Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (244744 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by stanisbaratheon: 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
toprealman:
It took the death of a 10 year old victim to unveil the ritual killings by Otokoto and co in the early 90's. You could be the one to turn things around for good. Let's face it, $30K is not that bad for a foreign scholarship. The major issue is the way they administer it. Trust me, with better organisation, NDDC scholars will be smiling like others.
The only way we can fix the lapses in the country is when we become part of the system, feel the direct pain and think of a lasting solution.
It took a Rosa Park to put an end to black discrimination in the US.... at least to a reasonable extent. You could be the missing link in this struggle.....no bail out abeg.

That is the point, the administration of the said scheme is regretably saddled with the so-called administrators. I mean it's disheartening hearing what Niger Deltans are going through in foreign lands.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
@baressi22 oh...
Where you dey?

They have approved N197 to a dollar for Hajj.

I think you guys should wade in now & ask the embassy over there to intervene for you guys so that NDDC can buy dollars now. Hopefully they can give it to NDDC at this rate too....
Fingers crossed. *Pray* fam...

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Ogho74: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2016
Any news from NDDC?

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by abidat: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2016
Yes ooo, any news from nddc?

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
U.K. Announces Visa-Free Entry For Ugandans, Nigerians and other Commonwealth Countries

SHARES

AUGUST 7, 2016 0
visa
As Theresa May takes over as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, a new visa regulations have been written and this ruled out visa requirements for citizens of Commonwealth member countries.

As per this revision of the visa regulations, all citizens of Commonwealth nations of which Uganda, Nigeria is among no longer require visas when traveling to the UK for a period of six (6) months.

ALSO READ Backlash As Republican Presidential Candidate, Donald Trump Mocks Disabled Reporter Publicly
However, people wishing to stay for longer than six months are still required to obtain visas.

People traveling to take up courses longer than six months as well as those settling with their families are also required to obtain visas.

Business visitors are also eligible to travel without visas.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ceemac: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nuel1647, kindly come and break this silence ooo... When is NDDC contacting the next scholars?

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dneroomero: 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
Definitely we should be expecting sms this week..... But incase no sms after Friday 12th August, 2016, then i would need volunteers (maybe four (4) persons should be enough)...that would go with me to the NDDC Office to make an official Inquiry for the delay... If you would be interested, and you can come down to Port Harcourt to be part of the team, then drop me a PM on "dneroomero@gmail.com" let me call you for a meeting...

Hopefully, all-things-being-equal, this Week!

Cheers...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
king!!! please post a link here abeg...

emeroking:
U.K. Announces Visa-Free Entry For Ugandans, Nigerians and other Commonwealth Countries

SHARES

AUGUST 7, 2016 0
visa
As Theresa May takes over as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, a new visa regulations have been written and this ruled out visa requirements for citizens of Commonwealth member countries.

As per this revision of the visa regulations, all citizens of Commonwealth nations of which Uganda, Nigeria is among no longer require visas when traveling to the UK for a period of six (6) months.

ALSO READ Backlash As Republican Presidential Candidate, Donald Trump Mocks Disabled Reporter Publicly
However, people wishing to stay for longer than six months are still required to obtain visas.

People traveling to take up courses longer than six months as well as those settling with their families are also required to obtain visas.

Business visitors are also eligible to travel without visas.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ceemac: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
Dneroomero:
Definitely we should be expecting sms this week..... But incase no sms after Friday 12th August, 2016, [b]then i would need volunteers (maybe four (4) persons should be enough)...that would go with me to the NDDC Office to make an official Inquiry for the delay... [/b]If you would be interested, and you can come down to Port Harcourt to be part of the team, then drop me a PM on "dneroomero@gmail.com" let me call you for a meeting...

Cheers...

That's thoughtful of you! We need to know what's ongoing and structure our plans... We should get constant fillers on the scholarship..

Great insight Bro... God bless!
@Nuel1647... We are still waiting ooo
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 4:20am On Aug 09, 2016
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 4:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2016
Confam! Thanks man!
Again, this just proves how the UK being in the EU was bad for us.
Doors don dey open small small...
They are not an island and will open up.

But don't think that you can go to the UK & not come back because of this, don't play yourself.
You won't be able to work at all or rent a house for longer than 6 months. (there is now something called "right to rent"wink. You need a valid visa for it.
Land Lords will do the search on your "right to rent" before renting their place to you.
Cold dey. You no go fit sleep outside.
I sincerely hope that Nigerians don't abuse this opportunity!

emeroking:

http://howafrica.com/u-k-announces-visa-free-entry-ugandans-nigerians-commonwealth-countries/
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2016
Do you have proof that we would get texts this week or this is just you giving them ultimatum?
Why did you say we should get texts this week? Please tell us...

Dneroomero:
Definitely we should be expecting sms this week..... But incase no sms after Friday 12th August, 2016, then i would need volunteers (maybe four (4) persons should be enough)...that would go with me to the NDDC Office to make an official Inquiry for the delay... If you would be interested, and you can come down to Port Harcourt to be part of the team, then drop me a PM on "dneroomero@gmail.com" let me call you for a meeting...

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2016
It seems Ireland is the way to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
This wait has teyed oooo. Any update from NDDC wink
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Ugoerico(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
na2016:
This wait has teyed oooo. Any update from NDDC wink
last year came out by September 10th so I tink we shd be expecting same by September...last two years was abt the last day of August and 1st of September...so let's chill.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ugoerico:
last year came out by September 10th so I tink we shd be expecting same by September...last two years was abt the last day of August and 1st of September...so let's chill.
Lai Mohammed grin
Ugoerico:
Lai Mohammed
You could be right though.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Ugoerico(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
toprealman:
Lai Mohammed ;DLai Mohammed
You could be right though.
den if I'm right u are Shekrau cool
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ugoerico:
den if I'm right u are Shekrau cool
Haba malam....no be so nah. You na correct chairman!

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Ugoerico(m): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
toprealman:
Haba malam....no be so nah. You na correct chairman!
don't worry we go see for nddc briefing

6 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 4:26am On Aug 11, 2016
Ugoerico:
don't worry we go see for nddc briefing
Learnt the final list is ready....that it will be submitted next Tues. So worse case scenario, SMS to be sent by next weekend....... if the gist na true sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2016
toprealman:
Learnt the final list is ready....that it will be submitted next Tues. So worse case scenario, SMS to be sent by next weekend....... if the gist na true sha.

How true is this your info? No give people high BP ooooo. Give us the sauce oooooo tongue tongue
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Bomaate: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
Try York University
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
na2016:

How true is this your info? No give people high BP ooooo. Give us the sauce oooooo tongue tongue
Oga na so the person take talk am oooo.
I've conditioned my mind for a late August release......if it shows earlier.....na Baba, if later.... still Baba.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2016
I liiike nlanders.. The way everybody dey yan here dey give person hope like say na everybody them go give. I love that. Nlanders go get their own forum during the briefin oooo

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2016
If you belief, testimony awaits you.... Welcome to the week!! wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by networkrecharg: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please has the list been released... I cant wait

na2016:
If you belief, testimony awaits you.... Welcome to the week!! wink
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by networkrecharg: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
WHERE IS THE AWARD LIST PLEASE....
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by networkrecharg: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
I AM UK BOUND NOW...

I NEED TO GO STUDY AND RETURN TO MY NIGERIA. PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by truebenny: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dear CBN,
I write to inform you of my untold hardship in foreign land due to the inability of NDDC to pay our #NDDCScholars2015 allowances for 8 to 12 months now.
I personally resumed study in January 2016, while some other scholars resumed September 2015, but until now the commission has been unable to pay our upkeep allowances. This is majorly due to your (CBN) unstable and undue bureaucracy in making foreign payments, according to the commission mail.
Recently, precisely two weeks ago, the commission was able to complete the so-called complex and new process, and the payments are now domiciled with you (CBN). Why you have not made these payments is still a surprise.
How long will it take you to pay this money is still a mystery only known to you and your cabal or 'oga at the top'.
It may interest you to know how tough life has been to me (NDDCScholars2015) in foreign land. Maybe my situation will buttress the whole thing.
1. I was lucky initially to be given an accommodation on debt by my school for 23 weeks at £2232.73, hoping that I would pay within three weeks of my arrival in January 2016. In April, the school accommodation team issued me a threat of legal actions if I failed to pay up my debt within two weeks. It took the intervention of my course leader to prevent it.
2. The said accommodation contract expired July 3, 2016, without payment still and no where to pack to as no money to pay for a new accommodation. It took the quick intervention of my former course mate to pay £500 to the school before they agreed to extend my stay by two weeks, which expired on July 17, 2016. Where did I go from there?
3. It took the same mate to gift me #50,000 which yielded £100 due to your outrageous FOREX.
With this, I was able to plead with an agent to rent an apartment for two weeks from July 17, 2016, with the promise to pay the balance of £160 for administrative fee and deposit within a week. Just like many other unfulfilled promises I have made to others, this was not an exception.
4. It is exactly four weeks today Saturday, yet no solution at sight. On Thursday, I received a threat of legal actions if I refused to pay up an accumulated amount of £280 within 5 days. I still cannot see light at the end of the tunnel.
5. How I feed? Yes! I have been on one square meal since May 1, 2016 till date, borrowing money from my foreign and local course mates to survive. I now survive by sympathy from course mates. As I am typing this message, there is only £26 in my hand, nothing elsewhere.
6. All these while, NDDC has been promising that we would get our payment within two weeks since mid April till later May when it changed to soon. How soon it would be, is yet to be seen till now. All messages to NDDC MD were met with absolute silence.
7. In April, I got information that the #500,000 promised us for logistics was paid but I was not paid. When I asked, I was told that those paid submitted their local account details since last year, supposedly those that started September session, while mine is being processed to be paid soon. Yet nothing has come in.
8. As I was not from a wealthy family or political class family, to ensure that I utilized this opportunity to upgrade my academic potential for a better impact and future, I borrowed #1 million in two installments at 20% interest rate from a local money lender since banks refused me a student loan because of CBN policy. Since January till date, the said money has yielded 140% interest and is still counting. Out of this, I spent #500,000 for my Visa, medical insurance, TB test and flight ticket. The balance was able to sustain me till May, with my little savings of about #500,000 including friends cash gifts.
9. To add salt to injury, how could NDDC have paid our tuition fees since April without provision to pay our upkeep allowances together?

If CBN do not see reasons to expedite this payment domiciled with it after getting this message, I will have no option than to sue CBN and NDDC to the court of public opinion for judgement.

I am ready to provide every proof to buttress this message and claim at the appropriate time as I have nothing to protect again. I have been turned to a beggar in foreign land. I have lost focus of my study and developmental programs and targets, as such, the scheme is now almost worthless. I pray not to be deported, because I see another deadly NDA loading in me if the only valuable thing (my study) to me is dubiously denied me through these agencies. I have lost my job with which I catered for my siblings and single mum. I hope to finish my study (MSc) successfully, because anything on the contrary would be disastrous to me, Nigeria and the world in general as I am aware of the global village called the world. Not a threat but a real concern.
This is not a fabricated story as Nigerians are fond of believing lies than the truth (APC is a perfect example). This is my life story from the time I became NDDCSCHOLARS2015.
I do not expect your sympathy but your actions.

Thank you for acting swiftly to save my situation in particular.

#COPIED
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Ugoerico(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
truebenny:
Dear CBN,
I write to inform you of my untold hardship in foreign land due to the inability of NDDC to pay our #NDDCScholars2015 allowances for 8 to 12 months now.
I personally resumed study in January 2016, while some other scholars resumed September 2015, but until now the commission has been unable to pay our upkeep allowances. This is majorly due to your (CBN) unstable and undue bureaucracy in making foreign payments, according to the commission mail.
Recently, precisely two weeks ago, the commission was able to complete the so-called complex and new process, and the payments are now domiciled with you (CBN). Why you have not made these payments is still a surprise.
How long will it take you to pay this money is still a mystery only known to you and your cabal or 'oga at the top'.
It may interest you to know how tough life has been to me (NDDCScholars2015) in foreign land. Maybe my situation will buttress the whole thing.
1. I was lucky initially to be given an accommodation on debt by my school for 23 weeks at £2232.73, hoping that I would pay within three weeks of my arrival in January 2016. In April, the school accommodation team issued me a threat of legal actions if I failed to pay up my debt within two weeks. It took the intervention of my course leader to prevent it.
2. The said accommodation contract expired July 3, 2016, without payment still and no where to pack to as no money to pay for a new accommodation. It took the quick intervention of my former course mate to pay £500 to the school before they agreed to extend my stay by two weeks, which expired on July 17, 2016. Where did I go from there?
3. It took the same mate to gift me #50,000 which yielded £100 due to your outrageous FOREX.
With this, I was able to plead with an agent to rent an apartment for two weeks from July 17, 2016, with the promise to pay the balance of £160 for administrative fee and deposit within a week. Just like many other unfulfilled promises I have made to others, this was not an exception.
4. It is exactly four weeks today Saturday, yet no solution at sight. On Thursday, I received a threat of legal actions if I refused to pay up an accumulated amount of £280 within 5 days. I still cannot see light at the end of the tunnel.
5. How I feed? Yes! I have been on one square meal since May 1, 2016 till date, borrowing money from my foreign and local course mates to survive. I now survive by sympathy from course mates. As I am typing this message, there is only £26 in my hand, nothing elsewhere.
6. All these while, NDDC has been promising that we would get our payment within two weeks since mid April till later May when it changed to soon. How soon it would be, is yet to be seen till now. All messages to NDDC MD were met with absolute silence.
7. In April, I got information that the #500,000 promised us for logistics was paid but I was not paid. When I asked, I was told that those paid submitted their local account details since last year, supposedly those that started September session, while mine is being processed to be paid soon. Yet nothing has come in.
8. As I was not from a wealthy family or political class family, to ensure that I utilized this opportunity to upgrade my academic potential for a better impact and future, I borrowed #1 million in two installments at 20% interest rate from a local money lender since banks refused me a student loan because of CBN policy. Since January till date, the said money has yielded 140% interest and is still counting. Out of this, I spent #500,000 for my Visa, medical insurance, TB test and flight ticket. The balance was able to sustain me till May, with my little savings of about #500,000 including friends cash gifts.
9. To add salt to injury, how could NDDC have paid our tuition fees since April without provision to pay our upkeep allowances together?

If CBN do not see reasons to expedite this payment domiciled with it after getting this message, I will have no option than to sue CBN and NDDC to the court of public opinion for judgement.

I am ready to provide every proof to buttress this message and claim at the appropriate time as I have nothing to protect again. I have been turned to a beggar in foreign land. I have lost focus of my study and developmental programs and targets, as such, the scheme is now almost worthless. I pray not to be deported, because I see another deadly NDA loading in me if the only valuable thing (my study) to me is dubiously denied me through these agencies. I have lost my job with which I catered for my siblings and single mum. I hope to finish my study (MSc) successfully, because anything on the contrary would be disastrous to me, Nigeria and the world in general as I am aware of the global village called the world. Not a threat but a real concern.
This is not a fabricated story as Nigerians are fond of believing lies than the truth (APC is a perfect example). This is my life story from the time I became NDDCSCHOLARS2015.
I do not expect your sympathy but your actions.

Thank you for acting swiftly to save my situation in particular.

#COPIED
dear it is quite unfortunate dat our govmnt now handles everythg in Nigeria with corruption and negative politics. but let me ask you why are u not working? because it is an obvious lifeline,or didn't want to include dat in ur story...work my dear and help ur sef.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by obiakorEmmanuel(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Injury to one is injury to all, this can happen to anybody.Please i want to start a twitter war against the FG and NDDC because it is the only way our voice can be heard. Join the fight against untold hardship our reckless govt and leaders make us to suffer, your voice/tweet can bring back sanity to the system. Tweet your views and #NDDC2015SCHOLARS

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.