Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787087 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:30pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:

grin grin seriously I replied with insults because he automatically tagged me as Yoruba (I'm a 100 percent igbo) because I was defending Forgiveness. Two people did that...of course I'll be pissed.
As for you being rude, well... grin grin Just joking I don't think so. You get sharp mouth. 2 different things...
is if bad to be Yoruba? Why was it now vexing you? Ehn, while you're defending forgiveness, you have to be a Babatunde, after all, haddwerk insulted our team, and he automatically became a Kwame

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:31pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
is if bad to be Yoruba? Why was it now vexing you? Ehn, while you're defending forgiveness, you have to be a Babatunde, after all, haddwerk insulted our team, and he automatically became a Kwame
I don't mind being Yoruba. I have a problem with the lack of logic behind that statement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:32pm On May 25, 2018
hardwerk:
nwoke ka iwu mana ta Wu we die here day ....The truth should never be discarded

Nobody dey die nwoke oma imi ya kwu oto dika cigar. Let's talk footie, it's fun and yummy. Now tell me, who do u think should be dropped between Eze and Omeruo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2018
Mickael2:

I want to understand what you mean by bringing down other players.

when the argument started, forgiveness listed the stats behind Iheanacho's season as well as that of Kayode and Simi Nwankwo and concluded quite intelligently that Kayode deserved a call up. Then the argument turned into Kayode not being better than any other player on the list and since anything on this thread that questions Iheanacho's abilities is a hate speech he was immediately called a hater forgetting the fact that he actually also argued against Simi's call up as well. statistically he is correct Kayode did well. so please do tell me how he is bringing down other players

I will not say much because if i say this wont end well.

I have pour out my own opinion okay.

Take it or leave it

GBAM

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:33pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:

grin grin seriously I replied with insults because he automatically tagged me as Yoruba (I'm a 100 percent igbo) because I was defending Forgiveness. Two people did that...of course I'll be pissed.
As for you being rude, well... grin grin Just joking I don't think so. You get sharp mouth. 2 different things...
Baba, let it slide. You don't need to waste your energy on things that do not matter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:33pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:

I don't mind being Yoruba. I have a problem with the lack of logic behind that statement.
my dear, I've been called a lesbian on Nairaland because I dragged men, you need to realise that most people here aren't logical....I mean, they're hardly sane, and you are looking for logic undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:33pm On May 25, 2018
andrew444:

Good point.

Humility pleaded for nwakali inclusion and nobody will call him a tribalist ask me why? Because you will not see humility downgrade others players and bring up his own just as forgiveness always do.

I defended nwakali when forgiveness call him a flop and i am still the same person that says nwakali doesnt deserve a spot still after the world cup,I will not praise mr A and bring down Mr B.

Everybody has their own opinion.

Yes everybody has their opinion but one thing I know about forgiveness is that as much as possible he sticks with the data and statistics.

You said Nwakali is not a flop. Forgiveness says he's a flop. Somehow yours is an opinion but forgiveness'is tribalism.
Haba. This is precisely what forgiveness fights against - this unbalanced way of looking at things, this deliberate blind siding some of us indulge in. When he calls us out to on it instead of tackling him, we scream 'tribalist, tribalist'
I myself in my exasperation with his tangy points once called him a tribalist but I don't think he's a tribalist. He is subtle and you need to be careful in reading him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Yes everybody has their opinion but one thing I know about forgiveness is that as much as possible he sticks with the data and statistics.

You said Nwakali is not a flop. Forgiveness says he's a flop. Somehow yours is an opinion but forgiveness'is tribalism.
Haba. This is precisely what forgiveness fights against - this unbalanced way of looking at things, this deliberate blind siding some of us indulge in. When he calls us out to it, instead of tackling him, we scream 'tribalist, tribalist'
I myself in my exasperation with his tangy points once called him a tribalist but I don't think he's a tribalist. He is subtle and you need to be careful in reading him.

If i talk this thing from now till tomorrow e no go end lol

If you call nwakali a flop because of less game time 9 match and 1 goal then what will you call someone with 12 match more minutes and ZERO goals,such is regarded as great player.

No only that they are many but i will not say.

Over and out

GBAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:38pm On May 25, 2018
There is a big news guys but I won't break it until Nerdy boy and Joebie show up. E dun dey happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:38pm On May 25, 2018
Mickael2:

I want to understand what you mean by bringing down other players.

when the argument started, forgiveness listed the stats behind Iheanacho's season as well as that of Kayode and Simi Nwankwo and concluded quite intelligently that Kayode deserved a call up. Then the argument turned into Kayode not being better than any other player on the list and since anything on this thread that questions Iheanacho's abilities is a hate speech he was immediately called a hater forgetting the fact that he actually also argued against Simi's call up as well. statistically he is correct Kayode did well. so please do tell me how he is bringing down other players
ehen, let me correct the one I can correct

Forgiveness listed Simy and Iheanacho's stats, from a FULL season, and compared it to Kayode's stats from HALF the season and concluded, quite CUNNINGLY, that Kayode deserved a call up.

Selective amnesia issa bastard

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:39pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
There is a big news guys but I won't break it until Nerdy boy and Joebie show up. E dun dey happen
abeg shift. You dey always get big news wey no dey break or wey get k-leg. We still dey wait the German boys wey you say dey Rohr plans angry

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Haba. This is precisely what forgiveness fights against - this unbalanced way of looking at things, this deliberate blind siding some of us indulge in. When he calls us out to it, instead of tackling him, we scream 'tribalist, tribalist'

the talk get as e be.

OK statistically Kayode had a better season than some of the players we invited so what's wrong with forgiveness pointing to that as a credible reason for his call up to the national team?

Then some will say that national team form is all that matters but how many opportunities has he had to hut form for the national team?

On the other hand, Iheanacho's had a bad season but then we give excuses like no preseason, injury and lack of game time ( all of which Kayode suffered at some point as well) and if forgiveness uses the same logic for Larry he is a tribalist. It used to be funny now it isn't anymore but then that's why this country is in a mess. see me now I have to function twice as normal because JOHESU don go strike, keeping me occupied much more than usual, no love in this country

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:40pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
humility calling for Nwakali's inclusion just today, is what you want to compare to a 5-7 days Kayode rant? And it is not that this is the first time forgiveness is doing that. Abi, we want to have selective amnesia now?

If humility constantly brought up Nwakali or some other Igbo person, he would be called a tribalist. Omanbala has been called a tribalist here as well, did he deny it? Bear in mind, he does not even show himself as much as Onigbinde. Komekn is called Southgate here, it is for a reason. Not one soul has ever defended komekn, why?

And please, coming from various ethnicities does not mean that one cannot be biased towards a certain ethnic group.

That is why he is an ethnocentrist. A tribalist would mean he hates other tribes, which is a lie. He doesn't hate other tribes, he just wants his ethnic group to be recognised.

BTW, it is wrong to assume that people's opinions are being influenced by others. People have their own minds, don't insult them.

Ethnocentrist- I have said that much about loving one's own without hating others. In fact if you don't love your own you are a fool.
I am satisfied with your views.

People have defended him oo.

Forgiveness is actually not one to be defended. He's just a crazy guy. But the accusations is coming from Nigerians. We are all guilty, more or less.

It's
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
This one wey Moses Simon get niggling injury, make Rohr call Onyekuru ASAP biko

Rohr must invite Onyekuru to prove that he is not Corrupt. If he still ignores Onyekuru after he topped the Belgium league with goals even when his Coach didn't believe in him, then Genort Rorh is being controled by NFF cool cool cool cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Nobody dey die nwoke oma imi ya kwu oto dika cigar. Let's talk footie, it's fun and yummy. Now tell me, who do u think should be dropped between Eze and Omeruo?
I think Obiorah Nwachukwu should be dropped tbh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:45pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
you must break this one o grin angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
ehen, let me correct the one I can correct

Forgiveness listed Simy and Iheanacho's stats, from a FULL season, and compared it to Kayode's stats from HALF the season and concluded, quite CUNNINGLY, that Kayode deserved a call up.

Selective amnesia issa bastard

no offence oh but you are the one who is having selective amnesia.

At some point forgiveness did point out that Kayode had a better first half of the season than Iheanacho although both got roughly the same minutes on the pitch. How many goals did Iheanacho score in the first half of the season and what changes would it have made to the stats he listed? if anything it would have made it worse because it would have reduced his goals per minute ratio lower than the poor level he managed in the second half .

May I recommend that you reduce your alcohol intake if any, eat more protein and get one or two bottles for multivitamins, it really helps with amnesia

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:48pm On May 25, 2018
andrew444:

If i talk this thing from now till tomorrow e no go end lol

If you call nwakali a flop because of less game time 9 match and 1 goal then what will you call someone with 12 match more minutes and ZERO goals,such is regarded as great player.

No only that they are many but i will not say.

Over and out

GBAM
It's still his opinion. Days ago one guy came here talking Jay Jay down. It was the most absurd opinion I'd read in a long time. In fact I felt the guy was an idiot but ultimately that was his opinion.

Argue with somebody till the end not that once the person gives you a choke hold you start screaming and crying tribalist, tribalist just because that sells here. It's weak to do that.

I am indifferent to Kayode. Infact forgiveness is making me tilt towards not liking him but please resist the temptation to take the part of least resistance and if you can help it, avoid reading him. No be by force.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:48pm On May 25, 2018
Mickael2:

the talk get as e be.

OK statistically Kayode had a better season than some of the players we invited so what's wrong with forgiveness pointing to that as a credible reason for his call up to the national team?

Then some will say that national team form is all that matters but how many opportunities has he had to hut form for the national team?

On the other hand, Iheanacho's had a bad season but then we give excuses like no preseason, injury and lack of game time ( all of which Kayode suffered at some point as well) and if forgiveness uses the same logic for Larry he is a tribalist. It used to be funny now it isn't anymore but then that's why this country is in a mess. see me now I have to function twice as normal because JOHESU don go strike, keeping me occupied much more than usual, no love in this country
when did Kayode suffer injury?

People that have sense already told forgiveness why Kelechi is in the list as opposed to Kayode, but some people no free hear word

Statistically, Niangollan had a better season than others in the Belgian team, he dey list? Statistically, Icardi also had a better season than others in the Argentine team, he dey list?

So, what exceptional thing did Kayode do that we will not hear word on this thread?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:48pm On May 25, 2018
Another amnesia wahala don dey load dey come.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:51pm On May 25, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Why didnt you use the Nigerian government who were fully backed by the Britain to see that their artificially manufactured country stay intact to protect their interest. You had to use Biafra to ridicule the easterners but we all know how the war started way before France sent few items to assist an almost decimated people. Nigga, watch the next thing you type here and I am being civil for the last time!

I used that as an example because I watched the live interview of that French man's confession about how they sponsored and removed Francophone countries Presidents that goes against their will and he also mentioned Nigeria. That's all.

I don't think it was my intention to ridicule the Easterners neither to conceal the agenda of the British.

I already implicated the British by saying countries that formed artificial African countries.

Therefore, I don't understand where you see me ridicule the Easterner and the reason behind your threat. Abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:51pm On May 25, 2018
lol ANS has a headline, "blow by blow".. na that one u dey talk about? abeg anyone get big gist make he knack am oh.. nobody has the monopoly of posting special reports here.. grin

Mujtahida:
Joebie I still the wait for the blow by blow report as per the headline ooo. Na only blow I don see not blow by blow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:51pm On May 25, 2018
Mickael2:

no offence oh but you are the one who is having selective amnesia.

At some point forgiveness did point out that Kayode had a better first half of the season than Iheanacho although both got roughly the same minutes on the pitch. How many goals did Iheanacho score in the first half of the season and what changes would it have made to the stats he listed? if anything it would have made it worse because it would have reduced his goals per minute ratio lower than the poor level he managed in the second half .

May I recommend that you reduce your alcohol intake if any, eat more protein and get one or two bottles for multivitamins, it really helps with amnesia
now, you are changing mouth to first half

If it was by good first half, shey Onyekuru also deserved to be in the team? Why didn't he argue in favour of Onyekuru?

Like I said in the other post, forgiveness was arguing on nothing, because Kayode has never been Kelechi's mate in the Super Eagles. Kayode was dragging space with Simy and Lokosa, this was already established, but forgiveness no gree hear word and here you are, supporting dead argument, and na me dey drink?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 7:53pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:
Meanwhile I am supporting Liverpool wholeheartedly to win the champions league tomorrow.

I love Zizou but e don do.
i want madrid to win because I'm a madrid fan, but i also want Liverpool to win because I'm a salah fan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:53pm On May 25, 2018
OGN say K. Nwakali added to Nigeria's World Cup squad grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:53pm On May 25, 2018
Mickael2:

the talk get as e be.

He himself has said it that when he uses the same unit of measurement his detractors use, they label him as tribalist.
And your example of Iheanacho is spot on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:54pm On May 25, 2018
EmmGee:

i want madrid to win because I'm a madrid fan, but i also want Liverpool to win because I'm a salah fan
Don't worry, Liverpool will win. Hahahaha hahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:57pm On May 25, 2018
People will critisize me for this because maybe they dont see things the way i see things.

Onyekuru wasnt on the world cup list and i didnt hear noise from people here oo,some said he was supposed to be there but they respect gernot rohr list.

Even me my self didnt rant for onyekuru to be there because i will not even want moses simon to be dropped for him because that dude helped us qualify for the world cup.

Onyekuru was our highest scorer in Belgium or so with 10 goals , not really sure sha,despite his long term injury.

But someone was crying foul because kayode was not invited a player that score only 3 goals all season in 21 games.

But i did not see people cry that onyekuru was not invited ooo,even me i did not even say a word of onyekuru,i will even use fitness as excuse that he was not fit but he is 100 percent fit.

Imagine kayode to be onyekuru maybe dem for don bomb this thread.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:58pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
OGN say K. Nwakali added to Nigeria's World Cup squad grin

I never see the news there ooo,i no say na joke u dey joke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 7:58pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Don't worry, Liverpool will win. Hahahaha hahahaha
i think they will. because the team is coming with a very strong momentum. but madrid knows how to play finals...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:
Another amnesia wahala don dey load dey come.
Kai do not worry we don enter our craze mode again,normal thing here,abi no be for super eagles.

Super eagles no tension

We are winning in the name of God

We are winining we are winning

Soar Soar o super eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

If you get big news, Drop it like it's hot. No need for hide and seek games. What you did last time with the German kids still dey vex me. Las las, non of them showed green light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) (3689) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.