Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,721 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register (26319 Views)

Recruitment: Police Commission Under Pressure To Bend Rule / RECRUITMENT: Police Fixes Date For Screening Nationwide; Here Are 8 Things You M / Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by duduade: 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
When it reach 8000..?
They don't share am....
LMAO...
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by akinszz: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
Me na 1am.
sugardad1:
I registered around 2:46 am on Friday. Op who tell u say na 4am e start ?
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
The Nigerian Police Force: A toothless bulldog... angry

grin grin so that was the title of this debate competition we had back then in secondary school....
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Realdeals(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
basil15:

But is it really true that 'www.npf2016careers.net' is fake because they sent a mail notification

It's completely fake, all those notification are Web design stuff. Only the two website announced by the police are authentic.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by ogwuche4u(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
ridwanayo:
What has dis administration ever got right,am sorry to say dis but buhari is endowed with badluck,he has never had luck all his life,d only time he got a little bit goodluck his admistration is just receivin nd dishing out bad news
by their utterance you can know them. #wailers. go get something meaningful to do with your data. you can't even criticize constructively.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by adeshinaajayi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
bedspread:
WHAT A MESS?? IF EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A POLICE, WHICH THIEF WE WAN CATCH??
we want Nigeria to be free from thief.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Raphafire101: 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hehehe...and I heard someone said she does not wish her enemy to become a police Some of them will still come here and talk rubbish after applying ohhh...
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by OmoOlomu(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
daywalker02:
I registered via the limk http://www.npfcareers2016.net/asp-application-form.php pls is this link genuine
why don't u use the ones' that are clearly stated in the article
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by oluwabunmist: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
I registered on the 1st of April n I was sent a mail via my inbox. I used my Samsung Galaxy phone through Google Chrome. Guys why not try it. It worked for me
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
Wish you guys good luck.
Na perfectdanny o
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by felix4uall(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
I submitted my own application at exactly 12:52 AM on friday. Pple shuld try it over d night.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Mezie107(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
fake.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by klimson: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
VintageCocktail:
Only 8000 Meaning we are not jobless after all. I mean in a country filled with millions of unemployed youths....8000 is insignificant.

Nigeria...what a joke!! That server should've been built to accommodate the invasion, after all they gave a timeline when it will be opened.
8,000 registered on friday bw 4am to 2pm when the sight crashed. It typyfies tthe extent of joblessness. Leave the site for one week and you will have millions.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Adet5(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
I registered around 5am and it submit my application automatically while i am still at the first part, the confusing thing is that i received a confirmation that my application has been submitted. Pls can someone take me out of this mystery?
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Fmaniac(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Wat do dey mean by server traffic,was dia site not built to accomodate millions of application?,or if na 10k ppl dey wana recruit,wil it b only d exact amount dt wil apply?,abi no b surviver of d fittest again?
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by theMEGAman(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
daywalker02:
I registered via the limk http://www.npfcareers2016.net/asp-application-form.php pls is this link genuine
Guy pls I need inspector link pls I don't need asp pls bro.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by kratoss(m): 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
Realdeals:

It's completely fake, all those notification are Web design stuff. Only the two website announced by the police are authentic.

U are busy shouting fake whats fake?? The link they gave is for their website,the other links u see are from the career page u'll be redirected after visiting the site... and the emails being sent are authentic and nothing fake about it, pls stop misleading pple with what u dont know...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Tarzaa(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
Chei! E don happen!
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
akanbiaa:
Many do not want to join the Nigerian police and the max age of 28 disqualifies the age group where the unemployment is most enormous.Even on nairaland here many have sworn that they better be unemployed than to work as a police and most parents discourage or forbid their children from joining, when CBN places advert you shall see how many the unemployed are indeed.

Be deceiving ursef! Wen u wake up 2moro tell ursef same trash! I ve seen over a 1000 pple trying to apply in my ssmall community!
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Adet5:
I registered around 5am and it submit my application automatically while i am still at the first part, the confusing thing is that i received a confirmation that my application has been submitted. Pls can someone take me out of this mystery?
Make sure to finish ur application!
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by fitinwell: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
As a computer analysts.. I shake my head for such a Website.. Designed for Nigeria Police Force.. In this 21st century...
Below are my findings

* Poor Human Computer Interaction
* Poor Design Interface
* No Cyber system security Validation
* No Restrictions
* Supports data duplicacy
* No Sessions Time-out
* No Real-time form behavior.

Now to crown it all.. Using My sql to collate such a robust data.. From mass unemployed Nigerian youth.. You are expecting 10,000 applicant but less that 1.5million across the globe will try and fill the application.

Why don't you ask.. Facebook, yahoo, and. Many more services provider.. To know how they where able to register 6billion users and manage there accounts for free and still counting.

Why don't you want to invest in this type of project.. Since the IG says funds as been release by the federal government to kick start the recruiting process.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by akanbiaa(m): 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Be deceiving ursef! Wen u wake up 2moro tell ursef same trash! I ve seen over a 1000 pple trying to apply in my ssmall community!
Then rush to apply before its too late young man
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by jeebz: 12:03am On Apr 03, 2016
fitinwell:
As a computer analysts.. I shake my head for such a Website.. Designed for Nigeria Police Force.. In this 21st century...
Below are my findings

* Poor Human Computer Interaction
* Poor Design Interface
* No Cyber system security Validation
* No Restrictions
* Supports data duplicacy
* No Sessions Time-out
* No Real-time form behavior.

Now to crown it all.. Using My sql to collate such a robust data.. From mass unemployed Nigerian youth.. You are expecting 10,000 applicant but less that 1.5million across the globe will try and fill the application.

Why don't you ask.. Facebook, yahoo, and. Many more services provider.. To know how they where able to register 6billion users and manage there accounts for free and still counting.

Why don't you want to invest in this type of project.. Since the IG says funds as been release by the federal government to kick start the recruiting process.
Bro, I don't agree with all your submissions. MySql is not that bad as a DBMS the challenge is the site most likely was not optimized which led to performance degradation.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by amaralizzy40y: 12:53am On Apr 03, 2016
PLS WHICH OF THE SITE IS WORKING NOW, I WANT TO APPLY NW
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by natzviva(m): 1:12am On Apr 03, 2016
http://www.npfcareers2016.net/asp-application-form.php, the link is not fake is short cut to beat the police sit and start the registration once. When you are registering compare the address with http://www.npfcareers2016.net/asp-application-form.php.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by natzviva(m): 1:13am On Apr 03, 2016
http://www.npfcareers2016.net/asp-application-form.php, the link is not fake is short cut to beat the police site and start the registration once. When you are registering compare the address with http://www.npfcareers2016.net/asp-application-form.php.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by natzviva(m): 1:16am On Apr 03, 2016
http://www.npfcareers2016.net/home.html the link is not fake is short cut to beat the police site and start the registration once. When you are registering compare the address with http://www.npfcareers2016.net/home.html
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Emergencyluck: 1:59am On Apr 03, 2016
I registered via npfcarrer2016 wt BlackBerry #10 but av nt receive any email confirmation. hw do I knw av actually registered?
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Peritus(m): 2:24am On Apr 03, 2016
yet to receive confirmation mail
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by Ajascolove(m): 2:47am On Apr 03, 2016
Baba God in control.
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by daywalker02: 7:16am On Apr 03, 2016
theMEGAman:
Guy pls I need inspector link pls I don't need asp pls bro.

http://www.npfcareers2016.net/insp-application-form.php
Re: Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register by aristosoft(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2016
jeebz:

Bro, I don't agree with all your submissions. MySql is not that bad as a DBMS the challenge is the site most likely was not optimized which led to performance degradation.
From the message, you would know it's one cpanel like that that was used to host a site/application to accommodate more than 5m prospective applicants.

Gross Incompetence. Na one person go collect the contract, give one small company small money to handle am cos the competent ones won't take such.
We can suffer the result. Nepotism, Incompetence and Corruption will kill us someday if we don't address them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Business Idea For A Budget Of 500k / Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? / CV/Resume Tips To Get The Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.