Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787401 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:05pm On May 25, 2018
andrew444:

Lol bros who b dat guy? as world cup don near many troll don enter here ooo,make dem no dey respond to am nah,dem get time

A bunch of people with a defeatist mindset.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:06pm On May 25, 2018
Petrobros:

The bolded is exactly the point.

See, I used to defend him myself before. You are relatively new on this thread. The oldies here know him better.

Which of the oldies? grin

I wan see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:08pm On May 25, 2018
Certitude:

Not sure bout that.

Ok I see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:11pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
how many times has anyone insisted Nwakali be called up to the Super Eagles? What kind of nonsense example is that?

Abeg, calm down, wetin? See as you dey carry another pesin matter for head, where is the person you're defending? You think he isn't used to the accusations?

When people say I'm rude, I don't see you defending me. Why?

There is no admin here, this place is not a WhatsApp group.
When you were disrespected on here, the person responsible was rightly banned. Because he keeps quiet and he's used to it means it's right? If you had kept quiet and ignored it, you think it'll be all good?? Are you saying no one has ever defended you when you you're called rude?? Oh and there is a mod of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:
Meanwhile I am supporting Liverpool wholeheartedly to win the champions league tomorrow.

I love Zizou but e don do.

I will not even watch the game because i am tired of this madrid stuff,thou if its my team i will be happy.

But its becoming boring to champions league if they win again tomorrow,i will just peep the scores and hope for liverpool to win but my mind is telling me madrid and i dont want that to happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:12pm On May 25, 2018
This one wey Moses Simon get niggling injury, make Rohr call Onyekuru ASAP biko

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:12pm On May 25, 2018
Legendary Players

Gerd Muller (Striker) Germany, Top WC goalscorer for a long time before he was overtaken by Ronaldo and Klose. 14 WC goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faF4off8I1k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:
Meanwhile I am supporting Liverpool wholeheartedly to win the champions league tomorrow.

hehehe why na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
how many times has anyone insisted Nwakali be called up to the Super Eagles? What kind of nonsense example is that?

Abeg, calm down, wetin? See as you dey carry another pesin matter for head, where is the person you're defending? You think he isn't used to the accusations?

When people say I'm rude, I don't see you defending me. Why?

There is no admin here, this place is not a WhatsApp group.
What edi287 said is the truth. It's not about whether forgiveness is used to it. The question is, is it right, this unceasing accusations?

He's come out to say his children's language is eastern, his wife is Niger deltan.

And yes Humility017 called even pleaded for Nwakali's inclusion (of course out of a clean mind) but the point edi287 is making is that if forgiveness were to do that he'd be called a tribalist and it's easy for non regulars to settle into the mental frame some of us have created here to accuse forgiveness of tribalism and this must stop.

I couldn't bear komekn's views. I stopped reading them.

This accusations must end. It does the thread no good.

And you saying edi287 didn't come to your defence is to me a bit disingenuous cos the context in which the incident you are referring to played out is quite different from this diffused accusation going on here. Even at that many people, not one, not two defended you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:16pm On May 25, 2018
I will like Eze to partner Omeruo against old Zaire on Monday bkus I believe the battle is between them. Balo-Kong and Awaz are sure bets already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:17pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
person way never play competitive march since December last yr?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
asha80:
hehehe why na
Like andrew444 said it's getting boring. We need a disruption.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:

When you were disrespected on here, the person responsible was rightly banned. Because he keeps quiet and he's used to it means it's right? If you had kept quiet and ignored it, you think it'll be all good?? Are you saying no one has ever defended you when you you're called rude?? Oh and there is a mod of this thread.
does the defense change anything? No!

People have preconceived notions of others, I bet you are one of those who thinks I'm rude too, that's why you don't say a word when I am under attack. Same way, some think forgiveness is a tribalist, it is okay to defend him, but when you stoop to insulting people in his defense, you lose the plot.

Please, how many times has anyone been banned for insulting me?

Maybe the mod thinks he's a tribalist as well grin. Lemme goan call them to ban all of you that have been insulting each other here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
Nigeria Target Ovie Ejaria Pulls Out Of England U21 Squad Ahead of Toulon Tournament after failing to recover from injury

--ANS
what has happened to this tournament. Some years back, Nigeria do participate. I don't know why we've not been featuring. Has the invitation stopped coming?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

No one outside the 30 will be called.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:
Legendary Players

Gerd Muller (Striker) Germany, Top WC goalscorer for a long time before he was overtaken by Ronaldo and Klose. 14 WC goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faF4off8I1k
short man devil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:21pm On May 25, 2018
All sides please exercise restraint.

Those calling forgiveness tribalist, how many times have they canvassed for a player that is not of their tribe, or at least canvassed for a Yoruba player, or praised a Yoruba player that performs well on national duty? Should we ask you to dig out your posts where you have? Please it's unnecessary. I have asked forgiveness a couple times now to drop the Kayode thing becuase if he keeps on doing that it will distract us from cheering the SE in Russia (which should be our focus now). A number of us here want to keep updating the thread with rich content. We are the reason why there are many on ghost mode. People want to feed off from our discussions and analysis, or at least they want to be informed.

When Russia starts proper we will be arguing about the performance of our players, not about the players that did not make the list in the first place. Let's move with the topic at hand. Can we stay with the camp updates as much as we can? This is the only reason why I've begged forgiveness to drop the kayode talk. That talk was appropriate when the list was about to be named or during the qualifiers. I know for sure that there are many tribalists on this thread. If we really want to know we can check their posts on other threads. But I don't care what you do in your kitchen, as long as you don't bring your kitchen knife to the public place. The Super Eagles is representing Nigeria an no particular section of the country. We have top administrators from different sections of the country in the NFF. I am first a Nigerian, before an Urhobo from Delta State. I was the first to say Etebo rode on that Algerian making him a beast of burden, and that he performed poorly that day. I have criticised Omeruo several times. I've called for Efe Ambrose, and later turned my back on him in my discussions. Just recently I also said Ejaria won't have pulled what Nwakali pulled off against Atleti. Josh "Tega" Onomah is also of my tribe. I've never canvassed for him. I've hardly called for Championship players except Aina. Does this mean I'm not proud of where I come from? nada.. I love my people to death.. but I'm first a Nigerian. It's only this mentality that can move this country forward. I appreciate our diversity and I usually call people out, when they seem not to do so. We are intelligent people here, we can memorize big grammar and terminologies. Same way I know we can spell the name of our players. If you are going to call my name in real life, you better have the interest to learn how to pronounce it just as you would expect me to know your name.

So friends please.. Let's focus on the topic at hand.. We will have side talks here and there.. but tribalistic stuff and political stuffs are very touchy subjects that will keep us divided at least on this thread. Let's unitedly stand behind our beloved Super Eagles, not saying we cannot disagree to agree . However, if you are not truly a fan please take a chill pill.

edi287:
I don't know who the admin is, but it's about time we talked about this nonsense.
I don't always agree with Forgiveness - Infact I doubt there is anyone who agrees a 100 percent with others say on here, but this "tribalist" bullshit has gone on long enough. It makes it look like this thread is mostly an "igbo thread" which is bullshit seeing that I'm igbo myself.
How many times have we had someone get called a tribalist for insisting Nwakali gets invited to the SE? But forgiveness or even Komekn mention Sone Aluko, Obafemi Martins, etc they'll get called tribalist and we'll just sweep it under the carpet like it's not a big deal??
If not, how would that pea brained mofo just come in all of a sudden and vehemently state Forgiveness is a tribalist and I'm Yoruba because I'm defending him?? The clown should've been blocked the moment he said that ish.
Enough is enough. I will insult his ancestors until either or both of us are banned.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

wasere !!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

What edi287 said is the truth. It's not about whether forgiveness is used to it. The question is, is it right, this unceasing accusations?

He's come out to say his children's language is eastern, his wife is Niger deltan.

And yes Humility017 called even pleaded for Nwakali's inclusion (of course out of a clean mind) but the point edi287 is making is that if forgiveness were to do that he'd be called a tribalist and it's easy for non regulars to settle into the mental frame some of us have created here to accuse forgiveness of tribalism and this must stop.

Good point.

Humility pleaded for nwakali inclusion and nobody will call him a tribalist ask me why? Because you will not see humility downgrade others players and bring up his own just as forgiveness always do.

I defended nwakali when forgiveness call him a flop and i am still the same person that says nwakali doesnt deserve a spot still after the world cup,I will not praise mr A and bring down Mr B.

Everybody has their own opinion.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:24pm On May 25, 2018
I think it's purely based on invitation. We are invited sometimes.

AIG07:
what has happened to this tournament. Some years back, Nigeria do participate. I don't know why we've not been featuring. Has the invitation stopped coming?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:

Those calling forgiveness tribalist, how many times have they canvassed for a player that is not of their tribe, or at least canvassed for a Yoruba player, or praised a Yoruba player that performs well on national duty? Should we ask you to dig out your posts where you have? Please it's unnecessary. I have asked forgiveness a couple times now to drop the Kayode thing becuase if he keeps on doing that it will distract us from cheering the SE in Russia (which should be our focus now). A number of us here want to keep updating the thread with rich content. We are the reason why there are many on ghost mode. People want to feed off from our discussions and analysis, or at least they want to be informed.

When Russia starts proper we will be arguing about the performance of our players, not about the players that did not make the list in the first place. Let's move with the topic at hand. Can we stay with the camp updates as much as we can? This is the only reason why I've begged forgiveness to drop the kayode talk. That talk was appropriate when the list was about to be named or during the qualifiers. I know for sure that there are many tribalists on this thread. If we really want to know we can check their posts on other threads. But I don't care what you do in your kitchen, as long as you don't bring your kitchen knife to the public place. The Super Eagles is representing Nigeria an no particular section of the country. We have top administrators from different sections of the country in the NFF. I am first a Nigerian, before an Urhobo from Delta State. I was the first to say Etebo rode on that Algerian making him a beast of burden, and that he performed poorly that day. I have criticised Omeruo several times. I've called for Efe Ambrose, and later turned my back on him in my discussions. Just recently I also said Ejaria won't have pulled what Nwakali pulled off against Atleti. Josh "Tega" Onomah is also of my tribe. I've never canvassed for him. I've hardly called for Championship players except Aina. Does this mean I'm not proud of where I come from? nada.. I love my people to death.. but I'm first a Nigerian. It's only this mentality that can move this country forward. I appreciate our diversity and I usually call people out, when they seem not to do so. We are intelligent people here, we can memorize big grammar and terminologies. Same way I know we can spell the name of our players. If you are going to call my name in real life, you better have the interest to learn how to pronounce it just as you would expect me to know your name.

So friends please.. Let's focus on the topic at hand.. We will have side talks here and there.. but tribalistic stuff and political stuffs are very touchy subjects that will keep us divided at least on this thread. Let's unitedly stand behind our beloved Super Eagles, not saying we cannot disagree to agree . However, if you are not truly a fan please take a chill pill.

I am a big fan of moses simon and i think he is yoruba,i once argued with someone that moses simon is ahead of samuel kalu that kalu will not be invited despite kalu stealing the show at gent when moses simon is injured.

I am not even Igbo,i am a guy from delta state.

Everybody got player they love,but you cannot just say that gernot rohr did not call Mr A and tell me that Mr B that is being called up is bad and its partial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Like andrew444 said it's getting boring. We need a disruption.
maybe just maybe we have to give zidane some accolades.. not easy winning ucl back to back and reaching another final at a stretch.. I feel Liverpool's attack unlike athletico and juve previously is going to really test Madrid's defence.. the trio of mane, firming and Salah have been devastating but can Liverpool defence withstand Madrid?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:25pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:

You have spoken well. Chewing the kolanut at all the right spots.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:26pm On May 25, 2018
Forgiveness only called Nwakali a flop in the context of club football na.. Or let me rather ask him, how would you rate K. Nwakali's performance against Atleti?
andrew444:

Good point.

Humility pleaded for nwakali inclusion and nobody will call him a tribalist ask me why? Because you will not see humility downgrade others players and bring up his own just as forgiveness always do.

I defended nwakali when forgiveness call him a flop and i am still the same person that says nwakali doesnt deserve a spot still after the world cup,I will not praise mr A and bring down Mr B.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol akpamu, just be positive and stop insulting the team and its fans. Be a man and stop acting like a kid. Remember, o bughi so onye nwuru anwu ka a na-edozi olu hence, the wise always heed good advice. Atuoru omara, o mara...nihi na okuko tujoo, o tukwa ma o bu tujie olu ya. Ka ihe n'ile tara na-abali buru anwunta, ka udo chia.

Ugwu kwa ka oha m n'onu.
nwoke ka iwu mana ta Wu we die here day ....The truth should never be discarded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:27pm On May 25, 2018
Awaziem proving to be the best deadballist in camp with his ability to bend the ball either ways with top notch accuracy Dat gives the keepers big headaches. It is no surprise bkus he did it several times for Nantes this past season.

It's a plus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Oga, if you are not for us then you are against us.

This is a thread of the national team faithfuls, created by the national team faithfuls for the national team faithfuls.

So if you are not a national team faithful the exit door is open before you.

We are not interested in your negative comments about our beloved national team and so your comments do not count here.

HOUSE PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS MONIKER NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

He is of no value to us here.

And same goes for his cohorts.

cc: edi287
holy ghost thunder shake your brain there !!!
Did you buy me data or are you Seun?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2018
andrew444:

Good point.

I want to understand what you mean by bringing down other players.

when the argument started, forgiveness listed the stats behind Iheanacho's season as well as that of Kayode and Simi Nwankwo and concluded quite intelligently that Kayode deserved a call up. Then the argument turned into Kayode not being better than any other player on the list and since anything on this thread that questions Iheanacho's abilities is a hate speech he was immediately called a hater forgetting the fact that he actually also argued against Simi's call up as well. statistically he is correct Kayode did well. so please do tell me how he is bringing down other players

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:28pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
does the defense change anything? No!

People have preconceived notions of others, I bet you are one of those who thinks I'm rude too, that's why you don't say a word when I am under attack. Same way, some think forgiveness is a tribalist, it is okay to defend him, but when you stoop to insulting people in his defense, you lose the plot.

Please, how many times has anyone been banned for insulting me?

Maybe the mod thinks he's a tribalist as well grin. Lemme goan call them to ban all of you that have been insulting each other here
grin grin seriously I replied with insults because he automatically tagged me as Yoruba (I'm a 100 percent igbo) because I was defending Forgiveness. Two people did that...of course I'll be pissed.
As for you being rude, well... grin grin Just joking I don't think so. You get sharp mouth. 2 different things...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:28pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

humility calling for Nwakali's inclusion just today, is what you want to compare to a 5-7 days Kayode rant? And it is not that this is the first time forgiveness is doing that. Abi, we want to have selective amnesia now?

If humility constantly brought up Nwakali or some other Igbo person, he would be called a tribalist. Omanbala has been called a tribalist here as well, did he deny it? Bear in mind, he does not even show himself as much as Onigbinde. Komekn is called Southgate here, it is for a reason. Not one soul has ever defended komekn, why?

And please, coming from various ethnicities does not mean that one cannot be biased towards a certain ethnic group.

That is why he is an ethnocentrist. A tribalist would mean he hates other tribes, which is a lie. He doesn't hate other tribes, he just wants his ethnic group to be recognised.

BTW, it is wrong to assume that people's opinions are being influenced by others. People have their own minds, don't insult them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:29pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
I think it's purely based on invitation. We are invited sometimes.

The French are tired of us. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
Forgiveness only called Nwakali a flop in the context of club football na.. Or let me rather ask him, how would you rate K. Nwakali's performance against Atleti?

He call him a flop thats fine and its his own opinion.

But if you call his favorite player a flop with no goals he wont agree.

Calling a Midfielder a flop saying he doesnt score much goals,Lol

A player who scored 4 goals this season,even his favorite striker did not score more than 4 goals all season.

Make i end here abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.