Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11707765 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
That is debatable... because Kelechi's name always seem to pop up in a manner that ambiguously means he is being made fun of......

maidaboi:
why will we ask him to leave if we don't love him
let me correct something the "drills" and other names called here are targeted at thegoodjoe and not kelechi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Well I have.... and It goes way back to previous pages....

safarigirl:
i have not noticed a repeated jeering at Kelechi, I have noticed a repeated jeering at thegoodjoe. Last I checked, he was the one who constantly attributed Kelechi's lack of game time to 'drills'.

If he hadn't repeatedly made such an excuse, no one would mention it. So, I beg to disagree that Kelechi is the one being made fun of here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
It is actually bad My Good man.... it is.

Consider this:

Johnson is having a bad or rough patch in his career of choice and things aren't just clicking for him at the moment even though he keeps giving his best and we know that sometimes (or most times) great things that require efforts take time. Now, Instead of Support or encouragement, what he gets is people using the situation to poke all kinds of jokes and subtlly ambiguous mockery at him....

How will Johnson feel? but also... what does it say about the people doing such? and is it morally right to do so?

Chrismario:
@Thesupernerd

I dont know if u are taking it way too personal.
Having fun is part of human activities and using iheanacho's situation is to do dat is not as bad as u re trying to put it.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Well I have.... and It goes way back to previous pages....

Maybe your sentiments are making you see things where there is nothing

I have read every page of this thread and I have not seen a comment about Kelechi without the signature 'drills' attached to it. That is a goodjoe dig

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
goldfish80:

What was their score against Italy in today's game? By the way, who came about that silly name Super sand eagles? The name lacks imagination to be honest.

The match starts in about 25 minutes. Btw Senegal is straight up punking Ecuador right now(9-0).
I think every name after super eagles and falcons lacked imagination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

That is debatable... because Kelechi's name always seem to pop up in a manner that ambiguously means he is being made fun of......

NO
thegoodjoe has always been the one people make fun of when it concerns kelechi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
She said this.... obviously saying there is nothing wrong... smiley

Rather than vilify people, leave them to deal with his rough patch as they please. If e never pain you reach to dey insult am, e don pain others reach like that

I replied this.... specifically within the scope of what she said...

If others resort to digs and insults to show their displeasure then it shows how immature they are.... smiley ...

jamel9:
I hate doing this, but you push me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Then why does the name Kelechi come up in manners that makes him the target?

I am not blind... smiley

maidaboi:
NO
thegoodjoe has always been the one people make fun of when it concerns kelechi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think people are genuinely concerned about Iheanacho because of the belief of game time being the best route. I think their digs and pokes is an Avenue to air out their frustration.

However, I still feel Nacho is on the right path. When he gets his time, many will smile. Just as people hated the decision of Nacho joining City earlier. After he started banging the goals, even articles highlighted that the dad knew best.

I asked, what of me?

How will he ever get the time when there are players like Gabriel and Aguero and city are looking for another striker he can't get his chance bar injuries don't you get.he could be improving with the drills, but Gabriel also does the drills too and gets to practice what he learnt.
Only hope is he reinvents himself and becomes Silva s replacement, He needs to move to a club with a coach that is interested in his improvement, and has a pathway for him. Pep is overwhelmed he cant manage young talents this year no youth team player has broken out this season very unlike Pep
The ones that managed to break out last season he is virtually sending them back. and it could get worse because he would be getting close to 250 million to spend.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
"Let Kelechi Continue drilling for oil... maybe he will find some on Etihad ground"

"Kelechi considers drill time as more important than an ordinary derby...."

"Kelechi, keep on drilling u hear... keep it on, Oil will come"

Digs at Only theGoodJoe.... ? Sorry, I don't think so.... they are all subtly placed....

And all sound ambiguous.... as much as they attack TheGoodJoe's drills talks, they also take swipes at Kelechi's condition....

Maybe you should be at the center of a joke that people make to take digs at someone else ..... then you will see the ambiguity in the comments and then it will be so much fun abi? wink

safarigirl:
Maybe your sentiments are making you see things where there is nothing

I have read every page of this thread and I have not seen a comment about Kelechi without the signature 'drills' attached to it. That is a goodjoe dig

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Oga abeg no vex.... smiley abeg I am aware too of our super sand Eagles.... Abeg.... na this kelecki matter wey just tire me.... sad

BascoVanVeli:

The match starts in about 25 minutes. Btw Senegal is straight up punking Ecuador right now(9-0).
I think every name after super eagles and falcons lacked imagination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
It is actually bad My Good man.... it is.

Consider this:

Johnson is having a bad or rough patch in his career of choice and things aren't just clicking for him at the moment even though he keeps giving his best and we know that sometimes (or most times) great things that require efforts take time. Now, Instead of Support or encouragement, what he gets is people using the situation to poke all kinds of jokes and subtlly ambiguous mockery at him....

How will Johnson feel? but also... what does it say about the people doing such? and is it morally right to do so?

Moral

It seems U re plainly being sentimental because you love kc .

Where re you wen some people from this thread re wishing bad luck to G.jesus?
Some are praying for his injury to last till end of season.
Y dont u tackle those guys?
Y dont u defend him??
Cos hes non- Nigerian i guess cool
Dont u know its against moral,,,,, equity knows no tribe

Kc is not the first and wont be the last to be called out in this forum.
Infact he should know that he's currently our poster boy and so whenever we sense any movement that we felt it might stud his growth as a pro. , it our duty to call him to order by criticizing him (tho she was throwing it to goodjoe wich u missed)

So stop making it as if we dont love kc,,,we care as much as u do ,,,,who knows we might be caring about him more dan u do

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 11:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
She said this.... obviously saying there is nothing wrong... smiley

I replied this.... specifically within the scope of what she said...

You knew they were throwing digs at him, it was even to Thegoodjoe, for his drill talk. That was why you said that. All am saying is that, we should not experience such backlash that we experienced last time (The invasion) due to some provocative words we use.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
And this my good Sir is why he will leave City.... and "must"

He had had enough of training time as he hasn't been on most matchday squads this year anyway... so now it is time to take his bags and zoom off to a team with a coach that will continue his development as much as give him playing time.

Many don't know that Arsenal came for Djibril Sidibe I think... of Monaco.

But he chose Monaco instead of Arsenal because as much as he is training, he will also gets minutes of play time and look at him today... one of France's brightest talents at right back...

He combined training with playing time.... that is the model I preach and want for Kelechi and I am sure most on this thread wants that too but some have taken to repeatedly using unhealthy digs to make their voice heard....

Kelechi will leave City especially if they bring another striker/forward....

Even if they don't (which is unlikely), Kelechi must still leave because Gabby J and Aguero are all that Pep thinks of when he is asked , "Who are your strikers?"

binhozie:

How will he ever get the time when there are players like Gabriel and Aguero and city are looking for another striker he can't get his chance bar injuries don't you get.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
We need pro beach soccer players. This team is filled with old guys from the NPFL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Oga abeg no vex.... smiley abeg I am aware too of our super sand Eagles.... Abeg.... na this kelecki matter wey just tire me.... sad

Naija scores 1-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
So you witnessed the "invasion"... cheesy

Wow! nice... smiley

And I am sure you remember it was because of Mikel that " invasion" happened......

.. and I was at the forefront dropping facts to defend his legend and contributions to Nigerian and African football and that he was no squad player in all but one of His trophy wins at Chelsea.... and the heights was when he was called a non-entity....

Amazing how much times I have been hit for coming to the defence of our players in discussions....

I knew it would not be healthy if We allow this nacho issue to dominate as rash comments will be made to mock his situation as they have occasionally been made I'm previous pages... this is why I said... "nacho this, nacho that... let us discuss something else" almost like several pages ago....

jamel9:
You knew they were throwing digs at him, it was even to Thegoodjoe, for his drill talk. That was why you said that. All am saying is that, we should not experience such backlash as we experienced last time (The invasion) due to some provocative words we use.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jesu! Italy with a wonder goal 1-1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thanks for understanding Sir Basco.... I knew I could count on you... grin
Go Super Sand Eagles Go!!!!
Oya na super sand eagles matter Naa....... cheesy

BascoVanVeli:

Naija scores 1-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nna eh! But shaa.... I expect Italy to score ooo... but make we just outscore them....

BascoVanVeli:
Jesu! Italy with a wonder goal 1-1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
Wait ooo... Italy just missed a penalty....
Come on Sand Eagles!!!! don't gift them such opportunities again abeg....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Nna eh! But shaa.... I expect Italy to score ooo... but make we just outscore them....

Akwa United's Godpower Igudia with a goal. 2-1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
Gods power scores... Nigeria 2-1 Italy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
binhozie:

How will he ever get the time when there are players like Gabriel and Aguero and city are looking for another striker he can't get his chance bar injuries don't you get.he could be improving with the drills, but Gabriel also does the drills too and gets to practice what he learnt.
Only hope is he reinvents himself and becomes Silva s replacement, He needs to move to a club with a coach that is interested in his improvement, and has a pathway for him. Pep is overwhelmed he cant manage young talents this year no youth team player has broken out this season very unlike Pep
The ones that managed to break out last season he is virtually sending them back. and it could get worse because he would be getting close to 250 million to spend.

What baffles me (because I am a target of repeated attacks.) is that my stance for Iheanacho has always been if he does not get game time, he leaves.

This was something I said during the preseason. I bet TheSuperNerd remembers when I posted a pic of Iheanacho on the training pitch with Guardiola during the preseason. I said Icon4s, Guardiola has started drilling your boy.

What is best for Kelechi is to learn, after that, Game time. I have said get a run of games at City or somewhere else.

Is that difficult for the bashers to get. It is so basic. Learn this difficult system, master it and get game time.

If someone can not grasp something as simple as this, then they can do as they please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Which kain fastest fingers be this one naa? angry

BascoVanVeli:

Akwa United's Godpower Igudia with a goal. 2-1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
We are forcing them to play football and not beach soccer. This is good because we have no chance in beach soccer. As i am saying this 2-2.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sir TheGoodJoe.... I have just seen your mention Inugo?
I go reply you later.... right now... our sand eagles are balling.... wink
They need the attention now....
Come on Boys!
This Italy keeper must hear am today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Which kain fastest fingers be this one naa? angry

LoL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

So you witnessed the "invasion"... cheesy

Wow! nice... smiley

And I am sure you remember it was because of Mikel that " invasion" happened......

.. and I was at the forefront dropping facts to defend his legend and contributions to Nigerian and African football and that he was no squad player in all but one of His trophy wins at Chelsea.... and the heights was when he was called a non-entity....

Amazing how much times I have been hit for coming to the defence of our players in discussions....

I knew it would not be healthy if We allow this nacho issue to dominate as rash comments will be made to mock his situation as they have occasionally been made I'm previous pages... this is why I said... "nacho this, nacho that... let us discuss something else" almost like several pages ago....

Yes i did. Men, it was like the 3rd world war. You guys did great to have pulled through. That is why i plead, you pass you massage without any offensive word that could spark an outrage. Remember two wrongs can't make a right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Looooollll..... I like that....

That Zurlo abi na wetin be him name.... that overhead ehn.... anyway, Our boys will score more...

Come on Super Sand Eagles! Let's go there...

BascoVanVeli:
We are forcing them to play football and not beach soccer. This is good because we have no chance in beach soccer. As i am saying this 2-2.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
I have received digs for Mikel for years. So taking digs because people can not understand the complex and difficulty on mastering Guardiola's method and how it will make a player better, then they are free to received digs.

Nacho will work hard. He has told the diggers that he is learning everyday. When he feels he has learnt a lot, he will get game time and prove himself. Whether at City or another club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Point taken Sir.... I just dey reason how I go wound that Zurlo wey score with overhead kick moments ago.... angry

jamel9:
Yes i did. Men, it was like the 3rd world war. You guys did great to have pulled through. That is why i plead, you pass you massage without any offensive word that could spark an outrage. Remember two wrongs can't make a right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, kennysville(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.