Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? (2428 Views)

Why Arrogant And Disrespectful Ladies Won't Last In Marriage. / Funny Rant About A Rude Girl At Second Cup / Is Seun Disrespectful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? by xoxoxo(f): 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
Am I misunderstood or a rude and disrespectful person??

I am very hurt because I am judged for speaking up.  I can be a mean person but who isn't?

The incident:

a sibling used my washcloth when they could have asked me for a washcloth.  All I said was "why you used my washcloth and gave them a new one"
I meant nothing to it but they got the idea that I didn't want to use the washcloth again because they used it.  I know sometimes I say things that were better left unsaid but on the other hand, sometimes some people take what i say the wrong way and take themselves waay too seriously.  I'm hurt because what they said to me this morning, others said it before

now i am cryptic. what the hell does that mean

They tell me to be direct and concise instead of vague and now they are the same one criticizing me.

I've invited some buddies to join me and that person for lunch and I am going to bring up the topic and asked them to be honest with me.

Also, please rate my behavior on NL, so I can improve.  pLEASE BE HONEST AND RESPECTFUL WITH YOUR CRITICISM/OPINION.  Am I:-

naughty and nice
speak my mind/nice
rude
disrespectful
rude and disrespectful
misunderstood

Thanks
Epi
Re: Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? by kay9(m): 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
If you suspect you have an attitude problem, chances are you do. And if you dont, it doesnt hurt to be a lil nicer to people, does it? smiley

It does say some good about you that you're bothered, though.
Re: Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? by greedie1(f): 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Lyk u, i tend to be blunt too but dt doesn't mean im rude......ple tend to misunderstand. Next tym u ve a biting remark to make, just tk a min nd choose ur words or apologise immediately u notice u ve bin misunderstood....it works 4 me nd i always explain dt it isn't my fault but a fault in me lol
Re: Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? by dabrake(m): 1:22am On Apr 12, 2012
Your attitude might appear perfect to you but to others, it would be the reverse. Before you utter any word, weigh it(decode it in all possible ways)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Rules And Regulations / Who Plays Those Drums In The Middle Of The Night? / What's Your Bad Habit/ addiction ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.