Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (79250 Views)

Ogah Onwe Chinedu, EBSU Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Victimization (Photos) / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up / Uniabuja Lecturer, Sani, Slumps And Dies During A Road Walk (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by kushma(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
kenonze:
Swty u are so kind.

I Don't know why we have monsters in all the university faculties.

Just for the fact that u want to graduate.
Just for the fact u never really wanted trouble.

Ur stands could have help thousands of student facing similar or worse situations.
Nursing science dept in absu is worst

During my university days i faced the faculty disciplinary panel, i stood my ground., even when nobody wanted to listen to me. I took my case to the school senate and finally ended with the Rivers State house of Assembly.

Today in Uniport, no lecturer in my faculty can make such mistake anymore
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Prdo: 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2016
This is a one sided story and putting such on social media is dragging the name of a university in the mud. Academics are the most objective people that i know. As usual, this student is not telling the whole story.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Matters arising...(I know no one would read this post...sulk sulk wink)

1.The problem with University of Abuja is that it is a poorly equiped university. It does not have enough facilities....especially in the buildings and the furnishings. That is why the OP was looking for chair and why the lecturer came to swap students.

A bit about UniAbuja. The University's Mini Campus is the size of a secondary school . The Main Campus (which started development very late in the day)...is just as small too.

That is why students have issues getting seated at the campus.

2.I guess the reason why the lecturer was suspicious was because the student left the hall. Now...the problem here is that due to the lack of adequate space...lecturers have to be extremely suspicious of students. And yes,students cheat in many sophisticated ways. (I speak as the son of lecturers....who have many tales to tell). Hence the argument...because....many a lecturer has been played the fool by a student pretending to leave exam hall '' to ease himself or herself'' only to snatch dubs from the toilet....

3.I agree fully that the lecturer did victimize the student....but something tells me the flogging was not ''severe'' as it was made out to be.But still, many lecturers do mistreat students....and the problem is that there is no recourse for the university student to report erring lecturers to the authority. So...many students take extreme measures (Like the AAU engineering student who resorted to exposing her randy lecturer on camera when he would not leave her alone ....the video was viral on Youtube for weeks.).

4.The fact is that there is an us vs them mentality between university students and lecturers. Now...not all lecturers are bad. Many are very approachable and nice to students. I think that the problem is that the fact that universities have become crowded, lecturers have become overworked, and quality of students has declined (eg...our OP was saying ceased...instead of seized my blackberry...says something about the quality of students IF someone cannot use English properly). Add the fact that the corrupt Nigerian society has infiltrated the schooling system....and you have the mess we face.

5.So what is to be done here.

a) I think that there has to be a thorough investigation into the allegations made against the lecturer concerned. That does not mean that the lecturer is guilty(there could also be a gang up against the lecturer because he is considered too''strict''....yes such things happen)...but this issue needs to be sorted out before it ends badly.

b) I think it is high time University of Abuja had its main campus completed. Because...that mini campus and the main campus as it is is not fit for purpose. The space is very limited for students., accommodation is poor, study facilities are poor...so poor, and living space for lecturers and students is bad. University of Abuja was established to be primus inter pares...instead it has become another messed up Nigerian university.

c) I also strongly think that universities should really listen to their students. I did a postgrad degree at a British University. Several times over the year...the authorities of the department where I was a student KEPT ON ASKING US...IF WE WERE OK, ANY COMPLAINTS, WAS THE COURSE SATISFACTORY., etc (They EVEN ASKED US TO CRITIQUE THE COURSE WE WERE ON....WERE WE DOING THE RIGHT SUBJECTS, ETC). In all my years in schooling in Nigeria....I had never ever been asked about my opinions about anything (My Nigerian university where i did undergrad did ask us to write what needed improving on our student registration form...but as one of my mates joked back then...They do not read it!). Most Nigerian universities need to show they care about their students....because many students do not think they do.

d) I also think that our students too need to be a bit more humble. We are very proud and arrogant sadly. In my years as a student , I was once punished by one of my lecturers (it was a clear misunderstanding).I took my punishment and kept quiet. To cut a long story short...that lecturer became more friendly to me later on in the course. Imagine what would have happened if I acted proud. We are in university not just to get degree and get out...but to learn to follow instructions.

e) We should also learn to be a bit wise. As a student , many times I have been in a situation where I had issues with my exam table/materials. Instead of leaving the exam hall...I drew the examiner/supervisor's attention to it. If our OP had done that...instead of leaving the hall, and drawing the suspicion of a lecturer who had been played several times by cheating students in the past....maybe we won't be here talking about this.

well written. but I want to let you know that there are also sadist lecturers who have no joy at all.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
slyrone:
so this is the gay. this one won't last two rounds with me in d ring walahi I ll beat him to pulp. I dey ur back kemi

I feel like giving him CLOSE LINE or DDT.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by vikeyz(m): 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
I'm behind yu gurl

#end time lecturers
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by macjurek(m): 7:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
My sincere response, kindly followup the case with the Human Right Bodies, Justice must prevail, there are many of them out there in other Universities in Nigeria. Uncivilized foes in civilized communities of learning. I have one then at FUTMinna by Name Adediran Y.A presently at University of Ilorin , i guest.................... God will take revenges on them in Jesus Name......
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by SHAIBULIAR: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marked for DEATH
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by olisaEze(m): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
oc2fish:

Do you go to exam hall with phones?
Did you see "in the exam hall" anywhere in my write-up? Pls read thoroughly b4 u rush 2comment.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Ekaka1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pinkieblue:
This lady has really got some BALLS.... to stand up and fight for what she knows is right

Fight till justice is obtained

But I wonder why the lecturer should beat her up with his belt

If She got balls... She'd be a bi.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by chachanga: 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
As if UniAbuja be school that time!

Nor be there folks dey take 8 years complete B.SC programme?

And the flogging?

Nor be so dem dey flog them for MAPOLY not so long ago?
It's all part of the reasons Nigerian certificates are binned right from the moment you set foot abroad, worthless!

And also the reason why the education sector needs thorough sanitisation and repositioning.

May God deliver Nigerian Students from the antics of all this LASTMA-type lecturers!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by HoluwaKoDeD(m): 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
some lecturers are something else.... can you imagine a lecturer cancelling a student's mock project defense because he could not remember what number he was on the defense list. . . chai!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by fcizo: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Medicine after death since 2011. Oya bae keep waiting for him on social to respond while I'm seated at the balcony sipping my zobo
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Chigorkizz(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=Quakertellicus1 post=44257231]Matters arising...(I know no one would read this post...sulk sulk wink)

1.The problem with University of Abuja is that it is a poorly equiped university. It does not have enough facilities....especially in the buildings and the furnishings. That is why the OP was looking for chair and why the lecturer came to swap students.

A bit about UniAbuja. The University's Mini Campus is the size of a secondary school . The Main Campus (which started development very late in the day)...is just as small too.

2.I guess the reason why the lecturer was suspicious was because the student left the hall. Now...the problem here is that due to the lack of adequate space...lecturers have to be extremely suspicious of students. And yes,students cheat in many sophisticated ways. (I speak as the son of lecturers....who have many tales to tell). Hence the argument...because....many a lecturer has been played the fool by a student pretending to leave exam hall '' to ease himself or herself'' only to snatch dubs from the toilet....

3.I agree fully that the lecturer did victimize the student....but something tells me the flogging was not ''severe'' as it was made out to be.But still, many lecturers do mistreat students....and the problem is that there is no recourse for the university student to report erring lecturers to the authority. So...many students take extreme measures (Like the AAU engineering student who resorted to exposing her randy lecturer on camera when he would not leave her alone ....the video was viral on Youtube for weeks.).

4.The fact is that there is an us vs them mentality between university students and lecturers. Now...not all lecturers are bad. Many are very approachable and nice to students. I think that the problem is that the fact that universities have become crowded, lecturers have become overworked, and quality of students has declined (eg...our OP was saying ceased...instead of seized my blackberry...says something about the quality of students IF someone cannot use English properly). Add the fact that the corrupt Nigerian society has infiltrated the schooling system....and you have the mess we face.

a) I think that there has to be a thorough investigation into the allegations made against the lecturer concerned. That does not mean that the lecturer is guilty(there could also be a gang up against the lecturer because he is considered too''strict''....yes such things happen)...but this issue needs to be sorted out before it ends badly.

b) I think it is high time University of Abuja had its main campus completed. Because...that mini campus and the main campus as it is is not fit for purpose. The space is very limited for students., accommodation is poor, study facilities are poor...so poor, and living space for lecturers and students is bad. University of Abuja was established to be primus inter pares...instead it has become another messed up Nigerian university.

c) I also strongly think that universities should really listen to their students. I did a postgrad degree at a British University. Several times over the year...the authorities of the department where I was a student KEPT ON ASKING US...IF WE WERE OK, ANY COMPLAINTS, WAS THE COURSE SATISFACTORY., etc (They EVEN ASKED US TO CRITIQUE THE COURSE WE WERE ON....WERE WE DOING THE RIGHT SUBJECTS, ETC). In all my years in schooling in Nigeria....I had never ever been asked about my opinions about anything (My Nigerian university where i did undergrad did ask us to write what needed improving on our student registration form...but as one of my mates joked back then...They do not read it!). Most Nigerian universities need to show they care about their students....because many students do not think they do.

d) I also think that our students too need to be a bit more humble. We are very proud and arrogant sadly. In my years as a student , I was once punished by one of my lecturers (it was a clear misunderstanding).I took my punishment and kept quiet. To cut a long story short...that lecturer became more friendly to me later on in the course. Imagine what would have happened if I acted proud. We are in university not just to get degree and get out...but to learn to follow instructions.

e) We should also learn to be a bit wise. As a student , many times I have been in a situation where I had issues with my exam table/materials. Instead of leaving the exam hall...I drew the examiner/supervisor's attention to it. If our OP had done that...instead of leaving the hall, and drawing the suspicion of a lecturer who had been played several times by cheating students in the past....maybe we won't be here talking about this.

[/quote
Mr.Man,You might be saying this because you are a lecturer's son. I graduated from that school and i knew Mr .Adams he is what they said he was.Extortion is his loggo!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Chigorkizz(m): 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=Quakertellicus1 post=44257231]Matters arising...(I know no one would read this post...sulk sulk wink)

Mr.Man,You might be saying this because you are a lecturer's son. I graduated from that school and i knew Mr .Adams he is what they said he was.Extortion is his loggo!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Ondoboi12345678: 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Babe, this can only happen in uniabuja, back in my university days in unad, any lecturer who toast my babe is gone #Akon
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by ninovandross(m): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
unigwags, hmm dat school na die, our own for banking and finance na Maliq a.k.a devil junior broda, this man second name na wickedness
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by curvilicious: 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hummm I see these pple as cultists or possessed.
I encountered one in my finally year who used to say I looked like iphone5(then)
Who used to ask if my kitten has meter
Who used to show me his bank details
Who used to say only abt 6times won't kill u
Lecturers are EEEvil

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by REDDEVILS1(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Seriously this guy lucky. If to say na for my school, by nw pple go dey farm for him grave
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
i got your back. go on with your plan
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by theimmortals(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
kenonze:
Swty u are so kind.

I Don't know why we have monsters in all the university faculties.

Just for the fact that u want to graduate.
Just for the fact u never really wanted trouble.

Ur stands could have help thousands of student facing similar or worse situations.

During my university days i faced the faculty disciplinary panel, i stood my ground., even when nobody wanted to listen to me. I took my case to the school senate and finally ended with the Rivers State house of Assembly.

Today in Uniport, no lecturer in my faculty can make such mistake anymore
I don beliv it
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by rafcrown(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
SO THEY EMPLOYED INDIAN HEMP LOVER AS A LECTURER
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
that is while most girls like having bad boys around them, the advance teacher called lecturer eye go don clear.....
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
huntax:

Have you seen Deadpool? That one is certainly worth the hype.

Ryan Reynolds killed the role as deapool. And an R rated marvel movie which the studio didn't even have much faith in.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by khayce: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
I over heard that he is a bastard. na wave the Mata wave pass my ear o.. I no see person or kknow person wey talk am
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by OBB77(m): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
This stuff happened 5yrs ago and u are just letting it out? I pray it's not too late or rather hasn't done irreparable damage.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Stapler123: 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
For those of us who know and also witnessed this incident, we know that both the student and the lecturer were wrong. The lecturer was VERY wrong to have used belt on you, but you were wrong for (I) using your phone during ecams and trying to take pics of him (ii) you were wrong for 'jacking' his shirt around his neck (iii) you were wrong for threatening to deal with him if he stops you from taking the exam.

You play the victim in your narrative, but did not say that you have been caught for exam malpractice in the same school three times. You were suspended for one year after the incident with Mr Adams, you came back to school after one year and was caught in malpractice again by Prof Agari. You were expelled after that. You didn't say all these. You see its easy to try to get peoples sympathy by signing a petition but it really doesn't change the fact that the disciplinary committee has record of your misconducts in the school.

To say the least, the lecturer was wrong to have flogged you, but the fact that you have faced disciplinary committee more than once isn't a good record.

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by tdayof(m): 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
JayJustus:
really sorry for what you faced and I hope you can get through this on the winning side...

I also face the same thing here in Malaysia...I stood my ground with a lecturer that made me redo my whole project thrice cos I refused to kiss his behind like other students do...we are only two Africans in my faculty...one Nigerian myself and a Kenyan guy...he made just two of us redo it claiming our work wasn't good enough whereas the rest didn't even do up to half of what we did...threatened to fail us but I took his Chinese booty to the vice chancellor...they summoned an emergency meeting with myself, my Dean, the stupid lecturer and the VC of my school... I stood my ground, yelled at him and finally told the panel that I've never had less than a B in any of his courses and in all courses since I started in that school and they can check my records and that if I fail this one we'd grind it out in court... and I walked out ***as a fearless Lagos boy from the streets of agege***

end of semester I scaled through with everyone having a C in that course...well the guy sees me and says hi and as a boss I just walk past...my faculty was so scared that they had to stop him from teaching any course in which I was taking...now I demand and everyone is shaking like a jellyfish...

so stand your ground if you're right and never kiss anyone behind...

Lagos boy ehn
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by tntcorps(m): 12:40am On Mar 31, 2016
It's cause of lecturers like dz dat student joins cult. Just to treat his FK
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 31, 2016
No one plan Murder aloud, You have failed in your mission already, alerting your enemy of an imminent attack is lost battle on your side... Lil advise for you, just let go of the past, Atleast their setbacks never stopped you for being successful, my 2.2 is somewhere under my dad's shelves, I live a very good and satisfied life without using my degree, but been educated.
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by julimartins(f): 1:05am On Mar 31, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmm.....Mr Adams...... thank God someone finally voiced out.....kemi ur story is most likely to be true....I remember Mr Adams harassing a lady during my remedial exams in 2013...he is also widely known to be the king of sorting in statistics department...... a chronic womanizer 100%.....I hope ds case gets justice someday...... I hereby join the train #istandwithkemi....go girl!!!
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by delishpot: 4:33am On Mar 31, 2016
Prdo:
This is a one sided story and putting such on social media is dragging the name of a university in the mud. Academics are the most objective people that i know. As usual, this student is not telling the whole story.
. She clearly asked him to prove her wrong. Let's wait and see
Re: Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) by delishpot: 4:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Stapler123:
For those of us who know and also witnessed this incident, we know that both the student and the lecturer were wrong. The lecturer was VERY wrong to have used belt on you, but you were wrong for (I) using your phone during ecams and trying to take pics of him (ii) you were wrong for 'jacking' his shirt around his neck (iii) you were wrong for threatening to deal with him if he stops you from taking the exam.

You play the victim in your narrative, but did not say that you have been caught for exam malpractice in the same school three times. You were suspended for one year after the incident with Mr Adams, you came back to school after one year and was caught in malpractice again by Prof Agari. You were expelled after that. You didn't say all these. You see its easy to try to get peoples sympathy by signing a petition but it really doesn't change the fact that the disciplinary committee has record of your misconducts in the school.

To say the least, the lecturer was wrong to have flogged you, but the fact that you have faced disciplinary committee more than once isn't a good record.

For real?

But why would did she leave the exam Hall without alerting the lecturer? She had no business doing that without his permission. If she needed something as important as a table I am sure he would have organised one for her. After all he isn't stupid. He knows she would need a table to write on. Anyhow, he shouldn't have flogged her. That was physical assault. He could be sued for such.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) / Who Is That Teacher, Whenever He Stands Like This, You Start Running? (Picture) / Some Grammatical Mistakes You Make And Things You Say Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.