Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902289 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
bubelahot:
Please mamas in the house. How do you take your newborn home...Do you use a carseat\ stroller or you use the baby sling. Which one is more convinent especially if your traveling back to Nigeria alone.
You will need a stroller especially if you have stopover. Do not check in the stroller on the check in counter, then request for bassinet .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
lobus:
Good day all,

The situation with my wife and I is thus. We have travelled twice to Dubai and once to Seychelles as a couple. Also once to Dubai while dating. We were both denied UK Visa long ago before marriage.

We intend giving birth in the US. Have doctor and hospital correspondence as well as sufficient funds in my account.

My questions are;
What should we look out for?
For how long must my funds have stayed in my account?

A response would be appreciated.

Hey, why not check out interview transcripts of ppl on this thread? That would give u an hint as to what to look out for during ur interview. Also, you ll need to present a 6month account statement that shows ur monthly income and the closing balance should be sufficient for the journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
tbash16:
I guess maybe dts wat they did for me at heathrow yesterday...used something to wipe my hand and ccheck if u haheck. ...dunno what dt means...shioor...i cannot even stay here..the cold is too much...baby is wearing 3 clothes + a cardigan n me d mum sef na 3 cloth + cardigan...i dread heat buh cnt wait to reach my house....may God bless our LOs
They check if u have been in recent contact with certain drugs/substances.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
NaijaMama:

Congrats on your passage but I am beginning to wonder, is there anything with accepting that we're giving birth in the US for the passport, so the child will have choices when he grows up?

Everyone seems to be spooling the 'better health care' story and from your experience, it appears they're tired of hearing the same excuse over and over.

sincere answers pls.

Well, seems no one has ever thought in that direction but you could try it and who knows, you could just be opening our eyes to another reason to give to the popular question.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
tbash16:
I guess maybe dts wat they did for me at heathrow yesterday...used something to wipe my hand and check. ...dunno what dt means...shioor...i cannot even stay here..the cold is too much...baby is wearing 3 clothes + a cardigan n me d mum sef na 3 cloth + cardigan...i dread heat buh cnt wait to reach my house....may God bless our LOs

LOL @, the highlighted, (brought some memories), na werin dey stop me from illegal immigration be dat.. cheesy

Me & my darling dear have been known to wear thick gloves, head warmer & double pullover for inside oyinbo "summer". Our hosts laff taya till we carry our kaya comot.... cheesy

Bae Nefertitiram has also been known to throw away her cup of drink few metres away from the house when frostbite almost set in.. tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
Congrats to all new mummies. Pls is there anyone who had used St Francis hsptl, Wilmington, Delaware? Pls how's accommodation over there? Just concerned abt the accommodation. I beg,I'm due to travel in June; belle dey big dey go o n na VBAC.
The very few ones I saw r quite expensive. Somebody helpppp.... sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by PlOOT: 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=bbaby84 post=45074266]

Lol so it was you all along?
Kuku give us the Chicago gist too.
Biko stay away from that naughty Chicago POE this time asay I was the one?

Madam if you read clearly and follow the thread you will see my messages on the poe m going through and people have asked for hook up. If you want the first gist ask and stop pushing words. If am the one with the experience and I post it that am the one with the experience, What difference will it be?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nenya(f): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
Anyone going to El paso in August?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by PlOOT: 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
bbaby84:

Lol so it was you all along?
Kuku give us the Chicago gist too.
Biko stay away from that naughty Chicago POE this time around.

Madam if you read clearly and follow the thread you will see my messages on the poe m going through and people i have asked for hook up. My fnd sent me her transcript during her Lagos interview she didn't send the one for Chicago poe and I cnt be writing her Chicago transcript when I wasn't there. If I was the one with the experience and I post it that am the one with the experience, What difference will it be?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by PlOOT: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
herrik066:
Now, this is confusing, Your story or your friend's story?Was it you all along? Plus your(friend) initial transcript at the 1st POE denial(cos there might be a second. lol), you claimed that you have 7k dollars, and then in your response to the VO at the interview of the later visa application you claimed you have 14k dollars. Can you clarify all of this conflicting responses?

She converted the equivalent naira account balance to dollars to the 7k cash she held . Totaling 14k dollars

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Good for you!!!! God bless you plenty too. And rest well o, you're already there smiley
May my Miami POE be as sweet for me as JFK was for you oooooo.

Meanwhile, did you actually mean $200 or it was a typo
I took my Medif form, medical Cert. And fit to fly to their office today.

Please, where did you get the TED stockings?
babyokujide:
Hello mamas+papas,
I am currently in NY @ JFK airport enjoying WiFi while I await my connecting flight to my final destination, it's a long wait (6hrs).
JFK POE is a Bae, took me a total of 15 mins for both cbp and secondary inspection........

Take home lessons;
1) be sure to use JFK plsss.
5) get Ted stockings

Sorry guys 4 d long gist.

Make I sleep small.

God bless u all for the tips and encouragement, its simply priceless!!

I love u all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
ozycy:

You will need a stroller especially if you have stopover. Do not check in the stroller on the check in counter, then request for bassinet .

Thank you oooo. I get 15hrs layover for Dubai but I am entitled to hotel. I go just get the travel system stroller.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Maybe me

quote author=nenya post=45100977]Anyone going to El paso in August?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ekpotek: 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hi all,
Any idea of affordable accommodation in Brooklyn NY for extended stay at least 3 months for birthing purpose. We intend to use New York Methodist hospital, Brooklyn. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by larrytoks: 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
customised87:

Well, seems no one has ever thought in that direction but you could try it and who knows, you could just be opening our eyes to another reason to give to the popular question.

Actually, people have. A friend told me about a lady's POE encounter at Houston that went somewhat like this;

CBP: why did you choose the US to have your baby? And don't give me the usual "better health care" line
Lady: I want to give my kids the opportunity that comes with being American and since I can afford it, why not!
CBP: (laughing and nodding)...now, who taught you to say that? (Still laughing )
Lady: Well, you wanted to hear the truth.

Can't remember how the rest of the conversation went but the lady definitely wasn't deported and I think that was her second time in the US for child birth.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
PlOOT:

Madam if you read clearly and follow the thread you will see my messages on the poe m going through and people i have asked for hook up. My fnd sent me her transcript during her Lagos interview she didn't send the one for Chicago poe and I cnt be writing her Chicago transcript when I wasn't there. If I was the one with the experience and I post it that am the one with the experience, What difference will it be?
Please madam how long after someone is sent back can they reapply.
I know someone that was sent back few days ago n wants to reapply.
How soon can she do?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
blaize777:
Whmc bill is crazy well I won't even dare dem again never.went to the hospital I need close monitor cos my baby is just 2kg now every wk I visit 100 dollar imagine after I ve paid all my bills.if it will result to cs hospital and all extra 2500. embarassed embarassed so sad with nig dollar wahala all d weight #scared#36wks
Pls wer can I get car seat and stroller as I hrd is compulsory to buy wat mall and Wats d price range urgent pls

It is well. Hope u are eating very well. Did nt the doctor give u diet to follow.2kg is smaLl . I gave birth to my first @2.8kg and I can remember how small and easier the birthing was. But try and increase ur carb intake and take ur medications. Am sure the doctor must have added some multivitamins
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hi Iphie26.
Please can you give me a working contact for Valisia? The number I got off the internet isn't going through.

Thanks and hope you're doing well.

Iphie26:

She's really great and warm. Once you are using meridian obgyn she's the one in charge. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=blaize777 post=45092389.went to the hospital I need close monitor cos my baby is just 2kg now every wk I visit 100 dollar imagine after I ve paid all my bills.[/quote]

Did your doctor actually say your baby is losing weight?

Weighing 2kg at 36 weeks isn't really bad. Technically if you get to your due date your baby would be born at about 6 pounds. That's normal birth weight. Low birth weight is for babies born below 2.5kg and a baby who's 2kg at 36 weeks would definitely surpass that.

Except you're one of those people who like to have big babies but who big baby epp?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please guys, I want to ask a "very stupid question" . Which should come first, doctor then hospital or hospital then doctor? Should I look for a cheap hospital then search for a doctor or vice versa?

For VBAC, it seems like it's not so easy to find VBAC doctors that will take me at 36 weeks.

I need answers from those that are more experienced.

I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cmeo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
mumcshyn:
Shout out to @Cmeo i got my baby drugs today.thank uou am so grateful.rgds to ur wifey

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family though briefly. You have such a nice family and I am happy I brought the medicine for ur baby. Iyawo a gbo o!

@LadyGuinivere
Thank you and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
ify4charm:
Pls new and old mama's I urgently need advise.

I just put to bed but haven't been able to express any breastmilk since the last 24hrs. LO sucks but nothing comes out. I am still doing skin to skin contact to initiate milk flow. Pls is there anyone who has experienced this and has a solution. Currently she is being bottled fed but i ll like to stop it asap.

Hello Ifycharm,
Hope you feel better today? I had to go my archive to get you a list of food that helped me increase breast milk supply, when I had my son 6yrs ago, I didn't not produce milk for 3weeks and the more I put him to suckle the more he rejects it,it was so tiring that I will end of crying each time, the first day of success he was on it for 1 hour and am not joking, my tits become sore (lol) he however stopped by himself when he was 7months old.

Stuff that helped:
Oatmeal
Salmon
Lots of spinach
Carrots
Garlic became my fav food seasoning cos I could eat it raw or drink it, if you can blend and drink then it's all good.
Sweet potato
And of course pap and lots of fluid as advised by other mamas.
If you are still having any challenge pls supplement, some babies don't even take breast milk at all.

All the best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
XX01:
Please guys, I want to ask a "very stupid question" . Which should come first, doctor then hospital or hospital then doctor? Should I look for a cheap hospital then search for a doctor or vice versa?

Both go hand in hand but you may wish to know the price range for a particular hospital and then search for Doctor in the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
spainbaby:
pls any May mom in houston,need a shopping partner for baby tinz oooh.
My houston POE experience was just GOD at work,i forgetfully check in my hospitals& doctor correspondence,change of intent document because my laptop refused to on at d dieing minute.
POE CONVERS AS FOLLOW;
Cbo-it obvious u re here for child birth rit
me-yes
cbo- ve u contacted any hospital n doc
me-yea
cbo- can i see d documents
me- pls i kept d file in my laptop bag n i forgetfully check in because my laptop refuse to on.
cbo-Smiled n said all dis preggy ladies,u guyz can forget tinz.
me-smiled n said dont mind us
cbo-is dis ur dota n ur mom
me-yea.my dota n my mom in-law
cbo-wow.prety dota u ve dere. how much do ve
me- 15k
cbo-how long do intent to stay
me- 3mnth
cbo- place ur hands n tell mom to do same. pls wait aside for a moment.
We were taken to a room,waited for lik 1hr,called me n ask same question,i gave same answer. ok ma ve a safe delivery n a nice stay n remember to get ur ZERO CLEARANCE from d hospital.
me- ok Gracias
Am using HOUSTON NORTHWEST MEDICAL CENTRE- $2000
Dr xydas-$1700.
WIll update d remaining payments n experience once
my lil cutie arrive IJN.AMEN.
Hey dear,
Best of luck on delivery ijn amen. How is the doctor does his fee include test, scans and postnatal? Hope his clinic is close to hospital so you don't stress that much. Abeg let me know if I can prepay and if they would send appointment letter too? .
Take care dear.
Best of luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Elueski(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
@Ye2ndearisto i want to discuss with you on the accomodation. Please send mail to:ijeagwo@gmail.com
Cheers.

Ye2ndearisto:
Hello All,

Here is my breakdown of all bills issued and and paid so far.

I used oak bend , dr Fagbohun .

Dr fees and test- 2020
Hospital fees -2300.
Nic -$416
I cancelled hearing test .
Brown and associates gave me two bills . $93 and $24.
Then a mama we stayed together discovered a clinic beside us for PD visit. First visit $30 and hearing test was also done . Second visit $30. The clinic is hope clinic they are in bellaire Blvd and they also give correspondence.( hope am not breaking rules.).

Then for those using west Houston , oakbend , Methodist . The accomodation am using , a room will be vacant from 29th of May . Good and strategically located on cook road by bellaire.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
mummybee:

@blaize777, all is well by God grace. Try take Milo if you can lay ur hands on one(with plenty milk)...you'll gain weight, so will your baby. Take lots of smoothies and sleep well. Don't panic and don't stress yourself. Suspend any form of exercise.

Then as per the car seat and stroller...gracco classic connect, travel system. It's cheaper @ Target or try walmart

@ mummybee Pls must we get car seat and stroller or just one of the two
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ye2ndearisto:
Hello All,

Here is my breakdown of all bills issued and and paid so far.

I used oak bend , dr Fagbohun .

Dr fees and test- 2020
Hospital fees -2300.
Nic -$416
I cancelled hearing test .
Brown and associates gave me two bills . $93 and $24.
Then a mama we stayed together discovered a clinic beside us for PD visit. First visit $30 and hearing test was also done . Second visit $30. The clinic is hope clinic they are in bellaire Blvd and they also give correspondence.( hope am not breaking rules.).

Then for those using west Houston , oakbend , Methodist . The accomodation am using , a room will be vacant from 29th of May . Good and strategically located on cook road by bellaire.

Pls I need more information on the accomodation and hospital could u give me ur email or send me mail on chidiebereokoro@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2016
So I just succeeded in booking an appointment! (sleepy eyes).
My questions:
1. my appointment is scheduled for 31st may and the nearest appointment date is May 26th! (i was waiting for doc appointment and pricing to arrive in my sister's mail box, the doctors office doesnt correspond via email). Do I absolutely need to reschedule before interview date? (i really do not want to go thru the stress of starting all over with that merry go round if i can avoid it. )

2. there were only 8 slots left on this particular date 26th , DH was saying a 9.30 appointment is too late and may reduce changes of being issued a visa! I know there are plenty experienced people on this thread biko pray tell me is this true?? if so let me reschedule to another date oo.
Anyone who has answers help a sister out!
THanks angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 1:29am On Apr 28, 2016
blaize777:
Whmc bill is crazy well I won't even dare dem again never.went to the hospital I need close monitor cos my baby is just 2kg now every wk I visit 100 dollar imagine after I ve paid all my bills.if it will result to cs hospital and all extra 2500. embarassed embarassed so sad with nig dollar wahala all dis no dey my budget.ooo dats like paying 10k.so depressed right.pls experience mum wat can I do for my baby weight to increase biko as dey say is distressed confused but position and all is okay just dat instead of growing d pikin dey loose weight #scared#36wks already
Nb-for those using whmc do all ur test for nig if u luv ur self cos d bill u go cry.i Neva drop bill don dey increase my test ve saved some bills though
Pls wer can I get car seat and stroller as I hrd is compulsory to buy wat mall and Wats d price range urgent pls

Got your email this morning. Thanks!

About the weight of your baby, i think you should just feed well , rest well and Please try not to worry much about it.. Its not easy but thinking consumes A LOT physically and mentally..So please try to avoid it as much as you can for now.. It will SURELY end in Praise..

WHMC is expensive o .. Nna mehnnn lol.... Lemme come and think well o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 1:47am On Apr 28, 2016
bubelahot:
Please mamas in the house. How do you take your newborn home...Do you use a carseat\ stroller or you use the baby sling. Which one is more convinent especially if your traveling back to Nigeria alone.
Used baby sling because if baby decides not to sleep in the bassinet and mommy wants to doze as well make pikin no go fall for person hand,you will also able to eat comfortably,carry hand luggage with ease too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.