Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,599 members, 7,861,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (910929 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 6:00pm On May 16, 2016
J
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 6:00pm On May 16, 2016
Congrats blaize777, regardless of the conditions, your Lo is still a blessing and a miracle. God bless her, you and yours.
Breathe easy, and bask in the joy of having your new little princess, all will be sorted. God has got your back.
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 6:00pm On May 16, 2016
Got my visa today for birthing purpose . Could not do drop box cos I did not renew in naija .
Officer : what are u going for ?
Me: to have my baby
Officer : why Reno?
Me : my aunt lives there
Officer : where do you work ?
Me : blahblah but I was previously working for WHO.
Officer: how much will this cost in total ?
Me: about 5500
Officer : how much do you earn ?
Me: blah blah
Officer : where have u travelled to ?
Me : U.K., USA , Dubai and Ghana
Officer : your visa has been approved pls pick up in 3 days
She did not ask for any documents . Miracle working God . grin

28 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:16pm On May 16, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Got my visa today for birthing purpose . Could not do drop box cos I did not renew in naija .
Officer : what are u going for ?
Me: to have my baby
Officer : why Reno?
Me : my aunt lives there
Officer : where do you work ?
Me : blahblah but I was previously working for WHO.
Officer: how much will this cost in total ?
Me: about 5500
Officer : how much do you earn ?
Me: blah blah
Officer : where have u travelled to ?
Me : U.K., USA , Dubai and Ghana
Officer : your visa has been approved pls pick up in 3 days
She did not ask for any documents . Miracle working God . grin

I thought $5k is now too small for birthing.

Congrats jare. Only God knows how these people are thinking.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 6:16pm On May 16, 2016
bbaby84:

Hi mama,
I've read what everyone had to say/write to you and I think you should reapply .
This time, just like everyone said be truthfully. Read the thread and draw inspiration from those that never gave up..
Whatever the outcome, you'll know you tried your best to rectify the mistake from the past.
If you were not so far gone, I would have advised you to try Canada as well but I'm hopeful for your sake that your interview will be successful.
Many people have made mistakes like this in the past, some have been lucky while some were not.
Overall, just remember you're pregnant and don't stress yourself too much.
Good luck with everything.

Hello dear, thank you so much. I definitely will. I pray I find favour.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:27pm On May 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

The thing be say person never come answer us if they mentioned big money then used 3k hospital

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 9:18pm On May 16, 2016
Hello mamas,
I hope y'all had an awesome day?
Who has gotten pta o? DH came just got an info that black market is 380 today! shocked shocked cry cry

Hian, mamas using dr F (currently in houston) please did he accept d wire transfer after ur first appointment?

Pls i help a sister. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy2: 9:46pm On May 16, 2016
MomSomyy:

Wow! Even when you are not asked that question? Hmm. I must have been so naive then. Thank you all the same. I will just read the thread as you adviced. God bless.

@momsomy, it's always wise to come out clean whether asked or not. I remember my own experience, I did not plan to birth at the time of application but we decided to somewhere along the line and despite all d discouragement I got from a lot of people about declaring, I still went ahead to get my documents ready and just kept quiet when people told me not to declare knowing I would anyways and I was not asked about it but I still went ahead to inform d vo n got my visa even without being asked for any document and was just asked about my budget and how far gone I was cos I was not showing at all at that time. So for the benefit of first timers, pls declare your true intentions and have your documents in place and don't resort to change of intent abeg, they might just decide to start ignoring or canceling visas if it becomes too common.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 16, 2016
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

congrats dear, My baby girl was in the NICU for 3 days in NOV 2015 and the bill was 1300+ daily with a 60% self pay discount, total bill for baby after the discount was 3800, i think daily comes down to about 600 for the NICU or there about, if you can't take care of it all together they'll have you on a payment plan. don't stress it just take care of the baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 10:18pm On May 16, 2016
ebonychic18:
of course state your child. Just try and be transparent this time around.
I think the main cause of the refusal might be that she birthed in the US with a wrong visa,because B1 doesn't cover medical,But B2 did. So she can come clean by applying for the right visa and tell the whole truth about her previous travel with all her burden of proof and hope that the VO will be fair to her,with the help of God she will be fine since she paid all her bills on the former one.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:42pm On May 16, 2016
phummy2:

@momsomy, it's always wise to come out clean whether asked or not. I remember my own experience, I did not plan to birth at the time of application but we decided to somewhere along the line and despite all d discouragement I got from a lot of people about declaring, I still went ahead to get my documents ready and just kept quiet when people told me not to declare knowing I would anyways and I was not asked about it but I still went ahead to inform d vo n got my visa even without being asked for any document and was just asked about my budget and how far gone I was cos I was not showing at all at that time. So for the benefit of first timers, pls declare your true intentions and have your documents in place and don't resort to change of intent abeg, they might just decide to start ignoring or canceling visas if it becomes too common.
How do u say 'well said'
Ok. Eku said grin . The letter has become pure water now. They sent somebody back despite the letter

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 10:43pm On May 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

Thats Exactly what i wanted to ask,judging by all the bad news we heard last week concerning rejections of visa renewal and deportations at some POE because of cheap hospitals. Its just luck and favour from God that determines all these visa issuance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:47pm On May 16, 2016
Austine2020:
I think the main cause of the refusal might be that she birthed in the US with a wrong visa,because B1 doesn't cover medical,But B2 did. So she can come clean by applying for the right visa and tell the whole truth about her previous travel with all her burden of proof and hope that the VO will be fair to her,with the help of God she will be fine since she paid all her bills on the former one.
B1 and B2 come in one package . Hence the B1/B2 as is on the visa. Fair?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 10:49pm On May 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

B1 and B2 come in one package . Hence the B1/B2 as is on the visa. Fair?
But she said they only gave her 1 month B1 visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 10:56pm On May 16, 2016
Austine2020:
But she said they only gave her 1 month B1 visa? Fair as in VO having mercy on her like Jesus Christ did to sinners when they repent from their sins,Hahaha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 11:06pm On May 16, 2016
From the little I have come to know about Visa issuance and/ or refusals; Perception, trends,body language and documentary evidence are a bunch of tools that aid in profiling an applicant as well as an officer's final decision. But the biggest and most volatile factors that often come to play are the officers mood, Personal judgement, temperament and local knowledge at that particular time.
That's why what works for one may not work for another..... 5k min or max doesn't guarantee all is or will be well...

There's no Visa refusal that is the end of a case or the end of the world, circumstances change; you just never really know.
So @Momsommy if you have the money and have given yourself some reality check please reapply ,then take time to chillax not withstanding the outcome. Youve been told what to do, and please as mentioned stick to your plans if granted. No change course.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 11:24pm On May 16, 2016
swappylove:
Pls house who has recently added their baby to their united ticket.pls how much did it cost?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:09am On May 17, 2016
MomSomyy:

Hello, thanks for taking out your time to reply me. Ok so the thing is I was not faced with much questions or difficulties during my interview last week because all the VO asked was why do I want to go to the same state I went to previously and I said for Vacation, He now asked me duration of my last visit I said 6month which was the truth and he went ahead to ask what I was doing there for that long and I answered birth my child and immediately I brought out my zero balance to show him, he collected it went through it and started typing and handed me the section 214b refusal paper (that refusal is based on having no strong ties to ones country from what I have read) so now the issue is back to your no 1) suggestion I have a family I am to stay with and they have sent a letter which I used in filling the last week application and they are still willing for me to stay with them also, so I was thinking I should still maintain that contact so I don't contradict every part of my application, also to your no 3) I am married traditionally now with my baby dad but yet to do court n white (after this delivery we would do that) but while filling the form that got me denied last week I filled single because I didn't know if they accepted our traditional marriage or not. So now I want to state that I am married traditionally and take pictures with me to show. Will that be good enough ties? Or you advice I don't take my child with me? He's just 1yr+ and very glued to me

Questions in the interview are prompted by what you've filled in your form. If you want those questions asked so you can provide clarification on it then it is essential that you get them into the form one way or the other.

It's your decision to make what story you'd like your form to tell about you but my advice is for you to tell the exact true story relating to this visa so that even if you get a denial, next time they can refer back and see that you were being honest. That's how people rebuild trust.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:10am On May 17, 2016
nefertitiram:

As in ehn!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 1:14am On May 17, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Questions in the interview are prompted by what you've filled in your form. If you want those questions asked so you can provide clarification on it then it is essential that you get them into the form one way or the other.

It's your decision to make what story you'd like your form to tell about you but my advice is for you to tell the exact true story relating to this visa so that even if you get a denial, next time they can refer back and see that you were being honest. That's how people rebuild trust.

Thank you @theleakytribe will be as honest as I can be no matter the outcome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 1:30am On May 17, 2016
phummy2:

I now know better. Honestly never imagined all this was going to happen/pose a problem for me considering that my baby birth in the US was truly unplanned. The moment I was stamped in for 6months at POE I just thought to have the baby at once since my stay was legally documented u get? Paid all my bills and specifically got all zero balances. If u noticed I didn't even reapply immediately I got back (because that would show you have no ties back home, because typically you are to wait a while after staying for 6months based on information I read) waited out for a WHOLE year. This 2nd pregnancy self was not planned, came in unexpectedly cheesy .Personally I know the MAJOR problem that will arise during my nextweek interview would be Why My Travel Intent Changed From Vacation Lastweek to Birthing Baby this week? Even though they both fall under b2 visa. That alone is my GREATEST Worry (Even Though I was never asked any pregnancy related question) I still feel changing Travel Intent Within a Week is wrong from their perspective tho. I know deep down that part can't really be Justified except God intervenes of course. I pray God favors me sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MomSomyy: 1:35am On May 17, 2016
MadameU:
From the little I have come to know about Visa issuance and/ or refusals; Perception, trends,body language and documentary evidence are a bunch of tools that aid in profiling an applicant as well as an officer's final decision. But the biggest and most volatile factors that often come to play are the officers mood, Personal judgement, temperament and local knowledge at that particular time.
That's why what works for one may not work for another..... 5k min or max doesn't guarantee all is or will be well...

There's no Visa refusal that is the end of a case or the end of the world, circumstances change; you just never really know.
So @Momsommy if you have the money and have given yourself some reality check please reapply ,then take time to chillax not withstanding the outcome. Youve been told what to do, and please as mentioned stick to your plans if granted. No change course.

True at all you said @madameU I can't even jeopardize my chances again, no matter the outcome I will be very honest. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 2:26am On May 17, 2016
Na wa o.. cant go a day without getting on this thread... This addiction is serious o .. Just wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone from the GURUS, NOVICE, silent members and even those that refuse to give back to the thread after getting their visa.

God bless you all ....

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutelass: 2:34am On May 17, 2016
swappylove:
Pls house who has recently added their baby to their united ticket.pls how much did it cost?

480 if u are adding from US, 358 if adding from naija. U now have to pay dollar into their domicillary account in naija. Exchange rate 362 as at today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 2:40am On May 17, 2016
veleta:
@ Nenya,am interested in St Francis California and Dr M,and would be travelling very early September,looking for a partner too.
@ Nef,so sorry about your loss.Life is just so unpredictable and value of life in this country is not appreciated. May God grant them eternal rest

I'm also planning to deliver in St Francis, but I will fly in the middle of August and DUE on 5th of September
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 2:42am On May 17, 2016
Hmmm.... so finally I get to also post my Poe experience.
Flew Royal air Maroc to New York JFK. Did self checking abi clearance. Got to d cbp

Cbp : how long will u be stAying
me: 8weeks
cbp : 8weeks! What 're u here for?
Me Vacation and child's birth
cbp: how long did u stay d last time u visited?
Me: aermm... I came in Jul... (cbp cuts in and said it's a simple question, how long did u stay d last time u visited)
Me : well 3weeks or there about.
Cbp : ok, (stamps me in till Nov) Bye Bye!!

Na so I see myself oo dey leave airport oo... chaii.. thank God! No doc was even checked! Didn't even ask me how much I had. Chukwu dalu!!

Well now I dey my hotel room for NYC dey chill.. will leave for Chicago tomorrow.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 3:37am On May 17, 2016
cutelass:

480 if u are adding from US, 358 if adding from naija. U now have to pay dollar into their domicillary account in naija. Exchange rate 362 as at today.
Waoh thanks.i called their office today in US and they quoted 356 n I was thinking it was expensive.i guess I quickly call back and pay 2mrw
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 3:43am On May 17, 2016
Hello everyone

I just got into Houston today via JKF today,i used Qatar, i want to thank everyone for taking the time to share their experiences,it has really really helped me alot,i got to know about this forum after my visa was denied in January,and all I had to do was read and discovered my mistakes(no proper documentation ie doctors and hospital correspondent,appointment letter, ), i reapplied and my visa was granted in march and shared my interview transcript, and here is my POE story

CBP: but ur 4 fingers on the scan
ME : did as he said

CBP: are you here on vaction
ME: i am here to have me baby

CBP: (he looked at my mum)is she ur mum
me:yes

CBP: how much do you have on u
me: we av a combination $10,030, 150 pounds and some naira

CBP: collected our passport and scanned her fingers then stamped our passport till Nov

no documentation was checked,the guy was not even interested,i even thought probably the main check was after was still coming,after getting our boxes I asked another guy that works at JFK that is that the CBP,he said yes,i was shocked cos i was very ready for them,i was expecting alot of questions,i even made sure i eat well on the plane in case i get kidnapped for 7hrs lol,we went to agri,our 2 tubers of yam were seized.I Thank God for everything,i booked wheel chair and i didnt use it i dont know where the strength came from,and last week i was able to miraculously get 4k PTA from access bank after different level of approval.anyway i just want to share my story,i am very tired the flight was just too long,i av to sleep,gd nite to every1

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 4:44am On May 17, 2016
Congrats @ucystan and osat82. Wishing u both stress free with easy delivery.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 4:51am On May 17, 2016
greatie:
Hello mamas,
I hope y'all had an awesome day?
Who has gotten pta o? DH came just got an info that black market is 380 today! shocked shocked cry cry

Hian, mamas using dr F (currently in houston) please did he accept d wire transfer after ur first appointment?

Pls i help a sister. cry

330 on Monday it was 345 on friday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by donbusky(m): 5:08am On May 17, 2016
Hi Annim,

Pls how much was your initial bill for the NICU for 4 days?

After you bargained with them what was your final bill?

I am in similar scenario and your response would greatly help. Thanks.

Annim:

Used WHMC last year Jan and my baby ended up in NICU for 4days. Depends on the number of days she will spend there that will determine the total fees to be paid. Since you are self pay patient, ask for discount when the final bill comes. You can get as much as 40% all depends on your bargaining power. You can also set up a monthly payment plan for a maximum of 24months too but discount will be less if repayment period is long. Pls do not accept medicaid for the baby as this will spoil your chances of going back to the US.
Also ask to speak with the breastfeeding dept. They will give u a pump to assist in getting the milk flow quickly.
God will surely bring her out quickly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:29am On May 17, 2016
MomSomyy:

I now know better. Honestly never imagined all this was going to happen/pose a problem for me considering that my baby birth in the US was truly unplanned. The moment I was stamped in for 6months at POE I just thought to have the baby at once since my stay was legally documented u get? Paid all my bills and specifically got all zero balances. If u noticed I didn't even reapply immediately I got back (because that would show you have no ties back home, because typically you are to wait a while after staying for 6months based on information I read) waited out for a WHOLE year. This 2nd pregnancy self was not planned, came in unexpectedly cheesy .Personally I know the MAJOR problem that will arise during my nextweek interview would be Why My Travel Intent Changed From Vacation Lastweek to Birthing Baby this week? Even though they both fall under b2 visa. That alone is my GREATEST Worry (Even Though I was never asked any pregnancy related question) I still feel changing Travel Intent Within a Week is wrong from their perspective tho. I know deep down that part can't really be Justified except God intervenes of course. I pray God favors me sha.

Just wondering what you do for a living.

I'm really just trying to help when I say this.

You can't convince a VO that your initial decision to stay and have a baby was unplanned and still prove you have ties back home.

If you have a job for example, how do you suddenly just decide you're not going back to work you'd rather stay for months in the US to have a baby? It doesn't seem logical. I'm not sure there's anyway you can truly explain how you could just decide based on a 6 month stamp in that everything in Nigeria could wait and you would just stay to have a baby in the US. Please consider this before you tell a VO again that it wasn't planned.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.