Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,047 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11801544 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:53am On May 28, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
I am almost to the point were i won't read Nigerians twitter feed again during matches. None of the sitters that they claimed the players missed were actually sitters. The penalty was clearly not one but yet nobody put that out there.

Funny enough the feeds actually came from the @NGsupereagles twitter handle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeezy00: 10:23am On May 28, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

The only thing I blame him for was doing it on a yellow, apart from that i see no big deal in diving.
It's a big deal oh, especially because he is an African player don't be suprise if the fans turn on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2017
EmmGee:

"It was fixed"
"Chelsea weren't up for it"
"The players were obviously in holiday mood"

even the referee action is qiestionable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Wow! why would Chelsea pass up the chance for a double?

undecided

nothing money cannot buy, am sure you don't watch the match like me,

if not, I wud have speak further,

or how do you explain our own MOSES diving like a fish, and playing like he don't know what he was doing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38pm On May 28, 2017
nelszx:

Funny enough the feeds actually came from the @NGsupereagles twitter handle

Exactly that's what vexed me the most.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeezy00: 12:39pm On May 28, 2017
do4luv14:

or how do you explain our own MOSES diving like a fish, and playing like he don't know what he was doing
Nothing was fixed my brother
Fixing in London Derby that's too much
Chelsea started that match in a very bad manner and arsenal started quit similar to the way man Utd started against Chelsea in there 2*0 win too
They were all over Chelsea forced their midfielders into playing below bar
So Moses dive was fixed too, LMAO
Let's not take it away from arsenal they played well and deserved the trophy

Nothing like fixed pooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2017
do4luv14:

Before he went off Moses was the most lively player. He almost came close to scoring and he was tormenting Ox. Before u ask about Moses go and find Hazard.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeezy00: 12:44pm On May 28, 2017
do4luv14:

even the referee action is qiestionable
Questionable? How? A player dived right in front of him and you expect him to just let that slide
Chelsea lost and it's better accepting they performed below expectation,not bringing fixed match pooo Into an fa cup final between London rivals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 12:51pm On May 28, 2017
do4luv14:

na today moses start to dey dive?...he was not lucky yesterday...when he dived against Tottenham why didn't you shout match fixing?

Chelsea lost to a better team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2017
teeezy00:

It's a big deal oh, especially because he is an African player don't be suprise if the fans turn on him

That would be like knowing somebody is stealing to feed u and then shouting "this guy is a thief" when he gets caught.
I know the British make it a big deal but it should not be for us. If the British are such good people why didnt they admit that their ball didn't cross the line in the finals of their only world cup victory? Why did Michael Owen dive against Argentina in the world cup? People do worse than dive, Vardy got Nasri sent off after provoking him and the media called him smart. They should just free the guy because he feel very bad already. I just trust his mindset that he will never let anything get to him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:06pm On May 28, 2017
teeezy00:

Questionable? How? A player dived right in front of him and you expect him to just let that slide
Chelsea lost and it's better accepting they performed below expectation,not bringing fixed match pooo Into an fa cup final between London rivals

I know the match wasn't fixed but u have to admit that arsenal's first goal had questionable written all over it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:15pm On May 28, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
I am almost to the point were i won't read Nigerians twitter feed again during matches. None of the sitters that they claimed the players missed were actually sitters. The penalty was clearly not one but yet nobody put that out there.
it seems like the nff didn't want onyekuru to be invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2017
@ Moses dive palava

Na only look fowl dey look groundnut wey dey inside bottle

Moses is a superstar now in Chelsea and nothing anyone can do about that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2017
maidaboi:

That is why they don't care when the team doesn't play on tv because then they can make up anything they want.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:51pm On May 28, 2017
maidaboi:

I don't think so.

What does NFF stand to gain by not wanting Onyekuru in the team?

Players ratings are subjective.

Just look at last night's FA Cup final.
A Chelsea fan argued that Per Mertesacker was man of the match. A player I personally didn't even consider for such. He gave reasons which I actually saw sense in.

For the Corsica game some peeps here were calling for Musa's head, even though I doubt whether they watched the game. But owngoal came up to rate Musa 7/10.

You are defending Onyekuru but did you too watch the full game?

From the 1.5 mins clips I watched here.
At least I saw Onyekuru in good scoring position and took a shot at goal, I saw Musa do same, U saw other attempts and even Etobo's moves that led to the penalty but I don't think I saw any highlights about Iheanacho (anybody who saw any can please correct me) . Does that mean he had little or no impact on the game aside the penalty he took? Nobody is saying anything about that.

Issues of ratings are subjective. You are free to come up with yours if you really watched the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2017
Icon4s:

I don't think so.

A Chelsea fan argued that Per Mertesacker was man of the match. A player I personally didn't even consider for such. He gave reasons which I actually saw sense in.

For the Corsica game some peeps here were calling for Musa's head, even though I doubt whether they watched the game. But owngoal came up to rate Musa 7/10.

At least I saw Onyekuru in good scoring position and took a shot at goal, I saw Musa do same, U saw other attempts and even Etobo's moves that led to the penalty but I don't think I saw any highlights about Iheanacho (anybody who saw any can please correct me) . Does that mean he had little or no impact on the game aside the penalty he took? Nobody is saying anything about that.

Issues of ratings are subjective. You are free to come up with yours if you really watched the match.

what the nff did was not encouraging
explain why we did not watch the game?
and their commentary on twitter was a wack
are you saying that nff don't inposed players to super eagle?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:34pm On May 28, 2017
jotey:

solanke...onomah..ejaria..ojo...tomori

Wow, I always thought "ojo was of Benin republic decent and onomah French. It's cool to know I've been wrong all along. Thanks!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:37pm On May 28, 2017
Icon4s:

I don't think so.

what the nff did was not encouraging
explain why we did not watch the game?
and their commentary on twitter was a wack
are you saying that nff don't inposed players to super eagle?
I did not talk about the ratings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2017
See as arsenal loyalist wan finish me here,

abeg mak Una come explain Una first goal,
one dey offside , anoda one use im two hand direct ball before im score

and Una dey yarn ontop say Una win common FA cup, chaiii

BLUESSSSSS......

#KINGOFLONDON
#NOONELIKEBLUES
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:44pm On May 28, 2017
I'm so glad the main argument has moved from the FA cup final back to the Corsica player ratings. Let Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU enjoy their titles. Leave our beloved Moses alone.

Like I said earlier I don't trust the OGN ratings unless they TRULLY had a representative in Corsica watch the match as they claim.. Official ratings carry more weight (in terms of credibility) than personal ratings. Official ratings accross the board may differ, but will show skmilarities. I'm still waiting to watch the full match, that's if we will ever have it.

Feel free to start an EPL/FA thread

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:46pm On May 28, 2017
On NFF not showing our games live, there are many things to consider, especially the attitude of majority of our tv stations, I tell you wen you wanna broadcast a live match, you MST consider the commercial, if it will bring gud returns , if not

gbam!! They won't show it,
go and ask Baba NTA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:48pm On May 28, 2017
Joebie:
I'm so glad the main argument has moved from the FA cup final back to the Corsica player ratings. Let Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU enjoy their titles. Leave our beloved Moses alone.

Like I said earlier I don't trust the OGN ratings unless they TRULLY had a representative in Corsica watch the match as they claim.. Official ratings carry more weight (in terms of credibility) than personal ratings. Official ratings accross the board may differ, but will show skmilarities. I'm still waiting to watch the full match, that's if we will ever have it.

Feel free to start an EPL/FA thread

you on point man,
happy Sunday!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2017
Full List – Iheanacho Missing, 17 Eagles In Camp, Iwobi & Ola Aina Expected Tonight

A total of 17 players are currently in the camp of the Super Eagles of Nigeria preparing for their next friendly game against Togo following the arrival of Wilfred Ndidi and Olarewaju Kayode.

The arrival of the duo would have swelled the number of players in the Paris camp of the team to 18, if not for Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho who left the camp for London.

Iheanacho played and scored Nigeria’s only goal in their 1-1 draw against Corsica on Friday, but was permitted by coach Gernot Rohr to travel to London where he is expected to hold talks and a possible medical with West Ham United ahead a £24m move.

The number will no doubt swell further later today when the duo of Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina arrive the camp following Cup duties with their respective teams. Iwobi was an unused substitute for Arsenal while Aina wasn’t listed for Chelsea as Arsenal clinch the FA Cup with a 2-1 win.

Full List.
1. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
2. Dele Alampasu
3. Elderson Echiejile
4. Wilfred Ndidi
5. Mikel Agu
6. William Troost-Ekong
7. Chidozie Awaziem
8. Shehu Abdullahi
9. Tyronne Ebuehi
10. Oghenekaro Etebo
11. Henry Onyekuru
12. Uche Agbo
13. Alhassan Ibrahim
14. Sikiru Olatubosun
15. Stephen Odey
16. Olarewaju Kayode
17. Ahmed Musa

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/28/14637/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:09pm On May 28, 2017
No Eredivisie for Nwakali's loan club

Awoniyi losing too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:11pm On May 28, 2017
I think Muazzam will break into the Eagles... That will be a real plus for Manu Garba 2013 team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2017
Bia Onyekuru @bolded..... I have to call you to order here. Once or Twice, Iheanacho was free for a pass and you instead chose to shoot and spoilt the chances... one of them was a clear strike on goal but you still fluffed... And how you go see the options ahead when you no wan raise your head on time naa?? Abeg... you try but you were not just "it" against Corsica... hopefully you make amends against Togo.... Chikena!

......................................................................................................

Why Red Hot Onyekuru Failed To Shine, Score For Nigeria Against Corsica

The highly anticipated Nigeria senior national team debut for hot in demand KAS Eupen forward Henry Onyekuru happened against Corsica, but didn’t quite provided the spark many expected.

Onyekuru was handed a start by coach Gernot Rohr in the game that ended 1-1, but the forward who lasted the entire duration of the game failed to justify the hype surrounding him after his 24 goals haul for Eupen.

19 year old Onyekuru wasted a clear chance to draw Nigeria level minutes after they went behind, but he fluffed his lines and missed what looked like a certain goal for Nigeria.

After the miss, he thrice gave away possession cheaply and although he improved in the second half, he wasn’t such a goal threat to the opponent as many would have expected form the Arsenal target.

” I think the goal he missed affected his game negatively. He should have scored but stuffs like that happens, but after the incident he wasn’t keen of taking risk anymore and threaded cautiously “, a teammate told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” After the game he confessed to me that the loss (lost chance) affeected his confidence level, and when he went over it he didn’t have any real chance at goal. He also complained of the lack of options in front of him when on the ball”.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/28/why-red-hot-onyekuru-failed-to-shine-score-for-nigeria-against-corsica/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2017
Details Of Eagles Training Session In Paris – Ndidi Lead Top Performers, Etebo Shows Class

The Super Eagles of Nigeria had their first training session in Paris this morning ahead of their next friendly game against Togo, which will form part of their preparations for the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers game against South Africa in Uyo.

17 players took part in the session which lasted a little over an hour with new comers Olarewaju Kayode and Wilfred Ndidi also taking part.

Owngoalnigeria.com Michael James who watched the session revealed the lads had their traditional warm up exercises before engaging in series of drills with the ball.

They were later shared into two teams, and during the course of the practice game, it was clear to see how talented Ndidi is as he stood out with a strong showing for the period the training lasted.

Another player who impressed was Oghenekaro Etebo following his strong showing in the friendly game against Corsica with another solid performance full of energy, pace and commitment.

Other players who distinguished themselves during the session includes FC Porto duo of Mikel Agu and Chidozie Awaziem, stand in captain Elderson Echiejile also impressed during the session.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/28/details-of-eagles-training-session-in-paris-ndidi-lead-top-performers-etebo-shows-class/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
Are u sure you watched that video of the highlights very very keenly?

Looolll... if we no fit see everything stated in that short video na full match una go come see everything abi? Looollll

Iheanacho wore jersey no.14.... maybe that will help... wink

When you watch it again, you will surely see his saved chance in the second half...

Icon4s:

I don't think so.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bia Onyekuru @bolded..... I have to call you to order here. Once or Twice, Iheanacho was free for a pass and you instead chose to shoot and spoilt the chances... one of them was a clear strike on goal but you still fluffed... And how you go see the options ahead when you no wan raise your head on time naa?? Abeg... you try but you were not just "it" against Corsica... hopefully you make amends against Togo.... Chikena!

......................................................................................................

Why Red Hot Onyekuru Failed To Shine, Score For Nigeria Against Corsica

The highly anticipated Nigeria senior national team debut for hot in demand KAS Eupen forward Henry Onyekuru happened against Corsica, but didn’t quite provided the spark many expected.

Onyekuru was handed a start by coach Gernot Rohr in the game that ended 1-1, but the forward who lasted the entire duration of the game failed to justify the hype surrounding him after his 24 goals haul for Eupen.

19 year old Onyekuru wasted a clear chance to draw Nigeria level minutes after they went behind, but he fluffed his lines and missed what looked like a certain goal for Nigeria.

After the miss, he thrice gave away possession cheaply and although he improved in the second half, he wasn’t such a goal threat to the opponent as many would have expected form the Arsenal target.

” I think the goal he missed affected his game negatively. He should have scored but stuffs like that happens, but after the incident he wasn’t keen of taking risk anymore and threaded cautiously “, a teammate told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” After the game he confessed to me that the loss (lost chance) affeected his confidence level, and when he went over it he didn’t have any real chance at goal. He also complained of the lack of options in front of him when on the ball”.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/28/why-red-hot-onyekuru-failed-to-shine-score-for-nigeria-against-corsica/
yea onyekuru need to do more to make us that hype him happy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
Orji Okonkwo Dazzles For Bologna Against Juventus, Eyes Super Eagles Shirt

Nigeria youth international Orji Okonkwo created the opening goal for Bologna in their 1-2 loss to Italian Serie A Champions Juventus yesterday.

The Flying Eagles ace laid a pass for Saphir Taider to blast home a thunderous effort from outside the box in the 52nd minutes to open scoring in the game. He however ended on the losing side.

Okonkwo lasted the entire duration of the game, a sign of how high coach Roberto Donadoni rates the 19 year old who only joined the team in the summer following a string of fine performances for the Nigeria U-17 and 20.

His fine display was however blotted after he picked up a booking for a foul on Kwadwo Asamoah eight minutes from full time, and he was lucky not to have been given his marching orders when he tripped Mario Mandzukic six minutes after his initial foul.

Speaking to owngoalnigeria.com, the power playing forward who is nicknamed “big striker” by his teammates in the Nigeria youth team said he is eyeing a better season next year to force himself into the plans of the Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr.

” It has been a nice season for me, I have to thank God for how I settled down in Italy. Hopefully I will go a step forward next season and push my way into the senior national team of Nigeria for the World Cup 2018″, he said.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/28/orji-okonkwo-dazzles-for-bologna-against-juventus-eyes-super-eagles-shirt/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2017
tbaba1234:
I think Muazzam will break into the Eagles... That will be a real plus for Manu Garba 2013 team
and before you understand he is off to europe
these are players that suppose to reprensent us well in caf champions league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2017
junnyjake:

Wow, I always thought "ojo was of Benin republic decent and onomah French. It's cool to know I've been wrong all along. Thanks!
bro...abeg nor verse ooo
you actually had this thought?
it's funny you know...

(1) (2) (3) ... (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), Princezibk, Ikanium(m), Moniter0, elyte89, comodo, Charly17(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.