Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android (565 Views)

How Phone Auto Prediction/correction Affects Your Life / Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update / How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On Android (working Method) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by gidimasters(m): 7:23am On Apr 04, 2016
Though having your text/words autocompleted by your android device is somehow great and useful but some correction can be quite irritating sometimes even when you don't feel like changing some words but it has already changed itself.

This post is written just to help in removing the autocorrect option
of your phone but not to initiate a "bad mouth" about the autocorrect option of your phone.

Here's what you have to do Turn Off Autocorrect on your Android Device:
1. Launch your Android's device settings menu.
2. Go to the "Language & input" Menu but in case your settings tab is divided into section and you can't find Language & Input, it's mostly found in the "Personal" section of your settings tab.
3. From the keyboards & input methods menu, Select "Google keyboard".
4. Tap the "Text correction" option and turn off the "Auto-correction"
toggle case.
5. You have successfully turned off autocorrection on your android device.

Note: when you've successfully turned this feature off, your phone will no longer correct typographical errors again which means you must always cross checked your typings and make the correction yourself.

Source: Gidimasters Blog
Re: How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by kingDELE(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2016
nice1
Re: How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by maxdozie(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
nice one...

Keep it up bro
Re: How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Thanks for this info. I was getting tired of the keyboard I was using. Always auto correcting.
Re: How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by Youngpo413: 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
Binchie:
Thanks for this info. I was getting tired of the keyboard I was using. Always auto correcting.
try and use SwiftKey, forget about that rubbish default Google keyboard.
Re: How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by gidimasters(m): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Youngpo413:
see dis one
Re: How To Turn Off Text Auto Correction On Android by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Youngpo413:
Thanks. I will

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Q10 For Sale (white) / Win A Wiko Mobile Rainbow Jam Smart Phone - Nigerian Bulletin / Tecno H5 Giving Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.