Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11601191 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
Loooollll..... Yeah, very surprising indeed. The normal routine with Ageuro is that by now he should be two months out.... Looollll

But mehnn!! Dude is now super fit that it's only taking "suspensions" to allow Nacho play... Chaaiiiii...

**Waiting for TheGoodJoe in a corner close to his office with my plank-neurolyser**

BascoVanVeli:

I always maintained that Pep didn't want to risk Iheanacho knowing that Aguero has never played all of his matches before. It just surprises me that he is missing due to red cards and not injuries.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
They made us think they've settled the Zambia bonuses before the battle of Uyo. Now we dey hear different tori... I know they still owe the boys for the Algeria game but Zambia too?? Na wa for the NFF ooo... **saw in Africanfootball.com too**

NFF: Super Eagles Still Owed Bonuses For
Zambia & Algeria Wins

The Nigeria Football Federation have
acknowledged that they are owing the Super
Eagles players and officials their bonuses for two
World Cup qualifying fixtures against Zambia and Algeria.

NFF general secretary Mohammed Sanusi
admitted that the Federation are facing economic challenges and hope the situation improves, so they can liquidate the outstanding debts.

“As I speak with you, we are still owing the Super Eagles for the matches against Zambia and Algeria, but the memos have gone to government and are being looked at,” Sanusi said while addressing the Super Falcons in Abuja on Tuesday.

“We must commend the Hon. Minister (Solomon Dalung). He has been energetically pushing the cases of the various national teams. We did the memo for the Women Africa Cup of Nations in October and it is being processed as we speak.”

The Super Eagles, who are top of their qualifying group, beat Zambia 2-1 in Ndola in October before a 3-1 win over the Desert Foxes in Uyo last month.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21319
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jesus’ Arrival Challenges Iheanacho’s Man City Future

By Johnny Edward:

The future of Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho at Manchester City could be thrown into serious doubt when new signing, Brazilian striker – Gabriel Jesus arrives in January,
Comple tesportsnigeria.com reports.‎

Jesus, a £27m summer acquisition is one of five players Pep Guardiola signed to bolster his squad this season. ‎The other new Manchester City's new signings areJohn Stones, Leroy Sane, Nolito and Ilkay Gundogan)
And Jesus' arrival could see Iheanacho's position as back-up for Sergio Aguero at City usurped by the Brazilian international who is a recognised forward but that depends on how well Jesus acclimatises to the Premier League.

The 19-year-old Jesus scored 12 goals and provided five assists in 26 appearances for Palmeiras who won the Brazilian title for the eight time this season.

Iheanacho who has scored three goals in nine games this season in the EPL has already been linked with a move to Tottenham in January and though those rumours were denied by his father, it seems impossible that Guardiola will be able to provide consistent first-team football for both young forwards.

Iheanacho who was on the bench for City's last three games prior to his cameo appearance in Saturday's defeat to Chelsea is could make his seventh for City in the UEFA Champions League against Celtic, with their place in the last 16 already guaranteed.

Manchester City are fourth in the Premier League table having picked up just 12 points from their last eight games.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/jesus-arrival-challenges-iheanachos-man-city-future/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
Aluko Tips Fulham For Play-Offs After Reading Rout

By James Agberebi:

Nigerian forward Sone Aluko has played down Fulham's current position in the English Championship league table, stressing that how they finish the season is what matters.

Fulham who are on 28 points, currently occupy the 10th position after 19 games and are four points off the play-off spot (sixth position).

“It’s all about the points,” he told fulhamfc.com.

“The positions right now don’t really matter, it’s where we finish at the end of the season. But to collect another three points is huge, I think we’re just four points off fourth, so we’re not too far away.

“It doesn’t matter who we play in this league now, we’ve proved that we don’t fear anyone. On our day we can beat the top teams, as we showed on Saturday. We beat Newcastle, we did well against Brighton.

“We’re more concerned about how we play and how we finish moves, rather than the form of the other team. Reading had won five in a row and we’ve gone and beaten them comfortably, so we don’t fear anybody," Aluko boasted.

Last Saturday, Fulham thrashed an in-form Reading (who are third in the league table) 5-0 with Aluko getting his side's second goal (his fourth goal in 18 league appearances).

Aluko was delighted with the emphatic win, claiming Fulham proved critics wrong with the performance.

“It was a good day,” Aluko told fulhamfc.com. “That’s the quality we’ve got. When a lot of people say we’re not clinical and that we miss chances, we take it a bit personally because we know what we can do.

“In training we finish goals well and our build-up play is fantastic, so it’s just getting the last touch on the ball and finishing the game well, and on Saturday we showed the quality we’ve got.

“We’ve been working on being more clinical, finishing off teams. We’ve been dominating a lot of sides but allowing them back into the game and letting them off the hook.

“But we really stuck it to Reading and finished them off. To win 5-0, and score so many goals again at home, was perfect.”

www.completesportsnigeria.com/aluko-tips-fulham-play-offs-reading-rout/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
MTNF Nigeria Premier League 2016/2017 Belgium
Wilfred Ndidi discussing personal terms with Leicester City - Confidant

Leicester City-bound Wilfred Ndidi (right) with his foster family in Belgium

by Samm Audu

Genk star Wilfred Ndidi is now discussing personal terms with Premier League club Leicester City after his Belgian club agreed a fee for his transfer in January.

Leicester have reportedly agreed to splash out over 18 million pounds including add-ons for the Nigeria international midfielder.

The former Nath Boys of Lagos star is seen as a direct replacement for N’Golo Kante, who quit the Premier League champions for Chelsea in the summer.

“Ndidi told me that both Leicester and Genk have agreed a transfer fee and he is now discussing his personal terms,” a source close to the player revealed.

“The discussions have been going well and the contract with the English club will change Ndidi’s life forever.”

It’s a big jump for the former Nigeria U17 and U20 star, who has been staying with foster parents since he moved to Belgium two years ago.

The 19-year-old central defender-turned-defensive midfielder has made 17 appearances in the league this season for Genk.

Last season, he played 38 league games and scored four goals.

mtnfootball.com/news/669436/Wilfred-Ndidi-discussing-personal-terms-with-Leicester-City-Confidant

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Guardiola banks on Iheanacho

Kelechi Iheanacho © Getty Images

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola says
that Nigerian striker Kelechi Iheanacho is a
capable replacement for Sergio Aguero, who has
just been hit with a four-match ban.

Aguero saw red after a horror tackle on Chelsea
defender David Luiz in the final moments of City’s 3-1 loss to the Blues, which sparked a stoppage-time brawl between both sets of players.

The Argentina striker will now miss City’s matches against Leicester City, Watford, Arsenal and Hull City, but Guardiola is not fazed by the prospect as he believes Iheanacho is a capable replacement for the attacker.

“We are going to accept the ban and keep going. This is not the first time (we have lost Aguero to a ban).

“He was off for three games and Nolito too but it didn’t make any difference.

“We accept the ban and we will deal with it.

“There are players that we have that can play in that position and Kelechi is one of them,”
Guardiola said.

Iheanacho thrived in Aguero’s absence earlier in the season, famously scoring in the 2-1 derby
defeat of city rivals, Manchester United.

The 20-year-old striker has a strike rate of one
goal in every three Premier League games for City this season.

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/161206/Guardiola_banks_on_Iheanacho

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
ALAN SHEARER HEAPS PRAISE ON SUNDERLAND'S ANICHEBE

The Newcastle legend has hailed the Nigeria international’s impact at the Wearside club, stating how his relegation thoughts towards them is starting to fade

Alan Shearer has showered praises on Victor
Anichebe, describing his performances in helping to change the fortunes of Sunderland in the English Premier League as ‘sensational’.

The Nigerian striker who shrugged injury
concerns to become a major figure in David
Moyes’ plan at the Stadium of Light has since
struck a formidable and productive partnership
with club’s highest goalscorer Jermain Defoe.

The Black Cats have won three - against
Bournemouth, Hull City and Leicester City - out of their last four games all thanks to the striking duo who have registered six out of the nine goals scored in those encounters.

And the nine points garnered has moved them to within one point of safety; a feat the former
England goal poacher deemed impossible.

“To be honest, I had written them off,” Shearer
told Match of theDay.

“I thought they were going to get relegated a
month ago but David Moyes has got his team
playing, and they have got belief now.
“Anichebe has been sensational the last couple of weeks and Defoe is a goalscorer.”

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/12/06/30221502/alan-shearer-heaps-praise-on-sunderlands-anichebe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
MTNF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Belgium
LeicesterCity-bound Ndidi, Onyekuru rated among top stars in Belgium

Ndidi (right) with Genk teammate Leon Bailey. Both are named among the top talents in Belgium by Instat

by Samm Audu

Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi and Henry Onyekuru have been rated among the best players in the 2016-2017 half-term scoring report by top scouting agency Instat.

Ndidi, 19, is on the verge of joining Premier League champions Leicester in January on a reported fee that could go up to 18.6 million pounds.

He has made 17 appearances in the league this season for Genk, while last season, he played 38 league games and scored four goals.

The Instat scouting report nicknamed Ndidi ‘African Warrior’ and said he averages seven tackles a game.

The report read in part: “Wilfred is a tall player with good coordination and jumping. His abilities make it possible to use him on three positions while he prefers to play in the midfield.

“I can use my energy most effectively and spend more time with the ball as I am in the midfield,” Ndidi says.

“The African player is extremely tenacious in tackling (7 tackles per match). If his opponent failed to accelerate while Ndidi is going to close him down - he does not stand any chance to keep the ball.

“He moves properly between the flanks and timely covers the directions of through and lob passes (seven interceptions).

“However, Wilfred is not so good to cover gaps between the defenders as he does not always manage to do it in time. If his team controls the ball, Wilfred stays behind his teammates to control possible counterattacks.

“Defense is not the only area where Ndidi can act. After he tackles the ball, he takes immediate decisions, with clear confidence under pressure. He sees open teammates and passes them the ball at once.

“He can make excellent penetrating and diagonal passes.

“In addition, Wilfred joins his team’s attacks and makes hardest long shots like those he scored against Athletic, Anderlecht, and Brugge (this one was the best goal of the last season). He is also effective in the air, making him extremely useful at set pieces.

“Thanks to his universal capabilities and other advantages, several European top clubs have started to track his performance. If Wilfred Ndidi continues to develop his tactics and technique, he will be prepared to join a major club very soon.”

Compatriot Onyekuru has been going great guns at AS Eupen, who won promotion from the lower league this season.

The 19-year-old forward has scored seven goals in 17 appearances for Eupen amid rumours he is wanted by several top European clubs.

Other top stars in Belgium include Sofiane Hanni, Yoeri Tielemans, leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht), Leon Bailey (Genk), Landry Nany Dimata (Ostende) and Abdoulay Diaby (Club Brugge).

mtnfootball.com/news/669602/Leicester-City-bound-Ndidi-Onyekuru-rated-among-top-stars-in-Belgium

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
terzurum5:

Oga oo no kili me gringrin

where Confun
I suspect I am suffering from ''Laughteria''

You elders are gradualy turning this thread into a comedy thread grin
lol, bros, I just dey read and laff at the comments, bt its interesting sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yara Yara.... Please take down the name, log it in and forward it also to TheGoodJoe computer systems. smiley

Ex-Nigeria U15 Sensation Bonaventure Vows
To Shoot Down Manchester United

Former Nigerian national U-15 team forward Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure is in line to make his ninth appearance for former Ukrainian champions Zorya Luhansk in their UEFA Europa
league game on Thursday.

Bonaventure, who spots the number 42 jersey, turned 19 last month and has scored once in
his first eight games of his debut season in
Europe.

He played alongside Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Eze,
Kelechi Iheanacho, Akpan Udoh, John Lazarus
among others in the national U-15 team and is
known for his pace, strength and good dribbling
abilities in addition to his finishing prowess.

His agent, Dr. Leonard Maduabum says
Bonaventure is capable of inflicting a reasonable
damage on Jose Mourinho led Manchester United at the Chornomorets Stadium in Odessa, Ukraine.

“He received a knock about four days ago but is
back in training and will definitely play a part
against Manchester United.

“Nigerians should watch out for the player with
jersey number 42, he will be out to hurt
Manchester United.” Leonard said.

Zorya are bottom of group A of the UEFA Europa League with just two points and would only be playing for pride on Thursday when they confront Manchester United.

Zorya Luhansk once had Nigerian striker Lucky
Idahor on their payroll.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21321

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I know I lack the years of football followership and experience that you have (I remember this being the key ingredient for your over-conservatism some times.... The "we-have-seen-it-all-and-been-there" attitude. smiley The "Okocha-kanu-Oliseh-Yekini-and-co-couldnt-do-it-so-why-think-we-can-do-it-now" looks.....)

I even said so in last year's super debate with you, arch-guardian himself....... But I also said, I have tried to make up for that with sound reseaches into the past. I remember the chemical reagent talk really well... I believe my point was well spelt out. Different reactants' and catalysts "levels of composition" won't always yield the exact results. And under different temperature and pressure, the products won't certainly be the same. So there's still hope.... All it needs is a little "twitch" smiley

But I have suffered heart-breaks upon heart breaks also.... 2000 Afcon Final when I was 7 before my 8th birthday few couple of weeks later in march....

Afcon 2002 semis vs senegal»» Heartbreak... sad

FIFA WC vs Sweden»» A game we were supposed to win.... Heartbreak!!

Afcon 2004 semis vs Tunisia»» Serious heartbreak.... sad sad

Afcon 2006 semis (final remnants of our first golden generation) vs CIV and her golden generation»» Heartbreak x2

FIFA WC 2006»» Despite producing an unbeaten run since the 1-0 loss to Angola in luanda in 2004 and also spoiling it with a 1-1 stalemate with same Angola in kano... We missed GERMANY 2006. ANOTHER BIG HEARTBREAK!!!!

A generation of John Utaka, Obafemi martins, yakubull, Chidi ordiah, A young Mikel Obi, Midfield general Okocha, Magician Kanu, the mesmerising Ike Uche, The Dazzling Osaze Odemwingie, and many more lost the chance to display their wares before the world stage that would have given them enough experience for WC 2010.

Afcon 2008 quarters vs Ghana»» First time since 1982 we won't make the semis... HEARTBREAK!

Afcon 2010 semis vs Ghana»» Despite the presnece of an attack having Martins, Yakubu, Obasi, etc... Ghana still beat us... Heartbreak!!

FIFA WC 2010»» Super heartbreaks vs Greece.... Greece had never scored a WC goal or won a WC game. They did both against us that day. We were stupidly generous... HEARTBREAK GALORE...
That 2-2 stalemate vs South Korea..... Don't wanna talk about it... You know the story... HEARTBREAK!!!!

Afcon 2012»» We were not even there. First time we failed to qualify since 1986.... Heartbreak!!!

Afcon 2015»» You know how it went... Another absence... Another heartbreak...

Afcon 2017»» Another heartbreak..... But I have gotten over this to focus on the future that lies so beautifully before us... The rise of our new Super Golden Generation.... This is what brought me here... This is what I foresaw when I joined NLSports last year after SL10 NIGERIA was shut down (Only spent 2months plus with them).

I have suffered many more heartbreaks with respect with some years involving our U-20s like 1999, 2013, 2015 and even U-17s like 2001 and 2003.

So many Sir.... BUT YET, I STILL BELIEVE.

A CHINESE PROVERB I THINK SAYS, "fall down seven, get up eighth" right?

Well, I say..... "Fall down 99, get up 100th". The STORY OF CONTINUED PERSISTENCE AND DOGGED BELIEF IN SOMETHING BIG (no matter the obstacles) BEING ACHIEVED ONE DAY IS MY LIFESTYLE.

I apply same with my studies and personal life-vision (It was like a dream when at age 21, I got into the only slot for a special Classified wildcard long-term research scholarships in neurosciences and other interdisciplinary studies utilising top-class online and on-campus learning/study/training approaches) so I also believe we can see same in our football because the potentials are so boundless. It's true we have failed in times past to build on what we have but I have a feeling we can get it right this time in a couple of years.... AND EVEN IF WE FAIL AGAIN. BE REST ASSURED.... I WON'T STOP BELIEVING. WE MUST GET IT RIGHT..... smiley

You r not ALONE on ur FAITH that one day we'll rule the world,I'm 100% with u,and It's imminent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Iheanacho, Success, Iwobi Make Top 10 EPL U-21 Stars

 1 Dec 2016
 Headlines, Top Stories

Super Eagles young forwards; Alex Iwobi, Isaac Success and Kelechi Iheanacho were listed in the Whoscored.com's top 10 EPL Under-21 players.

The list was compiled by facts and statistic football site, whoscored.com.

Other exciting Under-21 players who were also listed include: Manchester City's Raheem Sterling, Manchester United's Luke Shaw, Dele Alli of Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal's Hector Bellerin.

According to whoscored.com, Iheanacho has scored 11 league goals from just 17 shots on target since making his debut last season, to return a stunning on-target conversion rate of 64.7% in England’s top tier.

Three goals and three assists this season means Iheanacho has been directly involved in a league goal every 47.8 minutes in the EPL this term.

For Iwobi, despite not starting each of the Gunners’ last two league games, no Arsenal player has registered more league assists (three) this season than the 20 year old.

Watford's Isaac Success who has managed just 188 minutes of top-flight action, has shown glimpses of what he is all about in the handful of games he has featured in.

The 20-year-old has made just one league start for the Hornets, that coming in a 1-0 win at Middlesbrough, but netted a crucial equaliser from the bench in the 2-2 draw with Bournemouth last month.

THE FULL LIST

Isaac Success (Watford)

Alex Iwobi (Arsenal)

Kelechi Iheanacho (Man City)

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerb (Southampton)

Luke Shaw (Manchester United)

Calum Chambers (Middlesbrough)

Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur)

Hector Bellerin (Arsenal)

Adama Traore (Middlesbrough)

Raheem Sterling (Man City)

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-success-iwobi-make-top-10-epl-u-21-stars/#lWm2FH0GKcIqiDd9.99

How in the world did Isaac Success made this list when the bobo has hardly played in the EPL so far?

What am I missing?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
joseph1013:
Mikel and Victor Moses will make the first team. If we still had Enyeama, he will make the first team too.
Mikel to bench who? Olisey or Okocha,Olisey is one of the best performer against Spain,so mikel won't make the 1st 11,so is Victor Moses.
Only Enyeama at his peak would possibly make the first 11. That match against was my worst moment of watching football, one of my cousin almost went mad n was uncontrollable that I have to leave house for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
Does anyone remember the original super mario? Mario Jardel... Great scorer but could not make the brazilian team at the time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
joseph1013:
Nigeria's greatest ever players, Mikel is in top 3. Oliseh is not in top 7. That says alot.
his greatness is measured on his all overall achievement not on a particular era.
On that era of France '98, Mikel won't displace Oliseh. Mike is even greater than Okocha if u compare their achievements but he is not better Okocha or Oliseh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
tbaba1234:
Does anyone remember the original super mario? Mario Jardel... Great scorer but could not make the brazilian team at the time

Yes, Porto and I think Galatasaray. Great with his head. I remember a game he scored at the dying minute in the Champions League, only for the opposing team to score in seconds. He was great.

Sad the Brazilian coaches did not like his style.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kelechi and Iwobi start.

I'm doubly glad Wenger has allowed bygones be bygones and is giving Alex an opportunity to wipe that ugly mistake he made in the last game. I'm happy Wenger isn't as petty as Jose (love you Mourinho kiss wink), cuz if Alex has made such an error in a United jersey currently, dude would be chilling on the bench till Harry Potter reaches the unattainable height of 6ft grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kelechi scores. Pep needs to trust this boy more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
[size=20pt]GOOOOAAAAAL!!![/size]

I hav no option Dan to shout grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentAire(m): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Abeg who see Kelechi goal?

Dat guy no get joy grin

@safarigirl
@thegoodjoe
@icon4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
kentAire:
Abeg who see Kelechi goal?

Dat guy no get joy grin

@safarigirl
@thegoodjoe
@icon4

The goal he scored was more difficult than the one he missed .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentAire(m): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
lexyman:

The goal he scored was more difficult than the one he missed .
His of the ball runs are exquisite

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
@kentaire, just saw the goal o...it was smashing (pun intended)
@thesupernerd, thank God that boy scored today, else....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Yes, Porto and I think Galatasaray. Great with his head. I remember a game he scored at the dying minute in the Champions League, only for the opposing team to score in seconds. He was great.

Sad the Brazilian coaches did not like his style.

He was not a typical brazilian.. He was a finisher without all the flair.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Me right now on seeing Kelechi's goal.... His second UCL goal (his crazy goals-ratio getting even badder wink )

Safarigirl... Hehehehe... Guess I'm a prophet/oracle after all... smiley *Arrived late for the game coz I had to go do some stuffs within the med.campus.*

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
Second time nacho is trying that backheel skills
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kelechi is making very good runs and service from quality midfielders.

The two best technically proficient and quality players for Celtic are two ex Fulham players. Patrick Roberts and Dembele.

I expect another goal from Kelechi.

There is totally unconfirmed paper talk that Guardiola is looking at Dembele and he will go head to head with Kelechi. Patrick is City player on loan.

City will win this game it's just a matter of time before Kelechi scores again, the service to Kelechi is very good, Sana is running that wing.

City are lucky should have been a penalty first half.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Iwobi scores as well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
And Alexander "the great" Iwobi scores his first UCL goal FINALLYYYY!!!! Off an Ozil assist... smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
What do you think of the City Centre half No. 53 for city who is obviously of Nigerian origin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Thank God Iwobi found the right net this time tongue

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
komekn:
What do you think of the City Centre half No. 53 for city who is obviously of Nigerian origin.

Adarabioyo, decent, potentially one for the future if he is interested in playing for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), lelion, shawwal1(m), Philosopher1979, Joebie, kingphilip(m), JorgedeToledo, sureleads, Stillwater10, do4luv14(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.