Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645665 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2018
realpoacher:

Brother mi, the answer to your question is not farfetched,.. He wails on it too much thats why... In the case of Every other person here with their favorite player not called up will simply express their reservation or displeasure just once or twice and call it a day. Some few will even sulk on it for days in their privates but after a while, they will shake it off and come back here to start supporting the team wholly.

But NO!..... Forgiveness will keep on wailing till eternity... Wait for it!!... He doesn't just wail alone, he insults everybody else here, he accuse NFF and Rohr of corruption, he berates and insults every other players invited. He takes it personal, it becomes a fight to finish.

Bravo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Agbo, Agu, Aina, Lokosa, Ajiboye,Eze and Simon are likely to be dropped.
Sir are you following the camp training?cos as it's Aina is ahead of Echiejile.

Do not be surprised Simy can make it too if he delivered against Congo

After Congo friendly then we will know who is out but for now guys are in camp doing the needful,anyone picked for WC merit it,so let's keep on watching.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:23pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hanhan wetin players wey their names begin with A do you.

That was a coincidence.... grin grin. But ,even if you were asked to name players likely to be dropped you 'd probably come up with similar names.
Ebuehi ,Aina and Simon Moses(as much as people want to believe he is going is,however ,not certain) are not certain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:25pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:

After Congo friendly then we will know who is out but for now guys are in camp doing the needful,anyone picked for WC merit it,so let's keep on watching.

Rohr is using Aina as a left back and that is not favorable to him because is is competing with 2 natural left footers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:26pm On May 26, 2018
maidaboi:
Thread back to normal
Na una dey disturbed,me don sabi the thread wella,craze dey worry us sometimes but i know we are one big family.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Rohr is using Aina as a left back and that is not favorable to him because is is competing with 2 natural left footers
It should not be about two natural left footers but performance but we have only Echiejile as natural left footer.

Honestly if not for lose of form i will picked Echiejile over Aina and Idowu but not getting playing time in Turkey and later Belgium 2nd division not damn good.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:33pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:

That was a coincidence.... grin grin. But ,even if you were asked to name players likely to be dropped you 'd probably come up with similar names.
Ebuehi ,Aina and Simon Moses(as much as people want to believe he is going is,however ,not certain) are not certain.
I think Moses will make it. Aina I'm not too sure.

Here goes my five:Lokosa, Eze, Ajiboye, Aina and Agu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:35pm On May 26, 2018
isan:
Idowu can use right also..why is rorh smirking at his back
Idowu is a right footer and do play RB for his club just like Aina even Ebuehi is damn comfortable as LB cos i remember watching him playing for Ado Hagen against Mainz in friendly.

If we want to base it on versatility then Echiejile is out but Rohr is a coach and his decision must be respected on who ever he picked.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:41pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

I think Moses will make it. Aina I'm not too sure.

Here goes my five:Lokosa, Eze, Ajiboye, Aina and Agu.
What will make Aina and Simeon Moses lose out is camp performance and friendlies.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:42pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:
Idowu is a right footer and do play RB for his club just like Aina even Ebuehi is damn comfortable as LB cos i remember watching him playing for Ado Hagen against Mainz in friendly.

If we want to base it on versatility then Echiejile is out but Rohr is a coach and his decision must be respected on who ever he picked.

Boss echiejile is going, cool cool

I knw u no want am...but is seat on d plane to Russia is as sure as tmao been a Sunday.Quote me when dey release d final 23man list cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:50pm On May 26, 2018
Wado!!! Happy Married Life!!! I wish I could fly down

Lucque:

Thank you very much for the wishes sir.
Here is d for d house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:

idowu is not naturally left footed

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:56pm On May 26, 2018
Kayode has a higher chance of making it to Russia should a forward among the 23 get injured.

andrew444:

Lokosa was lucky to be there sha,kayode is better than him in all aspect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2018
kennysville:

The boy shd be in our u-15 but i am suspecting he will be a threat to Lateef Omidiji..... make una no roast me O! I love lateef too
if i am correct this kid name is lawal sulaimon?

i think he is already a member of the u15 team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2018
Good day Bosses in the house. I greet you all. Been following silently.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:59pm On May 26, 2018
I promise you this is bigger news in England for obvious reasons.

BascoVanVeli:

If this were Nigeria we no for hear word.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2018
elyte89:

Boss echiejile is going, cool cool

I knw u no want am...but is seat on d plane to Russia is as sure as tmao been a Sunday.Quote me when dey release d final 23man list cool
Oga mi am talking football and view it on what is on ground and not on sentimental level.

Pls answer this question, who was our LB during qualifiers? Echiejile right

Now who is our LB? Idowu abi

Did you asked yourself why?

Against Poland Echiejile was on the bench abi and Idowu started

Against Serbia Idowu was subbed off for who?Aina and Echiejile was on the bench,pls meaning what as football pundits?

Hope you are following what is going on in the camp right, Idowu and Aina are ahead

Echiejile need camp performance and may be friendly to make the team

Sir this is not issue of experience but performance.

If he makes it good meaning he is better no sentiment.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2018
hardwerk:
Finally ,I take my exit from here and only to return if any beer parlour drunk here mentions me ...Udo to all man . Igwebuike!!!!
howfar U dey drink stuff?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:02pm On May 26, 2018
andrew444:

No b by World Cup o,juwon oshaniwa is clubless now but he played all games at the World Cup at the left back,why didn't his World Cup cv give him a club?

He didn't even last at heart of Scotland,and this is a player who played 4 games at the 2014 World Cup

player Management and Agent have a huge role to play on players transfers not just talent.

players like ideye keep getting lucrative deals after been average and players like ogbuke go on trial to prove them self.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:04pm On May 26, 2018
Kog45:

i think that by fifa rules simy is ineligible for this match or is the rule not that too important?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:06pm On May 26, 2018
Forgiveness has his beliefs that the NFF is controlled by a section of the country, and that is a big factor in player selection and even coach appointments.. If I'm wrong, he can correct me.

realpoacher:

Brother mi, the answer to your question is not farfetched,.. He wails on it too much thats why... In the case of Every other person here with their favorite player not called up will simply express their reservation or displeasure just once or twice and call it a day. Some few will even sulk on it for days in their privates but after a while, they will shake it off and come back here to start supporting the team wholly.

But NO!..... Forgiveness will keep on wailing till eternity... Wait for it!!... He doesn't just wail alone, he insults everybody else here, he accuse NFF and Rohr of corruption, he berates and insults every other players invited. He takes it personal, it becomes a fight to finish.

All these things he keeps doing over and over again, he doesn't stop... No!.. He doesn't know when to stop!..

Discuss team release,.. No!.. He is wailing.

Discuss formations and strategies about our upcoming match... No!.. He is busy wailing digging up stats left, right, center,... SMH

After match which we probably won... Drop your match analysis and rate every player on how they perform... NO!!... Forgiveness is still busy wailing angry

Its preposterous!!,! His constant wailings and labelings is insulting to our intelligence and sanity. He is not the only one here. This thread is not created for people to come and wail here, let him go somewhere else and wail. angry

When he wails, he labels everyone a tribalist, or a corrupt man if you supports the non invite of his players.

If there is anyone you should caution.. Then the person is sir forgiveness.. Tell him to stop his constant wailings... Underline the word CONSTANT.

He is entitled to express his feelings but when it becomes excessive (like it always does), its no longer an expression rather it becomes wailings. Which means that he is overstepping his boundaries. Such should never be condoned.

I suppose that you are a lawyer. If true, then you should know that we all have rights but so also should we know our limits to such rights when interacting with other people.

His constant wailings is an intrusion into our rights. Therefore he should tone it down else he deserves everything coming his way.

Remember, if there is anyone you must advice, it should be him. He can express his reservations but he shouldn't wail nor insult us because its becoming very childish of him lately.

Thank you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:07pm On May 26, 2018
Icon79:
Guys am I the only one having serious concerns regarding this DR Congo friendly match? Aside from this ebola thing, African teams tend to take it overboard against other African teams. And when you have a team going to the World Cup and the other team isn't, the other team would try to demonstrate that they are better than you angry sad shocked

I am actually glad that both VicMo and Ndidi are going to miss this match. I hope that Obi Mikel and Joel Obi won't play either.

O pari

They won't play, ighalo too will be absent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:11pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:
Mikel was 2003 not 2001. Finland with Fabregas for the Spain team
fabregas was the top scorer and best player in that tournerment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:14pm On May 26, 2018
If Simy Nwankwo will not be eligible to play against DRC, then he must be the reason Rohr wants to drop only 5 players first before dropping 2 after the game against England.

He may have impressed in training and Rohr wants an opportunity to see him I'm a game, DRC won't give him that opportunity since Simy may be ineligibke , so, he will use the game against England to gauge him.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Well my Bro, I'll not have put my mouth in the wranglings yesterday if forgiveness was being berated for wailing about the omission of Kayode cos I myself had cause to express my displeasure on the constant cry. Wetin make me yarn yesterday na the accusation of tribalism.

In any case the dust has settled. We've moved on. Make sure you support Liverpool tonight.

Sure man!... I am not just going to support them this night. I am certain that they will win wink cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:16pm On May 26, 2018
To other news:
FINLAND: Veikkausliiga
Golden Eaglets class of 2013 center back Aliyu Abubakar starts for PS Kemi. Reuben Gabriel starts for the home team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:17pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:
''Simmy Nwankwo's chance to make the cut is 50-50''...Rohr

simmy for worldcup, joel obi watch your back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2018
Amedino99:
i think that by fifa rules simy is ineligible for this match or is the rule not that too important?
Honestly i cannot say but i think if Simy decide to play then no issue.

CC:tbaba1234.. pls is simy Nwankwo eligible for DR Congo match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:

oga the only thing that can make simon miss the final list is INJURY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:18pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Agbo, Agu, Aina, Lokosa, Ajiboye,Eze and Simon are likely to be dropped.

if simon is fit he will go to worldcup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:18pm On May 26, 2018

FINLAND: Veikkausliiga
Ex-Super Eagles left-back Taiye Taiwo is on for the visitiors

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2018
Martz101:

simmy for worldcup, joel obi watch your back
why joel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mowah, Clint02(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.