Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11672652 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4433) (4434) (4435) (4436) (4437) (4438) (4439) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

Yes, he can switch

From U17 to U20? shocked

I am not aware. Any link to back up the claim?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
Onyekuru scores

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
Lucque:
Onyekuru scores

My nigga is back!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:

No following it on Mauritania football federation twitter

OK thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
5-0 FT. Afeez Aremu adds the last from the spot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
peterd53:
Onyekuru with a goal
Talent never hides

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
Peter Olayinka seals 4 year Slavia Praha deal.

A bad move in my opinion

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
5-0 FT. Afeez Aremu adds the last from the spot.
Aigbogun delivers anyhow sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:
we don't have big money moves from our guys abroad which is an indication of the quality of players we parade abroad
It's a shame no Nigerian player will make a $20M move this transfer window.
We simply don't have the materials at this moment. The fans must wake up and smell the coffee.
We are painfully below average.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:

Aigbogun delivers anyhow sha

Yes I must say it is job done so far but most important is the world cup ticket if the NFF is still alive by then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
goldfish80:

It's a shame no Nigerian player will make a $20M move this transfer window.
We simply don't have the materials at this moment. The fans must wake up and smell the coffee.
We are painfully below average.
ahmed musa will b sold for 43million and iwobi yo lazio 23

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:
NFF is such a dump of uselessness
Heard the U20 had to go to Wuse market to get their jerseys for the first leg of this match cuz no jerseys in NFF store shocked
Now the NFF Twitter handle cannot update us about the match being played in Agege Lagos!
Why should NFF escape Fifa ban?

They dismissed the jersey story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Yes I must say it is job done so far but most important is the world cup ticket if the NFF is still alive by then.
I said this many years ago that the clog in the wheel of progress of Nigerian football is NFF; hard to believe but deeply true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
PROVERBZ:
ahmed musa will b sold for 43million and iwobi yo lazio 23
Let's wait until then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:

I said this many years ago that the clog in the wheel of progress of Nigerian football is NFF; hard to believe but deeply true

please simply abreast yourself with the right info...
the problem now is not pinnick and crew but dalung and giwa.
If only buhari knows how much popularity the sack of dalung will bring to his government he won't hesitate..

dalung is the problem with our football @ the moment......

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nigerian striker Peter Olayinka has ended speculation about his future after penning a four-year contract with SK Slavia Prague, the Czech First League club announced via their official website on Saturday.

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Gent will pocket approximately 3.5 million euros plus bonuses for agreeing to terminate their agreement with Olayinka before its expiration.

Olayinka is returning to the Czech Republic capital after a previous stint with Dukla Prague, for whom he scored 7 goals in 32 appearances in all competitions.

Commenting on the transfer, Olayinka stated : ''I was very happy, when I learned about going to Slavia and returning to Prague, I was happy and it attracts me because Slavia is the top of Czech football.

''When I was in Dukla, Slavia became the champion of the league. I can imagine that Slavia will once again be a champion and I want to be like that. It's a great chance for me. Slavia is a club where I can become a champion.''

Olayinka began his career with 36 Lion before moving to Bylis Ballsh in Albania, and also counts Yenicami SK and Skënderbeu amongst his former employers.

For the upcoming season, he will play with the number nine jersey at Slavia Prague.

The deal taking Olayinka to Slavia Prague was brokered by respected French agent Cedric Mazet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
ChrisKels:
Peter Olayinka seals 4 year Slavia Praha deal.

A bad move in my opinion

Very bad move my broda.

But lets see he might move bigger soon because he is still young

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
Why is it a shame that no Nigerian player has a big money move? How many are even moving at all? I want to understand something undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
What is the rite info bro?
Dalung is sports minister not football minister
NFF has always fallen short in one way or the other
Pinnick is in all kind of financial mess as we talk involving monies meant for the FA
Giwa is he'll bent on running glass house for reasons best known to him but has succeeded in plunging our football in a big mess and bro Buhari has nothing to do with this in fact he provided finances adequately and promptly for the WC.

Humility017:

please simply abreast yourself with the right info...
the problem now is not pinnick and crew but dalung and giwa.
If only buhari knows how much popularity the sack of dalung will bring to his government he won't hesitate..

dalung is the problem with our football @ the moment......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
safarigirl:
Why is it a shame that no Nigerian player has a big money move? How many are even moving at all? I want to understand something undecided
Most of our guys are below average players
I believe it all boils down to our grassroots football which NFF has failed to groom

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:

Most of our guys are below average players
I believe it all boils down to our grassroots football which NFF has failed to groom
this isn't really the answer to my question.

Let me rephrase: How many African players made big money moves? Country by country, how many? Why is it a shame that Nigerian players had no big money moves? Must they make these moves? We have all admitted that we don't have Neymars or Hazards here, so, why is it a shame our players did not move?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
safarigirl:

Let me rephrase: How many African players made big money moves? Country by country, how many? Why is it a shame that Nigerian players had no big money moves? Must they make these moves? We have all admitted that we don't have Neymars or Hazards here, so, why is it a shame our players did not move?

I like that question. "Must they make these moves"?

Aside Ronaldo which other big name player has moved?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:
What is the rite info bro?
Dalung is sports minister not football minister
NFF has always fallen short in one way or the other
Pinnick is in all kind of financial mess as we talk involving monies meant for the FA
Giwa is he'll bent on running glass house for reasons best known to him but has succeeded in plunging our football in a big mess and bro Buhari has nothing to do with this in fact he provided finances adequately and promptly for the WC.

financial mess as in case initiated by dalung and co to tarnish pinnick reputation and give them enough reason to drop him.....

in case you don't know pinnick case with efcc was initiated to give fifa enough reason to drop him...not necessarily because of corruption in the glass house...just to let you know I don't think it has ever been so bad to see our security institutions being so politicised in nigeria as we are currently experiencing I was so surprised to see the efcc tweet after governor fayose political party lost in the recent ekiti state election.

common sense should even tell how well pinnick and co has so well manage the nff, lmc and lots more...for the first time in a while the super eagles never had money issue to scamble wit in the world cup tourney....
same pinnick and crew attracts a lot of sponsors to the super eagles as a brand....
so bro... spare the nff please...

you think had it been there was no problem in the glass house...these boys would have gone through this mess?
they won't have....gone thru it....
they're currently going thru it because of the sport minister incompetence...

the minister instigated these crisis even from his appointment to the extent that the house of rep even chide him for it...currently now the appointees of this government have no respect for the legislature so they can do what they like and deem best....

the reason why giwa has liver to keep doing this every time is because he has the sport minister behind him.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
Icon4s:

I like that question. "Must they make these moves"?

Aside Ronaldo which other big name player has moved?
i honestly did not expect our players to move. They have barely established themselves in their clubs, some have had good seasons that deserve a second shot, why destabilize themselves to make big money moves that will eventually cause their careers to deteriorate? I would rather our players sit tight in their clubs than gallivanting Europe in the name of big money moves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
safarigirl:

When we talk about big money move we talking about transfers to big clubs where a player can be developed and improved by better coaches and fellow players.
I don't think it's a shame rather it says a lot about the quality of our players
The reason I see for this is the lack of our sincerity in building a formidable home league and until we bring on board some sense of sincerity and transparency in running our football then the cycle continues
Mind you if you want to win the WC your players MUST play in big leagues and clubs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
A well rounded 5-0 victory for our Flying Eagles.
The team can only get better.
AYC here we come.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
oloriooko:
NFF is such a dump of uselessness
Heard the U20 had to go to Wuse market to get their jerseys for the first leg of this match cuz no jerseys in NFF store shocked
Now the NFF Twitter handle cannot update us about the match being played in Agege Lagos!
Why should NFF escape Fifa ban?

Worst still they took the game to a poor quality Agege pitch that got flooded.

The same flooded pitch condition that the Amuneke's "academy" Flying Eagles found themselves in, same stage last qualifiers. But thank God Paul's boys are already used to playing rain ball on our NPFL pitches. Hahaha... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
forgiveness:

From U17 to U20? shocked

I am not aware. Any link to back up the claim?

Zelalem played for Germany under 17 but USA under 20.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
safarigirl:
i honestly did not expect our players to move. They have barely established themselves in their clubs, some have had good seasons that deserve a second shot, why destabilize themselves to make big money moves that will eventually cause their careers to deteriorate? I would rather our players sit tight in their clubs than gallivanting Europe in the name of big money moves.

Nne...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

Zelalem played for Germany under 17 but USA under 20.

Yeah that true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
Goals For Isaac Success, Josh Maja, Ify Ofoegbu & Okenabirhie In Pre-Season GamesCatch up on the Nigerian players who found the back of the net for their respective European clubs in pre-season games on Saturday 21st July.

At the Montgomery Waters Meadow, Shrewsbury Town new signing, Fejiri Okenabirhie was yet again on the score-sheet for The Blues in a 3-2 loss to Brentford.

The former Arsenal youth teamer made the most of a lofted pass into the area to smash home his chance in the top left corner of the goal, bringing the score to 1-1 after they had initially fell behind.

Elsewhere, 18-year old right-back, Ifeanyi Ofoegbu got among the goals for Chesterfield in their 5-0 rout of Nuneaton at the Liberty Way Stadium.

The defender who was picked out in the box by teammate, Joe Rowley with 15 minutes left finished with aplomb, rattling into the roof of the net to make it 4-0.

In another pre-season encounter, goals from Super Eagles striker, Isaac Success, Troy Deeney and Jerome Sinclair gave Premier League side, Watford a 3-1 victory over German club, Fortuna Düsseldorf in Bürgerau.

The Nigerian tapped home the opener for The Hornets after getting onto the end of an Andre Gray's pass at the far post.

And finally, Joshua Maja netted a brace for Sunderland in a 6-0 rout of Scottish opponents, St Mirren at Paisley.

The teenager opened the scoring after 22 minutes, sending a well-cushioned finish in thanks to a pass from Chris Maguire before leaving Mirren goalkeeper, Craig Samson rooted to the spot when he arrowed in a 22-yard effort for his second.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
goldfish80:

I have a feeling he could be sold to fund a move for an elite winger in the shape of Zaha, Coman or someone like that. This could probably be a clandestine move by the club to sound out to interested buyers. Fingers crossed.
Heard we're in for Draxler. Dumb move considering there's Lacazette and Aubamayeng to fit in the starting 11.
Should be looking to sign a better CB. Club is driving me nuts I tell you

(1) (2) (3) ... (4433) (4434) (4435) (4436) (4437) (4438) (4439) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m) and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.