Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos (15826 Views)

Fulani Hersdmen Kill More In Benue..vanguard / Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / Dolapo Osinbajo Visits Agatu Victims In Benue - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Xposer: 5:45am On Apr 06, 2016
After weeks of being attacked by Fulani Herdsmen, the people of Agatu community in Benue State were visited by governor Samuel Ortom, who has solicited assistance from the Federal Government, global agencies, organizations, and individuals to rehabilitate destroyed areas in Agatu and other parts of the state.

He also requested federal government's support to institute a commission of inquiry to examine the causes of the attacks, document the losses and recommend solutions.

Governor Ortom made the requests while speaking with journalists in Okoklo, Agatu local government area after the state executive and security councils inspected some communities destroyed by herdsmen during the recent attacks.

He described the magnitude of destruction as monumental and far beyond the financial capacity of the state to rehabilitate the affected communities. The Governor said he had visited some of the places attacked by insurgents in the North East but the magnitude of devastation in Agatu far exceeded those places.

Governor Ortom requested the Federal government and people of goodwill across the world to assist the Benue State government to enable ravaged communities to recover and get their lives together again.

According to him, farming and grazing were incompatible hence the imperative to establish ranches as a permanent solution to the incessant clashes between farmers and herders.

He announced that the state government would construct the road from Obagaji to Agagbe in Gwer West local government area while the road from Oshigbudu to Obagaji would be completed in order to enhance accessibility to the area.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/04/gov-ortom-finally-visits-agatu.html

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Xposer: 5:46am On Apr 06, 2016
more

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by MaconAwire(m): 5:49am On Apr 06, 2016
THIS MAN EH... LETS PRAY HE DOES BETTER THAN SUSWAM

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 5:51am On Apr 06, 2016
na now u wake up abii

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by CHIJIOKE1314: 5:51am On Apr 06, 2016
grin
Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by CastedDude: 5:53am On Apr 06, 2016
if it was during campaign period, he would have been the first to go there...hypocrite

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by tyson99(m): 6:22am On Apr 06, 2016
MaconAwire:
They are both useless

8 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Terry68: 6:25am On Apr 06, 2016
Even after viewing the magnitude of pandemonium, inhabitants went through in hands of these dangerous illiterates called herdsmen, He will still be lost in dilemma o'er which decision to act upon.

Herdsmen are now dominant in our farm lands instead of fertilzers. Yet, our president is mute over the frequent occurrence which is gradually becoming a norm.

Allowing farmers who can't have access to these 'know-me-i-know-you job givers' perish in yearning succour and protection on little they've tried with every mortal courage to raise.

Is it that the so called leaders are potentially deaf nor blind to these unbecoming activities that is gaining weight putting farmers and villagers at risk in their own communities?

11 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 06, 2016
While it is nice for the governor to visit....he too should be doing more than visiting.

He should,as a matter of urgency, put in place better land planning laws....and should also ensure that the Police do their jobs on time.

Also,high time the Federal Govt went beyond talk and started the ling and complicated process of ending this problem....by reinstating the Green Belt Project, ranches, ending nomadic living, land reserves, planting improved grass varieties up North, and crossing them with the local varieties,arms control, etc, etc.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 06, 2016
The people of middle belt have signed unto themselves to be under the yoke of hausa fulani forever. How can we reconcile a governor keeping silent since while his state is being decimated by Fulani.

Ortom is a disgrace to benue people and deserve to be impeached

12 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 06, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
While it is nice for the governor to visit....he too should be doing more than visiting.

He should,as a matter of urgency, put in place better land planning laws....and should also ensure that the Police do their jobs on time.

Also,high time the Federal Govt went beyond talk and started the ling and complicated process of ending this problem....by reinstating the Green Belt Project, ranches, ending nomadic living, land reserves, planting improved grass varieties up North, and crossing them with the local varieties,arms control, etc, etc.
what do you mean with the bolded? So he should plan out grazing areas for fulani cattle when the Fulani are not the owners nor indigent.

I pray this menace happen to you lets see if you will sk of this nonsense

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 06, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

what do you mean with the bolded? So he should plan out grazing areas for fulani cattle when the Fulani are not the owners nor indigent.

I pray this menace happen to you lets see if you will sk of this nonsense.
Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 06, 2016
Fedayeen:

I pray this menace happen to you lets see if you will sk of this nonsense

For now...asa temprary measure, grazing reserves...

Stopping nomadisim is going to take a long time. Keep in mind that Fulani herders have problems across all of Nigeria with settled tribes. Restricting them to the far North, without the green belt in place, and without proper land grazing facilties is not going to work.

I guess what I am trying to do here is not defend the Fulanis....but to tell you that the problem is highly complicated. Like you, I want to drive all of them out .....but that would lead to more violence and to a crisis that might be beyond people's control. Allowing the status quo is not good as well....

So...a middle ground....grazing paths, with the eventual plan of permanent ranches....which I put in my solution, which you did not read.....in the far North....where there is enough land...with grazing reserves.

And let's be honest....we have to modernize farming in this country.Cattle herding and the shifting cultivation in this country are not fit for purpose.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Firefire(m): 6:56am On Apr 06, 2016
Shame on you Samuel Ioraer Ortom, shame on APC government of insensitivity, what a useless and careless party. embarassed Visiting Agatu after how many days attack by Buhari's younger brothers ? can this ever happen in a normal society of sane leaders ? NO!

RIP to the dead.

BTW: When will President Mohomodu Buhari visit Agatu to see the level of destruction from his kinsmen

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by fr3do(m): 6:59am On Apr 06, 2016
This man is a small timid mouse!
God forbid!
If I am the governor of Benue state, I will call for the arrest of the responsible herdsmen, I will push a bill to the state assembly that will aim to illegalize cattle rearing in the state, if that isnt achievable I will push for an alternative.
I will also push to stop herdsmen from carrying weapons.

This governor is a sissy!

9 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 06, 2016
He Ought to visit.

Oughtn't He? .

crazy country
Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Aromas: 7:06am On Apr 06, 2016
MaconAwire:
As if you know my prayer 4 Benue people!!!
Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by ChappyChase: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2016
MaconAwire:
Benue State getting miserable Governors Back2Back grin

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by seyema(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2016
What's stopping him all this while

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by bukynkwuenu: 11:06am On Apr 06, 2016
space booked

make i go buy fuel
Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by RedEagle: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2016
When will Buhari visit?

We all criticized Jonathan for not visiting attack sites early?

What is being done to bring the perpetrators of these heinous acts to book?

Nigerian citizens should speak up.

Don't be silent because you support the president.

"The only thing required for evil to continue is for men of Goodwill to remain silent"

9 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2016
Fake APC..

Fake Change

6 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by legenddimex(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2016
Gud, no blame him he just get fuel to go there grin

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by kings09(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2016
Wen will buhari visit them

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by officialgeorge(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2016
U PEOPLE SHOULD SPARE HIM D LEASHll I don't blame him...maybe dere was no FUEL..to drive frm state house to agatu...abi fuel scarcity no reach una side..lol..hopeless government

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by Guyman02: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2016
Xposer:

He also requested federal government's support to institute a commission of inquiry to examine the causes of the attacks, document the losses and recommend solutions.

Buhari will not do it as long as the perpetrators are of the same tribe with him. Fulanis dont destroy their own like Southerners do to their brothers. They follow a political policy called in Hausa 'Namune' which means that as long as our own is in power we dont care what others think or say.

When Orton was in opposition to the ruling party he would have been the first to visit the area to show how 'incompetent and clueless' the PDP Govt was. Now non of the 'human rights activists' is campaigning for Bring Back our Agatu people

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by mackween: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2016
I can't belive this shocked shocked.
Such a tragedy took place in yout state and as the chief security officer it took you over 3 weeks or close to a whole month to to go on an assessment tour of the community or to commiserate with the affected people.
What is wrong with our leaders?

8 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by MCcolls: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2016
kings09:
Wen will buhari visit them
gd 1
Re: Gov Ortom Finally Visits Agatu After Weeks Of Attack By Fulani Hersdmen. Photos by 4nobody4every1: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2016
sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governors Celebrate Buhari’s 75th Birthday In Aso Rock (Photos) / PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC / Former Kano DeputyGovernor Hafiz Abubakar Defies Kwankwaso, Picks PDP Guber Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.