Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged (28258 Views)

Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed / Panama Papers Exposes Theophilus Danjuma’s Offshore Companies And Secret Account / How To Explain Panama Papers Into Terms A 5-year-old Could Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Holyman3(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2016
Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged Over 'panama Papers Leaks'

While chains of reactions are now trailing the latest revelation of fraudulent activities of some wealthy people through the Panama Papers Leaks, some Nigerians are still unperturbed about the issue that is drawing global concerns.

First casualty is the former Prime Minister of Iceland, Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson, who was disgraced out of office over the revelation that he and (or) his wife had interest in a company under scrutiny.

The leaked documents from the Mossack Fonseca law firm in Panama reveal Gunnlaugsson and his wife, Anna Sigurlaug Pálsdóttir, bought a British Virgin Islands-based offshore company, Wintris Inc, in December 2007 to invest her share of the very substantial proceeds from the sale of her father’s business, Iceland’s only Toyota importer.

Gunnlaugsson sold his 50% stake to his wife for a symbolic $1 at the end of 2009, eight months after he was elected to parliament as an MP for the centre-right Progressive party. He failed, however, to declare an interest in the company either then or when he became prime minister in 2013.

In Nigeria, Ex Governor of the oil rich Delta State, James Ibori, President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki and his predecessor, David Mark, are public officers named so far in the Panama leaks but there seem to be very little concern by Nigerians.

Dallas, USA based real estate expert, Ejike Okpa, is concerned that the revelation which is a function of deep rooted corruption in the country is not stirring enough 'anger' from the citizens.

"But Nigerians should be outraged that their money is stashed away while they are made to endure rounds of NO LIGHT, NO WATER, BAD ROADS, ARREARS OWED Civil servants, crumbling nation with no infrastructure to speak to.

"However the people are starving but smiling preferring to scream in "In Jesus Name" and "Mighty Name of Jesus", while they are fleeced by their leaders who also enjoin them to pray for them to be successful as they rob them."

Mr. Okpa who was once a Republican Dallas Mayoral Candidate, took a quick swipe at those who at all times find pleasure in giving recognitions to 'corrupt' public officers and could go to any length in defending them.

"And guess what, Nigerians pray for their leaders to keep stealing from them, often rewarding them with front row seats in church and places of worship. That is how they roll in Hail Thee Nation.

"But never mind, in the world most populous black Nation where they 'Hail Thee' but live in Raging Hell. The apologists and sympathizers will find reasons that it is nothing to worry about."

He ended his post which he shared with an online group with a seeming call to action.

"Maybe so, but Thank God for internet and willing journalists who took the risk to unearth the wicked conducts of those who ought to serve their nation.

"Now, what are you going to do it about it?"

http://www.homelandnewsng.com/other-news/3605-nigerians-praying-world-outraged-over-panama-papers-leaks

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2016
We easily forget and we have decided not to think.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Holyman3(m): 7:32am On Apr 07, 2016
walescounis:

The mental laziness of black man is overwhelming.

57 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 07, 2016
Nigerians has been drained so much dat the only thing we think about is how to stay alive on this planet earth. Who has d strength to fight sef? Does a hungry man fight?

*The hungrier they are, d weaker they become*.
Thats d strategy!.

We believe that wen we strip some1 of their rights they become more obedient.

We can only move forward wen we change this mindset.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by dangotesmummy: 7:45am On Apr 07, 2016
Nigerians have already been used to suffering that they don't even know that they're suffering anymore

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by ArodewilliamsT: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2016
This is God's punishment on the Sai Zombies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by ZombieNation: 8:05am On Apr 07, 2016
Abeg forget the Panama papers.

I will only take the leaks seriously when I begin to see American business men and politicians on it and not Messi and the President of Azerbaijan.

The fact that main stream media, MSMs are covering it coupled with the man behind the leaks George Sorros, the motivation for the leaks is to blackmail and stir revolutions.

Even on nairaland, we only see apc paid hacks making threads on Panama leaks concerning PDP members.

When I see Atiku, obasanji, Amaechi, Fashola and co threads relating to Panama leaks then maybe I will take this bullsh1t seriously.

A note of advice: whenever you see bullsh1t media outlets like CNN and BBC struggling to report on any story, you better pause and ask yourself why are they telling me this and what are they diverting my attention from with their bullsh1t news.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2016
ZombieNation:

I will only take the leaks seriously when I begin to see American business men and politicians on it and not Messi and the President of Azerbaijan.

The fact that main stream media, MSMs are covering it coupled with the man behind the leaks George Sorros, the motivation for the leaks is to blackmail and stir revolutions.

Even on nairaland, we only see apc paid hacks making threads on Panama leaks concerning PDP members.

When I see Atiku, obasanji, Amaechi, Fashola and co threads relating to Panama leaks then maybe I will take this bullsh1t seriously.

A note of advice: whenever you see bullsh1t media outlets like CNN and BBC struggling to report on any story, you better pause and ask yourself why are they telling me this and what are they diverting my attention from with their bullsh1t news.

*** Iceland's PM resigned already, forget bout not exposing those Alakori Americans for now but Panama Paper leak is REAL.

31 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2016
I still wonder why Nairaland has never been a whistle blower as you can never compare nairaland with Reddit. Here is full of copied content always.

7 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
[size=18pt]The only thing i know about Panama is prison break's season 3 #SONA[/size].

19 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
angry Who u epp? Who u epp? Who u epp? U don baff? Who u serve? Don't slam my door whats wrong with you angry
Se television nie ni ko ye mi gan
Ye se frapapa kilo gbena papa
Kini nkan na kini toti lapa
Emi luko gan ibile buruku ni mio
H-factor abale sha or kin tabon
Mio form posh mio so oyinbo ju
Gboju nbe ko’lor gba ile s’agboju
Huhuh mio fe mo sha
Emi lion, eyan baddo osha
Shout out to my ngga Tunji Adeleke
Anywhere taba tidale gbogbo wanma ferege
Emi o worry o, un bothered
So girlfriend mi you’re covered
Coming through, issue
Pounds sterling lawa fin se tissue
Married to the game olojun mio kin sun
Fvck my exes cos i don’t miss you

3 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by just2okworld(f): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by steppin: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
Concerned ke? With all we've been going through?
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Aviero: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's not Panama Papers that will tell us who and who is corrupt in our country. We know them. Since the days of Oketie-Eboh, corruption has reigned supreme.

This useless Dallas whoever should STFU and mind his fvking business, and respect our beliefs and religion. We will continue praying to whoever we feel like and in whatever way we feel like.

And as for the corrupt people in Naija, including me the days of brutal judgement are coming. What Buhari is doing now is child's play. When that time comes, y'all will see hell on Earth.

It's a good thing to know that we've started a good war on corruption, even though it has K-leg.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by joseph1832(m): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
How will nigerians be concerned? When they're busy hating PMB and shouting and cussing him for causing the hardship they're facing.

Its a standard norm that the typical nigerian man can and has never been able to see what's in front of him, for he only cares for what he can eat at the particular moment.

#StomachInfrastructure.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by macaranta(m): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
They want Nigerians to have by force high blood pressure the wahala on ground has taken all the RAM in our brains,we can't process other corruption matter at this point in time.

7 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by hollandis(f): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
What concern Nigeria and Panama papers ,the countries it affect most are not talking it too serious
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by menacetosociety: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
ZombieNation:

U be 100% zombie undiluted grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
panama again
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Shymm3x: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
George Soros just got everyone talking and distracted with these Panama Papers "leaks". grin

You just have to respect the yanks and their big machine. Especially their uncanny way of getting everyone confused, while chasing shadow everywhere.

Regardless, the collateral damage of the "leaks" should be investigated. But higher minds know what the noise is about and you can't but respect George Soros' gangster. I love Americans. grin Gangsters! cool
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by xolocious(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
WHICH WAY NIGERIA? WHICH WAY TO GO? I STILL LOVE MY FATHER LAND.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
the revelation so far has indicted official from both major political divide.

TY danjuma is the biggest theif so far indicted
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by menacetosociety: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
Only a fool will be risking his/her life for all this politicians!abi u dey share from the money?
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Mutuwa(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
walescounis:

true.

no to forget that a copious number of Nigerians', are governed by bigotry and naturally, myopic.

deep thinking is absent,because wisdom is not present.This makes thinking only a moment to moment thing.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by rawtouch: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
by the time the names of former rulers, captains of industries, technocrats et al will be published citizens will forget about political affiliation and see this for what it really is....

Till then I will be sipping my alcoholic malt....
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by mcgaius: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
Holyman3:

While chains of reactions are now trailing the latest revelation of fraudulent activities of some wealthy people through the Panama Papers Leaks, some Nigerians are still unperturbed about the issue that is drawing global concerns.

First casualty is the former Prime Minister of Iceland, Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson, who was disgraced out of office over the revelation that he and (or) his wife had interest in a company under scrutiny.

The leaked documents from the Mossack Fonseca law firm in Panama reveal Gunnlaugsson and his wife, Anna Sigurlaug Pálsdóttir, bought a British Virgin Islands-based offshore company, Wintris Inc, in December 2007 to invest her share of the very substantial proceeds from the sale of her father’s business, Iceland’s only Toyota importer.

Gunnlaugsson sold his 50% stake to his wife for a symbolic $1 at the end of 2009, eight months after he was elected to parliament as an MP for the centre-right Progressive party. He failed, however, to declare an interest in the company either then or when he became prime minister in 2013.

In Nigeria, Ex Governor of the oil rich Delta State, James Ibori, President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki and his predecessor, David Mark, are public officers named so far in the Panama leaks but there seem to be very little concern by Nigerians.

Dallas, USA based real estate expert, Ejike Okpa, is concerned that the revelation which is a function of deep rooted corruption in the country is not stirring enough 'anger' from the citizens.

"But Nigerians should be outraged that their money is stashed away while they are made to endure rounds of NO LIGHT, NO WATER, BAD ROADS, ARREARS OWED Civil servants, crumbling nation with no infrastructure to speak to.

"However the people are starving but smiling preferring to scream in "In Jesus Name" and "Mighty Name of Jesus", while they are fleeced by their leaders who also enjoin them to pray for them to be successful as they rob them."

Mr. Okpa who was once a Republican Dallas Mayoral Candidate, took a quick swipe at those who at all times find pleasure in giving recognitions to 'corrupt' public officers and could go to any length in defending them.

"And guess what, Nigerians pray for their leaders to keep stealing from them, often rewarding them with front row seats in church and places of worship. That is how they roll in Hail Thee Nation.

"But never mind, in the world most populous black Nation where they 'Hail Thee' but live in Raging Hell. The apologists and sympathizers will find reasons that it is nothing to worry about."

He ended his post which he shared with an online group with a seeming call to action.

"Maybe so, but Thank God for internet and willing journalists who took the risk to unearth the wicked conducts of those who ought to serve their nation.

http://www.homelandnewsng.com/other-news/3605-nigerians-praying-world-outraged-over-panama-papers-leaks

Why am.i not seeing the picture of Tinubu stooge Folorunsho Coker Or is switched press ashamed oh having their trusted saints involved in the Panama paper
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
If we call for the prosecution of these Nigerians, some will label it witch hunting.

3 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by naijathings(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
same song
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by mcgaius: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
Holyman3:

Why am.i not seeing the picture of Tinubu's stooge Folorunsho Coker Or is sw press ashamed oh having their trusted saints involved in the Panama paper
Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nigerians have no culture of naming and shaming corrupt people

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by PBundles(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
The reason why Nigerians are not angered is simple.........we have allowed corruption to be part and parcel of our society. From the small child of 5 at nursery to the old mama at the village, we think its normal, hence we are not moved by it. Until we as a people first come to terms and first acknowledge we have a problem, we cannot fix.

Some may be offended, but its the harsh reality.

7 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged by lolaxavier(m): 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
Doomed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Ebonyi State / Rivers Mosque Demolition: Nasir Uhor “There Was No Mosque On The Land” / The Political Inequality In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.