Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (245248 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by barrokey: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Yes
fecasj:
Pls, did they interview anybody with law background? Your reply will be of great help. Thank you.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 9:20am On Jul 20, 2016
That moment when every text message alert makes your heart beat A BIT faster. NDDC una well done angry!!!

8 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by hotboss: 11:58am On Jul 20, 2016
pls any update?

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by abrahujaa(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
toprealman:
That moment when every text message alert makes your heart beat A BIT faster. NDDC una well done angry!!!
As in ehh. No be small thin. Oooo
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by DorcasOmowole: 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
For the NDDC scholarship, what if you want to go for an alternate programme different from the offer submitted during the interview. Is this possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
PLIX! EDAKUN!
We the 9jeriya student need EPP...
Lol...

Mehn!!! I can't wait to collect my letter by God's grace.
I can't wait to resume in skul.

Any updates people?? My heart is beating over here...

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
DorcasOmowole:
For the NDDC scholarship, what if you want to go for an alternate programme different from the offer submitted during the interview. Is this possible.

Yes, its very possible. Just get the award first and ensure your alternative offer letter is with you.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Ugoerico(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
why will it be now that Buhari will change the MD of NDDC, well,farewell Mrs Ibim..
.award letter delay and manipulations activated!

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by stepo707: 5:11am On Jul 21, 2016
Except she rushes and announces the names today, the new guys takes over nd manipulated the list again.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by abidat: 5:56am On Jul 22, 2016
Please has anyone got news regarding the way forward?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 22, 2016
The silence is deafening...
We just taya.
If you have some money better to start your process by yourself my dear.
abidat:
Please has anyone got news regarding the way forward?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2016
No delay activated biko!
Mrs. Ibim was supposed to act for only 6 months but as usual, the new person's coming in was delayed.
She even overstayed.

Ugoerico:
why will it be now that Buhari will change the MD of NDDC, well,farewell Mrs Ibim..
.award letter delay and manipulations activated!
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by oyibo99(m): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2016
Please someone should kindly forward the past question of nddc, ptdf or any scholarship body's past question... To peace9917@yahoo.com... I will be eternally grateful....thanks alot.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2016
There is nothing like "past question of nddc"my dear.
This thing changes every year.
I wrote last year & this year, both dimensions were totally different.
Go & study general questions on your Bsc area & you proposed Msc or Phd area. Also study current affairs just in case. This is the best advice I can give you.
You just have to cast the net wide...
oyibo99:
Please someone should kindly forward the past question of nddc, ptdf or any scholarship body's past question... To peace9917@yahoo.com... I will be eternally grateful....thanks alot.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by hotboss: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
we continue to pray our name be there...in jesus Amen....full of positive expectations..

5 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
Let's all be calm, expectant and pray that the list is not kept till September when the new MD and chairman will take over.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by abidat: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
na2016:
Let's all be calm, expectant and pray that the list is not kept till September when the new MD and chairman will take over.

Is it even possible to keep the list till September ?

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
Oboy see tension. I just dey rush my phone any time wey message alert enter. nddc, Abeg release this thing. People are waiting.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
abidat:

@abidat, aren't you in Nigeria? Anything is possible...
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
My school calls me almost every week.
They called me today & sent 2 emails
Na God hand man pikin dey now...

Meanwhile, NDDC no dey list of eligible sponsors oh UK students...
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
The answer can be found in 2015 thread tongue
cc:baresi22
abidat:

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by baresi22: 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
geobukky:
The answer can be found in 2015 thread tongue
cc:baresi22

Geobukky hi,I trust u made it to the next stage...I keep praying for you and others.For nddc,anything is possible unless you are referring to a 'new' nddc.We got our award letter on 18th september,2015.However,it was actually signed in july,2015 which shows that their six months 'window period' takes effect from july.I advice that you move on with life.I literally left my success text message for over 30minutes on that day...It will come when it will come...

UK schools will keep calling you until everything is settled.This will be worse now because most Nigerians cant afford their tuition any longer.This is as a result of the dramatic fall of the naira to GBP.Hence,their Nigerian market has reduced considerably and they will tend to disturb the folks that apply to their schools now.

I can see most are optimistic and in high spirits.I wish u guys all the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
Dear Baresi22,

Are you saying that they did not give you the 500k for visa & transport? Ah Ah...
How unu dey survive oh?
Pls did your school give you the balance of the $30k after deducting school fees amount?
baresi22:

This is true.I said I will say this later in order not to discourage folks from giving in their best in the process.It is very disheartening to send young minds to a foreign land on a 'supposed' scholarship without giving them a dime for visa application,flight or even money for winter jacket!These are people that you want them to do their best,make good grades and develop the region.A good number of these scholars are lecturers in various universities in the region whose contribution has been great over the years.More painful is the fact that they know that most of these scholars are either from indigent or average homes.The highest act of insensitivity is that they have been saying that they will give us the living expenses 'soon' since over four months.What they did was to pay tuition fees.Abeg,na tuition fee receipt we go chop or use to pay bills? angry

Now,they want others to suffer same thing.Frankly,I do not wish any of you guys to pass through what we have passed through,that is why some of us have written to the media houses countless times.However,it baffles me that it does not really get the publicity that it needs.Maybe the problem in Nigeria is far worse or their is a conspiracy against it gaining the much needed publicity.Having said that,I will advice that the eventual scholars should brace up for the challenge by arriving here with at least a thousand pounds so that life wont be overly miserable for you here.

We chose pen over gun and we were left in the lurch and treated with immense disdain.Aside God,what has kept us has been our collective will to overcome in spite of these difficulties and inhumane treatment from our supposed sponsors...This has been the untold story of 2015 NDDC scholars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
God bless you plenty
baresi22:

Geobukky hi,I trust u made it to the next stage...I keep praying for you and others.For nddc,anything is possible unless you are referring to a 'new' nddc.We got our award letter on 18th september,2015.However,it was actually signed in july,2015 which shows that their six months 'window period' takes effect from july.I advice that you move on with life.I literally left my success text message for over 30minutes on that day...It will come when it will come...

UK schools will keep calling you until everything is settled.This will be worse now because most Nigerians cant afford their tuition any longer.This is as a result of the dramatic fall of the naira to GBP.Hence,their Nigerian market has reduced considerably and they will tend to disturb the folks that apply to their schools now.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by NairaSea23: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
baresi22:

@baresi22
Nice info and thanks for your prayers. Pls kindly advise me on what to do. I applied to a US school and due to my resumption date and US visa wahala, I applied for my visa quite early and I've gotten it. I've also booked for my flight for mid August. Now the question is if finally i get the scholarship when am already in the States, How do I process's it? Are there any paper works to be done after the issuance of award letter? Can a proxy pick my award letter or I've to be there in person? Base on what u said (award letters were sign in july), I believe the letters are ready by now or will soon be, if so, is there anyway one can find out if he's successful? Lastly what do you do after you got your award letter. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
@ baresi, do u hav an idea the number of scholars for 2015 batch
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
200+
emeroking:
@ baresi, do u hav an idea the number of scholars for 2015 batch

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by exboy06: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
@Nairad
NairaSea23:

@baresi22
Nice info and thanks for your prayers. Pls kindly advise me on what to do. I applied to a US school and due to my resumption date and US visa wahala, I applied for my visa quite early and I've gotten it. I've also booked for my flight for mid August. Now the question is if finally i get the scholarship when am already in the States, How do I process's it? Are there any paper works to be done after the issuance of award letter? Can a proxy pick my award letter or I've to be there in person? Base on what u said (award letters were sign in july), I believe the letters are ready by now or will soon be, if so, is there anyway one can find out if he's successful? Lastly what do you do after you got your award letter. Thanks
[quote author=NairaSea23 post=47820854]
@baresi22
Nice info and thanks for your prayers. Pls kindly advise me on what to do. I applied to a US school and due to my resumption date and US visa wahala, I applied for my visa quite early and I've gotten it. I've also booked for my flight for mid August. Now the question is if finally i get the scholarship when am already in the States, How do I process's it? Are there any paper works to be done after the issuance of award letter? Can a proxy pick my award letter or I've to be there in person? Base on what u said (award letters were sign in july), I believe the letters are ready by now or will soon be, if so, is there anyway one can find out if he's successful? Lastly what do you do after you got your award letter. Thanks[/quote

Please @Nairaseal23 or Geobukky. If any of you is the person going to the US. Please mail me on aerospaceproffessor@gmail.com. Thank you

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by baresi22: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
saouri:
Dear Baresi22,

Are you saying that they did not give you the 500k for visa & transport? Ah Ah...
How unu dey survive oh?
Pls did your school give you the balance of the $30k after deducting school fees amount?

Good evening,...@saouri the 500k was paid around 2months ago.However,some scholars are yet to be paid.You send your school's tuition amount and account details to NDDC,then,they pay the balance(If any) into your private foreign account.That is actually what most of us have been waiting for.The supposedly living expenses.In terms of survival,the maximum to work as a student is 20hours per week for term time..If you work 80hours(most times u cant cos of loads of coursework) in a month times min. wage of 7.2pounds per hour,dat is 576pounds .Rent in less expensive cities is about 240pounds with bills...Remaining 336pounds for transport,feeding,airtime,Clubbing grin etc.Not forgetting 'wahala' from loved ones back home cheesy...Am not trying to scare anybody but that is just the reality.I just wish they can review the scholarship for you guys.Pay all the fees and give scholars at least 1k pounds monthly so that they can learn in peace. @ nairrasea congrats on your visa.I advice you make as much friends as possible who are waiting for the success text too.I told one of my friends that was already in abroad when I heard the person's name on the briefing day.Certainly there are paper works to be done.I do not think anything can stop the scholarship unless you restrain from following it up..

@emeroking,the total was 220(both MSC and PHD).Meanwhile,I do not know the actual figure for each.Having said that,I believe over 70percent went to MSC...Guess I had answered all....

5 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Thanks baresi, but I guess less than 2000 candidates were interviewed anyway right?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please those going to UK to be more specific Manchester, can we keep in contact this is my email emeroking4kiss@yahoo.com thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.