Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11600301 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) (4022) (4023) (4024) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
chilex9:
So I heard the Falconet all the way from the UAE predicted against us.....

That we aint advancing beyond the group stage.....and her predictions been always right?

Make we just set our minds for 3 games then......

More prayers
Show me her previous predictions first make I see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Just 10 milla... for that lad's super cannon of a left foot? Chaaaiiii... little wonder they need to do an upgrade and quickly too. Over 30 clubs have made enquiries... not surprised... the inside report I got said almost half of Europe are keenly interested and watching... lol... This is really exciting news. smiley

that's good business deal fr the la liga outfit....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lol... VicMo was trying to dance shaku shaku and it drew some giggles and laughter... Him try but him never master shaku shaku dance... Hahahahahahahaha....

EmmGee:
this is from a video on balogun's instagram, of victor moses dancing during a photo shoot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Nairaland 23 Man Squad with Technical crew

Goalkeepers

1.Bascovanveli
2. edi287
3. Danielninono

Defenders

4.Lexyman
5.Napeleon55
6.Taliban
7.AIG07
8.Komekn
9.davep
10. maidaboi
11. omanbala

Midfielders

12. Certitude
13. Humility
14. Safarigirl
15. darkelf
16. bolowolowo
17.solonnachi

Strikers

18.Metaljigsaw
19.icon79
20.Realpoacher
21.Goke7
22.klexycole
23.Krattoss

Technical crew

Coach
Icon4s

Assistant Coach 1

Kog45

Assistant coach 11

TheGoodjoe

Assistant coach 111

TheSuperNerd

Goalkeeper Trainer

Tbaba1234

Medical Team

Michael2
Dr kclever

Fitness Trainers

Captainstephen
Andrew444
goldenfish80

Team Psychologists

Mujtahida
Congo4ka grin

Video Analysts

Joebie
Oasis

Team scouts

Chriskels
Forgiveness
Charlesemeka

Logistics and protocols

Elyte
Loogan

media Officer

soetanoreoluwa grin

Incase you are not selected keep working hard AFCOn 2019 is fast approaching grin

If you like shout corruption and Wayo Wayo... grin

Incase you are doubting the selection kindly ask questions

Technical crew should set up the game plan.

Just hope the team will be able to work together to bring the cup home grin

2 days to World Cup... I can't wait grin

hahaha.. abeg comot me for the goalkeeping role oo. I'm a very terrible goalkeeper

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
Transfer bits

- Villarreal extends Jack Ipalibo's contract till 2021...

Jack Ipalibo is also with Villarreal B...

- Ahmed Musa still in the picture for an EPL move? Wolves mentioned again.
Also a few reports claim an agreement is in place for Musa's move to Galatasary on lona from Leicester.

Time will tell.... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Very creative. I have started preparing the right drills to get the team in good shape.
please goodjoe don't kill us with drills....
me don't need drills to play good football...with Killer passes from.the midfield link the attack...and create goal scoring opportunities out of nothing....

all I need is well prepared goat meat pepper soup...well spiced up before and after match...
and please...let in our wives and girl friends before and after matches.... to ease relaxation....
foot ball I think is not that difficult like Mr. Rohr and other managers is making it look....

after all life shouldn't be taken too seriously.
so oga coach....do all this i wrote up there and watch us win the world cup right from the very first match.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
EmmGee:
this is from a video on balogun's instagram, of victor moses dancing during a photo shoot
good to see him warm up among the team, no be say him go dey siddon one corner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
komekn:

Do you remember when league 1 MK Dons beat Manchester United

Villareal B will beat a league one side I really do not think so. Even EPL sides struggle sometimes you beat league one sides in the FA cup. Villarreal first team will struggle to beat most league one sides I assure you.

Finally if he was good enough he will be in the first team NOW not later after all how old are Dembele Mbappe, Dele Alli, Ademola, etc

EPL sides don't take most of those matches seriously so they end up getting beat. League one teams are not as good as u are making it out to be. It is a league for young lads to go and get developed. Their players are not as technically gifted as the 3rd tier players in Spain. If it was about gra gra u could have a point but we are talking football. Teams from lower divisions beat La liga clubs also.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Martz101:

you and your brother can go to any length to make wrong thing look good, so championship is at par with Bundesliga.

Iorfa is not at par with those guys atall, those guys will walk into most premier league team while iorfa is still struggling in championship

Your prejudice has no end, remaining with a parochial mind is not wisdom.

Firstly, you completely ignored all the substantiated facts i stated and chose to misrepresent. For avoidance of doubt , i said the Bundesliga is rated 4th in Europe see link https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

The Bundesliga is given a higher rating because of Bayern Munich who completely dominate literally creating a one team league that has one nearly everything for the past 20 years,

Considering the gap between the top and mid level clubs of the Bundesliga i place the lower half on par with the top half of the Championship possibly lower for the bottom end of the Bundesliga.

Dominic Iorfa is a wolves player, and Wolves are in the EPL maybe your prejudice has blinded you to common truths and facts. Explain with facts not prejudice how Akpoguma and Jordan even add Felix Uduokhai how these players Rohr and the NFF continuously are better than Dominic.

Maybe if you present a substantive case i will humbly agree with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
komekn:

Villareal B will beat a league one side I really do not think so. Even EPL sides struggle sometimes you beat league one sides in the FA cup. Villarreal first team will struggle to beat most league one sides I assure you.

Finally if he was good enough he will be in the first team NOW not later after all how old are Dembele Mbappe, Dele Alli, Ademola, etc

Villareal will struggle to beat a league 1 side in england thats true.

Tottenham will also struggle to beat 4th tier team in spain,trust me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2018

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
komekn:

wrong example he was born in nigeria and not in europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Another bad belle
e cosign you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Goalkeepers

1.Bascovanveli
2. edi287
3. Danielninono

Defenders

4.Lexyman
5.Napeleon55
6.Taliban
7.AIG07
8.Komekn
9.davep
10. maidaboi
11. omanbala

Midfielders

12. Certitude
13. Humility
14. Safarigirl
15. darkelf
16. bolowolowo
17.solonnachi

Strikers

18.Metaljigsaw
19.icon79
20.Realpoacher
21.Goke7
22.klexycole
23.Krattoss

Technical crew

Coach
Icon4s

Assistant Coach 1

Kog45

Assistant coach 11

TheGoodjoe

Assistant coach 111

TheSuperNerd

Goalkeeper Trainer

Tbaba1234

Medical Team

Michael2
Dr kclever

Fitness Trainers

Captainstephen
Andrew444
goldenfish80

Team Psychologists

Mujtahida
Congo4ka grin

Video Analysts

Joebie
Oasis

Team scouts

Chriskels
Forgiveness
Charlesemeka

Logistics and protocols

Elyte
Loogan

media Officer

soetanoreoluwa grin

Incase you are not selected keep working hard AFCOn 2019 is fast approaching grin

Me defender!!! lol. I Kukuma dey play 2 or 3 in my university team. but under false 9 I thrive.

Dem go jam safari tayad and she go carry groin injury comot grin

Tbaba1234 suppose be trainer 1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
hardwerk:

Stop the dreams....you are not passing group stage

I'd love you to stop your dreams as well, anyone you currently having. Let's see if you're capable of doing that, and I'll follow suit. seems fair.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
gamaliel9:
Father God at this moment i thank you for qualifying us for the world cup......i thank you that the plane conveying our players did not crash over Danube.....Father i hereby call on your most devastating thunder....most destructive fire....on that falconet the predicted our world cup matches.....fire fire fire ...thunder thunder thunder......I cancel that prediction with Blood of Jesus....our Eagle must fly....Super Eagles shall create a positive record....Football shall erase our bad name soiled by yahoo yahoo....We shall come out smiling after this world cup.. Ancient of Days...Wonder Worker...Merciful Jesus...Direct Mikel...make our defence to be like Baresi and Nesta...our midfield shall be like Oliseh and Zidane....we shall attack like Batistuta and Romario put together......and score goals like Rossi and Marco van Basten...In Jesus name we pray..Ameeeeeeeeeeen.Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeee ka osi nofu di

IT WONT WORK ...YOUR PRAYERS ARE SHIT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
paul onuachu attracting interest from belgian side genk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
iorfa is a good talent but i doubt if wolves will retain him for their epl campaign. he is likely to be shipped out on loan to a championship team again
komekn:

Your prejudice has no end, remaining with a parochial mind is not wisdom.

Firstly, you completely ignored all the substantiated facts i stated and chose to misrepresent. For avoidance of doubt , i said the Bundesliga is rated 4th in Europe see link https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

The Bundesliga is given a higher rating because of Bayern Munich who completely dominate literally creating a one team league that has one nearly everything for the past 20 years,

Considering the gap between the top and mid level clubs of the Bundesliga i place the lower half on par with the top half of the Championship possibly lower for the bottom end of the Bundesliga.

Dominic Iorfa is a wolves player, and Wolves are in the EPL maybe your prejudice has blinded you to common truths and facts. Explain with facts not prejudice how Akpoguma and Jordan even add Felix Uduokhai how these players Rohr and the NFF continuously are better than Dominic.

Maybe if you present a substantive case i will humbly agree with you.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
i go do this scouting job wella grin grin grin grin grin grin
soetanoreoluwa:

Goalkeepers

1.Bascovanveli
2. edi287
3. Danielninono

Defenders

4.Lexyman
5.Napeleon55
6.Taliban
7.AIG07
8.Komekn
9.davep
10. maidaboi
11. omanbala

Midfielders

12. Certitude
13. Humility
14. Safarigirl
15. darkelf
16. bolowolowo
17.solonnachi

Strikers

18.Metaljigsaw
19.icon79
20.Realpoacher
21.Goke7
22.klexycole
23.Krattoss

Technical crew

Coach
Icon4s

Assistant Coach 1

Kog45

Assistant coach 11

TheGoodjoe

Assistant coach 111

TheSuperNerd

Goalkeeper Trainer

Tbaba1234

Medical Team

Michael2
Dr kclever

Fitness Trainers

Captainstephen
Andrew444
goldenfish80

Team Psychologists

Mujtahida
Congo4ka grin

Video Analysts

Joebie
Oasis

Team scouts

Chriskels
Forgiveness
Charlesemeka

Logistics and protocols

Elyte
Loogan

media Officer

soetanoreoluwa grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
And someone came up with this on twitter... Lol...

The English, The Germans and The Nigerians.. Hahahahahahahahahahaha
no wonder they called us disorganised team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
tbaba1234:
This WC will see plenty upsets..
falcon vs eagle
let see who predict right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
Super Eagles Ranked 15th Best Team To Win World Cup
June 12, 2018 1:46 pm

The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been placed in joint-15th position with a 1.5 per cent chance of winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

This is according to football facts and stats website Optajoe on their World Cup predictor published on their verified Twitter handle.

The World Cup predictor was done for all the 32 teams that will be Russia for this summer’s tournament.

Argentina who are in Group D with the Super Eagles are third with a 10.1 per cent of becoming champions for a third time.
Croatia and debutant Iceland who are also in Group D are 12th with 1.9 per cent and 13th on 1.3 per cent chances respectively.

Five-time winners Brazil have the highest chance of becoming world champions with 13.2 per cent while holders Germany are second on 10.7 per cent.

Africa’s other representatives Senegal and Egypt are in joint-15th on 1.5 per cent chance with Nigeria, Tunisia takes 19th position on 0.9 per cent and Morocco are 20th (bottom) with 0.6 per cent.

The World Cup kicks off on Thursday June 14 with host country Russia taking on Saudi Arabia.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/super-eagles-ranked-15th-best-team-to-win-world-cup/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
maidaboi:
falcon vs eagle
let see who predict right

Falcon always ...your team is shit and I go too laugh una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
gent rejects 3m euro from slavia prague who are interested in signing peter olayinka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
2days to kickoff

Ahmed Musa is the only Nigeria Player to have scored twice in a game for his country against Argentina which ended 3-2 in favour of the South America country!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
andrew444:
Crystal Palace is making a move for Joel Obi

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/12/tt-report-palace-seek-deal-for-torino-midfielder-joel-obi/

As poor as Joel is at present top clubs are still fighting for his siggy. Seriously class is permanent while form is transient. His class is speaking for him, I hope his form comes back soon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mikel: Super Eagles Will Prove Critics Wrong In Russia
June 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi is confident that the Nigerian team will prove critics wrong at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

The Eagles have been written off by many following their unimpressive performances in their pre-World Cup friendlies, where they have lost to Serbia, England and Czech Republic.

Drawn in Group D alongside Argentina, Croatia and Iceland, the Nigerians are the lowest ranked team by FIFA in the pool.
Argentina are ranked fifth, while Croatia who the Super Eagles will face in their opening 2018 FIFA World Cup game this Saturday, are 20th in the ranking.

World Cup debutants Iceland are 22nd while Nigeria are 48th.

“We like where we’ve been placed. We don’t want to be one of the favourites,” Mikel told Al Jazeera in a video interview monitored by CSN.

“I think this will give the team enough motivation to prove critics wrong that we can actually do better that they actually feel.”

Mikel is poised to attend his second World Cup. He has featured 83 times for the Super Eagles, scoring six goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
ChrisKels:

As poor as Joel is at present top clubs are still fighting for his siggy. Seriously class is permanent while form is transient. His class is speaking for him, I hope his form comes back soon.

Lol funny you

But joel didnt have a bad season thou,he only had bad games in eagles jersey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
Eleniyan15:
2days to kickoff

Ahmed Musa is the only Nigeria Player to have scored twice in a game for his country!!!!
in a senior world cup only
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Humility017:

please goodjoe don't kill us with drills....
me don't need drills to play good football...with Killer passes from.the midfield link the attack...and create goal scoring opportunities out of nothing....

all I need is well prepared goat meat pepper soup...well spiced up before and after match...
and please...let in our wives and girl friends before and after matches.... to ease relaxation....
foot ball I think is not that difficult like Mr. Rohr and other managers is making it look....

after all life shouldn't be taken too seriously.
so oga coach....do all this i wrote up there and watch us win the world cup right from the very first match.....

Just soak in the drills.... as long as u are performing in training. No need for game time...... grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
charlesemeka85:
iorfa is a good talent but i doubt if wolves will retain him for their epl campaign. he is likely to be shipped out on loan to a championship team again

I pray he fights his way into reckoning during preseason, it will be at our advantage. An EPL defender to our team will be a plus

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
hardwerk:

Falcon always ...your team is shit and I go too laugh una
i had that she predicted that ghana will qualify for world cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) (4022) (4023) (4024) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), TheSuperNerd(m), cromz(m), joxxy01(m), mkrest(m), poshemmanuel(m), elyte89, justvictor57(m), humility33(m), Meliforme, kentebemoney and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.