Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Scriptures Are Signposts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scriptures Are Signposts (673 Views)

Scriptures Verses To Identify A True Prophet Of God Almighty / Are Cryptocurrencies Fulfiling Bible Scriptures of one world currency? / Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scriptures Are Signposts by rexben(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Scriptures are signposts.
38 nor do you have his word residing in you, because you do not believe the one whom he sent. 39 You study the scriptures thoroughly because you think in them you possess eternal life, and it is these same scriptures that testify about me, but are not willing to come unto me so that you may have life.
John 5:38-40.
According to Jesus,the scriptures are signpost,they only testify about Jesus.
NOTE:
When Jesus was talking about scriptures,He was referring to the Hebrew scripture/bible. John 5:39. When Paul was talking about the scriptures being given by the inspiration of God,he was also referring to the Hebrew bible. 2Timothy 3:16. This Hebrew bible is what protestants or pentecostals call the OLD TESTAMENT. Jesus or Paul was not referring to the whole bible.
Signpost: a post bearing a sign that gives directions or shows the way. All the scriptures can do for you is to show you Jesus.
Pls,when a signpost shows you the way to a particular place or shows you the particular place,what are you going to do next? Is it to sit and stay will the signpost,or to go to the place in question?
The scriptures have actually showed us Jesus,why are we still sitting and staying with it when we are to go and meet Jesus for life.
According to the passage above,Jesus never calls His words scripture. So,you will be wrong by calling Jesus's words scriptures. He never calls Matthew,Mark,Luke and John scriptures.
Come to Jesus today,stop romancing the signpost. The best it can do is to show you Jesus,it can not give you life. Jesus is the only one that can give life. He is the way,the truth and the life. John 14:6.
After getting to the destination,pls do you still need the signpost? No,you don't need it any longer.
After leaving the signpost to come to Jesus.
31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32.
Jesus says believe in Him. Also continue to follow His teachings as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only. They are clear words of Jesus. Jesus teachings are not in all books of the bible. It can only be found in the gospels.
He also said,
I tell you the truth, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."
Mark 10:15.
2 He called a child, had him stand among them, 3 and said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn around and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven! 4 Whoever then humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matt 18:2-4
To follow Jesus,you receive His words as a little child.
Re: Scriptures Are Signposts by easterwick(m): 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Christ, the begining and the end thank you i have find my broda pls send me your number i want to hear your voice ds s mine 08060075530
u are a sheep with good heart christ save me from fire i got my self in wrong doctrine does dat called down fire on congregation and also pray ENEMY DIE BY FIRE thaught i where folown christ but by the love of God he took me to his son when my enemies where after me to death i receive his spirit when i cry to him and the truth came wen i disagree many epistle of paul imediatly my mind began double began to hear voices,sound,threaten frm my lodge i ran into a bush i was beaten by some group of christians soo many and end up in psychiatric where they say i hav schyzophrenia but the holy spirit keep warnn me of the drug is idol i pleaded am not mad but was force to receive the injection i die of wen i woke up i saw my slf in my father house were i hav been runing from and the holyspirit quenched were no longer communicatn to me too many thngs nw am in net of my adversary now trying to convert me to satan am alone,hated by all even my dad try to kill by secret he said to my step mother he has reported to paul and paul promise to gather the elder that the person [though he didnt point at me ]has sinister intension... why cus the holy spirit revive thrice when i continue reading the word expecially john and every body in my house will be uncomfortable i'll run frm them but outsider will bongled me back home and they will claim am mad am took me to pshychiatric hosptl soo intrigue that now i hav no secret place now the holy spirit instructed to abstain frm occultic signs idol foods and this are the things they always use n feedn me nw am wt my sister who is a christian but also into wrng doctrn and vow to thrown me out if i refuse to go to any church she wishes and i am runing frm churches cuz some black birds always feel excited n hatred frm some members while the dove always cry giving me warnings nw am in so much perplex n enduring even i hav be discourage by my mind that in all ds i might be lure to speak against my holy spirit which i pray pls broda gve me a call and also pray for me cus nw 666 whch s d numbr of man dey r tryn to lured me into but rather die than to take
Re: Scriptures Are Signposts by rexben(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
easterwick:
Christ, the begining and the end thank you i have find my broda pls send me your number i want to hear your voice ds s mine 08060075530
u are a sheep with good heart christ save me from fire i got my self in wrong doctrine does dat called down fire on congregation and also pray ENEMY DIE BY FIRE thaught i where folown christ but by the love of God he took me to his son when my enemies where after me to death i receive his spirit when i cry to him and the truth came wen i disagree many epistle of paul imediatly my mind began double began to hear voices,sound,threaten frm my lodge i ran into a bush i was beaten by some group of christians soo many and end up in psychiatric where they say i hav schyzophrenia but the holy spirit keep warnn me of the drug is idol i pleaded am not mad but was force to receive the injection i die of wen i woke up i saw my slf in my father house were i hav been runing from and the holyspirit quenched were no longer communicatn to me too many thngs nw am in net of my adversary now trying to convert me to satan am alone,hated by all even my dad try to kill by secret he said to my step mother he has reported to paul and paul promise to gather the elder that the person [though he didnt point at me ]has sinister intension... why cus the holy spirit revive thrice when i continue reading the word expecially john and every body in my house will be uncomfortable i'll run frm them but outsider will bongled me back home and they will claim am mad am took me to pshychiatric hosptl soo intrigue that now i hav no secret place now the holy spirit instructed to abstain frm occultic signs idol foods and this are the things they always use n feedn me nw am wt my sister who is a christian but also into wrng doctrn and vow to thrown me out if i refuse to go to any church she wishes and i am runing frm churches cuz some black birds always feel excited n hatred frm some members while the dove always cry giving me warnings nw am in so much perplex n enduring even i hav be discourage by my mind that in all ds i might be lure to speak against my holy spirit which i pray pls broda gve me a call and also pray for me cus nw 666 whch s d numbr of man dey r tryn to lured me into but rather die than to take
Whoa! The Holy Spirit will help you. 18 "I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you.
John 14:18.
Jesus never promised a smooth ride. He said
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; I do not give it to you as the world does. Do not let your hearts be distressed or lacking in courage.
John 14:27
I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble and suffering, but take courage - I have conquered the world."
John 16:33.
Have this in mind. The Holy Spirit will always be with you. He won't leave you.
Then I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever -
John 14:16.
Pls keep following Jesus. Continue in His teachings and you shall know the truth(Jesus) and the truth(Jesus) shall set you free. John 8:31-32. Follow His teachings as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only. The Holy Spirit is there to guide you into all truth and teach you all things.

1 Like

Re: Scriptures Are Signposts by rexben(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
1 "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens the door for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger's voice." 6 Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. 11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand, who is not a shepherd and does not own sheep, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and runs away. So the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 Because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep, he runs away. 14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd. ] This is why the Father loves me - because I lay down my life, so that I may take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of my own free will. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. This commandment I received from my Father."
John 10:1-18
His sheep will only follow Him(the shepherd). They won't follow a stranger,never. They are loyal and obedient to the end. The will follow His words,voice,teachings only as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Actually A Christian Ministry? / Ogechi Faustina Did Not Convet To Muslim(counter Thread) / Jesus Did Not Claim To Be God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.