances also have their forces to raise the level of a player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:18pm On May 23, 2018
I'm not surprised they were surprised

AIG07:
If no body does, I do appreciate it. Recently, I saw some random ladies, I whispered at them just to get their attention... I walked up to them to tell them how beautiful they are in their natural hair.(not the usual plaiting or afro thing). The surprise that came with my compliment confused me myself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:18pm On May 23, 2018
Humility017:

But agu can make good splitting passes like nwakali?
we need a midfielder that can pass the ball close to the way mikel does...someone that can connect the midfield with the attack...

Agu is equal to the task if you give him the chance but I dont know about his skill level. He is very strong and a better ball player than Onaze and Ndidi,So, if you can pick Ndidi ahead of Nwakali so is Agu. Agu has not been fully tested for like 90 minutes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:19pm On May 23, 2018
Martz101:

where will a so called supporting striker play in our team set up?
4-4-2, 3-5-2. He occupies one of the 2 slots upfront.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:21pm On May 23, 2018
safarigirl:

If no body does, I do appreciate it. Recently, I saw some random ladies, I whispered at them just to get their attention... I walked up to them to tell them how beautiful they are in their natural hair.(not the usual plaiting or afro thing)-this one seems to be a new trend as I have been seeing it on few others . The level of surprise that greeted my compliment confused me myself as if say no one has ever complimented them in their natural Beauty before.

Their is need for awareness on the beauty of the black race and I feel that our media and entertainment industry have major roles to play.

No more should our black women see themselves as inferior to other race due to their skin color, hair and even today sef eye color.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:23pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Camp Update

Super Eagles now 27 in camp.... awaits Ogu, Moses and Mikel.

The initial report of Ogu hitting camp was made in error.

#2018FIFAWorldCup.
In: Ezenwa, Akpeyi, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Ekong, Aina, Echiejile, Ebuehi, Eze, Lokosa, Onazi, Omeruo, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Awaziem, Etebo, Idowu, Joel Obi, Agu, Balogun, Simy Nwankwo, Ighalo, Agbo, Simon, Musa, Shehu.

#SoarSuperEagles.

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 21 days 16 hours 43 mins to go
for those looking for Mikel, he is somewhere in Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:23pm On May 23, 2018
safarigirl:
If black men did not spend their waking moments uplifting the beauty of the white woman and spitting at the beauty of the black woman, maybe black women wouldn't spend their own time trying to be like these women their men adore so much.

If black men had appreciated black women, rather than throw aspersions at them, maybe they wouldn't be trying so hard to get someone's approval

Let us not act like it wasn't black men who said Serena Williams looked like a man, they dragged her so much, she ended up with a white man that appreciates her muscles and fake hair.

We can talk about all the ills of the black woman today, but what we will not do, is exonerate the black man from his own role in what became of the women he should have uplifted.

Today, they still call their women ashawo, olosho, and other such names, but they expect to marry a virtuous woman. Call someone a fool long enough, and they start to act like a fool

Serena Williams is beautiful but too muscular for me and nobody should make you change the way you view yourself. I consider black women the most beautiful due to their bone structure, skin color and beautiful afro hair but they hate everything that make men love them and then turn around and blame the men and says WE HATE OURSELVES BECAUSE YOU LOVE WHITE WOMEN AND GIVE THEM ATTENTION. What is the percentage of black men married to white women?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:24pm On May 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
4-4-2, 3-5-2. He occupies one of the 2 slots upfront.

we are still saying the same, his a striker that can play in the supporting role
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:26pm On May 23, 2018
The last paragraph.. u spoke the truth.. when i complain about our mentality i'm speaking generally, not limiting it to the ladies. kai many Nigerian men still prefer light skinned women.. Warri go say shuo!!!.. why is light skinned women better? I'm not saying darker women are better either.. SAME PROBLEM. Hence, you are right.. if the most of us men go for women that celebrate black beauty in all regard, our ladies would rather opt to be truly beautiful.

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:28pm On May 23, 2018
AIG07:
If no body does, I do appreciate it. Recently, I saw some random ladies, I whispered at them just to get their attention... I walked up to them to tell them how beautiful they are in their natural hair.(not the usual plaiting or afro thing)-this one seems to be a new trend as I have been seeing it on few others . The level of surprise that greeted my compliment confused me myself as if say no one has ever complimented them in their natural Beauty before.

Their is need for awareness on the beauty of the black race and I feel that our media and entertainment industry have major roles to play.

No more should our black women see themselves as inferior to other race due to their skin color, hair and even today sef eye color.

I don screw one black(when I was single... grin grin) woman before just because I started a conversation with YOUR HAIR LOOK GLAMOROUS....And she was shocked and that was disturbing because her hair was so dark,tough and beautiful but she though I was kidding because she didnt even know her hair was beautiful because you rarely see a black woman with natural hair.

Do you also know the white people think black hair is beautiful ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:30pm On May 23, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Agu is equal to the task if you give him the chance but I dont know about his skill level. He is very strong and a better ball player than Onaze and Ndidi,So, if you can pick Ndidi ahead of Nwakali so is Agu. Agu has not been fully tested for like 90 minutes
bros abeg may we gently talk this one...
you mean agu can pass the ball better than nwakali....?
I bet you had it been agu played yesterday he won't have fair better than nwakali.
I will really want nwakali to get same few minutes agu have got in the GWG...you will see the difference....
yesterday nwakali made me feel Mikel"a presence on that pitch.. his ball control and killer passes was top notch
agu and co DM and sometimes play CM too but nwakali is an AM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31pm On May 23, 2018
ChrisKels:
Guys better news dun land but plz, e no concern d German boys.

Chukwueze to join Villarreal first team for preseason with the view of getting him promoted permanently to the first team

This is sweet news.... So sweet in fact... Just what I was asking and seriously hoping for after Sir Tbaba1234 dropped his clips links here...

Chaaiiiii... This news is totori-ing me... That kid's monstrous potentials must blossom by fire by force... So that we can enjoy much more sweetness... Ahhh... Sweetness unlimited...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:34pm On May 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I agree because he definitely improved as the game wore on. He started shakily but began showing his stuff.

So Hon. OdenigboAroli... (I have missed that moniker of yours grin ) ... What sayest thou on Ebere's replacement in the second half, Ikuowem Utin Udoh?

Ikuowen Utin Udoh is more attack minded while Dure Ebube is your classic left back. Ikuowen will be more effective in LWB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:34pm On May 23, 2018
both.. alright

TheGoodJoe:

Just as TheSuperNerd pointed out. There should be indices to select players. Club form can act as a boost. Just as a good and regular quality performances in the grades of the Eagles can push a player up the ladder. Club performances also have their forces to raise the level of a player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:35pm On May 23, 2018
I agree
OMANBALA1:

Ikuowen Utin Udoh is more attack minded while Dure Ebube is your classic left back. Ikuowen will be more effective in LWB.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Impeccable5248(m), AlbertoIancu, chrisooblog and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.