Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,005 members, 7,814,426 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11638274 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) (4422) ... (16140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
gamaliel9:

Watch out for number 17 squatting with green shirts front row.... a good box to box midfielder...

Lawal Suleiman

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
i have seen his clips before on youtube. the bobo good no be small
tbaba1234:

Lawal Suleiman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
some people dey vex say him suppose join real madrid or barca hahahahahahahaha
ChrisKels:

Now here is the move that makes sense in all ramifications ;

Money reason - check
Football reason - check
Champs league - check
Work permit - check
National team recognition - check
Big team - check

True talent never hides. I am Happy for you Henry, now continue from where u left off. Do even better than u ever have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
some people dey vex say him suppose join real madrid or barca hahahahahahahaha

He had offers from teams in better leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
tbaba1234:

Lawal Suleiman

Yes...thats him...thanks...Let him keep developing...also no injuries....and finally good agent...All things being equal...he should be buzzing by 19years.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello patriots, let us endeavour to vote for our own Ahmed Musa... his second goal against Iceland was nominated ��

He needs our support to win this for our dear country ��

Voting is easy, just open the link above and it takes you straight to the page where you select your preferred nominee.

Scroll down the page and click vote next to Musa's picture ��

Please share to other patriots after voting.

Thanks.

https://fifa.to/e/BKV4uryUAO

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
galatasaray is a good test for him. if he performs well in the domestic league and ucl it is certain he will get a permit to play in the epl
tbaba1234:

He had offers from teams in better leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
i just voted now
lexyman:
Hello patriots, let us endeavour to vote for our own Ahmed Musa... his second goal against Iceland was nominated ��

He needs our support to win this for our dear country ��

Voting is easy, just open the link above and it takes you straight to the page where you select your preferred nominee.

Scroll down the page and click vote next to Musa's picture ��

Please share to other patriots after voting.

Thanks.

https://fifa.to/e/BKV4uryUAO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nice. It's now on record
tbaba1234:

There are some other pics

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nnamdi Ofoborh of Bournemouth has joined up with the first team for preseason.

He was invited by the under 20 coach for the Egypt friendly.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2018
tbaba1234:

We will be a very tough side if we make it to the U20 world cup with all these Euro based players gaining experience already.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
the u20 team will be a tough nut to crack. i urge aigbogun to approach more euro-born nigerians. players like Deji-Ousman Beyreuther,genk's new boy and co should be talked to asap
tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Uzoho Makes Early Return To Pre-season Training With Deportivo
Super Eagles goaltender, Francis Uzoho has been spotted in pre-season training with his La Liga club, Deportivo La Coruna, a publication on the club's official website has revealed.

The 19-year-old who became the youngest goalkeeper to play for Nigeria at the World Cup has returned to Depor's training base in Spain and worked with the club's goalkeeper coach, Yvan Castillo on Monday.

Uzoho was one of the early birds to return to training for Natxo González's team and it could tip the scale in his favour ahead of the resumption of a new season, after breaking through Branquiazuis youth ranks to feature for the first team last season.

He made two senior appearances in the division for the club last season (versus Girona and Eibar), while also taking in 26 Segunda Liga outings for their Fabril side.

"I learn from the past but never sit down thinking about the past.A new season so will a new chapter in my career begin. FORZA DEPOR IN CHRIST ALONE", he wrote on his twitter handle.

Uzoho and his teammates will play Bergantiños, Ponferradina, Real Valladolid, Lugo and Real Oviedo as part of their pre-season activities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
peeps make una see ooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Swedish-born of Ghanaian descent Joel Asoro has expressed his pleasure after completing a move to English Championship side Swansea City.

The 19-year-old penned a four year deal with the Welsh-based side for a transfer fee around £2 million from Sunderland.

"It feels very, very good to be at this club. I have watched Swansea play in the Premier League and I enjoyed seeing them play football. That's the way I like to play football too," Asoro told Swansea's club website.

"It was not easy for me to leave Sunderland. I came over from Sweden to join them when I was only 15. It was a bit hard, but I wanted a new challenge."

He scored three goals in 29 games as the Black Cats were relegated to Sky Bet League One last season - had one year left on his deal at the Stadium of Light but rejected a new contract offer.

Asoro is still eligible to represent Ghana despite playing for the Sweden U21 team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
peeps make una see ooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Swedish-born of Ghanaian descent Joel Asoro has expressed his pleasure after completing a move to English Championship side Swansea City.

The 19-year-old penned a four year deal with the Welsh-based side for a transfer fee around £2 million from Sunderland.

"It feels very, very good to be at this club. I have watched Swansea play in the Premier League and I enjoyed seeing them play football. That's the way I like to play football too," Asoro told Swansea's club website.

"It was not easy for me to leave Sunderland. I came over from Sweden to join them when I was only 15. It was a bit hard, but I wanted a new challenge."

He scored three goals in 29 games as the Black Cats were relegated to Sky Bet League One last season - had one year left on his deal at the Stadium of Light but rejected a new contract offer.

Asoro is still eligible to represent Ghana despite playing for the Sweden U21 team.

Next time, u credit the site or u put a link.

This crap came from ghanasoccernet.com, same site that was claiming Josh Onomah as a Ghanaian until he came out to say he has no Ghanaian roots. They dun come again with Joshghene Joel Asoro grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
tbaba1234:

I hope he becomes a mainstay in the first team next season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We will be a very tough side if we make it to the U20 world cup with all these Euro based players gaining experience already.

That will only be possible if Aigbogun does not become too loyal to those grandpas he is parading as U20s when they must have given him a worldcup ticket.

Dat time sef, some us go support him with d normal cliche monkey nogo work for baboon to chop, hence, doz Dat suffered under this harsh and unfavourable African condition(weather) to qualify us, should be the ones to rep us. Trust naija fans nah
, some go be like, where were the foreign borns during the qualifiers. They wanna reap where dey didnt sow

That said, he already said he has gone to talk with some boys overseas, let's hope it turns out good.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:

He is Nigerian..

"However, he has now been contacted by the Nigerian Football Federation and has revealed that he will also be eligible for England in two years' time.

'They (Nigeria) have contacted me' Asoro told SVT. 'We will see what happens if I do not get into the A national team in Sweden. I'll probably choose Nigeria.

'England is also a possibility. If I live in England for two more years, I can play for their national team.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4662020/Sunderland-starlet-Asoro-consider-international-future.html

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:55am On Jul 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

He is Nigerian..

"However, he has now been contacted by the Nigerian Football Federation and has revealed that he will also be eligible for England in two years' time.

'They (Nigeria) have contacted me' Asoro told SVT. 'We will see what happens if I do not get into the A national team in Sweden. I'll probably choose Nigeria.

'England is also a possibility. If I live in England for two more years, I can play for their national team.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4662020/Sunderland-starlet-Asoro-consider-international-future.html

He was hotly chased by Tottenham before signing for Swansea, a move which could be the best for his development as he will get decent playing time for the promotion contenders.
He is highly rated in England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Minhaz2078: 6:07am On Jul 17, 2018
terzurum5:
"The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era (The Next Golden Generation)".

Nice post. I also have one piece about Russia World Cup 2018
<a href="https://9sblog.com/france-wins-world-cup-final-2018-in-russia-with-shine-of-the-stars/">France Wins World Cup Final 2018 in Russia with Shine of the Stars</a>
<a href="http://www.sob-ayojon..com/2018/06/subhasree-ganguly-marriage-raj-breaks.html /" rel="nofollow"> Subhasree Ganguly Marriage – Raj Breaks Million Fan’s Heart </a>
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:33am On Jul 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

Heard he's rated highly at the club. Defoe said he was one to look out for

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:37am On Jul 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
They've completed its refurbishment?

Yes they are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

Currently, the 2017/2018 Bournemouth young player of the year.

It's expected.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2018
goldfish80:

He was hotly chased by Tottenham before signing for Swansea, a move which could be the best for his development as he will get decent playing time for the promotion contenders.
He is highly rated in England.

When i first brought our attention to this lad here, one mischievously called me names in order to potray me a tribalist but I know my conscience is clear and I will keep saying what I know his right.

That was even 2 years ago matter ooooooo.

Anyway, shortly, after I am through with somethings, I will begin to monitor our players both home and abroad.

Faleye and the other guy that got red card in the AFCON tournament showed potential.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2018
edi287:

Heard he's rated highly at the club. Defoe said he was one to look out for

He is currently their best young player this season. I heard he is left footed and a winger when he played for our U20 team this year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:

NFF has contacted him and he has agreed to play for Nigeria ahead of Sweden. Ghana is only day dreaming. Hahahahahahahahaha! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:38am On Jul 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

What Paul Aigbogun is doing with this boy is what Manu Garba should have done with Charlton's Ademola lookman but no, he chose the Sokaris and Bubwas of this world instead. This also is what Amunike should have done with Ebere Eze, Raba Maja, Onyedinma et al but no, he chose under age boys instead.

That said, I hope he casts his net wider and not just in the UK. Somebody like Franklyn Akammadu of fiorentina, Shawn Adewoye of Genk, Midhat Bajric of hoffeinhem, Deji Behruether of Frankfurt, Maduka Okoye of Fortuna, even that westham youth team goalkeeper etc should be given a look in

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2018
forgiveness:

NFF has contacted him and he has agreed to play for Nigeria ahead of Sweden. Ghana is only day dreaming. Hahahahahahahahaha! grin

Link to where he chose Nigeria ahead of Sweden and possibly England or I dont bilivit grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2018
Highly rated Nigerian left full back Stanley Amuzie has joined Swiss side FC Lugano on a permanent deal after a fairly successful time on loan at the club last season.

Amuzie defended the colours of the club as a loan player from Italian Serie A side Sampdoria ‎and after a total of 13 league games, the club have decided to sign him on a permanent base on a two year contract.

The defender who represented Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympic in Brazil has been on the books of Sampdoria since 2015 but only got to represent the B team who are playing in the Primavera A league meant for youth team players.

He played for Portuguese second division side Olhanense on loan but despite playing a pivotal role in helping the team in the second division in Portugal, he still wasn’t given a look in by the handlers of Sampdoria’s first team.

A fresh start in Switzerland to help relaunch his career is what he will be hoping for in Switzerland as it will boost his chances of getting a look in from the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria.

DONT MISS ==> Rohr Watches On As German-Nigerian Target Sarenren -Bazee Scores And Pick Up Assists For Hannover 96
So far has represented Nigeria twice and it came in the back to back AFCON Qualifiers tie against Egypt which Nigeria drew and lost in the games played first at the Eagles home before the away tie in Egypt two years ago

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2018
the best time to capture this kids is when they are yet to reach stardom. the nff should mandate our youth team coaches to add a certain quota of foreign born players in their teams to any tournament. imagine if we were fast enough to get ademola lookman, the kid would have been on of our breakout stars at the just concluded world cup
ChrisKels:

What Paul Aigbogun is doing with this boy is what Manu Garba should have done with Charlton's Ademola lookman but no, he chose the Sokaris and Bubwas of this world instead. This also is what Amunike should have done with Ebere Eze, Raba Maja, Onyedinma et al but no, he chose under age boys instead.

That said, I hope he casts his net wider and not just in the UK. Somebody like Franklyn Akammadu of fiorentina, Shawn Adewoye of Genk, Midhat Bajric of hoffeinhem, Deji Behruether of Frankfurt, Maduka Okoye of Fortuna, even that westham youth team goalkeeper etc should be given a look in

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2018
Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper at the recently concluded World Cup 2018 in Russia Francis Odinaka Uzoho is back in training with relegated LaLiga side Deportivo La Coruna.

Uzoho kept in all of Nigeria’s three games at the World Cup as coach Gernot Rohr preferred him ahead of the experienced duo of Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi.

The 19 year old resumed training with Deportivo La Coruna yesterday with the club keen on retaining his service as other clubs have contacted them following his exploits in Russia for Nigeria.

Deportivo La Coruna have however assured Uzoho that he will remain with the first team and will no doubt challenge for the number one spot as opposed to last season, when he was mainly used by the B team who are campaigning in the third division in Spain.

Although he made two first team appearances in the LaLiga, he was more of a regular player with the B team but his exploits at the World Cup has earned him a permanent spot in the first team ahead of the start of next season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:56am On Jul 17, 2018
also this benneth guy who left spurs for monchenglabach in germany has nigerian parentage. have not seen him play but heard he is very good

(1) (2) (3) ... (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) (4422) ... (16140) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mkrest(m), Cecco90, AndSunGorilla and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.