Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,627 members, 7,827,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps (14044 Views)

Why We’ve Not Been Able To Block Biafra TV Broadcasting Illegally – NBC / God Sent Buhari To Save Nigeria From Collapse – Oyegun / Saraki Fails To Release NASS Budget Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by TippyTop(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2016
Its been stolen abi?
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by franconian: 10:39am On Mar 31, 2016
adeaks:
Bunch of lazy and unserious legislooters. Na only recess them sabi.

You want a president to sign a budget based on highlights. He sent a whole budget to you, you sent back highlights and you want him to sign.

And the idiot was even threatening the president with the NA's veto power. undecided

You are right. Even with all the explanations, the guy ended up making no sense. It is now they want to scrutinize a budget that they've already approved. If they eventually find something wrong what would they do? Withdraw it? Those guys are joking.

3 Likes

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by ebenholer(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2016
Ask the committee spokesman if the constitution actually stipulated that the details should be delayed, and that the president should endorsed such undetailed budget. These people are evil people and God must save us from them.

4 Likes

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by 9jatatafo(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2016
Padded budget at work
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by tinsel: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2016
SleekAbokii:
Buhari government is always looking for scapegoat for it's self inflicted malaise.
So you honestly want the president to sign for something he cannot see. Assume you go to buy a land and they told you to append your signature without deed of assignment and later they will bring the deed to you to read?

4 Likes

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by linusbnn(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2016
rakish:
NASS wants to scrutinize an already passed budget? They must have iron out all discrepancies and errors in the budget before passing the budget . It doesn't make any sense to me coz the bill has been passed or can it reverse the Budget back for deliberations if they discover any further errors at this crucial time ? I feel it's right for buhari to see the details of the budget before assenting to it since NASS made some changes and slashed some figures down in the budget.

Please read again nd understand it very well. The budget has been passed,what is remaining is the report (so to say) so Buhari refused to sign it pending the report. Nass is saying the president can move on to sign the budget pending when the report will be available because the report will not affect the alredy passed budget.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by GoodMuyis(m): 10:44am On Mar 31, 2016
Anasko:
Gerrarehea!!!! always calling Buhari. if u dont have better thing to say why cant keep quiet.

Yet they will insist that Jonathan must not be blame, even when you site only PDP 16 years misruled
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by ebenholer(m): 10:47am On Mar 31, 2016
Just as evil PHCN/NEPA/IKDEC refuse to give us light for a week now, until our neighborhood street took to a fight with them yesterday and they were eventually given light same day. My own street may probably be doing theirs today as that is what evil people wants before they service u for what u have been paying for.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Skain(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2016
What are these pple smoking in that house? so u want him to sign without seeing the details when he's not the clueless one... mtsheeeew...

5 Likes

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by brightology3: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Hahahahahaha e pain am. Ntorrrrrr
Okworigeorge:
[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Reference(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2016
Aufbauh:
I understand that the NASS members are not happy with the budget as there are no traditional kickbacks imputed in the budget hence they retired to legislative histrionics, fault findings and unwarranted technicalities to the frustrate the passage and implementations.

We should expect more antics and dramas from the NASS members in the course of the budget implementations as relates to their oversight functions.
And do not be carried away as they're all united in the course to shortchange the common man irrespective of their party divides.

I see. The corruption is no longer domiciled in the PDP abi, but he is also in the House where the APC holds a majority. He is in the budget office aka Proctor & Gamble which manufactures pads. He is in the Judiciary. He is in the civil service. He is in Gucci's showroom aka INEC.....HE IS EVERYWHERE!!!.....sorry Mr. White aka the Pale King. Told you guys.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016
Deliberation after passage.. This country is confuse.. Everybody infact!!!
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Reference(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2016
greatiyk4u:
How come no body is complaining about the incompetence of these NASS members in discharging their constitutional duties?

The guy defended his office. He said the lack of intimacy till date was simply because the budget was having her monthly cycle and needed all the padding it could get. And they had to get rid of all the bed bugs....abi wetin be wart...anyway just wait, madam will be ready shortly. No travel oh.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Almajiri1: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2016
tinsel:

So you honestly want the president to sign for something he cannot see. Assume you go to buy a land and they told you to append your signature without deed of assignment and later they will bring the deed to you to read?
You are comparing apples to oranges.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Reference(m): 11:33am On Mar 31, 2016
linusbnn:

Please read again nd understand it very well. The budget has been passed,what is remaining is the report (so to say) so Buhari refused to sign it pending the report. Nass is saying the president can move on to sign the budget pending when the report will be available because the report will not affect the alredy passed budget.

And Baba will not sign until he sees the details. No trust, same party. Like intending couples. 'eh, I no go marry until I test am, what if....', 'hian, I no go do until you marry me. Na so dem tell me....'.

Una dey old dey go oh. Hmmm.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Newbiee: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2016
#iremainwithbuhari
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Almajiri1: 11:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Reference:

And Baba will not sign until he sees the details. No trust, same party. Like intending couples. 'eh, I no go marry until I test am, what if....', 'hian, I no go do until you marry me. Na so dem tell me....'.

Una dey old dey go oh. Hmmm.
They are playing hanky panky with the budget. One padded the other made minor adjustment and smuggled his own. the former is now asking for blueprint to discover the extent of smuggling. Bloody Yahoo Yahoo leaders.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Reference(m): 11:39am On Mar 31, 2016
Newbiee:
#iremainwithbuhari

'thought he was at the nuclear summit. What are you two doing. Where are you people'....he hangs up.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by darocha1: 11:42am On Mar 31, 2016
“At the risk of sounding immodest, the NASS
approved the President’s Special Advisers without
hitch, approved ministerial nominees without
rancour, approved Supplementary Budget without
delay and displayed a rare show of patriotism in
the receipt and passage of the 2016 Medium
Term Expenditure Framework and budget.

because the above was done, so the president should return the favour too by signing the scam you unpatriotic patriots put together without seeing details.
Naija i hail thee
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by comrChris(m): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2016
Na dem sabi we jst d live our life d go,if dem like make dem chop d paper or present it nxt yr e no concern me....

o boi 2 serve ban nobi moi moi,my first ban ever,tank God l don serve am finish but l tink dose mods owe me an explanation or apology because am yet 2 knw my offence
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Masculity(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
greatiyk4u:
How come no body is complaining about the incompetence of these NASS members in discharging their constitutional duties?

Man, NASS is our great problem in this country. Hope they will not be carried away with their I don't care attitude towards the masses.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Babaji111(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Why sending budget without details? Are we still in dark ages? Pls make you kuku send the details quick and stop telling Nigerians stories. We already know why you keep on delaying things.....abeg let us love naija better than our pockets. Our children and great children's future shouldn't be toyed with. GOD BLESS 9JA!
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by gulfer: 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
I wonder if any of you wailers can sign a blank check to your account Buhari not accenting to the budget without seeing the computer details and figures is consistent with the departure from the era of drunkenly signing budgets and checks; we are where we are because someone used to approve anything presented without scrutiny after a jugful of kai kai.......

2 Likes

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by shearer1982(m): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Anasko:
The chairman House Committee on Appropriations, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has confirmed that the National Assembly did not forward the details of the 2016 Appropriations Bill to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.

He said it was a regular practice of the National Assembly to send details to the president weeks after passing the budget, saying there was nothing abnormal for the president to sign the budget without seeing the details.

Presidency sources had told PREMIUM TIMES Tuesday that Mr. Buhari refused to approve the budget a week after its passage, insisting on seeing its details as passed by the National Assembly.
The National Assembly last week passed a N6.06 trillion 2016 budget, reducing the president’s N6.08 trillion slightly.

In a statement Wednesday, Mr. Jibrin said it was the tradition of the National Assembly to scrutinize the details of the budget before its being forwarded to the Presidency.

“The general public should note that the MTEF and 2016 budget proposal came to NASS very late. You will also recall that a lot of dust was raised over different versions of the budget circulated in the national assembly. Further, some ministers disowned the content of the budget during defence before NASS.

“Amid these inconsistencies and discrepancies, the NASS had been deeply engrossed in perfecting the anomalies, ironing out of the wrinkles and stretching the twists inherent in the 2016 appropriation bill.
“In order for the nation to move forward and avoid stagnation of administrative processes, the tradition is that the bill is passed and forwarded to the presidency for assent, while the lawmakers continue to work on the details. There is nothing abnormal about this practice and yet nothing abnormal about a president assenting a budget before or after seeing the details. In any case, the budget details are usually sent within a week or two after passing the budget.
“In view of the inconsistencies, errors, omissions and padding that characterised the 2016 Budget, it would be unpatriotic of NASS to forward the budget details without being extra-careful, meticulous and cautious in discharging its duties. This is to ensure we do not make same mistake that the executive made.

“The Appropriation committee needs to scrutinize the original proposal sent by the president vis-à-vis the reports of various Standing Committees of the House of Representatives and the Senate to arrive at a clean copy of the budget details. This will in no way affect any envelop already passed or the aggregate expenditure.

“The NASS holds the President in high esteem and will continue to support him. There were several instances where we demonstrated our support to the present administrations in the past.

“At the risk of sounding immodest, the NASS approved the President’s Special Advisers without hitch, approved ministerial nominees without rancour, approved Supplementary Budget without delay and displayed a rare show of patriotism in the receipt and passage of the 2016 Medium Term Expenditure Framework and budget.

“The 2016 Budget is the most challenging budget the NASS has ever passed in its recent history. Taking into account the many controversies and omissions, particularly in NYSC, Prisons, Pensions, personnel shortfalls, among others, the budget failed in many respects to connect with the policy thrust of the government.

“The NASS Appropriation Committees worked round the clock to address some of the omissions, bring up to date allocations in the budget towards the policy direction of Mr. President, particularly issues relating to security, anti-corruption and economic diversification.

“Given the foregoing efforts, it is therefore unfair for accusing fingers to be pointed at NASS when the Presidency defers or delays assent to the budget. Nowhere in the world that a budget is presented to the Parliament, and expect it to be passed warts and all without subjecting it to the rigours of scrutiny, debate and painstaking processes and inputs of the parliament.
“The NASS will continue to exercise its constitutional duty of appropriation to the latter. While recognising the President’s power to withhold assent, the NASS is also constitutionally required and has power to veto. But we don’t want that to happen and we don’t see this happening in this case.
“It is obvious that some fifth columnists are crying wolf where there is none and are also bent on creating friction and disharmony between the NASS and the Presidency,” Mr. Jibrin said.

Now it's clear to Nigerians were the real problem is hope they meet each other half way in other to settle their dispute......House of Cards Season 4 all na Politics.!
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Inspectahdeck(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
I wonder. Many thanks

greatiyk4u:
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by naijagobetter(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
SleekAbokii:

**** there was a national outcry against that national embarrassment of a budget as presented, stolen and re presented by Mr Buhari. Was he expecting the honourable members to rubber stamp heist? The house must not be blackmailed into submission. Which kickbacks did the honourable members demand? The members should be hailed for painstakingly correcting all the thefts Mr Buhari and his co travelers hid inside the budget.
why are they trying to hurry the president to sign the budget without seeing the details, why do they expect him to sign before seeing the details cos they confirm ministers,thats their duty were they forced? Abeg!
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by naijagobetter(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
SleekAbokii:

Then we should treat this as a case of Presidency padding to eat alone while excluding the honorable members which goes against the long held tradition of an all inclusive padding.

Maybe the honourable members deleted and smuggled their own interests so as to continue in the long held tradition? Both will still lobby and reach a middle ground. Buhari must be hating democracy and lobbying.
hahahaha, very true, we cant trust this piliticians, democracy can be a pain in the a*s as far as nigeria is concern
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by naijagobetter(m): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
we are in a change era where things are done the right way, this is not jonathan that just sign anything before him only for him to denia later. We will get there.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Rolings: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
SleekAbokii:

**** there was a national outcry against that national embarrassment of a budget as presented, stolen and re presented by Mr Buhari. Was he expecting the honourable members to rubber stamp heist? The house must not be blackmailed into submission. Which kickbacks did the honourable members demand? The members should be hailed for painstakingly correcting all the thefts Mr Buhari and his co travelers hid inside the budget.

If as you said they painstakingly corrected the errors in the budget then what details are they scrutinizing again? Means they have not finished scrutinizing the budget before rushing to pass it . These people are not serious they only want to seem serious to Nigerians .what stops them from sitting at least 12 hours a day Mon to Fri in order to really do a work on the budget. They were trying to be smart by half ,reduce the proposed budget by 200billion pass it before March 30 so as not to look bad before the public than go back to start really scrutinizing the budget . If really the budget was padded then I expect them to pass a far less budget and not reduce it by just 200billion.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Osolo1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
This bunch of legislators would want the president to sign into law a budget with out knowing the full details of the document,i mean who does that and why the delay,cos i don't want to believe they considered the budjet without its details.It is safe to now conclude all the drama of the missing/ not missing budget and its purported padding was actually the handiwork of the Nass members.This people need to feel the wrath of the masses.
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by Ubenedictus(m): 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
linusbnn:

it is not d report they are waiting for. The issue is the details, how much was budgeted for what?
Re: Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps by linusbnn(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ubenedictus:
it is not d report they are waiting for. The issue is the details, how much was budgeted for what?

Did you see my bracket were I wrote "so to say"?. I used report as an example to explain better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Babagana Zulum Tells Military To Recapture Kukawa From Boko Haram / Adamu: APC To Decide On Zoning After Screening Presidential Aspirants / NNPC Petrol Price Without Subsidy Is ₦‎400/Litre – Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.