Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups (15166 Views)

Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now – Yoruba Youth Groups Tell Osinbajo / We Will Protect 2face-led Anti-government Protest – Nigeria Police / Ribadu Remains The Only Saint That Led Anti-Corruption EFCC - Farouk Martins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by aresa: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
billyoung:
I am sure there is a reason they declined. There might be clauses in the requirements for membership that are not in our national interest or that might be detrimental to our national security. We need more information on what the terms of joining these organs are before we start screaming blue murder.

Exactly what happened..
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
The reason for the snub is because the approach used by the current administration is obsolete and selective. For a proper anti graft war, there is need for synergetic techniques and machineries. However, if this techniques are employed the Dullard and his many political appointee nyash will be opened.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by seunmsg(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
Psalm18:

Radovan Karadzic is Bosnian. Others as well
Can't be bothered to list them

How many arrest warrants have been issued against incumbent European leaders? Of all the atrocities going on in the middle east, how many leaders in that region has an ICC arrest warrant to his name?
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Reference(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
opius:
They knew these USA guy will dig deep very well that buhari self will be query ...

Exactly. Everyone likes s-e-x but the acts must be carefully chosen to avoid repulsion. I always say. EVERYONE HAS A POINT WHEN HE CAN GO NO FURTHER. They all know what they have once done and what others continue to do. And will do everything to ensure the cupboards never reveal their skeletons.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Goke7: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
These western nations should leave us alone, must we bow to their whims and caprices on every single matter.

Who dem don help sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Psalm18: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
seunmsg:

How many arrest warrants have been issued against incumbent European leaders? Of all the atrocities going on in the middle east, how many leaders in that region has an ICC arrest warrant to his name?

Tsk tsk
You said ONLY African leaders have been tried.
I give you an example and tell you there are more and you come with this.
I'm Not interested in the complex reasons for political and economic inequality in the world.
I was responding to your statement that was not factual.
Or is Radovan Karadzic an african?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by introvertedsoul: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
AS LONG AS THE USA IS INVOLVED. . . DON'T JOIN OH!
DOES CONTROL FREAKS ARE LOOKING FOR WAYS TO INFILTRATE ON A DAILY BASIS!
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by introvertedsoul: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
seunmsg:

Been following your posts right from the first page. . . You are a very smart individual.
Don't becoming deluded like these brain dead intellectuals, who think the USA are God's gift to humanity.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by introvertedsoul: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
Psalm18:

Tsk tsk
I'm Not interested in the complex reasons for political and economic inequality in the world.

Is Karadzic the only example you can come up with?
For goodness sake the man was only arrested 8 years ago . . .
How about the others?
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by smartleo(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
Psalm18:
P. Buhari should as a matter of commitment to rid us of corruption and join the initiative.
Since we joined the alliance against terror initiated by Saudi arabia-boko haram still has pockets of insurgency but the rewards will come later through intelligence sharing,extradition and arms.
I see similar analogy to this financial and anti corruption alliance-the rewards may not be immediate but gradually the impact will tell.

I really love your objective points,but let me be quick to point this out that dealing with the Americans you have to digest every detail before pending your signature,america is a typical example of this Yoruba proverb; a fun ni ni fila gba ori lowo e ni meaning ,americans can give you cap and cut off your head.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by seunmsg(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Psalm18:

Tsk tsk

I am sure you understand the context of my post to mean that most of ICC's prosecution are African leaders. You only want to call me out for saying ONLY African leaders. Fine, you win. But then, I stand with my government for refusing to join this OGP. I am particularly not impressed that the roll call of existing members are mostly African countries. Why are the European countries not part of it?
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by SilvanusII(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
mars123:
Been a member doesn't guarantee that there will be no corruption as I can see that Kenya for example is a member of both the OGP and PIF and still they rank above us in the corruption index. So what exactly is the benefit of joining this group?

Believe me, the average Kenyan National blames Nigerians for that. They may not be Xenophobic, but they won't trust us as far as they can spit
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by LadyExcellency: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
seunmsg:

I am sure you understand the context of my post to mean that most of ICC's prosecution are African leaders. You only want to call me out for saying ONLY African leaders. Fine, you win. But then, I stand with my government for refusing to join this OGP. I am particularly not impressed that the roll call of existing members are mostly African countries. Why are the European countries not part of it?

You would've abused Jonathan if he was the one rejecting the invite to join while calling him unprintable names
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Tellemall: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
Wolexdey:
So what are we waiting for?

Corruption must die.

No to corruption.. No to corrupt leaders, it should be rulers instead. The governors are the most corrupt. Please go after them.

We suppose you aren't corrupt? One cent is like one billion, if you took it then you took it.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by seunmsg(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You would've abused Jonathan if he was the one rejecting the invite to join while calling him unprintable names

When Jonathan refused to sign the trade agreement with EU, we all applauded him for the decision. For me, it's all about Nigeria's interest and nothing else. Nothing is personal here.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Wolexdey(m): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
Tellemall:

We suppose you aren't corrupt? One cent is like one billion, if you took it then you took it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

A better Nigeria we look forward to. Let's live what we preach because the Creator, the Almighty sees all things and knows all we do both in the secret and open.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by senior123: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
billyoung:
I am sure there is a reason they declined. There might be clauses in the requirements for membership that are not in our national interest or that might be detrimental to our national security. We need more information on what the terms of joining these organs are before we start screaming blue murder.

It is US led that's why. Nothing else
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by sam90s(m): 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
It's not a switch button you flip to end corruption, it's meant to be a part of a large anticorruption mechanism, criminals operate even in the US, is that a valid reason not to have law enforcement agencies anymore?
mars123:
Been a member doesn't guarantee that there will be no corruption as I can see that Kenya for example is a member of both the OGP and PIF and still they rank above us in the corruption index. So what exactly is the benefit of joining this group?
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by yaki84: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
LadyExcellency:
The statement from premiumtimes that Jonathan never declared his assets is false.

In fact, he did it better, far above the nonsense Buhari narrated (instead of comprehensive declaration) through his media assistant. If this wasn't detail enough, then forget it?

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by yaki84: 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
Goke7:
These western nations should leave us alone, must we bow to their whims and caprices on every single matter.

Who dem don help sef.

but u wanted gej to bow to their whims n caprices.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by poseidon12: 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
Of course I don't expect a Nigerian president to join a group that would expose his corrupt practices. GEJ refused to join and now Buhari has refused to join too. I'm not surprised.
Buhari is only pretending to be fighting corruption.
If it is about joining an Islamic group, he will quickly join without consultation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by Bollinger(m): 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
hemartins:
Corruption can't be eradicated.
As simple as that.

You are right. Corruption cannot be eradicated but it can be controlled. Even in America, there are corrupt public and private officials. The only difference is, they have a system in place to prevent it if possible, investigate it, prosecute and sentence such individual. In Nigeria, corruption is out of control. The country is drowning in it.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by senior123: 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
seunmsg:
"Members of OGP grew from six founding countries to 69 in less than five years, they include Ghana and Liberia in West Africa, as well as Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania and Tunisia. PIF members include Burkina Faso, Kenya, Mauritius, Liberia, Niger, and Senegal".

Is the OGP meant for African countries alone?
We should be careful about joining organisations that are similar to International criminal court that prosecutes only African leaders.

They have been trying for years to put all African countries under one umbrella so they can sieze control will their western stooge to fulfil European Neo-colonialist Imperial Agenda on the continent. OAU, PAN-AFRICA, AAU, ICC, AU, etc they have failed. They offer PROSPERITY, GROWTH, EDUCATION, FOOD, SAVING US, KILLING OUR LEADERS UNDER THE SCAM OF HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. BUHARI LEFT THE GROUPS.

They have to find a way to depopulate us first. Apparently African leaders were the only ones who refused to poison their people, so they must come up with a depopulation plan for Africa specifically. We are waiting.

Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1AnIvLO4_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCtYId2JJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr1DHNwp2Hg&index=3&list=PLdpWFdxaNWiSU6govo4MKZx5OGP8gVE_T
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by senior123: 12:03am On Apr 02, 2016
Wolexdey:
So what are we waiting for?

Corruption must die.

No to corruption.. No to corrupt leaders, it should be rulers instead. The governors are the most corrupt. Please go after them.

Not American controlled Scrutiny
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by egoldman(m): 1:48am On Apr 02, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
"They were roundly condemned by the Jonathan administration for acceding to the clause on asset declaration. President Goodluck Jonathan refused to declare his assets throughout his stay in office". Hmmm stealing is not corruption

"The U.S. delegation to this year’s BNC obviously expected that their Nigerian counterparts would have no objection to joining the two anti-corruption initiatives since President Buhari and Vice-President Osinbajo have already declared their assets". Transparency the best way.

They have the right to decide what is good for our nation
So joining anti corruption organisation not good for us , but joining sunni led terror group along with Saudi Arabia is good for us right ? Just kwantinu angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by ohenhen1: 5:11am On Apr 02, 2016
billyoung:

You are right we don't have the full details. Also it is not necessary to join a US led organization. What we should do is strengthen local organizations like EFCC and etc.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by ohenhen1: 5:13am On Apr 02, 2016
Can't commit to anything that impedes on our sovereignty.
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by blackpanda: 5:19am On Apr 02, 2016
This headline of this post is wrong. Nigeria didnt snub anybody. We have a right to consult before we agree to anything. OP just trying to sound sensational
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by djkirkoo2(m): 5:31am On Apr 02, 2016
mars123:
Being
Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by egoldman(m): 6:00am On Apr 02, 2016
ohenhen1:

You are right we don't have the full details. Also it is not necessary to join a US led organization. What we should do is strengthen local organizations like EFCC and etc.
But you have no issues when Buhari joined saudi arabia led sunni terror group , all in the name of fighting terrorism , keep deceiving yourself .
The truth here is that their style of fighting corruption will be more inclusive and that will expose people buhari considers saints in his government and even buhari himself, so as i said keep deceiving yourself .
The american congress man who did shady deals with atiku abubakar is in prison in the US while abubakar is free and celebrated man in Nigeria , are you getting my drift ? Buhari knows what he is trying to avoid shikena .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by mars123(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2016
djkirkoo2:
Being
alright. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups by blackprowler: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2016
Psalm18:

Radovan Karadzic is Bosnian. Others as well
Can't be bothered to list them

Moreover on further readings on these alliances- they are not prosecutorial. More like commonwealth- advice,technical support, openess and transparency.
Despite being member of commonwealth under Abacha- nobody in the regime was tried for murdering saro wiwa. Travel bans and restrictions were as far as sanctions came to.

Serbians were the perpetrators; Bosnians were the victims. Don't mind these Africans keeping score. It is an extension of how they keep ethnic score counts here on anything - typical of backward people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Done Well For South East, South South – Obiano / Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! / Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.