Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Step By Step Procedures In Dissolving A Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Step By Step Procedures In Dissolving A Country (651 Views)

We Follow Statutory Procedures In Granting Of Import Duty Waivers - Finance / Wike Set To Appoint New Commissioners After Dissolving Cabinet / Toyin Saraki, Zahra Buhari Meet Boy Who Was Brutalized By Step Mom In Kano. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step Procedures In Dissolving A Country by EasternActivist: 11:35am On Apr 03, 2016
I Need enlightened contributors whether international ally or home ally, to make an impact and broaden my knowledge base with the procedures of dissolving a country.

Also the procedures of making a country to be extinct and far removed from the map of the world.

If the beginning of a country is known, I optimistically believe that the end of a country can also be known.

Researchers are welcomed.
Re: Step By Step Procedures In Dissolving A Country by rudebouy: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2016
Since dis has to do with your dream country, let me help.

First, there has to be a constitutional amendment in the Nigerian constitution. Nigeria's constitution says "Nigeria is an indivisible entity". Technically and constitutionally, no one, not the US, not the UN, or EU or AU or ICC or even an Iran and North Korea Nuclear power collabo can divide Nigeria. So until dat clause is struck out from our constitution, der is no hope for your dream country.

Secondly, there has has to be an addition to the constitution for a referendum to be conducted if certain conditions are met.

These are the two most important steps to dividing Nigeria without shedding innocent blood and having your dream country.

However, there is a backdoor approach that is faster. If we have a military coup and go back to military rule, the military can speed up the constitutional amendments and Nigeria can be dissolved within 1 year.

Hope that helps!8-)
Re: Step By Step Procedures In Dissolving A Country by Bellfun(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
And..@Rudebouy...
If there's a military coup d'etat... The likely beneficiaries of such will be Northerners... So in this scenario,what's gonna be the fate of Biafra and Ipob?

They better don't pray for that option! The constitutional amendments will be a better option...but will that happen in this present day Nigeria?.. no!

(1) (Reply)

Caption This photo Of President Buhari and Obama / Gov Wike Flags Off Construction Of College Of Medical Sciences For RSUST (pics) / Suffering And Smiling: See What I Stand With Buhari Guy Was Caught Doing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.