Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Raising A Better Generation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Raising A Better Generation (494 Views)

Check Out This Adorable Four Generation Photoshoot / 5 Survival Tips For Raising A Large Family / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Raising A Better Generation by jerrydelight(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
I tune my radio one quite morning to hear the latest news making rounds in the society and found myself with two jigsaw puzzle that couldn't fit.

The news was centered on concerted effort in creating a better future for this present generation by the parents, guardians, and leaders while the commentary was on the alarming rate of moral decadence amongst the youths of this present generation.
The puzzle was that one side is busy with the plan of creating a better future for the other side which is ruining herself as the day goes by.

These thought filtered through my mind as i pondered on this anomaly;
• What kind of better future can be created for a generation that is getting worse each day?
• What best do you expect them to make out of the better you are creating for them in their worst state?

Our Leaders, fathers, mothers, etc are making a big mistake, in thinking of how to create a better future for this present generation, at the expense of making this generation better because, whatever effort been made or resources been used in creating a better future for this present generation will amount to naught if this present generation are not made better, as they will end up ruining everything as they have ruined themselves.

The present that we are in today was the future that we sacrificed for, struggled for and even fought for in the past and the future that we are we so obsessed about creating for this present generation is a future that they are also entitled to, sacrifice, struggle, and even fight for not to have it done for them by another.

I met a man who was of the opinion that "His children will not suffer what he suffered to achieve what he achieved in life" and that is a lovely thought from a loving father. But the truth is, the good place you find yourself today, is not a result of the suffering you suffered, but a result of the lessons you learnt from those suffering.

I will not allow my children to undergo the sufferings i went through but they will definitely come to learn the lessons i learnt ON TIME, one way or the other because those lessons are the only thing that can enable them create a future far better than the one i am planning for them.

Great atrocities have been committed by many in bid to secure a better future for their children. Some have looted government fund, other have soiled their hands in illegal business, cheated, stolen, and committed all manners of crime, some have even worked out themselves to death.

The thought of;
• How much is enough?
• How much do you have to loot, steal, save, etc to secure a better future for your children,children's-children, etc,
• How long will it last? ...
is what technically propels them to loot more, steal more, etc.

The best way to secure a better future for this present generation is by raising / equipping them to be better than you are, thereby creating a better future for themselves.

The reason ( in my opinion) why most youths are misbehaving this days is because they know their fathers will do everything humanly possible to leave behind for them a very good inheritance enough to sustain them. The day this present generation will learn to look beyond what they will inherit from their father and start thinking of how to create an inheritance for themselves, the day the future start becoming bright for them.

The best that can be done for this present generation is to make them twice as good as you are, this will enable them achieve twice the things you achieved in your life time, equating to a " BETTER FUTURE".

http://ehijeremiah..com/2016/04/raising-better-generation.html

(1) (Reply)

Ignite The Genius In Your Child And See Them Come Alive With This Educational... / Your Suffering Has Come, But To Pass! / Ten Questions For Nairaland Daddies: Father-daughter Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.