Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,568 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nigeria Prison And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Prison And Religion (476 Views)

Pastor Sent To Prison For Sleeping With Prophetess And Her Daughter (pics) / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Prison And Religion by Controversialad: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
WHEN YOUR PRESENCE IS NOT IMPACTFULL, PLEASE GET OUT
By Tommy Udoh

I was at the Nigerian prisons today and i was shocked to know that even in prison there is the church rivalry trend.
In the Port Harcourt Maximum prison, there are seven (7) different church building and yet just one one mosque, even when the prison has a place where all Pentecostal churches worship each of them has gone ahead to build theirs.

Meanwhile, there are no adequate hostels, library and adequate workshops for inmate to acquire skills; where there are space for workshops, there are no equipment or the ones available are obsolete.
It will in fact shock you to know that in the carpentry workshop, there is only one saw despite the fact that there were over 10 inmates undergoing apprenticeship.

Another sad part of my lesson today was that inmates are recycled, this means that despite the huge number of churches in the prison inmates released, still go out to commit crimes that bring them back. This means that the presence of the church is not helping the prison achieve its reformation, rehabilitation and integration objective.

I am writing this piece to inform us that the Prison especially the Port Harcourt prison does not need another church building so please no one should contemplate going to build one; it rather needs a library equipped with book, it needs equipment for its carpentry and tailoring workshops,it need these workshop to be renovated, it needs carpentry equipment, it need more hostel facilities.

Those of us involved in the Prison ministry should do more than going to conduct service and sharing rice, we should do more sustainable things, things that will help the prison rehabilitate, reform and re-integrate inmates into society.

i must commend one of the churches whose halls have been used for the Open University, other churches should please emulate. if you know your church has a church in prison, please advice your leader to turn into a workshop or put it to uses that will help the prison achieve its aim of reformation, rehabilitation and integration.

I also which to appeal to individual to please visit the prison and see what you can do, for me i have decided to buy 3 SAWs, you can buy a spraying machine, hammer, drill, edge mold, pay for the renovation of the workshops, buy sewing machine.

The best way to start is to go and pay a visit to the prison.
I re-iterate, if your presence can not make meaningful impact, please get out!

Just wondering how Many gods we have as Christians! Wahala dey!
Source:http://www.controversialada.com/2016/04/nigeria-prison-and-religion.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Prison And Religion by TemmyWon(f): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
angry
Re: Nigeria Prison And Religion by TemmyWon(f): 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
angry
Nigerians and hypocrisy, d fast talkers and pseudo tribal warriors won't comment since there's nothing to criticise

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Prison And Religion by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
Na wa....thats why the bible says the wisdom of man is foolishness to God....imagine building countless churches and prisoners lack basic things to empower them if they venture get out...God will help us all

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

The True Family Of Disciples Of Jesus / After Pastor's Wife Buried Alive, Chinese Church Wins Land Battle / Time And Eternity Always Present With Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.