Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,303 members, 7,864,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Stop The Senseless Killings Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop The Senseless Killings Now (637 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi / The Senseless Evasion Of The Nigeria Equation - Abu Bialaal Abdulrazaq Bn Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Senseless Killings Now by lipuka(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2009
The sectarian fighting in Northen Nigeria is an embarrassment to the great nation.

Nigerians have enough problems right now, and any kind of fighting will not help. It will 0mly add to tensions and any efforts to improve the standards of the Nigerian poor.

I am sure there are many who still remember the Biafra war, and would not like to be sent back to that era. What will happen, if the Christians in the South decide to retaliate?

Those who are financing the youths must be held responsible and punished. They should not be allowed to get away with it.

These killings are nothing but genocide and should be handled in the same manner as in Liberia, Rwanda and Kenya.

Please stop these senseless killings now before it is too late.
Re: Stop The Senseless Killings Now by nex(m): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2009
Muslims in the North are being killed by Soldiers and Police who themselves are mostly muslims from the north. The massive death toll is to act as deterrence so that they don't think there will be any leniency on that kind of matter anymore. I have always advocated that people involved in Religious and Tribal violence should face quick death.

I don't see anything that Southerners should react to. Unless they are the contractors that built the mosques which are being pulled down by the military. Aside from that, I see nothing for us to react to.
Re: Stop The Senseless Killings Now by Phemour: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2009
They really need to stop it coz i must go to school angry

(1) (Reply)

Migeria Rebrand Or People Rebrand / Lagos Orders Companies To Remove 10% Tax From Landlord’s Rent / Little ‘obama’ Emerges Best Debater In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.