Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11644330 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3697) (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:03pm On May 26, 2018
safarigirl:
make Rohr put Onyekuru on standby or Kayode grin

No one outside the 30 men will make the final 23.

It looks like a minor injury. The scan is just to make sure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:
Three players with injury issues,
Ekong, Simon Moses and Ndidi.
that ekong story is not good at all.... hope it is not severe...?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

No one outside the 30 men will make the final 23.
It looks like a minor injury. The scan is just to make sure.
to be honest with you Simon may miss out on the final list.... no thanks to injury....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:05pm On May 26, 2018
safarigirl:
make Rohr put Onyekuru on standby or Kayode grin
He cannot go outside the 30 man provisional list submitted to FIFA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:06pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Wahala

Simon and Ekong look like minor knocks. Ndidi is on his way to recovery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:06pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:
Sir between Simy and Joel cos Rohr is going to WC with 8 defenders but if i have my way i will pick Joel Obi.

I'm okay with Ighalo, Iheanacho and possibly Musa as CF and we should know that the new SE doesn't depends on arrow head CF to score,our qualifiers and friendlies is a testimony that we don't depend on CF.

And what if Simy performs creditably well in the game against England?

I know his chance is slim. But nothing is certain yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:06pm On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

to be honest with you Simon may miss out on the final list....
no thanks to injury....

He was doing light exercises. I think the injury is not serious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:08pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

I know that.... Was just clowning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

and should him get to score a brace against the 3 lions it means the dude is the most lucky super eagles player to make the list...

I will be so happy for him...
hey. ....what if lokosa do excellently well against DR Congo?
Chairman let's wait and see cos gatecrashers always failed us.

This is the reason am not happy about Ideye,Kayode and Oyekwuru clubs situation and injury cos they are better than Lokosa and Simy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Rohr said that Simy and Lokosa will get their first cap against DRC.
hope he knows what he is doing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

He was doing light exercises. I think the injury is not serious.
you know rohr can't take over 2 unfit players to the world cup....
how he recuperate fast will tell if he will make the list....

why rohr can manage ndidi and ekong because of their usefulness to the team...
same can't easily be said of moses Simon...he is not even a starter. so gonna be an easy decision for rohr to make.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 3:11pm On May 26, 2018
solonnachi:
I will seriously feel for Ola Aina if he is dropped.

He will be fine. Still young and after the world cup Echiejile will be so ffucking gone!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:11pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Give us reasons to convince us na. I don't have any preference but let the best go. Even me no trust that Idowu. It's just Echiejile has been on the downward spiral at least clubwise

My own perspective abt echiejile is dis,judging from his club performance dis season and also what happened in d last two friendlies for him not feature at all,yet he was summoned among d 30man list,we shld knw he belongs into eida one of dis categories

1.....Rohrs body language and also from his interview of rewarding those who played actively during d qualifiers would b rewarded with "final 23 man list" in wc echiejile falls into DT bracket.

OR

2.....irrespective of deir performance in camp,MIKEL,ONAZI,MUSA,ECHIEJILE,OMERUO,MOSESfalls into d category of "experience"

if we re even to go by camp performance, V.moses won't make d cut cool,cos baba no even dey camp to start with smiley

In a nutshell, not all players will merit to b ond "23 man list" thru performance, except if we want to deceive oursef, for example, Ndidi won't b on d list base on performance in camp.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:

This is the reason am not happy about Ideye,Kayode and Oyekwuru clubs situation and injury cos they are better than Lokosa and Simy.

I will.agree with lokosa but simmy form of late in Italy and considering the fact that rohr rates the Italian league high.... you know rohr was once a defender..... many good defenders and strikers know what obtained in serie A. rutheles and good defenders but still simmy manage score good goals in those late matches...

simmy is not a bad addition at all..
he deserve to be there.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

if you have nothing reasonable to say sometimes....better you stay quiet and keep reading comments....
what's up with the defensive words you put up there to at least defend the rigours of tribalism at sway on this thread...?

I advocate for all players I think has something good to bring to the table...probably they may be more from the eastern region...I don't care...

I am from edo state...bini by tribe...I have never lived in the east neither have I been there.... only lived in southwest and also currently living in the north....

so how many of my tribes men have you seen me fight for their inclusion in the super eagles even start crying of them being marginalized as a particular moniker her... sayn a particular tribe is trying to be omitted from coaching the country's football team....it's like you are new here...

some of the players I berate most here are from my state: Victor Moses, jude Ighalo, elderson and even osaze I forbid from returning to the super eagles, I think someone even accuse me here that it's like I should better say I don't like osaze.....

please think prior your post...
had it been forgiveness advocacy was not embroiled in tribal recourse..... I guess folks won't troop in to always accuse him... this is not the first time an outsider claim to be in readers mode.... coming in to accuse him of tribalism.
you need put on your thinking cap and ask yourself why haven't any accuse any other moniker here....save for him.
it goes show that there is something fishy behind his post....

common sense truely is like a flower that does not grow in every man's garden
there many other Yoruba brothers here but none have been accused....
I was surprised to read elyte, sir Joseph and even edi to be Yorubas but you will never know because their basic reason is to promote the super eagles and not their ethnic group.....

Yinmu, so because you think you are special, other people don't have common sense in their garden or how did you say it again ?

"Think before you post..."

Then afterwards you now went on to substantiate your argument.

You are a typical Nigerian Idiot.
First, I will not sugarcoat my own insult with long phrases.
Secondly, the process of putting down words and texting involves thinking, it involves the brain burning sugar and exerting energy or what do you think the meaning of "thinking" is ?
Third, people that don't think like you are not stupid, they just see the world differently, bros with the abundant amount of common sense in his God given garden, I am sure you must have heard the phrase "different thought process" ?

Abeg bros please make you read and ignore my post next time biko, or don't read it (whichever floats your boat). Just, please ignore me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 3:16pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Hope juju is not at work here? We no wan hear orisirisiri o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:16pm On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

same can't easily be said of moses Simon...he is not even a starter. so gonna be an easy decision for rohr to make.
Any player with injury should not make it irrespective of his stand in the team.

Mikel and Echiejile failed to make it in 2010 and 2014 cos of injury.

I remember how injured Daniel Amokachie and Emma Amuneke were forced to appeared in France 98 and Atlanta 96 respective.

Even Ndidi injury situation should be managed very well cos am seeing us rushing the young man and better to avoid a scenario of Ebuehi aggravated groin injury.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:16pm On May 26, 2018
Humility017:

I do not think, we will have a fitness problem.

Ndidi is expected to play a few minutes against England and perhaps more against Czech Republic. By the time the first match comes, he will be fully fit.

Ekong will play the England match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:16pm On May 26, 2018
elyte89:

My own perspective abt echiejile is dis,judging from his club performance dis season and also what happened in d last two friendlies for him not feature at all,yet he was summoned among d 30man list,we shld knw he belongs into eida one of dis categories

1.....Rohrs body language and also from his interview of rewarding those who played actively during d qualifiers would b rewarded with "final 23 man list" in wc echiejile falls into DT bracket.

OR

2.....irrespective of deir performance in camp,MIKEL,ONAZI,MUSA,ECHIEJILE,OMERUO,MOSESfalls into d category of "experience"

if we re even to go by camp performance, V.moses won't make d cut cool,cos baba no even dey camp to start with smiley

In a nutshell, not all players will merit to b ond "23 man list" thru performance, except if we want to deceive oursef, for example, Ndidi won't b on d list base on performance in camp.
At least you have let us into your mind cos I dey always wonder this your connect with Echiejile. Sincerely I'd wish FIFA increased the number to 25.
I'm already feeling the pain of leaving out some players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:19pm On May 26, 2018
Mikel and Ighalo will play no part in the DRC friendly.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:20pm On May 26, 2018
over to you forgiveness

Humility017:

but the president is from south south, first vice president from the southwest and the second vice president from the north...
where does he gets his unfounded fears...from me?
if he truly have these mindset....it is bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:21pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

I do not think, we will have a fitness problem.

Ndidi is expected to play a few minutes against England and perhaps more against Czech Republic. By the time the first match comes, he will be fully fit.

Ekong will play the England match.
Ndidi should rest against England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 3:21pm On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:
Mikel and Ighalo will play no part in the DRC friendly.
any reason?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:22pm On May 26, 2018
LATEST:
Awaziem, foot injury
Ekong took part in full training.

Source: ANS
tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:22pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:

Osaze gatecrashed 4 years ago, and he didn't fail us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:
Any player with injury should not make it irrespective of his stand in the team.

Mikel and Echiejile failed to make it in 2010 and 2014 cos of injury.

I remember how injured Daniel Amokachie and Emma Amuneke were forced to appeared in France 98 and Atlanta 96 respective.

Even Ndidi injury situation should be managed very well cos am seeing us rushing the young man and better to avoid a scenario of Ebuehi aggravated groin injury.

you're very right...no injured players should be managed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Guys, please answer this question. What exactly does Simon Moses bring to the table because I am lost here. And if I can remember vividly the only reason Simon got into that team was because of Ahmed Musa's dip in form.

Simon is an additional wing option.

We have 4 wingers on the list: Iwobi and V. Moses are first choice while Simon and Musa are their deputies.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:23pm On May 26, 2018
asha80:
any reason?

Because of their long trip from China, according to Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:23pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:

Gatecrashers always fail us. Hmmmmm

One thing is that beyond footballing skills, how about ability to bear the weight of the expectation of millions of Nigerians. Those who played the WCQ have adjusted to it. Joel is familiar with it.

Has Simi tasted the rawness of that expectation? Can he survive it? Is he the type of player who such an expectation can act as a fuel or one who would wither under such fierce hopes? We can never tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2018
Eagles Stars Ekong, Balogun Make A Dash For Orphanage Before Final Training In Uyo

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Super Eagles central defenders William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun made a dash for an orphanage home before the start of the national team's final workout at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.
The foreign-born duo visited the Mother Charles Walker Children's Home, Anua in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State on Saturday morning and brought with them goodies for the kids.
Ekong and Balogun donated a big refrigerator, Indomie Noodles, bags of rice, toiletries, towels, toothbrushes, sponges, beverages and other food stuff items to the orphanage home.

They interacted with the kids and took pictures with them, and also spoke with the reverend sister in charge of the Catholic facility close to St Luke's Hospital Anua.
Shortly after their visit to Mother Charles Walker Children's Home, they headed to the stadium for the Super Eagles morning training session on the pitch.

Balogun and Troost-Ekong had been eligible to represent Germany and the Netherlands respectively but opted to play for Nigeria at senior level.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

source: ANS

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:23pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:

Chidi Nwanu and Emenalo did not fail us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:24pm On May 26, 2018
That's not true. He can replace the injured player with any player, even outside his 30.

Mujtahida:

(1) (2) (3) ... (3697) (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.