Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review (1393 Views)

Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie / Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Download [gods Of Egypt] Movie Full HD!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:15am On Apr 06, 2016
'GODS OF EGYPT'- THE MOVIE | REVIEW

Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:17am On Apr 06, 2016
Last month, I was invited to a movie outing and when I was told we were going to see ‘Gods of Egypt’, I was not sure what to expect as I had not previously seen the movie’s preview, I also wasn’t really in the mood to see a movie that evening but I felt I could use a little walk around the mall and so I went.

It was countdown to the start of the film and I was already (secretly) counting down to the end so I could leave (now I’ve had my stroll, I just want to go and sleep) little did I know that this movie will turn out to be my favourite movie (so far) in 2016.

Finally, the movie starts and we hear an intriguing voice narration telling a story from the beginning of time in ancient Egypt and when I saw this movie was based on Egyptian mythology, my senses arosed! Movies like these, be ready to see those exciting elements- Egyptian deities, epic battles, tales of afterlife, costumes, scorpions, statues and monsters!

Before I proceed, here’s the official movie’s synopsis.

Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:19am On Apr 06, 2016
"The survival of mankind hangs in the balance when Set (Gerard Butler), the merciless god of darkness, usurps Egypt’s throne and plunges the prosperous empire into chaos and conflict. Hoping to save the world and rescue his true love, a defiant mortal named Bek (Brenton Thwaites) forms an unlikely alliance with the powerful god Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). Their battle against Set and his henchmen takes them into the afterlife and across the heavens for an epic confrontation."

One thing I love about this movie is the characters.

We saw Gerard Butler, darkened up to suit the dark character villain, Set. Though I can see few other actors pulling off this character well, he equally did a great job.

Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:20am On Apr 06, 2016
Now, to the most enchanting character in the entire film, Hathor. Hathor, according to Egyptian mythology, is the goddess who personified the principles of love, beauty, music, dance, motherhood and joy and I can’t help but profess of how well actress Elodie Yung pulled off this charcter. She brought in the sex appeal, the flirt, the naughty and the brave and still ended as a sacrificial heroine. The ancient Egyptian goddess (mythical) would be proud of her eccentric display and interpretation of her character.

Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2016
Set kills his brother, Osiris to forcefully take over the kingdom from its heir, Horus. Bek, a mortal thief, sides Horus, to help him defeat Set in exchange for bringing back the love of his life back from death before she reaches the afterlife.

Set, who proves unstoppable, goes out of his way to obtain the abilities of other gods and adds to himself, increasing his own powers.
Horus is faced with the uphill challenge of defeating the now invincible Set in a second battle when they meet again.

I’ll stop here for now (I wasn’t paid to promote this movie)

If you loved seeing ‘The Mummy’ back in the day, you’ll definitely love seeing this movie.

How about the financial success of this movie? Not as great as anticipated.

According to Bloomberg.com;

"Gods of Egypt,” a $140 million effects-heavy film from Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., opened in a disappointing second place, making the mythological tale the first big-budget flop of 2016."
Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2016
Well, the financial standing of the movie isn’t really my concern, I had a great movie outing, I saw the best film in the year so far.
End of story.

Have you seen ‘Gods of Egypt’, what do you think of this movie?

Source: www.justiceokwudike.com | Entertainment

Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by BlissP(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2016
I bought this movie weeks ago! Really didnt gave it a thought watching it...
Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by badinfluence: 11:41am On Apr 06, 2016
The movie is crap.
Re: 'Gods Of Egypt'- The Movie | Review by newguy1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
Saw the movie will give it a 4.5 to me it a straight forward movie that u can easily predict what will happen from the begin.n gerand butner didn't kill dat character.

(1) (Reply)

" A Trip To Jamaica" AY Releases Trailer For His New Movie / Ugah Undiluted: Nigerian Director Talks South African Films, Nollywood And ..... / Subscribers Of TSTV Shocked As Bein Sports Accuses Them Of Illegal Viewing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.