Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

#PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki (23869 Views)

Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / Buhari Not Keen On Asset Sale, For Soludo, It Will Be A Historic Mistake / False Assets Declaration: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Just 4 Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by babanett: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Saraki : I've Fully Complied with Law on Asset Declaration 

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki today said he has fully complied with the provisions of the law on declaration of assets by public officers. 

In a reaction to the claim contained in the Panama-based offshore provider, Mossack Fonseca and shared by the International Consortium of Investigation Journalists (ICIJ) that he failed to declare assets belonging to his wife, Mrs Toyin Saraki, in secret offshore territories, Saraki said he has in his different asset declarations included properties owned individually by himself and his wife.

The property in question forms part of Dr. Saraki's wife's family asset. It is public knowledge that Mrs. Saraki comes from a family of independent means and wealth with numerous and varied assets acquired over decades in family estates and investments. 

"Furthermore, the law only requires a public officer to declare both his own assets and those held by his spouse and his children under 18 years of age. The law does not require a public officer to declare assets held by the spouse's family. 

"It is not expected by the law that a public officer should declare such assets held in the spouse's family estate. Indeed, the Code of Conduct form does not make provision for declaration of spouse's family assets", he stated.

End

Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to Senate President
https://mobile.facebook.com/bukola.saraki/posts/10154176605069962?_rdr
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by JustJosh20(m): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Buhari supporters have turned themselves
into Motivational speakers while some have
turned to prayer warriors.
All you hear them say these days are :
‘Though it tarries, it shall surely come to past'
'Good things comes to those who wait',
'the patient dog eats the fattest bone',
"there is light at the end of the tunnel' ,
"the lord will see his children through' , ati be
be lo
Comedians!!! "- Michael Ose George-
Ukhuegbe
Me: one even told us to pls fast and pray for
him, fast ke, all the fasting he's been getting
since 2003 Wetin Do them?
An analogy of the quest for power by a friend:
this man at the top is likened to a baby, or a
child requesting, asking for a toy, crying and
weeping for days on end as he'd campaigned
for 12 yrs looking for the opportunity to
become president.
But like a child asking for a toy and
eventually receiving it, he plays with it a while,
but given 10-15 or 20 mins, he falls asleep,
with the toy in his hands. That's the tragedy
that's befallen Nigerians. Buhari has gone to
sleep with the power entrusted with him. Sad
but true!

meanwhile... i am FTC

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
Watery defence...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Fmartin(m): 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
Den y ar u tryin to evade trial Lubbish

11 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by PMBisaterrorist(f): 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Watery defence...
saraki the nightmare of ubani ogbonna

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by yarimo(m): 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
He he he ki ki ka ka ka qwe qwe qwe laughing like a daura man Somebody they fear, saraki just let the judge do his work

5 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Flexherbal(m): 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
We will know that after your trial.

2 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Tunami(m): 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
wailers keep on supporting saraki while the zombies are supporting the CCB.

3 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by seyema(m): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
You jus wan to escape this trial which is impossible

5 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by bedspread: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
Ok! [i][/i]Waiting for your verdict before i talk

1 Like

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by emerged01(m): 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hmmm
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Oghenekelome: 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
I no trust Saraki ooo

3 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2016

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Ridwan123(m): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
Ok
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Helkayklassic(m): 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Ok
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by ruggedboy01: 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Gladly watching how all this drama go end angry sad
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by zimoni(f): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shattap Ole Jatijati.

Na Jail Sure Pass For You.

Jonathan(The Hero) will be smiling somewhere sipping his Oju-Ina Ogogoro.

This Film Too Sweet, I Laik Ammmmmm(in Dr Kobo's voice).

I Just Dey Laugh.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by gen2briz(m): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hope say you still remember say fuel no dey
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by readone99(m): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
Saraki should face the law and prove his innocence...if he is found guilty then he should be punished to serve as a deterrent to others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Helkayklassic(m): 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
If there is an award for spokesperson of the year, the award should go to either Saraki's or Fayose's spokesperson. Those guys don talk this year.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by thefakestan: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Tired of the CCB drama.

Need smth new.

ThefakeStan
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by LucasOmoni(f): 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
ollah1:
You guys need to read #panamapaper in full details. Many top dogs all over the world are involved. Scam everywhere

It's an eye opener o swear

1 Like

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by dew24(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
sir i'm a prophet and believe me when i say you are jail bound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Jediel1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
God don catch am

1 Like

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Newbiee: 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fh
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Pavore9: 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Time reveals the truth.
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Marley01(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
How much is Nasco biscuit now?
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by mujahib6199(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
chaiiiiii! Nigeria....
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by stinggy(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
Bye Dr Saraki, I don't see you swimming out of this. You are required under law to declare all assets owned by you and your dependants, this you did erronously twice. So you have no case.
PDP will soon take over the Senate. It's only a matter of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
LucasOmoni:

It's an eye opener o swear

Big one. I've been on it for sometime now. Bookmarked the pages sef
Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Integrityfarms(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
What does APC really want from Saraki??
Stepping down as Senate president? A mission impossible!

3 Likes

Re: #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
this kind travelling president, this kind thief thief senate president, this kind lying politicians, Na wa o. naija enjoy one chance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hauwa Lemen Death: Dankwambo, Toyin Saraki, Bukola Saraki, Mimiko React / Customs Reduces Exchange Rate For Import Duties Payment / FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.