Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina (34557 Views)

5 NYSC Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina / Corper Brutalized By The Police In Katsina, His Pastor Flogged (Photos) / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Arisheloaded(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kudos brother. God bless your efforts!
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by micky2004: 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
You really tried brother,but pls don't, trust them & believe they appreciate what you did if there is riot u are d 1st person they will attack,I know b,cos I am talking 4rm experience,I live among them b4 & I know how barbaric they are,so b very careful my brother.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by ebrahyym(m): 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:
Northern schools are nothing to write home about.. I did my secondary school in Kano... although I received quality education simply because its a private school. But I can tell you the government schools in the north is so so bad.. pupils sit on the floor, the schools are dilapidated .. the pupils come to school anytime they like... SMH.. those in the north will understand what I'm saying ... ko ba haka ba ne?? undecided
Ehhn.....hakane, thou as that guy explain, I'll ask the same thng 'what brought dis post here'. I also served in south batch c 2014, nd the situation s almost the same with some of the schools here in Kano. the worst of it is that the stdnts can't even understnd English, and re asking me to explain to them in their local language

fulanimafia:

What exactly is the purpose of this comment? Is it news that our educational infrastructure nationwide is inadequate? I served in the south as well and it's the same story with most government institutions, what we need to profer are solutions instead.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by cybriz82(m): 12:13am On Apr 06, 2016
The corper dn get job nw?
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by osarce91: 3:11am On Apr 06, 2016
good one bro
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nealo(f): 4:05am On Apr 06, 2016
CaptainECole:
Northern schools are nothing to write home about.. I did my secondary school in Kano... although I received quality education simply because its a private school. But I can tell you the government schools in the north is so so bad.. pupils sit on the floor, the schools are dilapidated .. the pupils come to school anytime they like... SMH.. those in the north will understand what I'm saying ... ko ba haka ba ne?? undecided
haka ne!
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by oluamid(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2016
CaptainECole:

Haka ne.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Walexz02(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2016
korlahwarleh:
pic 14: my students taking a group picture

pic 15: with my fellow corp members that made the whole thing possible
Wao! Nice to hear they won The competition..
Some people are dump by banishing schools and those who schooled in north . I graduated from that school in 2008. And today I have graduated as the best student from my department as ND and HND student.
Nice to hear from my school again
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by tonyobj(m): 7:30am On Apr 06, 2016
I also served in GDSS Natsinta barracks on Jibya road years ago. The students there were unruly and unwilling to learn anything. Even their permanent teachers were afraid of them. They were quite overage too to be in secondary school. Imagine a 22yr old graduate teaching his/her age mates still in SS1, 2 & 3.

This is a laudable project you have embarked on and I hope the school and students would appreciate it.

Brings back good memories too, with evening hangouts in mami market and friday tombola at the officers mess. Do they still sell wapa yoghurt in town? Some nights, the CO and adjutant would drive us into Niger republic to drink beer because it was the only place around to get very cold beer.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2016
korlahwarleh:
Good morning house. I am a corp member serving in Katsina. I will be rounding up my service here in Katsina State on the 14th of april. I serve at a Government owned school in Katsina State (Government Day Secondary School, 35 battalion barracks, Natsinta, Katsina) with State code no KT/15A/1141.I enjoy working with my co-teachers, teaching and interacting with my students.

35 Batallion in Jibiya? I also serve in katsina, GGSS jibiya.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by MSBPUMPIN(m): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2016
banme1:
Corper u are wasting ur precious time with almajiris. Teach them how to move about with cows raping and destroying anything along their path. That's what they are good at.

They are not almajiris na, Almajiris don't go to school at all. All dey do is to wander abt wit the only asset dey av Wch is their bowl.

Wat I personally noticed in ds north, because am currently serving in kano, is dt English language is somewhat a vernacular. D students are good but communicating in English is d big problem. Imagine some students doing IJMB around came to our lodge dt dey want to know hw to speak in English, I av to start from one letter, two letter words.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Alamin28(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2016
Mr korlahwarleh, am glad the legacy of achievements reignited during our batch A B C 2010/2011 has continued, I was NCCF papa at 35 battalion Nigerian Army Natsinta, Katsina under jibia local government katsina... I served at the HQ under CO... Col E I Etuka as a batch c corper then, me and my friends reopened the computer center close to the library, we barrack corpers built that mini busstop you would see at the main gate in 2011. Am glad you imbibed more knowledge on this kids at barracks especially mathematics I remember my friend had to toast them to learn mathematics and English at the public school he had to teach in hausa at times they were in love with farm and business ... KEEP IT UP, you will get recongnised and encourage your friends too... that barracks helped corpers a lot during 2011 elections amidst voilence and caucus... I had 9 unknown corpers in my room them from diff LGs... 35 battalion did well . pls continue to give back to them... Under the sun or in the rain... kudos.. I hope you enjoying the weather too
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 06, 2016
Rajosh:
yeah this is very true. I was born and brought up in kano so I can attest to this. After I graduated, I taught In a secondary school before going for Service. this is a private school with 98% of students from very rich homes. some of these kids are very brilliant but English is a very big problem to them.
seems your brother is Samson anawo
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Alamin28(m): 8:54am On Apr 06, 2016
tonyobj:
I also served in GDSS Natsinta barracks on Jibya road years ago. The students there were unruly and unwilling to learn anything. Even their permanent teachers were afraid of them. They were quite overage too to be in secondary school. Imagine a 22yr old graduate teaching his/her age mates still in SS1, 2 & 3.

This is a laudable project you have embarked on and I hope the school and students would appreciate it.

Brings back good memories too, with evening hangouts in mami market and friday tombola at the officers mess. Do they still sell wapa yoghurt in town? Some nights, the CO and adjutant would drive us into Niger republic to drink beer because it was the only place around to get very cold beer.
... what year u serve.. I was 2010/2011
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by yak(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2016
CaptainECole:

bros no b only North. Am from the east and schooled dere too, served in d west, av worked in d North and currently working in d west. there is massive infrastuctural deficit. I av tot 127 students inside one classroom. no tables nor chairs. many were hanging by d window and I was teaching mathematics
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by abdulkayus(m): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2016
CaptainECole:

Guy, not just in kano alone, it is thr same everywhere in the nation. It is just some are worse than the others. And there are standard government school in kano that can beat many so called posh private schools hands down. Schools like Day science, Government secondary school Dawankin tofa, Governor's college and many others. Especially those science based school, the kano state government paid more attention to them.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rajosh(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2016
this is the kind of corp members we need not all those sex starved hungry wolves seeking for little girls to devour.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rajosh(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
CaptainECole:
seems your brother is Samson anawo
Yes Captain Cole
Samson is my younger brother. how did u know This is a really small world.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
Rajosh:
Yes Captain Cole
Samson is my younger brother. how did u know This is a really small world.
lol.. I saw the resemblance and your twitter handle further consolidated my assumption. Samson was my schoolmate back in Abbas in Kano
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rajosh(m): 10:04am On Apr 12, 2016
CaptainECole:
lol.. I saw the resemblance and your twitter handle further consolidated my assumption. Samson was my schoolmate back in Abbas in Kano
alright. I thought as much
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rajosh(m): 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
amokeme:
what's the name of the sch?
Mazaf Science Academy at Gwammaja. it's quiet new sha
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by amokeme(f): 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
Rajosh:
Mazaf Science Academy at Gwammaja. it's quiet new sha
oh, ok... I attended FGC daura, JSS 1-3 tho
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rajosh(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
oh, ok... I attended FGC daura, JSS 1-3 tho
I have a that finished from there. can't remember the year though
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by korlahwarleh: 11:39pm On May 23, 2016
I was also voted the most hardworking Corp member in the barracks. Serving in Katsina State was splendid

pix of the award ceremony.
*Award being presented by the Doctor of the Battalion Clinic at the officers' Mess

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rukkkkky(f): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2017
u've try. I served in katsina state too, funtua LG. my ppa was worst, students sitting on the floor to receive lectures, students not having pen, book. only God can help them cos their principals, teachers ain't helping matters too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos) / Processional March For The Female Corper That Died At NYSC Camp In Kano / NYSC C14 ABIA State..lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.