Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (38649 Views)

Major Mistake Made By Christians / Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Olusanya333(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Alani86:

"The preaching of the Cross is to them that perish foolishness......."; 1Corinthians1:18!
And to what purpose do you quote Paul to me. You see bro, it is not a fight. You believe you are of more knowledge than I am or, maybe, them. But to your joy I solemnly agree. Now do good, enlighten us on how my friend is going to stop thinking evil.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Alani86: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
Olusanya333:
And to what purpose do you quote Paul to me. You see bro, it is not a fight. You believe you are of more knowledge than I am or, maybe, them. But to your joy I solemnly agree. Now do good, enlighten us on how my friend is going to stop thinking evil.

With due respect, you are completely wrong! First, I can never fight over the word of God; it is either you accept it or not. Second, delete the notion of being more knowledgeable than anybody, you said that to the wrong person; I no nothing and very willing to learn. Finally, please, let's never forget this; life isn't a competition ground for believers, we all have a common goal; to make heaven. I respect your views sir!
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Olusanya333(m): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
Alani86:

With due respect, you are completely wrong! First, I can never fight over the word of God; it is either you accept it or not. Second, delete the notion of being more knowledgeable than anybody, you said that to the wrong person; I no nothing and very willing to learn. Finally, please, let's never forget this; life isn't a competition ground for believers, we all have a common goal; to make heaven. I respect your views sir!

And first, what do you refer to as word of God? words of Paul, Peter, Jude and James?

Second, you contradict your views.

And thirdly, Heaven is not a race. And eternal life is to be lived here on earth.

Finally, Tell us how my friend will stop thinking evil.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Alani86: 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
Olusanya333:

And first, what do you refer to as word of God? words of Paul, Peter, Jude and James?

Second, you contradict your views.

And thirdly, Heaven is not a race. And eternal life is to be lived here on earth.

Finally, Tell us how my friend will stop thinking evil.

Oh I see! You should have saved me all the stress by simply telling me you are a Jehovah witness. I'll rest my case at this juncture. Thank you!
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Princewell2012(m): 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Firstly... sorry for calling u a hypocrite cry

U re d one twisting d Bible. @Bolded.. dats exactly wat am saying. They didn't giv it to God directly buh gav it to d church.

Go nd read Hebrews 7:1-10. Lemme summarize it.

Abraham went to war nd he won nd took with him d properties of those he conquered. Wen he got back.. u knw wat he did? He paid tithe to Melchisedec the High Priest. He gav 10%.. wil u now say dat why didn't he pay it to God?? Ofcourse he paid it to God tru d Priest. And also Levi(priesthood family) also paid tithe because it is a law. Lemme copy it for you..

Hebrews 7
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

This is d New Testament saying dat paying of tithes is a law in verse 5 nd also dat tithes re paid to d priest(Pastor) nd also that Levites(Men of God i.e Pastors) pay tithes too.

If Pastors collect tithes, then why do they pay tithes too? It's for God!!!

Mmmmm, according to the comments you bolded, so you mean when i give something to the church, i didn't give it to God? Hmmm, pls can you enlighten me more, and how exactly are we supposed to give to God?

You even implicated and also contradicted yourself according to the Hebrew you quoted and especially the ones you bolded which says according to the law
It means you did not get the proper understanding of what that passage was saying and it is pathetic.

Again what do you understand by those sentence, levy PAYING IN Abraham ? Nevertheless are you saying that pastors are now levites ?

Mmmmm, you see this issue of tithing have been over emphasis severally in this forum, you may check them out yourself, and i don.t think i will likes to go back there again.

However you may do as you wish, but don.t lure it to others. Thank you.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by DharmyYinks: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
Princewell2012:

Mmmmm, according to the comments you bolded, so you mean when i give something to the church, i didn't give it to God? Hmmm, pls can you enlighten me more, and how exactly are we supposed to give to God?

You even implicated and also contradicted yourself according to the Hebrew you quoted and especially the ones you bolded which says according to the law
It means you did not get the proper understanding of what that passage was saying and it is pathetic.

Again what do you understand by those sentence, levy PAYING IN Abraham ? Nevertheless are you saying that pastors are now levites ?

Mmmmm, you see this issue of tithing have been over emphasis severally in this forum, you may check them out yourself, and i don.t think i will likes to go back there again.

However you may do as you wish, but don.t lure it to others. Thank you.
Seriously?? Stop twisting my words nd d Bible!! Didn't u see wer I said they wer giving to God indirectly tru d priest??

By saying according to d law.. it means it's a commandment for Christians or u didn't see d 'commandment' dat precedes 'according' to d law??

Levi paying in Abraham means Levi paid his tithe out of d 10% of wat Abraham gav him. Just lik saying u paid ur tax(tithe) in dollars(US)?? Who produced d dollars? US!!

Am nt tryin to change ur mindset bout tithin.. I'm just letting u knw God commanded it nd it is dangerous for one to neglect God's wish.

It is left to u to Change or not. Either way I ve done my part nd my hands re clean. God bless you!!
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Princewell2012(m): 9:01am On Apr 05, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Seriously?? Stop twisting my words nd d Bible!! Didn't u see wer I said they wer giving to God indirectly tru d priest??

By saying according to d law.. it means it's a commandment for Christians or u didn't see d 'commandment' dat precedes 'according' to d law??

Levi paying in Abraham means Levi paid his tithe out of d 10% of wat Abraham gav him. Just lik saying u paid ur tax(tithe) in dollars(US)?? Who produced d dollars? US!!

Am nt tryin to change ur mindset bout tithin.. I'm just letting u knw God commanded it nd it is dangerous for one to neglect God's wish.

It is left to u to Change or not. Either way I ve done my part nd my hands re clean. God bless you!!

Really ? By saying according to the law , it means its a commandment given to Christian?
Hmmm, that's alright, God bless you too.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by JuicyGee(f): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
DharmyYinks:

U can always make a difference.. be d special one among those frnds. During my Sec skul days... I was d only male Christian in my class.. nd nt up to 5 Christians in d whole Sss! I role wit frndz from Ss1 to Ss3 nd lemme assure u dat those guys re bad. Yet I still made a diff.. I was d first Christian headboy of my skul nd a role model to odas..

It got to a time I was nicknamed Mr Repent cos I role wit them but I dnt behave lik dem. Even d Muslim teachers will say it publicly dat they trust me more dan any1. Wen dis guys bring ideas.. they wil leave me out cos they knw I won't partake in it but yet we wer still best of frndz. A Muslim once told me dat I was d only Christian guy nd they all like me. How come??

My point is.. it depends on hw u package ursef.. d impression of u dat u let dem hav. Wen dey re sinning.. do u join dem or correct dem? Wen talking ungodly things.. do u join dem or leave d place.

U can survive in d midst of pple wu re not born again. U just ve to set it priorities right nd let dem knw ur stands. U can do all things tru Christ's help. I didn't do it alone.. I hav God with me. U can too.
Thank you very much. I have God with me!
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by DharmyYinks: 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
JuicyGee:
U re wlc. U re a Conqueror through Christ
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Alani86: 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
JuicyGee:

33493CDA(bbm)/0806 743 8176(WhatsApp). If you think you need an iron to sharpen yours. It's vital, I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Throwback Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And His Daughters / Pastor Tunde Bakare's Daughter Wedding In London Today / Pastor Adeboye Opens RCCG New Central Office In Uk(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.