Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month (31678 Views)

Buhari's Govt. Is Rotten - Fayose, Says FG Plans To Release Fresh 'Chibok Girls' / Fuel Price To Increase As Landing Cost Soars To N213 Per Litre / NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by mile12crises: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nigerians might have to pay more for petrol in the days ahead, as the Federal Government, Tuesday, disclosed that it would undertake the review of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) also known as petrol, in the month of May.

This was even as the Acting Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), Mrs. Sotonye Iyoyo, called on the Federal Government to undertake the automation of PPPRA Operations for improved efficiency and transparency and also develop a pricing framework to encourage local refining and discourage importation of petroleum products in the long term.

Speaking during a visit to the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) in Abuja, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu, also stated that the present fuel crisis witnessed across the country would end in Lagos and Abuja by Thursday, while it would end in other states of the country by the end of the week.

Kachikwu also stated as part of a long term strategy to eliminating fuel scarcity, especially with the issue of sourcing scarce foreign exchange, the Federal Government is considering the privatisation of the petroleum industry, whereby operators would be allowed to source for funding and run the industry, while government’s role would be felt in the area of price modulation.

Speaking on the planned review of petrol prices, he explained that the country had been able to save a lot of money within the first three months of the year, stating that the savings would be used to fund the gap recorded in pricing in April. He said, “The reality is that in the first three months of doing the price modulation, our over-recovery basically enabled us to save quite a lot of money and that is going to fund the gap that we see in April. But for May, obviously, the prices would have to be adjusted to mark the current trends.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fg-review-fuel-price-next-month/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
buhari has disgrace us

221 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please the elders should give buhari kolanuts and ask for forgiveness on our behalf because the suffering and the one to come is not palatable.

This reminds me of Rehoboam in the bible who said he will increase the suffering of Isrealites

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by DonBobes(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
So we wey we gt cars nw, na to go buy bicycle b dt. At least dt one no need fuel.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Ohammadike: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
When a dullard is in power the innocent suffers.

It is quite unfortunate that brainless zombies surpasses sane individuals

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by tayebest(m): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Why na angry

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by mile12crises: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Apart from being useless, this APC Administration is not just confused, it is also confusing.
That's what you get when a lawyer is the Minister of 3 very technical Ministries (Power, Works and Housing) and the President of the country a stark illiterate and junketing philanderer .

I have never seen an irresponsible government like this one in any democracy .
In the wake of recent attacks in Brussels , The Belgium Senior government officials promptly tendered resignation to the leader and took responsibility for their failure .
Tinubu was quoted recently as saying that PDP was responsible for the current fuel scarcity .
What a shame to the government that will never take responsibility for anything .

234 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by drss(m): 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
e for make sence if buari dullard appoint himself as minister of groundnut oil, fuel situation no go dey like dis. for dis man to hold petroluem ministry potfolio is like a bush man preciding ova central bank. na gbese be dat.
any way. zoogerians! Enjoy ur change.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by drss(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
mile12crises:
Apart from being useless, this APC Administration is not just confused, it is also confusing.
That's what you get when a lawyer is the Minister of 3 very technical Ministries (Power, Works and Housing) and the President of the country a stark illiterate and junketing philanderer .

I have never seen an irresponsible government like this one in any democracy .
In the wake of recent attacks in Brussels , The Belgium Senior government officials promptly tendered resignation to the leader and took responsibility for their failure .
Tinubu was quoted recently as saying that PDP was responsible for the current fuel scarcity .
What a shame to the government that will never take responsibility for anything .
APC were never ready for governance. but they were ready to float parallel govt. yeye pipul.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by ShowYourCertificate: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Even a goat is more intelligent than this Daura Dullardian

P.S: Had to add -ian to Dullard cos I learnt nairaland autocorrect converts Daura Dull@rd to Daura President. So even nairaland agrees that our president is a dullard grin

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Firefire(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Praises for the brainless president by his former stooge, Tam David West.

He noted that the president-elect is familiar with the petroleum industry, adding that he is a straight forward person that has respect for democratic principles.

“As military head of state, he dealt with the Federal Executive Council with the tenets of democracy. Buhari will build new refineries to make petroleum products available for the masses. No responsible government will allow the masses to suffer.

“He will strengthen the refineries within a year. It is possible as we won’t spend any amount in setting up a green field refinery. We already have a blueprint as we shall use what we have to get what we want,”

he added. He further stated that on many occasions, the president – elect had disclosed that the subsidy initiative is a fraud which has distorted the progress expected in the sector.

This government is not responsible. - Tam David West.

Where is the idiotic Professor ?

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by 4reala(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Pls can someone (likely from the preidency) tell Nigerians wat offence we hav commited to deserve this kind of hardship dey are metting out on us SMH .mmmmm

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Trut(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
undecided
Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by tucky200(m): 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Daslim180(m): 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Is this how we'll be watching these people ruin our dear country completely? I would have prefer to be a Togolese than Naijalist or what's d name sef... Nigerian

15 Likes

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Realist2: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
FG has no justification to sell fuel above #40, since global price of oil has dropped--Buhari /David West(2015).
Confusion is not just a word to describe this administration, but dombfounded ,lost and amateur in governance.
In an 8yrs old child,s voice ''Buhari pls Nicodemusly consult with Jonathan to deliver the change you promised ''.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by rawtouch: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Brace up people the ride is about to get bumpy

12 Likes

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Realist2: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
FG has no justification to sell fuel above #40, since global price of oil has dropped--Buhari /David West(2015).
Confusion is not just a word to describe this administration, but dombfounded ,lost in the mellee and amateur in governance.
In an 8yrs old child,s voice ''Buhari pls Nicodemusly consult with Jonathan to deliver on the change you promised ''.But can '' i know it all of Buhari '' allow him to consult ?, even an input from Vp is not being taken, let alone GEJ.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Code45: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
My first time of calling Buhari a Dullard.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Can you imagine .... 100naira just to print 1 full A4 paper..... 30 naira just for photocopy and 300 naira for scanning.... Nigeria is a finished product...

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ok no problem as we need to fund the budget.

It won't exceed N5 increase per litre

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by laksides: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Honestly, Nigerians are suffering, just going on my own today with my car, I decided to park in front of a filling station just to cross and buy my stuff, before I could come back I already see like eight cars parked at my back thinking I want to buy fuel.

me wey go buy indomie jeje grin

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
I DON'T KNOW WHY GOD GAVE US
MINISTER OF TOURISM INSTEAD OF A
PRESIDENT...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by henrydadon(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
nigeria is ruined.. wonder how any body in his or her right sensible mind will vote a 76 years old man as a president of a nation..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Firefire(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Interesting ...
Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Firefire(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Realist2:
Confusion is not just a word to describe this administration, but dombfounded ,lost and amateur in governance.
In an 8yrs old child,s voice ''Buhari pls Nicodemusly consult with Jonathan to deliver on the change you promised ''.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by dhardline(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
#ChangeBuhari

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by tuoyoojo(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
they increased electricity tariff with the promise that light would get beta, the reserve happened.

now they want to increase Fuel after the previous govt who they lambasted reduced it

what happened to all the millions of dollars that was allegedly saved by not paying for subsidy

how many roads has this new govt constructed

people are losing their jobs

the suffering is real

when would this end

when??!!!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by bqlekan(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
somebody shout amen... lemme jejely go find steam generator, steam stove, steam freezer and steam everything.. grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by Samiceman: 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
To think that I even helped to campaign for APC, carried the party for head like groundnuts.....

God save my country, and forgive me for being a part of those used to deceive the masses. Amen cry

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by petkoffdrake2(m): 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
Na until Nigerians bomb one or two APC or minister (s) abode .... They'll know we're serious!

Arant bullshii'! smiley

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month by DJBIGGY(m): 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
Even if they make it N100 a litre, no problem... let it be available!!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi / I Will End Sit-At-Home In Anambra From Today - Ifeanyi Ubah / Governor Oyetola Heads To Appeal Court Following Defeat At Osun Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.