Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake (32963 Views)

Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2016
pattybf:

Thanks for bringing this info to the general public. I hope people do d needful before they get into trouble.

I have posted this link on my thread before, after having discovered some agents making fake registration for d unsuspecting clients! however, it is easy to identify a fake registration from d certificate of proof of ownership if u r conversant wt vehicle documents.

Because FRSC did not want the general public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

The info above is questionable as I have personally approached many frsc bosses on why many vehicle does not indicate complete registration on their site, but up till this moment none has given me a concrete explanation on why that is so.

I hope they come up wt a better explanation soon or profer a way to complete the registration as many clients troop in their numbers to our office to enquire abt this.

hope this gets to FP!

If you hadn't done your POC--computer-printed ones unlike the handwritten ones in Lagos + bought a genuine insurance, third-party or any other, it would indicate that your registration is incomplete.

Insurance is a vital part of registration.
I hope you get the drift now.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Ejike3: 11:25am On Mar 31, 2016
Mine is correct but it says 'However vehicle registration is yet to be completed'. The second one could not be verified as the number is not new number format. My insurance policy is fake undecided
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by emeths: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2016
nice info!
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2016
Kimsunh:
The website na rubbish. All the plate numbers I entered was just saying number approv d but vehicle registration is not complete. My papers are 100% complete and I even have comprehensive insurance on the car. They should just do something so as not to mislead people. My take#

Is your number a lagos number? Assuredly, your POC is handwritten. POCs are supposed to be computer-generated (online) after registration but Lagos BIR inexplicably leaves this out. Without this stage, your registration will automatically appear incomplete.

I hope you're guided now.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 11:42am On Mar 31, 2016
Ejike3:
Mine is correct but it says 'However vehicle registration is yet to be completed'. The second one could not be verified as the number is not new number format. My insurance policy is fake undecided

Did you receive alert from your insurance company? How much did you pay? I in doubt, check www.askniid.org
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2016
kunle75:

God bless you guys for this wonderful Info............i just did a check for my car and here is what i see from their site.

Though i once register the number with a 2000 model sienna i once used and now re-registered the same number with an 04 corrolla am currently using but while cheking now i still found out that the number is stil tied to the other car which i have sold out about 2yrs ago but i still retain the same number to my new car.

what i can i do in this situation.

Please.

You'd need to go to the nearest BIR for revalidation
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by fyneboi79(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2016
One checks out but my other vehicle says invalid/wrong number. What should I do?
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by tendy08(f): 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
For those that got the "Wrong/invalid number" response, please ensure there's no spacing in between the numbers.eg: ABC 12 DF.

I tried at first with the numbers spaced out like the eg above and got the invalid response. I then tried the 2nd time removing the spaces(ABC12DF) and it checked save for the incomplete registration jargon.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by ikombe: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
As market dry for my end . Make i dey verify all d motor wey dey pass my shop undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by ikombe: 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
sabimbola i got dis response from d site ''Number Plate has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assigned to any vehicle''

And d number is alread been used by a vehicle dat passed my shop undecided
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Nayok(m): 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
Op, see my own o and I buy the car fairly used .

Wetin I go do pls?

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by amodu(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
arcnomec:
What nonsense is this! mine is showing the number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota S/c car on.whereas I have been using the said number plate for over 3 years now in phc

Baba Longest time, how you dey
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Kimsunh: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
AXYZ:

Is your number a lagos number? Assuredly, your POC is handwritten. POCs are supposed to be computer-generated (online) after registration but Lagos BIR inexplicably leaves this out. Without this stage, your registration will automatically appear incomplete.

I hope you're guided now.
yes my number is a Lagos number. I will check my friends number on the website to be sure of what you are saying. But why can't everything be done in the right way in this country.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
This is a[b] scam sit[/b]e , i repeat a scam site, all the number plates I entered of duly registered valid cars returned invalid.

I use Auto Reg, to do my my vehicle registration, who ever put up this site intends to defraud people , kindly ignore the site. angry

Federal Robbery and stealing commission. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Kimsunh: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Check this out for an Abuja plate number

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by ricki: 1:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
i got this just now. Please it mean o people??

Number plate has been assigned to Focus. However vehicle registration is yet to be completed.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by truthspeaks: 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
OK.
pattybf:

I was referring to the statement that frsc not wanting people to see d whole info. didn't know to highlight it.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Fiwasayo(f): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Fine girl!!!! Why Wow? I know you don't have a car that is why you are short of words!!!

God bless your hussle.....

You're very silly for quoting me undecided
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by karashita: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
tendy08:
For those that got the "Wrong/invalid number" response, please ensure there's no spacing in between the numbers.eg: ABC 12 DF.

I tried at first with the numbers spaced out like the eg above and got the invalid response. I then tried the 2nd time removing the spaces(ABC12DF) and it checked save for the incomplete registration jargon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks sis.Just tried it again, following your advise.
The info is now that the number is produced by FRSC but yet to be assigned to a vehicle.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by akigbemaru: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Number plate fake
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by titosantana(m): 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
Too many fake things in our country
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Isrealbabs(m): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Many people including myself has fall victim of these fake registration number, i did my with a road safety official.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
fyneboi79:
One checks out but my other vehicle says invalid/wrong number. What should I do?

Check your prove of ownership certificate. you will find the station of registration there. Go there and tell them to upload your vehicle's information as it could have been omitted when the vehicle was registered. Go with your allocation of registration no and prove of ownership.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by kunle75(m): 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
[quote author=AXYZ post=44277886][/quote]

please what is BIR and where is that in lagos?
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
Agbaletu:
Jut checked mine - This plate number has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assigned to any vehicle.
After 3 years that I have been using this plate number!

Same here ooo !
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
kunle75:

please what is BIR and where is that in lagos?

BIR is board of internal revenue. They are in all states and local governments
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by consultancy: 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
wow. this is real. tnk Goodness mine is fully registered

Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
kaeforum:
This is a[b] scam sit[/b]e , i repeat a scam site, all the number plates I entered of duly registered valid cars returned invalid.

I use Auto Reg, to do my my vehicle registration, who ever put up this site intends to defraud people , kindly ignore the site. angry

Federal Robbery and stealing commission. angry

It's no scam site. Autoreg is not synonymous to complete registration. Your POCs are handwritten by Lagos State officials and government. Ask yourself why didn't your POC come computer-generated like every other. As far as online verification is concerned, it doesn't recognize the written version. Either way, I think you can neglect the statement 'incomplete registration' insofar as you have the written.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by Aiykay(m): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
How do one obtained the computer based POC? Must it be gotten from the state where the vehicle was registered as I was told from Phc BIR.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kimsunh:
yes my number is a Lagos number. I will check my friends number on the website to be sure of what you are saying. But why can't everything be done in the right way in this country.

Lagos can be sometimes 'inconsistent' with the FG.
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by AXYZ: 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aiykay:
How do one obtained the computer based POC? Must it be gotten from the state where the vehicle was registered as I was told from Phc BIR.

You should be given as part of your registration documents. Nonetheless, you can get it from any state. Where are you currently living?
Re: How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake by mallamseifaldin(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fiwasayo:

You're very silly for quoting me undecided

Lol.......take it easy sister.... It was a bant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show / I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel / States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.