Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11608572 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (16125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
bros your fabu na factory fitted grin every man and his dog knows that apart from diego costa hazard was the main man that powered them to the title.

which retain? bros you fit stretch limits of truth till it passes out. how many goals did remy score that no decent striker couldn't better? cuadrado who didn't do jack that chelsea chased back to italy? drogba that left chelsea at the end of the 2014/2015 season? bros fear God na. so na because of ordinary remy chelsea say make solanke go loan to vitesse? injury prone remy for that matter!!! it is well o

i'm not a city fan so i don't get all this insinuations. KDB was let go by chelsea but he went to wolfsburg proved they were wrong to let him go even voted bundesliga player of the year. oga forgiveness wetin be solanke achievement with vitesse in the lesser dutch eredivise? rashford and iheanacho are 2nd choice in their clubs you are mentioning 3rd choice abeg,abeg

for ajagun let's us this analogy. ajagun went to feyingbole comprehensive grammar school (greek league) this ajagun who is supposed to be a genius o could only come 20th in a class of 30 yet you claim he is very smart despite results to the contrary. so if for sake of argument muscle pull catch ajagun leg wey he no fit score sey e no fit assist? especially as you said he's a CMF/AMF which has to do with creating chances for his team.

how i'm i speaking from both sides of my mouth on the issue of ilori? was he promising? yes. has he lived up to that promise? no if from playing for sporting lisbon and being signed by liverpool he has been reduced to playing for granada and bordeaux. show me any ratings where he was said to have put up any exceptional performance. failure to do that on your part will only leave me to conclude that ilori is an above average player who is no better to what we have now.

forgiveness:

grin it seems you are trying so hard to distort history as it plays.

First of all, Solanke was promoted to the main team by Mourinho after he bought Diego Costa, L. Remy, Cuadrado and Drogba for the 2014/2015 season and they didn't disappoint by helping Chelsea to win the league and the league cup. I repeat he was promoted after these players were bought and these players won two trophies for Chelsea. Unlike Man city and Man United who had problems with their strikers and won nader. grin

Since, Chelsea didn't have any problem with their strikers who won them the League, it was natural to retain them for the next season (2015/2016). So, if he was not good enough he would not have made Chelsea fc first team. Or do you sell your winning team? Chelsea's strikers won them two trophies while Man city and won nader, I say nader. grin We know their strikers flopped big time this last season and this season hence the desperate need to try any dick and harry in that position. If it happened they were scoring goals left, right, back and center, Iheanacho and Rashford no go smell the bench. Was that not why Man City fans complained about the coach benching Iheanacho? grin

2015/2016 season, Chelsea decided to loan Solanke out because their striker don win dem medal last season and where inform. Nobody envisaged that Chelsea would fall last season. Even ya best player in Man City was sent on loan by Chelsea. Abi I lie. Meaning a loaning at Chelsea will definitely make Manchester City first team. grin Abi I lie? Chai! grin Abi De Bruyne no bi Chelsea reject? grin ayaaa 'if De Bruyne was good enough he would have made the Chelsea reserves' Chai! grin meaning he was not good enough for Chelsea. grin
Who knows if Dominic Solanke goes there, he would easily displace Aguero self. grin

Remember, Falcao and Pato came to Chelsea at the middle of the season because it was not possible to terminate Dominic Solanke's loan with Vitesse. Period!

And because he's good enough, they sold all the under performing strikers to make way for Dominic Solanke to fill the slot for the third striker position this 2016/2017 season. I mean 3rd (counting finger.. 1 2 3). We know the first two strikers are performing wella else you would have seen him play. So, relax. This is not Manchester City, 'This is Chelsea_F.C' We are no mate with mushroom club called Manchester City. Period! grin Chai! I must have hitten some fans nerves. grin

So, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah grin

Which double standard? I only reciprocated what was done to Ajagun when I said the coach beefed him. That matter was even before Musa Mohammed issue propped up. But most people said 'if he is good enough blah blah...' so, there is nothing like hypocrisy here. It is simply pay back time. Chikena! grin everyone here is aware of what I am talking about. It is not a hidden secret. I did it intentionally.

You mean, Ajagun should have scored 40 goals before we know say em dey perform as a central midfielder and at times attacking midfielder? Bros, you sure say you know the position Ajagun plays? You sure say you know the responsibilities of a central midfield? You sure say, you fit diffentiate btw striker and goalkeeper, btw coach and central midfielder? grin Maybe you know but you wan carry me play or you no truly know am. Oya, Google is ya friend.

Wetin you dey talk about Tiago Ilori make I here am well? Because with one side of ya mouth, you said 'he showed promise', 'he has regressed' with another side 'he is above average' grin Hahaha!

Point of correction. Tiago Ilori also showed promise in Granada and Bordeaux. Meaning for good three seasons he was playing in top European leagues before he returned to Liverpool last season.

Why was he not approached? afterall some where approached. You know that.

Are you telling me average players plays regularly for top teams in top leagues in Europe?

Please, do not compare Tiago Ilori with the likes of Kenneth Omerue, Troost Ekong, Ali, Oboabona, and co because they are the epitome of above average. grin

They never played in the best leagues in the world while Tiago Ilori has done that. Fact!

Equating them with Tiago Ilori is out of place. Please, try again. grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mr forgiveness should start feasting anytime from now as Uche Agbo has been called to replace Leon Balogun.
He x one of his favorite players let's see how things pan out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Danycrusoe:
Mr forgiveness should start feasting anytime from now as Uche Agbo has been called to replace Leon Balogun.

Agbo has been a regular this season in Granada so it is not a bad choice. It shows Rohr is doing good scouting.

Has Otigba's transfer to Nigeria has not been completed? He would have been a better, more experienced CB choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Uche Agbo isn't a bad choice. He's been a regular for Granada this season and is still on Watford's radar. A player who featured alongside Ajagun at the Fifa U-20 World cup 2013.

But like Sir Tbaba1234 said, "Kenneth Otigba would have been a better choice"

I'm not sure at what "official" stage his switch of allegiance is.

Danycrusoe:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
@thesupernerd, @tbaba1234 thanks, I don't know much abt him (agbo) but all d same I m trying to pull forgiveness legs, he can hype players till kingdom comes grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
chrisooblog:
bros your fabu na factory fitted grin every man and his dog knows that apart from diego costa hazard was the main man that powered them to the title.

which retain? bros you fit stretch limits of truth till it passes out. how many goals did remy score that no decent striker couldn't better? cuadrado who didn't do jack that chelsea chased back to italy? drogba that left chelsea at the end of the 2014/2015 season? bros fear God na. so na because of ordinary remy chelsea say make solanke go loan to vitesse? injury prone remy for that matter!!! it is well o

i'm not a city fan so i don't get all this insinuations. KDB was let go by chelsea but he went to wolfsburg proved they were wrong to let him go even voted bundesliga player of the year. oga forgiveness wetin be solanke achievement with vitesse in the lesser dutch eredivise? rashford and iheanacho are 2nd choice in their clubs you are mentioning 3rd choice abeg,abeg

for ajagun let's us this analogy. ajagun went to feyingbole comprehensive grammar school (greek league) this ajagun who is supposed to be a genius o could only come 20th in a class of 30 yet you claim he is very smart despite results to the contrary. so if for sake of argument muscle pull catch ajagun leg wey he no fit score sey e no fit assist? especially as you said he's a CMF/AMF which has to do with creating chances for his team.

how i'm i speaking from both sides of my mouth on the issue of ilori? was he promising? yes. has he lived up to that promise? no if from playing for sporting lisbon and being signed by liverpool he has been reduced to playing for granada and bordeaux. show me any ratings where he was said to have put up any exceptional performance. failure to do that on your part will only leave me to conclude that ilori is an above average player who is no better to what we have now.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
chrisooblog:

I wouldn't call a club that went 10 straight games without a loss or draw in EPL a mushroom club, still they have one of the most brilliant coaches in the game,as it stands now,Man is no small club, b objective when saying some things not just to hit hard on ur opponent.

And u r not seriously having a thought that Solanke is any where near the class of Aguero.
And for u to say all these this things against KVB is unfair n unacceptable by me. KVB is one of my favorite player in EPL. Though ur arguments are always just for fun,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
Napoleon55:

I wouldn't call a club that went 10 straight games without a loss or draw in EPL a mushroom club, still they have one of the most brilliant coaches in the game,as it stands now,Man is no small club, b objective when saying some things not just to hit hard on ur opponent.

And u r not seriously having a thought that Solanke is any where near the class of Aguero.
And for u to say all these this things against KVB is unfair n unacceptable by me. KVB is one of my favorite player in EPL. Though ur arguments are always just for fun,
This post is meant for Sir forgiveness,
not for chrisooblog. Is ur orthodox way of quoting someone that caused this mistake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Simeone (simmy) Nwankwo opened his goals account yesterday at home against Atlanta. After topping the goals chat in the Portuguese second division last season , he is now adapting to life in Seria-A.

Should we invite him with immediate effect? *sirforgiveness *

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
Yeah I guessed so reading your post.

Napoleon55:

This post is meant for Sir forgiveness,
not for chrisooblog. Is ur orthodox way of quoting someone that caused this mistake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
chrisooblog:

grin every informed man and his well behaved dog knows that Remy scored crucial goals. grin Abi I lie! grin

Against Manchester City, who scored the only goal to get a point?
Against Hull-city-afc, who scored the winning goal to get 3 points?
Against Stoke city, who scored the winning goal to get 3 points?
In last match of the season against Sunderland, who scored the winning goals to get 3 points?

I hope you are counting the points he garnered for Chelsea. 10 good points. Now, how does it matter?

Chelsea won the League with 8 points. You can see how that was a great deal. grin

He scored those goals at the tail end of the season.

So, please come back and tell us something we don't know.

Since, Diego Costa and Remy helped Chelsea fc, they were retained because Remy contributed immensely. So, for that reason, he was retained. Chikena! So, don't come here to tell lies. Biko. grin

Many strikers scored goals but it was useless because it won and brought nothing to the club. Hahaha! grin

So, do you now know why Remy was retained? grin
Is Remy still ordinary in ya eyes? grin ok na kwantinue!

Conclusion; there was no need to keep Cuadrado, Solanke and Drogba because these two strikers helped Chelsea to 2 trophies. They entered the 2015/2016 season with the form of the previous season.

As you can see, na you need to fear God oooo. grin

KDB as good as he is, didn't, couldn't, can't make Chelsea bench. Period! grin

Comparing Chelsea fc with Wolf with bugs, grin sorry Wolfsburg is an insult to Chelsea_F.C grin.

Please, don't make it look as if he hit the ground running on his first loan sojourn in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen. No! Not at all.

It was in his third season he started picking up to had done all those things with Wolfsburg. He was not exceptional in the first and second season in the bundesliga. grin It took him 3 whole seasons to find his footing.

In his first season in the Bundesliga, he played 33 matches and scored only 10 goals. The next season he was recalled from loan but he flopped big time after 3 matches before Chelsea sold the flopped to Wolfsburge once and for all. grin

In his second season, he was too poor. Yiak! grin Managed 16 games out of 34 with just 3 goals. Muhahaha! grin

On the other hand, Dominic Solanke a 17 years old boy hit the ground running in his first professional football career. He scored 7 goals in 25 matches for Vitesse despite the fact that he was injured for almost two months. Vitesse is in the same league with the club that trashed the 'almighty Manchester City' grin. Chai! How the mighty is falling yakata for floor. grin That shows how lesser Man City is in league of European Champions clubs. grin What an irony! grin

Solanke achievement is, he made the Chelsea squad this season as the 3rd striker. Now that is an achievement.

2nd striker in Manchester City can't make Chelsea_F.C's reserve. Sorry to burst ya bubbles! grin

We are taking of Chelsea you dey bring Ma.. Man grin mtcheeeeeeeee! grin Abeg find better thing talk. grin

Ya analogy about Ajagun can't hold water. the question should be, was he part of the team? Did he play regularly for the team? Did it bring trophy? grin

All the answers to these questions is simply YES. Sefini. The rest na grammar. Sorry, it is inconsequential in this discuss. Thanks. grin

Atleast, Tiago Ilori had played in the three best leagues in the world while the 'best' you have right now have never received that honour to play for any of these top three leagues in the world. grin Abeg tell us where dey have played? grin That alone kills it. Gbam! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Danycrusoe:

Chai! Sir Icon4s come see one my players again ooo. Hehehe! grin but I was expecting Kenneth Otigba to be honest.

Anyway, Uche is playing in a better league than Otigba hence the call up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

Agbo has been a regular this season in Granada so it is not a bad choice. It shows Rohr is doing good scouting.

Has Otigba's transfer to Nigeria has not been completed? He would have been a better, more experienced CB choice.

Sir, are you not one of those who said Brian Idowu is not good enough or something like that? grin

I am watching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Danycrusoe:
@thesupernerd, @tbaba1234 thanks, I don't know much abt him (agbo) but all d same I m trying to pull forgiveness legs, he can hype players till kingdom comes grin

grin Na you sabi. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Napoleon55:

Well, Man city in the eyes of Chelsea fc fans na small club na. grin

Since his antics was to bring down anything Chelsea for Man city, I will not excitate to do likewise.

I just said the plain and undiluted truth about KDB. What else do I say or how do I say it?

So, don't you think he has been unfair to Solanke, Remy or his subject of mockery?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
forgiveness:

Sir, are you not one of those who said Brian Idowu is not good enough or something like that? grin

I am watching.

Brian Idowu is playing in Russian, Agbo is playing in Spain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
ChrisKels:
Simeone (simmy) Nwankwo opened his goals account yesterday at home against Atlanta. After topping the goals chat in the Portuguese second division last season , he is now adapting to life in Seria-A.

Should we invite him with immediate effect? *sirforgiveness *

So that guy has gone to Seria A? shocked
That sounds cool.

Bros, if the lad scores consecutively, why not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00am On Sep 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Kevin De Bruyne – World class[/size]

Manchester City have a squad full of talented players, but one who currently stands out head and shoulders above the rest is Kevin De Bruyne.

The stats don’t lie, in 48 games for City he has 18 goals and 16 assists to his name. Arguably the best ‘number ten’ in world football, De Bruyne (KDB) originally helped to shift the weight off of David Silva when it came to creating chances and providing assists but has become so important to City that in his absence last season due to injury, City looked a completely different side.

That form has rolled over into this season, with the Belgian playmaker being outstanding in the Champions League fixtures and against both Man United and Bournemouth in the Premier League.

City hugely missed De Bruyne last season when he was injured.

Originally signed under André Villas-Boas at Chelsea for on the 2012 winter deadline day, many predicted KDB to be a future star for Chelsea. He stayed on loan at Genk until the end of the 2011/2012 season and in the 2012/13 season joined Werder Bremen on a season-long loan where he had a successful season, which encouraged José Mourinho to keep KDB as part of Chelsea’s 2014 title charge.

However, in what has proved to be a mistake, De Bruyne was sold by Mourinho in January of 2014 to Wolfsburg, for whom he had a formidable year and a half for, scoring 10 goals, providing 21 assists, winning the 2015 DFB Pokal and the 2015 Footballer of the year in Germany.

https://thefootballforecast.com/2016/09/18/kevin-de-bruyne-world-class/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:01am On Sep 28, 2016
tbaba1234:

Brian Idowu is playing in Russian, Agbo is playing in Spain

What about Tiago Ilori?

Where is Kenneth Omerue, Ekong and Madu playing?

Which of the league is rated higher?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04am On Sep 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Robbie Savage column: I was wrong. Manchester City's £54m Kevin De Bruyne swoop looks bang on the money[/size]

The big-money Belgian will never be a superstar like a Messi, Suarez or Ronaldo but he seems a perfect fit for the exciting team Pep Guardiola is building.

When Kevin De Bruyne joined Manchester City for £54million, he became one of the world’s top 10 most expensive signings.

At the time, I said I would not pay good money to watch him play.

The others on that list 12 months ago – Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, Neymar, James Rodriguez, Angel Di Maria, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kaka and Edinson Cavani – were all worth the entrance-money on their own.

You can add all-time greats from this century, like Lionel Messi, the Brazilian Ronaldo, Andriy Shevchenko and Rivaldo, to that list.

I would have emptied my wallet to see them all in their prime.

But after watching his star turn in the Manchester derby , the highest compliment I can pay De Bruyne now is that I WOULD pay decent money to watch him play.

Maybe not as an individual, but as part of Pep Guardiola’s exciting City team? Yes please! Just tell me where I hand over my money.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-column-wrong-manchester-8850566
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:05am On Sep 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]Kevin De Bruyne – World class[/size]

Manchester City have a squad full of talented players, but one who currently stands out head and shoulders above the rest is Kevin De Bruyne.

The stats don’t lie, in 48 games for City he has 18 goals and 16 assists to his name. Arguably the best ‘number ten’ in world football, De Bruyne (KDB) originally helped to shift the weight off of David Silva when it came to creating chances and providing assists but has become so important to City that in his absence last season due to injury, City looked a completely different side.

That form has rolled over into this season, with the Belgian playmaker being outstanding in the Champions League fixtures and against both Man United and Bournemouth in the Premier League.

City hugely missed De Bruyne last season when he was injured.

Originally signed under André Villas-Boas at Chelsea for on the 2012 winter deadline day, many predicted KDB to be a future star for Chelsea. He stayed on loan at Genk until the end of the 2011/2012 season and in the 2012/13 season joined Werder Bremen on a season-long loan where he had a successful season, which encouraged José Mourinho to keep KDB as part of Chelsea’s 2014 title charge.

However, in what has proved to be a mistake, De Bruyne was sold by Mourinho in January of 2014 to Wolfsburg, for whom he had a formidable year and a half for, scoring 10 goals, providing 21 assists, winning the 2015 DFB Pokal and the 2015 Footballer of the year in Germany.

https://thefootballforecast.com/2016/09/18/kevin-de-bruyne-world-class/

@bolded said it all. Only in smaller clubs. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2016
Someone tries to equate Manchester City In the same bracket as Vitesse.

Manchester City In the last five seasons won Two League Cups, One FA Cup and Two English Premier League titles. Manchester City reached the Champions League semi-finals last season. Lost to the eventual winner, Real Madrid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10am On Sep 28, 2016
forgiveness:

@bolded said it all. Only in smaller clubs. grin

Two EPL titles, One FA Cup and Two League Cups in the last five seasons, small club.

Quit talking football. You suck at it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:14am On Sep 28, 2016
[size=14pt]De Bruyne named player of the year in Germany[/size]

Kevin De Bruyne received 367 of the 657 votes cast by journalists

Wolfsburg midfielder Kevin de Bruyne hailed "a great honour" after being voted footballer of the year in Germany by journalists following his ten goals and 21 assists in 2014/15.

Kevin de Bruyne has been voted player of the year in Germany after a stellar season in the Bundesliga, helping his side finish second and seal their UEFA Champions League return.

The Belgian international struck ten goals and a Bundesliga record 21 assists in 2014/15, having joined Wolfsburg from Chelsea in January 2014. De Bruyne received 367 of the 657 votes cast by German journalists in the poll organised by Kicker magazine, putting him comfortably clear of Bayern München duo Arjen Robben (94) and 2014 winner Manuel Neuer (67).

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2267712.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:28am On Sep 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Two EPL titles, One FA Cup and Two League Cups in the last five seasons, small club.

Quit talking football. You suck at it.

Compared to Chelsea, Man city na learner. Na small club. Sorry. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2016
forgiveness:

What about Tiago Ilori?

Where is Kenneth Omerue, Ekong and Madu playing?

Which of the league is rated higher?

Ilori is hardly playing..

Omeruo,Ekong, madu are established.. Brian needs to prove himself first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:39am On Sep 28, 2016
forgiveness:

Compared to Chelsea, Man city na learner. Na small club. Sorry. grin

You can fuel your ego with what suits you.

In the last two meetings in the EPL between Manchester City and Chelsea, Manchester beat Chelsea 3-0.

21 Mar 2012 Manchester City v Chelsea W 2-1 Premier League
12 Aug 2012 Chelsea v Manchester City W 2-3 FA Community Shield
25 Nov 2012 Chelsea v Manchester City D 0-0 Premier League
24 Feb 2013 Manchester City v Chelsea W 2-0 Premier League
14 Apr 2013 Chelsea v Manchester City W 1-2 FA Cup
27 Oct 2013 Chelsea v Manchester City L 2-1 Premier League
03 Feb 2014 Manchester City v Chelsea L 0-1 Premier League
15 Feb 2014 Manchester City v Chelsea W 2-0 FA Cup
21 Sep 2014 Manchester City v Chelsea D 1-1 Premier League
31 Jan 2015 Chelsea v Manchester City D 1-1 Premier League
16 Aug 2015 Manchester City v Chelsea W 3-0 Premier League
21 Feb 2016 Chelsea v Manchester City L 5-1 FA Cup
16 Apr 2016 Chelsea v Manchester City W 0-3 Premier League

Just look at the record between Chelsea and Manchester City since 2012. Apart from the FA Cup where we played most of our reserve players, see the competition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:50am On Sep 28, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ilori is hardly playing..

Omeruo,Ekong, madu are established.. Brian needs to prove himself first.

What happened when he played for 3 good seasons at a stretch?

What does it takes for one to become established?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:55am On Sep 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can fuel your ego with what suits you.

In the last two meetings in the EPL between Manchester City and Chelsea, Manchester beat Chelsea 3-0.

21 Mar 2012 Manchester City v Chelsea W 2-1 Premier League
12 Aug 2012 Chelsea v Manchester City W 2-3 FA Community Shield
25 Nov 2012 Chelsea v Manchester City D 0-0 Premier League
24 Feb 2013 Manchester City v Chelsea W 2-0 Premier League
14 Apr 2013 Chelsea v Manchester City W 1-2 FA Cup
27 Oct 2013 Chelsea v Manchester City L 2-1 Premier League
03 Feb 2014 Manchester City v Chelsea L 0-1 Premier League
15 Feb 2014 Manchester City v Chelsea W 2-0 FA Cup
21 Sep 2014 Manchester City v Chelsea D 1-1 Premier League
31 Jan 2015 Chelsea v Manchester City D 1-1 Premier League
16 Aug 2015 Manchester City v Chelsea W 3-0 Premier League
21 Feb 2016 Chelsea v Manchester City L 5-1 FA Cup
16 Apr 2016 Chelsea v Manchester City W 0-3 Premier League

Just look at the record between Chelsea and Manchester City since 2012. Apart from the FA Cup where we played lost of our reserve players, see the competition.

No! I am fueling it with facts on ground. Wetin dem take am win pass Chelsea? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:26am On Sep 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Former Olympic coach Siasia demands unpaid salary from Nigeria
By Oluwashina Okeleji
[/size]

Samson Siasia

Samson Siasia, Nigeria's former under-23 coach, has given the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) a two-week ultimatum to settle its debt to him.

Siasia says the NFF owes him five months' salary arrears from the start of April to August 2016.

The 49-year-old led the country to a bronze medal finish at the Rio Olympics.

Barely five weeks after ending his two-year contract on a high, Siasia said his patience is fast running out.

"I have given them a two week ultimatum to pay me or I will sit inside the NFF office in Abuja until I get paid," Siasia told BBC Sport.

"The national team is preparing for a World Cup qualifier and to be honest my unhealthy distractions are the last thing they need right now.

"I've made it clear in my letter that my assistants and I should be paid the backlog owed because it's inhuman.

"As head of our families we sacrificed everything for the country but the NFF refused to pay us - it's not only heartless but wicked," he said.

A top NFF official acknowledged the debt but said Siasia's latest remarks are "unfortunate".

The NFF attributed the delay to the latest financial procedures which must be adhered to by all.

"There's a new financial procedure in place, which has not been concluded by the federation," the NFF official told BBC Sport.

"His latest outburst is just unfortunate but the process (to pay him) is still ongoing. There is no attempt to deny Siasia or his assistants their dues."

As a player Siasia won the 1994 Nations Cup and played for Nigeria at their maiden appearance at the 1994 World Cup.

He was in charge when Nigeria finished as runners-up at the 2005 Fifa U-20 World Cup in the Netherlands.

He led the country to the 2015 African U-23 championship and also coached them to silver and bronze medals at the 2008 and 2016 Olympics football event.

It is not the first time Nigerian coaches have been caught in the web of unpaid salaries.

Recently the likes of Christian Chukwu, Shuaibu Amodu, Eucharia Uche, John Obuh, Austin Eguavoen, Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh have gone to the media after seeking payment for outstanding salaries.
m.bbc.com/sport/football/37462502
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:07am On Sep 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Amokachi: I’ll Perform Wonders If Given Super Eagles Job
[/size]

Finnish second division side JS Hercules coach Daniel Amokachi still nurses the ambition of becoming the head coach of Nigeria’s senior national team and believes he will excel with the team, reports Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

Amokachi, who has had spells as Super Eagles assistant under the late Amodu Shuaibu and the late Stephen Keshi, says the new Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is lucky to get the job with the current crop of talented players in the team.

“I know that one day I’ll be the head coach of the Nigeria national team and I will take Nigerian football to a level nobody has taken them to before,” former Nigeria and Everton striker Amokachi told The Guardian. “The ability of players we have these days … any coach given this job is lucky.

“In my head, I know how we’d play and the blueprint is ready to go. With the talent there now, we should be surpassing my generation, the players from the 1990s. It’s sad, because people still refer back 20 years without looking at what we’ve got today, but the quality is second to none.

“They seem to have given everybody except me an opportunity but, by God’s grace, it will happen.”

The former IfeanyiUbah FC coach, who won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria asa player, added: “I’m 44 this year and I’m still learning, tactically and managerially. For me, to be head coach here is incredible, a grace from heaven. You have to start somewhere to get somewhere, and Africans just don’t get these opportunities.

“We’ll see how things go at the end of the season. I feel at home here, and that’s the most important thing. It’s why I’m still here. If I didn’t feel at home I’d be long, long gone.”
www.completesportsnigeria.com/51513-2/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:15am On Sep 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ezenwa says 'I’m hale and hearty'

By: Humphrey Njoku
[/size]

Ikechukwu Ezenwa © Shengolpixs

FC IfeanyiUbah goalkeeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa has dispelled fears that he is badly injured in the top-flight oriental clash against champions, Enyimba.

The Super Eagles shot stopper suffered a minor muscle cramp in the 70th minute and was subsequently replaced by Uche Okafor in the top-flight matchday 37 tie 1-0 win against the People’s Elephant in Nnewi.

The former Sunshine Stars goalie is among the 23 Eagles invited by manager, Gernot Rohr for the crucial 2018 World Cup qualifying match against the Zambian opposite, the Chipolopolo in Ndola on Sunday, October 09.

Ezenwa said he is 100% fit and will be on duty in his side last day NPFL make or mar clash at Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries (MFM) FC.

“I merely picked a little muscle cramp in the 70th minute in the NPFL matchday 37 clash against Enyimba in Nnewi.

“The decision to replace me by substitute goalkeeper, Uche Okafor was mainly precautionary.

“I’m perfectly 100% okay and will be in Lagos for the crucial last day match at MFM FC.

“The report is not correct that I’m injured and doubtful for the Super Eagles World Cup assignment against Zambia in Ndola on Sunday, October 09,” said Ezenwa to supersport.com.

Ezenwa said his side are poised to win one of the continental tickets in the on-going top-flight.

“The mood in camp is perfect but not celebration time yet after the win against Enyimba.

“The players know what is at stake both in the Federation Cup as well as the NPFL as it concerns the continental ambition.

“Right now the players involved in the Federation Cup are about heading off to kaduna for the semifinals clash against NNL side, Crown FC on Wednesday.

“Some of us not involved will be preparing to storm Lagos for the NPFL last day clash at MFM FC.

“Firstly, we want to secure a continental ticket at MFM FC with a win before redirecting the focus on Federation Cup.

“We are ready to battle MFM FC for the whole three points at stake as the outcome will change virtually everything,” said Ezenwa.

FC IfeanyiUbah are third on the Nigerian top-flight log on 56 points four behind leaders and oriental neighbours, Enugu Rangers.
ng.supersport.mobi/football/nigeria/news/160926/Ezenwa_says_Im_hale_and_hearty
[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (16125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, lordofstrings, victornoah(m), Christinu2, Philosopher1979, Truidstarr, Taazenga(m), damagnificentusb(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.