Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss (729 Views)

Threat To Release Snakes To Bite Construction Workers Pauses Work - Benue Govt. / Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport / Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by hopeforcharles(m): 6:47am On Apr 07, 2016
I no fit laugh finish by next 2 years...Why? Wait for it...
Benue APC government to tax generator users, private residents up to N50000/year and companies N150000/year...
And the money will be used to maintain the Ozone Layer!!! Hahahaha hahahaha! Maintain the Ozone Layer Hahahahahaha!

Its like there is no Geography or Science in Benue State Education Curriculum and so all of you people don't know where the Ozone layer is or what it actually is.

Benue Internal Revenue Service has offered explanations as to why it receives 50 thousand Naira tax yearly for electricity generating sets from private residents and up to 150 thousand Naira for business residents across the state.

According to Mr Terna Francis, the media assistant to the Chairman of the board, Mrs Mimi Orubibi, the said tax will be used by government for the “maintenance of the ozone layer” depleted by fumes emitted from the generators.

“When these levies are collected, they are channeled towards the maintenance of the ozone layer to avoid natural disaster”. He ridiculously explained.

When questioned further about how they intended to carry that out, considering that the ozone layer is a belt of naturally occurring ozone gas that sits about 30 kilometers above the Earth, he couldn’t answer satisfactorily.
Copied.

http://benue.info/benue-govt-to-use-generators-tax-to-maintain-the-ozone-layer-revenue-boss/

Is this not Omenka 's state? Please let him come and explain more because I don't really understand.
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by Adminisher: 6:53am On Apr 07, 2016
I still can't believe I am reading this. The carbon tax in Europe is to force people to go renewables. This would make sense only if Benue State government has partnered with solar energy companies to provide alternatives as NEPA does not work. They can make money both ways.
There is nothing man can do to MAINTAIN the ozone layer apart from cutting emissions
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by hopeforcharles(m): 7:24am On Apr 07, 2016
Adminisher:
I still can't believe I am reading this. The carbon tax in Europe is to force people to go renewables. This would make sense only if Benue State government has partnered with solar energy companies to provide alternatives as NEPA does not work. They can make money both ways.
There is nothing man can do to MAINTAIN the ozone layer apart from cutting emissions
Lol this is highest height of lack of foresight. There are other ways to generate income and not this, even if Europe is doing it they are well advanced and have adequate infrastructure to enable and support it, but we do we have it?
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by eyeview: 7:29am On Apr 07, 2016
There are some things you will read,you will feel your intelligence has been insulted. How can some rogues come out and look for money to steal and they didn't find and decide to turn on the already impoverished citizens.
Please,if the govt had provided power supply,would people resort to generators? Is the gens not a reflection of the failure of the govt. And now one clueless and kleptomaniac administration wants to tax the poor masses for it.
And they found no other jaw dropping reason other than to maintain the ozone layer! We get away with many rubbishes in this country. In a saner clime,everybody that has anything to do with this would be sacked and ridiculed!

Let me go and read a book to restore my IQ cos benue state govt had just depleted it by this statement

2 Likes

Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by Maghan37: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2016
In a country that is not industrialised & lacks adequate power supply someone is talking about fixing some thing that cannot be fixed with the epileptic power supply omo strike as not been more useful
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by eleojo23: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 07, 2016
Unimaginable. I doubt the person in question even knows what ozone layer means
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by hopeforcharles(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2016
eyeview:
There are some things you will read,you will feel your intelligence has been insulted. How can some rogues come out and look for money to steal and they didn't find and decide to turn on the already impoverished citizens.
Please,if the govt had provided power supply,would people resort to generators? Is the gens not a reflection of the failure of the govt. And now one clueless and kleptomaniac administration wants to tax the poor masses for it.
And they found no other jaw dropping reason other than to maintain the ozone layer! We get away with many rubbishes in this country. In a saner clime,everybody that has anything to do with this would be sacked and ridiculed!

Let me go and read a book to restore my IQ cos benue state govt had just depleted it by this statement
hahahahaha. Seriously this is funny, when i saw this i was like are benue guys low on I.Q that they are easily manupulated.
Re: Benue Govt To Use Generators Tax To “maintain The Ozone Layer” – Revenue Boss by hopeforcharles(m): 8:22am On Apr 07, 2016
twoondei:
Unimaginable. I doubt the person in question even knows what ozone layer means
when they where asked about it they started blabbing. In saner clime they should be booed.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Running A Voodoo Economy-fayose / This Day In History: Idi Amin Of Uganda Overthrown / Irate Bayelsa Council Workers Reject One Month’s Salary Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.