Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability (1683 Views)

Yuletide: Travelers Commend FG On Fuel Availability (see Photo) / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by THEWRITERSMIND: 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
At a time when most Nigerians are lamenting the trauma caused by fuel scarcity in the country, very few others however saw an opportunity presented by the scarcity which has become a recurrent decimal in recent times. When everyone else saw the scorching effects of the present fuel saga, a Nigerian developer and entrepreneur saw an opportunity and created a mobile App which can give users information about filling stations in a particular city where petrol is available.

With the app you can browse and Search Filling stations around you, Check for prices and availability of products (Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene and Gas) from the comfort of your home.

Necessity leads to innovation they say, the same is true in this development which is the hallmark of an entrepreneur. Whenever there is a problem, an entrepreneur sees opportunity. That is the fascinating fact about this mobile app.

In every aspect of our lives and in our society, we as creative minds and business oriented individuals should see opportunities and possibilities whenever there is a peculiar problem in our society.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/04/05/fuel-scarcity-necessity-led-innovation-nigerian-develop-mobile-app-check-fuel-availability/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Rudboy360(m): 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
How e go take fill my Tank? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Dominionhost(m): 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is good but how will this app get the prices?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by leofab(f): 12:02am On Apr 06, 2016
Very simple; they will be moving from one station to the other while updating the application's data base
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 06, 2016
leofab:
Very simple; they will be moving from one station to the other while updating the application's data base
The owners will get tired of moving or getting facts about fuel prices. They will restrict their collation to selected areas while some wouldn't be covered. This makes the app not useful if I need to know the price of fuel in my vila

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by DaBullIT(m): 3:33am On Apr 06, 2016
not useful

waste of brilliance and talents,

Unless that app is linked to Instagram, twitter , facebook and GPS all of which rarely works in Nigeria

No updates for you

But i'd be wary of installing such app , especially with my skyebank app, FirstMobile App and GTB app installed on my phone

hehehehe Money too hard to see pass make person move am grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Jirate(m): 3:57am On Apr 06, 2016
We need an “App” to track this Guy’s Movement also………., exactly where is he now?. wink wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by gbaskiboy: 5:40am On Apr 06, 2016
Fuel scarcity will paralyzed it,
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Tex42(m): 5:48am On Apr 06, 2016
App to check fuel availability u say! Good but,

In Naija, fuel and anything that has to do with it(fuel) is synonymous to scarcity. Trust the Naija government to make this app scarce in no distant time. It is that bad o!

Naija sha
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by ahaz: 5:59am On Apr 06, 2016
Jirate:
We need an “App” to track this Guy’s Movement also………., exactly where is he now?. wink wink wink wink
hahaha supported, especially an app to lock the engines kpatakpata, and we need to consult the Benin's and igalas for this very apps.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Sirmuel1(m): 6:38am On Apr 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by ChappyChase: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2016
Rudboy360:
How e go take fill my Tank? undecided
It will show you a place where you can get your tank filled, that's if you have a tank though undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by leofab(f): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The owners will get tired of moving or getting facts about fuel prices. They will restrict their collation to selected areas while some wouldn't be covered. This makes the app not useful if I need to know the price of fuel in my vila
the app will be available to filing station owners as well.. So if there is network in your village and any one with android phone then be rest assured that you will know about it.. Thanks
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
leofab:
the app will be available to filing station owners as well.. So if there is network in your village and any one with android phone then be rest assured that you will know about it.. Thanks
How are you sure the filing station owners will opt in for such app?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by leofab(f): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
asuustrike2009:

How are you sure the filing station owners will opt in for such app?
its a public app.. People who just bought will have the option to update too..so when you buy from your village oh can update the name and address of the station and the price you bought..
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by uchedim(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2016
Dominionhost:
This is good but how will this app get the prices?

Its a crowdsourcing app. Which means anyone can update prices for any filling station that is listed on the app. If you are passing a filling station on your way to work, running errands, or going about your daily activity you can help updated for motor users who take your route and buy petrol on that route by updating filling stations on the said route. So basically Everyone helping everyone save money and time buying Fuel products.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by uchedim(m): 4:04pm On May 02, 2016
DaBullIT:
not useful

waste of brilliance and talents,

Unless that app is linked to Instagram, twitter , facebook and GPS all of which rarely works in Nigeria

No updates for you

But i'd be wary of installing such app , especially with my skyebank app, FirstMobile App and GTB app installed on my phone

hehehehe Money too hard to see pass make person move am grin grin grin grin

People are actually using it in Rivers, Lagos and Abuja. So I wont really say its "waste of Brilliance" Also because you have bank app installed on your phone, doesn't not mean you cannot use other apps. Am sure the reason they spent money and time creating a business is not to collect your money. But to create a service that will help easy lives and in extension make a living out of it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by WebSurfer(m): 4:10pm On May 02, 2016
This is serious
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by DaBullIT(m): 1:06am On May 03, 2016
You are not getting the main point which is there's no way the app works without gps,constant internet/Wifi

Google play will never allow an app on their store unless it's tested for security risks , but then google play doesn't check updates , which makes it risky
uchedim:

People are actually using it in Rivers, Lagos and Abuja. So I wont really say its "waste of Brilliance" Also because you have bank app installed on your phone, doesn't not mean you cannot use other apps. Am sure the reason they spent money and time creating a business is not to collect your money. But to create a service that will help easy lives and in extension make a living out of it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: A Nigerian Develop Mobile App To Check Fuel Availability by uchedim(m): 4:49pm On May 03, 2016
DaBullIT:
You are not getting the main point which is there's no way the app works without gps,constant internet/Wifi

Google play will never allow an app on their store unless it's tested for security risks , but then google play doesn't check updates , which makes it risky

I get the point and I am telling you it is working without Gps. It uses some GPS but it doesn't DEPEND on it to work. Maybe you should download it. Ofcos most app we have installed on our phones today(twitter, FB, IG) use or NEED internet to work that is a given and not a reason why it should not work or serve its purpose it was built for. The app is on Google play store and app store that is how you actually download and install on your phone. So don't exactly know what you mean when you talk about risk.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose's Friend Reveals All To EFCC / Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa And Family In Lovely Photos / Senator Dino Malaye Has Turned Preacher On Twitter..check Out His Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.