Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Segun Abraham: My Gov. Aspiration Is Hinged On Integrity, Compassion & Godliness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Abraham: My Gov. Aspiration Is Hinged On Integrity, Compassion & Godliness (878 Views)

Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo / "Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Segun Abraham: My Gov. Aspiration Is Hinged On Integrity, Compassion & Godliness by Finekunlex(f): 9:03am On Apr 05, 2016
An All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial aspirant in the forthcoming governorship election in Ondo state, Dr. Olusegun Abraham, has ruled out mere personal ambition as one the reasons why he is in the race to govern his people in Ondo state, underlying the role of selfless service in ridding the state of corrupt governance, and making it great again.

He stressed this point during the local government familiarization tour he had in some parts of the state recently.

Olusegun Abraham, popularly referred to as “O’Abraham” amongst the Ondo populace, has been a staunch critic of the awful level of governance that has beaten the great state of Ondo and her citizens into a pulp of poverty and economic retrogression.

While interacting with the leaders and members of his party during the familiariazation tour of Ile-Oluji, Abraham spoke assuredly about his selfless intention to govern the state and lead his people into wholesome development and greatness by employing his vast managerial experience alongside the values of integrity and most importantly, godliness.

“I don’t need to lie to you my people. My promise of better governance is beyond a promise, it is my practice. I’ve always been practically passionate about the growth of this state, and the general wellbeing of my dear Ondo people. It hurts me to see us wallow in poverty, it is even strange to our culture”, Abraham said.

DSC_2255 My gubernatorial aspiration is hinged on integrity, compassion and godliness - Olusegun Abraham Politics

He added, “All my life, I’ve been privileged to master the values of integrity, compassion, and godliness in both my professional and personal dealings. This has been pivotal in my relationship with Ondo state and all her people for years, and this is what this present gubernatorial mandate I have accepted is founded upon”.

The rousing reception he received during his local government tour of Ile-Oluji, Oke-igbo, Mobolorunduro and Ikare, in all attested to Olusegun Abraham’s longstanding relationship of love and service with the people. Apart from the many academic scholarships, both local and foreign, that most of them and their wards have enjoyed for years courtesy of Olusegun Abraham, the experienced engineer and industrialist has deliberately worked pro Bono for Ondo state in any capacity he has been called upon to oversee.

An elder statesman and APC party chieftain in the state, Chief Noah Olorunsola Adesoji, didn’t mince words while leading his people at Ile-Oluji to express confidence in Abraham’s ability to lead Ondo with integrity and use his experience to lift the state out of a dormancy among the comity of states in Nigeria

“We welcome you with open arms. Your antecedents as a loyal party man and compassionate leader already speaks for you. Ondo state needs people with your kind of experience and clout at the helm of affairs to make life better for our people”, Adesoji said.

Reiterating Chief Adesoji, another respected elder in the state, Chief Nathaniel Fapohunda, lauded Olusegun Abraham’s loyal service to the development of Ondo state while they warmly received him at Oke-igbo. “We are loyal progressives here in Oke-igbo, and Abraham has been one of us. Ondo needs to just get better, get moving, and this man’s experience fits for that task. We are ready to support you with hopes that Oke-igbo and this state as a whole gets better”.

At Mobolorunduro, ONDO East Local government area, the group of people and party faithful who received him corroborated Olusegun Abraham’s point about the urgent need for a godly leadership in the state, as they blamed their poor situation of the state on years of mismanagement and sheer greed by the present leadership. Abraham went on to assure them that the state and it’s people need not suffer further, and that the state is blessed enough to create wealth for all and sundry, stressing the need apply the same values his mandate is all about.

“Ondo state is blessed with so much natural resources. It hurts to see that we still reel in this pool of poverty. For us to maximize our resources and develop, apart from the experience and know-how, we need leaders who are God-fearing and compassionate about the people and not their pockets. And, this is all I bring to the table as touching this aspiration”, Abraham said endearingly.

Olusegun Abraham is a trained and experienced mechanical engineer with a Masters degree in technology management, as well as several international trainings with notable institutions and organisations; among which are Tyndale University College and Seminary, Canada, Institute of Directors, UK (Dynamics of Negotiations), UNIDO (Joint Venture Industrialization), Ingersoll-Rand, UK (International Business Management), Lagos Business School (Chief Executive Program), Institute of Advanced Technology and Management (Leadership through Innovation).

He describes himself as a consummate politician and experienced industrialist who is compassionately committed to the welfare of all the people of Ondo state, especially the poor.

Re: Segun Abraham: My Gov. Aspiration Is Hinged On Integrity, Compassion & Godliness by TlekeA(f): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmmn. ....for my state, this Olusegun Abraham abi Segun Abraham dey ta sansan well oh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani- Kayode : The Butchers & The Butchered / Baraje Warns APC Leaders, Threatens To Quit Party / When Will The Following Persons Accompany Buhari Or Visit USA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.