Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (906908 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Ebonymomma,

Sorry about your experience but at least let's do our part before leaving the rest to God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 10:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Call their pre-registration dept: +1 (404) 459-1280. And follow the voice prompt. You'd be asked your personal details. After pre-reg, ask for your account number, and the wire details. Follow the directions given you.

larrytoks:
Atlanta mommas travelling around June/July, which flights are you guys booking please..?
Imagine Delta going for 900k pp shocked shocked shocked

@ifycharm, kemmytino, how did you make your payments to Northside hospital? I asked them for bank details and they replied saying they don't accept wire transfers.

Kindly help out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by asikiye: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Sometimes, it's not the CBP officers but the custom officers in agriculture who make you miserable and send you back to the immigration to deport you. My first experience was at Houston back in 2013, i had scaled through the immigration in less than 3 minutes and on to agriculture where this crazy white lady decided to leave the food she was supposed to see to go through all my documents. Guess what? That was the time when lying was in vogue to get through CBP and i didn't know better better because that is whati had been advised by others who went before me. I recently found out about this thread. I lied through my teeth to get through immigration and the customs woman said she knew i had come to give birth and use tax payers money. She recommended me for deportation o. i spent 7 more gruelling hours with the immigration unattended to with many others. When my turn came and i was called, i just told the truth that i wasn't just there for vacation but also to have my baby. I was with all my documents to prove i could pay my bills, plus cash and cards. It didn't take them 5 minutes to free me.
I stayed in Houston for 4 months, had my baby, paid my bills and came home. Who wan stay America sef? That child just turned 3 a few days ago.
Morale of the story is be ready with your burden of proof(then i didn't even know what that was) AND say the truth. You will not be turned back. Gearing up for another trip to Houston in a few months. This exchange rate is really giving me headache and lack of BTA too. Biko who knows if WHMC accepts Form A?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2016
Austine2020:
Fine Bobo,happy birthday to him.
TheLeakyTribe:

Happy 1st birthday to your son.

Thank you so much !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2016
happytbaby:
Feddy27.

Happy birthday to your son. He is so beautiful!

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2016
favoredgal:

Happy birthday cute boy

Thanks darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gahaotu: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2016
asikiye:
Sometimes, it's not the CBP officers but the custom officers in agriculture who make you miserable and send you back to the immigration to deport you. My first experience was at Houston back in 2013, i had scaled through the immigration in less than 3 minutes and on to agriculture where this crazy white lady decided to leave the food she was supposed to see to go through all my documents. Guess what? That was the time when lying was in vogue to get through CBP and i didn't know better better because that is whati had been advised by others who went before me. I recently found out about this thread. I lied through my teeth to get through immigration and the customs woman said she knew i had come to give birth and use tax payers money. She recommended me for deportation o. i spent 7 more gruelling hours with the immigration unattended to with many others. When my turn came and i was called, i just told the truth that i wasn't just there for vacation but also to have my baby. I was with all my documents to prove i could pay my bills, plus cash and cards. It didn't take them 5 minutes to free me.
I stayed in Houston for 4 months, had my baby, paid my bills and came home. Who wan stay America sef? That child just turned 3 a few days ago.
Morale of the story is be ready with your burden of proof(then i didn't even know what that was) AND say the truth. You will not be turned back. Gearing up for another trip to Houston in a few months. This exchange rate is really giving me headache and lack of BTA too. Biko who knows if WHMC accepts Form A?

WHMC does not accept wired but some of their doctors do

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2016
prolify:

Happy Birthday handsome!!!!

Thanks my darling! How are you doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Please does anyone know if Houston Methodist accepts wire transfer and how to get the details?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 11:51am On Apr 15, 2016
Petdaughter:

Wow! That's pretty scary. I always say it that giving birth in USA goes beyond the citizenship, the healthcare is exceptional and top notch. May her soul RIP. Amen

Amen o.her baby is here smiling and reminding us of the excellent person we lost
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Pls any May mum using west Houston medical center let's connect.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by larrytoks: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
passionantchica:
Call their pre-registration dept: +1 (404) 459-1280. And follow the voice prompt. You'd be asked your personal details. After pre-reg, ask for your account number, and the wire details. Follow the directions given you.

Ok, will do that. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
ucystan:

Hahahahaa... but at least d baby still commot for Yankee. Even if nah for road, Yankee nah Yankee... hahaha...
Yea I was going to ask Abeg, what if as u were just about to be sent back, labor just start, before u know it baby commot, Wetin d CBP dem go do?? U guys will still receive better medical attention and baby's birth certificate go still b Yankee + baby must fly back with passport nah(and it must b blue o). HAHAHAAA.. how u see am

This babe.

I've told you before to stop watching Mexican soaps, you no gree. See am now. Your imagination is now doing Jet Li

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gahaotu: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
I'm travelling on 13th May, would sterling give me PTA by next week? which of the branches in Ikoyi? pls respond to my PM

AsiwajuAfo001:

Not sure of other branches but you can get here in ikoyi. Just helped a Customer few hours ago. Do you have an account with sterling bank?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
LMAO cheesy

nefertitiram:

This babe.

I've told you before to stop watching Mexican soaps, you no gree. See am now. Your imagination is now doing Jet Li
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Dear Nlanders
Please kindly weigh in on this.
How does one proof to the CBP officers that one is headed for say houston/Elpaso when one shows up at Newyork POE.
Also can someone just buy the local flight tickets from say Southwest or Jetblue after clearing with CBP or it is a MUST to
book the local flights from NY to Houston/Elpaso even before leaving Naija..How does one go about this local flight thingy..please
those who have experience in this angle should help clear this grey areas

I am also looking for Pocket friendly tickets to NY for tomorrow..any hints/help will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello house, so am finally in Houston and I thank God for everything. My journey goes thus:

Left p.h with morning flight 8:55 to Abuja, rested well in the hotel and left for my flight around 6 pm same day. On getting to the airport, immigration pple were just nice and let me thru without hassles. Getting to weighing my bags, (lots of food stuffs) I had like 6 extra weight, one small witch girl refuse to let me go o! Insisted I paid 21, while I was arguing my hubby just collect paper from her go pay saying he does not want anything to stress me, I vex!

So boarded lufthansa to Frankfurt, showed fit to fly, did portend health paid 1k and I boarded. Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seat beside me. Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable. Got to Frankfurt, didn't book wheelchair so I walked a while to my next terminal which was not bad cos it helped kill time. 4 hrs plus layover and I boarded United Airlines to Newark (new jersey). Just b4 landing I started feeling nauseated and sick. Next to POE experience

Q : why are u here
Me : to have my baby n do some shopping
Q : is this ur first and why America
Me : yes it's my first and for better health care
Q : how much do u have on u?
Me: 8k
Q : do u have a doctor n how much it will cost u
Me : yes I have all that, wanted to show him my papers he said no to worry.
finger prints and he said
Ok I'll send u for further exams.
me : ok so am off to secondary inspection.
Waited for like 3 mins and a guys works to were am seating and calls my name.
me : that's me
Q : what do u do back home
Me : am not working right now
Q : what does ur hubby do
Me : he's a contractor in bla bla
Q : so he's the sponsor of this trip
Me : yes
Q : how much do u have on u
Me : 8k, 250 dollars, 350 euro and my cards incase I need more cash
Q : were are u staying
Me : book intown suites apartment
Q : do u have family in the us
Me: No I don't
Q: why is ur hubby not here with u
Me: he'll join me later
Q: when will he join u
Me: sometime in July then we can both go back together in august, I added at least that's the plan for now.
Ok, just hold on
He goes and comes back 2 mins later, hands my passport over and says u can go get ur luggage in agriculture. All my time here is abt 10mins in total.

So am off to agric, questions, bag was not opened and nothing was seized ( had all sorts including frozen palm oil, fried snails, ) dropped my bags off and took another long walk to my terminal for flight to Houston abt 3 hrs. Boarded and started feeling like am sick and will throw up. Ate nothing except sipping water. Slept à little and we are in Houston. Took my luggage and left.

Rested well and am much better.
lessons,
wheel chairs are advisable, I think d long walking didn't help me,
personally I think direct flights are better, cos d stopping and entering got to me at the end. But don't blame me I was trying to avoid houston wahala!
Waiting for my appointment next week with Dr F.
Sorry for my long post.

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
I think u should buy the local tickets for ur flights already before u enter, it's cheaper and shows them u plan to go to were ur going. When I gave d Cbp officer my passport, I made sure my boarding pass for my next flight out of Newark were all inside the passport. So he didn't ask me that again.

MrYagi:
Dear Nlanders
Please kindly weigh in on this.
How does one proof to the CBP officers that one is headed for say houston/Elpaso when one shows up at Newyork POE.
Also can someone just buy the local flight tickets from say Southwest or Jetblue after clearing with CBP or it is a MUST to
book the local flights from NY to Houston/Elpaso even before leaving Naija..How does one go about this local flight thingy..please
those who have experience in this angle should help clear this grey areas

I am also looking for Pocket friendly tickets to NY for tomorrow..any hints/help will be appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Congrats and thank God for your safe trip.

I think I'll jejely stick to the wheelchair option o, cos I was already having a change of mind. Was thinking I'd be feeling a bit awkward being pushed through the airport. But what the heck, It's my life bo.

evemama:
Hello house, so am finally in Houston and I thank God for everything. My journey goes thus:

Left p.h with morning flight 8:55 to Abuja, rested well in the hotel and left for my flight around 6 pm same day. On getting to the airport, immigration pple were just nice and let me thru without hassles. Getting to weighing my bags, (lots of food stuffs) I had like 6 extra weight, one small witch girl refuse to let me go o! Insisted I paid 21, while I was arguing my hubby just collect paper from her go pay saying he does not want anything to stress me, I vex!

So boarded lufthansa to Frankfurt, showed fit to fly, did portend health paid 1k and I boarded. Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seat beside me. Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable. Got to Frankfurt, didn't book wheelchair so I walked a while to my next terminal which was not bad cos it helped kill time. 4 hrs plus layover and I boarded United Airlines to Newark (new jersey). Just b4 landing I started feeling nauseated and sick. Next to POE experience

Me: sometime in July then we can both go back together in august, I added at least that's the plan for now.
Ok, just hold on
He goes and comes back 2 mins later, hands my passport over and says u can go get ur luggage in agriculture. All my time here is abt 10mins in total.

So am off to agric, questions, bag was not opened and nothing was seized ( had all sorts including frozen palm oil, fried snails, ) dropped my bags off and took another long walk to my terminal for flight to Houston abt 3 hrs. Boarded and started feeling like am sick and will throw up. Ate nothing except sipping water. Slept à little and we are in Houston. Took my luggage and left.

lessons,
personally I think direct flights are better, cos d stopping and entering got to me at the end. But don't blame me I was trying to avoid houston wahala!
Sorry for my long post.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
blaize777:
Pls any May mum using west Houston medical center let's connect.

Hey, I'm also due in may, using whmc, my Dr is matti korhonen. Are you staying with family or did u rent an apt, I'm trying to sort out an apt close to whmc. We can hook up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Congrats dear

U were suppose to personally gist me about New Jersey Poe na. Rem I asked for it with a bottle of wine after sharing my ticket details with u?

Don't mind me, I'm happy for u dear and don't worry, ur return leg is just Houston to Lag back. Pele

evemama:

Ok, just hold on

lessons,
Sorry for my long post.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
gusfy823:

Hey, I'm also due in may, using whmc, my Dr is matti korhonen. Are you staying with family or did u rent an apt, I'm trying to sort out an apt close to whkmc. We can hook up

Family am using Dr la leaving nxt wk u can try the lodge @westoak is close to whmc.wen re u leaving
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
So there's nobody going to Chicago nxt month?? Chaii... e be like say nah only me dey dis journey oo...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cmeo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
The PTA waka is real o!
I was at Stanbic-Ibtc head office yesterday and today for the PTA which I applied for over 2 weeks ago, but they told me they don't have fund for 2 weeks now. My account officer at sterling bank who promise me $2k this week too also failed, though he assured me he will get it for me next week, but my travel date is this Sunday.

Lesson learnt: If you really need the PTA, better start the waka latest 1 month to ur travel date and also involve ur bank account officer (let him/her start the process for u)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
larrytoks:
Atlanta mommas travelling around June/July, which flights are you guys booking please..?
Imagine Delta going for 900k pp shocked shocked shocked

@ifycharm, kemmytino, how did you make your payments to Northside hospital? I asked them for bank details and they replied saying they don't accept wire transfers.

Kindly help out.

Hi, I flew delta and I also did not birth @ northside.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=tktgal post=44400204]Hello house.

Flew with Emirates from Abuja 1st April and landed Houston on 2nd April at 3:45pm. Straight to my POE story in summary

CBP: Took fingerprints and asks where r u going today?
Me: Houston

Hi, r u still at intown Suites highway 6 or did u get another apt.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
blaize777:

Family am using Dr la leaving nxt wk u can try the lodge @westoak is close to whmc.wen re u leaving

Leaving June
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
gusfy823:

Leaving June
Oh u re already der me am coming nxt wk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Any Travel Agent here that can give me a sweet deal from Lagos to Houston via newyork or Newark kindly sms me on zero nine zero eight five four seven two four eight nine.

Looking at leaving Tonight or tomorrow to return mid june...

United/Lufthansia prefered....Same itinerary is Lag-Frank-Newark-houston.
holla if you can get me a flight for tonight or tomorrow.
Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by PlOOT: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
ucystan:
So there's nobody going to Chicago nxt month?? Chaii... e be like say nah only me dey dis journey oo...
I am going to Chicago next month. But going through Boston poe to Chicago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Lol! Yes o, u just notify me once ur in and the wine will come to u where ever u are! Poe was nice, .
I think ur good to go.

quote author=biollar1 post=44729664]Congrats dear

U were suppose to personally gist me about New Jersey Poe na. Rem I asked for it with a bottle of wine after sharing my ticket details with u?

Don't mind me, I'm happy for u dear and don't worry, ur return leg is just Houston to Lag back. Pele

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.